Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer (1192 Views)

Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App / Download Creating Apps In Kivy by Dusty Philips for FREE / Creating Apps In Kivy By Dusty Phillips. Ebook Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by jo101: 4:37am On Oct 23, 2015
Are you somewhat tired of learning many different programming languages to create different things? Have you decided to make the bold move from web designing to app development? You may think that you have to learn other differnt programming languages to be able to create apps but that is not the case Apache Cordova and PhoneGap help anyone with web language knowledge to develop an app. It is pretty simple the basic language you need to have knowledge of are html,css, and javascript. Yeah that is all. Maybe you may add a little of php for features like contact form and any type of form that needs sending. Basically what the cordova platform offers is a code base or platforms that can make apps that would run on numerous different mobile phone platforms(ios, android, webos, blackberry etc) without having to rewrite the code. The really nice thing about cordova and phonegap is that you can make apps that can access native app features with just html and css. Everyone knows that learning html and css is pretty easy and in no time you could become a phonegap app developer too. Some people may be asking in their minds how is this possible...

More here: http://www.apeelit.com/posts/356/how-to-start-creating-apps-as-a-web-designer

Contact me if you are a blogger and need an app for your blog or if you are a business or church and you need an app email me at pauljumbo8[at]gmail.com
Re: How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by yungcheda(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2015
this is nonsense
Re: How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by cyrielo(m): 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
^^^ what is wrong with the op post
Re: How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by jo101: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
yungcheda:
this is nonsense

I beg your pardon please how is this nonsense?
Re: How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by Michael14: 1:44am On Oct 25, 2015
Creating Web applications is ideal using phone gap, but I can't say the same about creating native applications that can grant access to hardware features... you'll need knowledge on core Java if you're gonna be building NATIVE apps. By the way, nice read man.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer by jo101: 3:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Thanks bro. Yeah but still some phonegap plugins let you access hardware features like camera, device motion and orientation and others
Michael14:
Creating Web applications is ideal using phone gap, but I can't say the same about creating native applications that can grant access to hardware features... you'll need knowledge on core Java if you're gonna be building NATIVE apps. By the way, nice read man.

(1) (Reply)

C: Why Do I Keep Gettng A 'segmentation Fault' Error On C4droid Android App / Programming Challenges / Nairalanders!...is This True About Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.