Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:52 PM

Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's Answers To The Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's Answers To The Questions (1027 Views)

The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister / Hon.chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Is Being Screened Now.live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's Answers To The Questions by oluwafemi113(m): 5:16am On Oct 23, 2015
Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's answers to the questions during his ministerial screening.
Can you, in your own view define what corruption is all about? @ShehuSani to Rotimi Amaechi
‪#‎MinisterialScreening‬ If you recommend your unqualified son or daughter for a post, then you are corrupt @ChibuikeAmaechi
If we begin to punish people for actions taken, we will keep our unity - Amaechi #MinisterialScreening
There must be consequence for actions taken by anybody--Amaechi
#MinisterialScreening
''A Nigerian is his own government because he provides his own power and security - Amaechi #MinisterialScreening
‪#‎Amaechi‬ says the issue of militancy in the Niger Delta is because there are many resources not properly managed #MinisterialScreening
A senator from Jigawa asks Amaechi his experience as a politician who swept away the PDP in the last election #MinisterialScreening
#MinisterialScreening Nigerian politicians believe there is need for compromise but not when it clashes with my principles @ChibuikeAmaechi
Sen. Alasoadura asks Amaechi as former NGF chair if figure 19 is greater than 16 #MinisterialScreening
Senator Ali Ndume asked for Amachi to take a bow and go. That generated uproar in the senate.
#MinisterialScreening: #Amaechi says governance was re-defined under his tenure as Governor of Rivers state. Says he would bring his...experience to bare
"Whether I become minister or not, it will be in my history book that I ones addressed the Senate of FRN" Amaechi
* First Nigerian to Serve as two time speaker in an era when speakers where impeached at random.
* There is no where ( I believe the Justice Omereji's panel report) indicted me.
* I believe that the nation should address social security , we should draw a line for poverty with a defined measuring Stick for each state.
* If I became the minister of Niger Delta, the east west road will be the first to be completed.
* Investments in agriculture is key, mining, education, ( because some of these people are not employable), work on the social rights of the people, if we do these, job creation can be managed.
* As good as the former president may have been, I don't think he has what it takes to fix the this country.
.........And as he made his way out of the chambers,
A large number of National Assembly staff and well wishers were yelling;we don win, we don win!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's Answers To The Questions by Amdayburh(m): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Key Points From Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's Answers To The Questions by oluwafemi113(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2015

The only way forward

- Amaechi.

We sold to the public the fact that there was massive corruption in the system. And there was the need to fight that corruption. And the only way to fight that corruption was to put a new government in place. And we had to get a signpost candidate. The signpost candidate is a man who the Nigerian public has seen as an incorruptible President. And that was why the party had to put President Buhari forward. And we thought that there was a need to do things differently. I thought that as good as the former President may have been, I don’t think he was suitable enough for the growth and development of Nigeria. So, we needed to offer opportunity to somebody we believed was better than the former President.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tribunal Nullifies ASALGA Constituency 2 State Assembly Election / Bishop Oyedepo Engages Church Contractors To Fix All Roads Leading To Cannanland / Photos: Jonathan Mentors Future Leaders At Howard Universityhe's Becoming A Glob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.