Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) (58019 Views)

The Public Administrators Thread(Official) / Any Sociologist Here?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
Eleniyan15,av replied,check ur mail
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
Babice:
cym
Done.... Babice..... Replied....
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
SuperNover:
Done.... Babice..... Replied....
yeah,replied, cym
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
Babice:
yeah,replied, cym
Replied. cool
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
GloChrystal what you doing here again? lipsrsealed
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
SuperNover:
Replied. cool
replied,cym
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Eleniyan15,av replied,check ur mail
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
SuperNover:
I think MhizFa8 should know
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by MhizFa8(f): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Babice:
I think MhizFa8 should know
Huh
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Babice:
replied,cym
cheesy cym
Babice:
I think MhizFa.8 should know
lipsrsealed
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by GloChrystal(f): 6:22am On Nov 23, 2015
SuperNover:
Lol, I'm only wandering...what arte u doing here too?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by EseBosun(f): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2015
SuperNover
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2015
GloChrystal:
Lol, I'm only wandering...what arte u doing here too?
Lol. This is my home. cool
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2015
EseBosun:
SuperNover
EseBosun cheesy
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by GloChrystal(f): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2015
SuperNover:

Lol. This is my home. cool
Not the sky again?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2015
GloChrystal:
Not the sky again?
Lol.. This is my online home. wink
The sky is my Physical Home. cool
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by GloChrystal(f): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2015
SuperNover:

Lol.. This is my online home. wink
The sky is my Physical Home. cool
I see...any spiritual home?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2015
GloChrystal:
I see...any spiritual home?
Lol... Nope... I don't have a penchant for spiritual things. undecided
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by GloChrystal(f): 8:04am On Nov 23, 2015
SuperNover:

Lol... Nope... I don't have a penchant for spiritual things. undecided
Someone like me...*fistbump*

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
GloChrystal:
Someone like me...*fistbump*
cheesy good to know.......

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2015
Babice, my credit has finished oh embarassed
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
hmm
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by EseBosun(f): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2015

EseBosun cheesy
tell me babice is in benin please.. she is missing a lot oo
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
EseBosun:
tell me babice is in benin please.. she is missing a lot oo
i am ooo,biko,hav u gotten home?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
hmm
hw far guy,check ur mail
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
MhizFa8:
Huh
i saw u viewing,how's lecture going?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Babice, my credit has finished oh embarassed
y u con deactivate ur account now?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Degree in Sociology.
Career Opportunities for Sociology Majors
The great thing about sociology degrees is that there are so many options available upon graduation. Sociology offers you a background in research design, data analysis, statistics, and sociological concepts. With this strong set of skills you can look for positions in research, policy analysis, program evaluation, and other social science-oriented jobs. Additionally, you’ll be well prepared to further your education in graduate school.
If you’re just starting a degree program in sociology, you may be unsure what you want to do with your degree, and that’s okay! Sociology degree programs cover a wide variety of topics, exposing you to different areas of the field. And hopefully you’ll have an opportunity to intern at an agency or organization to further develop your area of expertise.
Below you find a wealth of information about the different areas of work for sociology majors in addition to career stats and other projections from The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Areas of Work for Sociology Majors
There are many different jobs available for sociology majors within different areas of work. The following are some industries a sociology major could work in, as well as possible job positions:
Human Services:
*.Counseling
*.Case Management
*.Advocacy
*.Mental Health Services
*.Programming
*.Administration
Criminal Justice:
*.Corrections
*.Rehabilitation
*.Law Enforcement
*.Judiciary
Education:
*.Teaching
*.Research
Government:
*.Social Statistics
*.Demography
*.Public Administration
*.Policy Analysis
*.Research
*.Program Development
*.Human Services
*.City Planning
*.Law Enforcement
Social Science Research:
*.Research
*.Data Analysis
*.Demography
*.Market Research
*.Information Sourcing
Business:
*.Human Resources
*.Management
*.Sales
*.Marketing
*.Public Relations
*.Office Administration
Career Opportunities as a Sociologist
There are also job opportunities working as a sociologist, studying human society and social behavior, or studying various social, religious, political, and business organizations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
A sociology degree can lead to employment opportunities in all of the following areas:
Criminal Justice- In corrections, rehabilitation, law enforcement, the justice system, parole system.
Business and Industry- Advertising, Consumer and Market Research, Management of Non-profit organizations, Human Resources, Training and Human Development, Leadership Training.
Research and Planning- Governmental and regional planning departments, research firms, evaluation research, public opinion research.
Agencies-Social Services, Mental Health Services, Adoption, Child Care, Youth Services, Developmental Disability Services.
Government- Social Science Analysis, Census Bureau and other federal agencies, Administration, Policy Analysis, Personnel, Homeland Security.
Education- Public and Private Schools, Colleges and Universities, Administration, Alumni Relations, Placement Offices, Educational Research.
Advocacy- Environmental, Child Welfare, National Policies, Victims Rights, Labor Rights, Community Organization.
Communications- Technical Writing, Newspaper and Magazine Reporting, Public Relations.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by MhizFa8(f): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Babice:
i saw u viewing,how's lecture going?
Lolz... lecture is going on well...hw is urs
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
MhizFa8:
Lolz... lecture is going on well...hw is urs
fine ooo,dis uniben eh,are u in skul hostel?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
tanx misspresident 4 d info above,erm hav u resumed skul?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

Don Davis: Deeper Life High School Releases Statement On Molested Student (Video / A Pure Water Seller Signs On A Fresh Graduate's Shirt (Photo) / Dead Students Write Exams in Oko Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.