Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? (11260 Views)

Get A Brand Identity To Help Promote Your Business / Brand Identity Logo Design / Brand Identity Logo Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by erad(m): 2:22am On Oct 23, 2015
One of the greatest challenges to Start-ups/businesses/products in the 21st century is improper identification and in other cases, no identification at all. It's one thing to run a business, it's another thing for your business to get the required recognition and attention.

So how then do potential clients/consumers get to pay attention to what you have to offer? Did I hear you say advertisement? Yes, advertisement on various forms of media. But how do you advertise a product that doesn't have an identity?

Firstly, whats the definition of Brand (Identity)?

According to wikipedia, "A brand (or marque for car model) is a name, term, design, symbol or other feature that distinguishes one seller's product from those of others".

According to www.investopedia.com, "A company’s brand identity is how that business wants to be perceived by consumers. The components of the brand, (name, logo, tone, tag line, typeface) are created by the business in an attempt to reflect the value the company is trying to bring to the market and to appeal to the customers in the market where the company sells its goods".

In other words, a company's brand identity is like the environment of a building. The colors of the walls, the gardens, the gate, the walkway, the garage and every other thing you'll encounter outside a house before going in. The state of the environment gives you an idea of what to expect inside. It's a classic case of judging a book by it's cover.

Let's have a little illustration... See image below.

You are chilling on your balcony one hot afternoon when you heard an advert running on the radio...
"Drink Aunty's Soda... Natural and refreshing."
"Wow! This drink must be good one, let me go get it". I get to the store and while trying my best to search for and stick to Aunty's soda, I just can't take my eyes off the colors and grandeur of one other soda pack, Uncle's soda.
"I think I'm being hypnotized. I can't stand it anymore".Eventually I give in to this soda of superior beauty.
"So sorry Aunty's soda, you got the substance but Uncle's soda got the charm".
Charm wins, always.

Brand identity is like giving a voice to your products, allowing them speak for themselves. To advertise themselves, to enchant everyone who comes their way. It is about understanding the law of attraction, obeying it and mastering it.

Most people believe branding is not so important, they end up being wrong. You can't be in 10 different places at once, but your brand can.
Is it worth the huge amount some designers charge for it? In my opinion, a strong brand identity is worth every penny paid for it, even if it's in millions(maybe that's why multinationals can afford to pay that much for it).

Soft drink can mockup: http://www.graphicsfuel.com/2015/03/free-soft-drink-can-psd-mockup/

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
OMG I'M FTC since August embarassed

*BONES FACE*(Must Act Manly):Its a great honour to collect this spot. I will dispute OP's point with my soccer cleats. Its one of the Best Cleats, I have ever seen, in training and games since last Year it has served me faithfully on my college matches. I see so many of my teammates rushing to get sexier models...The result? They end up with aesthetically sexy shoes that get the Commentators wet undecided but one solid stamp on it can shatter their feet and Metarsals.

Bottom Line: Branding with a Bad product will only get you short term benefits, overtime, people will bad mouth your product affecting you drastically. Your first Option should be Quality then Advertising then Branding cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by 69MissedCalls(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
yeah. this sugar is forever mehn grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ok

- a good brand is priceless, refer President Muhammadu Buhari and the opposite is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan , a different type of brand embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Pebcak: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by sirTesco(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
FTC na for jobless youth abeg.
So cool here this evening.
Am using this oppurtunity to pray for the happy repose of the souls of our soldiers who gave up their today for our 2moro.
May they R.I.P.

Don't mind me for not commenting what is related to the topic, I be dey rush to be FTC but some jobless youths wont let me be.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
This is good

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Olucheye(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Branding Makes Or Mar a Product!

Every Product Managers Knows The Right Branding Color Sells Faster Than Any Words That Come Next!

Look At The Coca-Cola Bubbles For Example....They Make You Thirst For The Product Itself!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Very correct!
But mostly at the introductory stage.
Most Ladies on NL uses the branding strategy as well. O their profile picture and dp you won't see pimples on their face.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
You sure say the children trolling nairaland can understand this??

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by kennyman2000(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Quite educative. Thanks OP
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by 80million1: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Develop Your Content... It's very important that you constantly and consistently develop yourself and your content because in today's world, that's what matters. People will relate to you based on the things you have to offer. You don't buy a bottle of coke because of the bottle, you buy it because of the drink - the soda - the content. So work on your content. Listen to this short inspiring video by Lamide Adenuga, and kindly share with a friend please...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc24lev3YxE

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by kayo80(m): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nice one. Having a great brand is like making money out of thin air.
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by lekjons(m): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
so, basically, you're telling me Samsung us better than Tecnoundecided

or Tramadol is better than Alombo/Burantashi?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by arabianights: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Its thisactually supposed to be on ftc ? Nairaland sef undecided
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by free2ryhme: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Those that will respond to your post are typing...

By the way where is seun

I saw him a min ago, he must have read this post and ran away grin
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by bigv(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Priceless!
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by kenniecee: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
From my own perspective i will say that good branding/packaging gives the very 1st attraction to a product
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by spaceacademy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
like MTN?
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Branding is everything lol too bad I'm not studying business and advertising. A celebrity ambassador, a catchy jingle, a particular set of colours or patterns that can be easily memorized is one of the first steps to running a good business. Especially one that deals with the consumer directly, like the food or entertainment industry.

For brands: unique, simple, colorful and easy to remember are the key points

Ur welcome grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by FemiFaniKayode: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
free2ryhme:
Those that will respond to your post are typing...

By the way where is seun

I saw him a min ago, he must have read this post and ran away grin

another werey trolling around
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by SmartProf(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Its all about consumers' satisfaction as a result of product quality and standards of service delivery
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by kulobyno: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Very scintillating. Well done op
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
69MissedCalls:
yeah. this sugar is forever mehn grin
wonder how this sugar has been a leader in the market ..... no adverts , promos whatever . Dangote could not even take it out.
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by free2ryhme: 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

another werey trolling around

If your parents had taught you well you won't have ended up a tout

stop smoking that thing that makes you useless
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by FemiFaniKayode: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
free2ryhme:

If your parents had taught you well you won't have ended up a tout

stop smoking that thing that makes you useless

you say
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by coolhamid(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
Quality product before branding ...
Branding a low quality product won't take you far in business.

Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by free2ryhme: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

you say

Receive sense!!!!!
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by free2ryhme: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
If this post was romance sex and naked women it would have entered page 50 by now
Re: What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? by 69MissedCalls(m): 8:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
majekdom2:
wonder how this sugar has been a leader in the market ..... no adverts , promos whatever . Dangote could not even take it out.

Aswear! other products have rebranded so many times but St. Louis just remained the same

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Can Instruct Online..get In Here. / 3D Printing Service Is Now Available In Nigeria / HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.