Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara (64200 Views)

Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) / 1st Class UNIUYO Graduate Who Died In NYSC Camp In Zamfara Buried Amidst Tears(p / Processional March For The Female Corper That Died At NYSC Camp In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by ndsissy: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Nawaoo! what is the State Government of Kwara doing over this poor camp condition? U will suffer to get admission, suffer after getting admission in school, suffer in NYSC.Then, after serving ur father land for one full year..........
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by holuphisayor(m): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2015
funny how some people think its the duty of state government to build orientation camps....nysc is a federal government thing.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Mattex001(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2015
This picture was taken in 2012....

It has been confirmed that there have been some recent developments in the camp!!!

Don't cause panic to coppers posted to Kwara state pls

I am posted to Kwara state though but I don't see any big deal in this photo, we've survived more severe conditions than this one sef! undecided
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by temi4fash(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2015
Mattex001:
It has been confirmed that there have been some recent developments in the camp!!!
I am posted to Kwara state though but I don't see any big deal in this photo, we've survived more severe conditions than this one sef! undecided

These is a big lie jawe... I was there when these pictures was taken.. These place has upgraded more than these.

The D.G came around self.... and since then things has gotten better. ?

Abeg op comot jior
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2015
ignis:
Gosh.... Are those corpers really graduates? Can't they protest?
are u a lagosian?
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by all4gud(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2015
So this camp is still like this after more than 15 years. God have mercy on Nigerian youths.
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
what's shocking about dis photos.... mod if u don't hv any tin to say...beta keep shot...
don't mind the kid. Even so many of them commenting are still JAMBites. They think been in NYSC camp is like been in a private boarding school.

In the first place, its meant to be in the jungle with tents coupled with moral lectures and vigorous trainings and drills; isolated from the city. Its just that we've lost track of the purpose of NYSC training.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by serah109: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
what's shocking about dis photos.... mod if u don't hv any tin to say...beta keep shot...

I will never allow my enemy to serve in kwaraa.. #yikpataCamp. Chukwu aju ihe ojoooo

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2015
Mattex001:

don't mind the bloody OP! FCT camp is worse than that, we were jampacked in one hall(lion's den) cos accomodation finished. Some slept outside, bathed outside. Days later, guys lodged in guest houses cclose to the camp.

Northern camps are better than any other place, but for the service after camp u can relocate. Things are cheaper(fruits,meats and some local items) and the air is fresher,in other words- lower risks of infections from damp environment.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by mike4zeal(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2015
Chaiiiiiiiii, thank God i was not posted to Kwara though i choose the state as my second choice. Mo dupe ooooooooo Baba wetin i for do
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2015
kayusbrown:

That was my set. The experience then wasn't pleasant. Extremely hot weather and scarcity of water. We had to depend on water fetched by villagers from streams. Poor sanitary facilities; you have to do 'shot put'. In fact my first week was like hell but I later readjusted to cope with the conditions.

The death of that corps member was a disaster. He was attacked by the snake same day he arrived camp. I believe they've been fumigating the environment regularly since that incidence. Like you said, prospective corps members should ensure they go around with their jungle boots on at nights and when they want to enter the bush for 'shot put'. Yikpata snakes are deadly.

Aside the scarcity of water and limited toilet facilities, the accommodation is not really that bad for those that arrived early to camp. To avoid being packed in an open hall, arrive to camp on time possibly on the opening day, do all ur registrations on time, then be sure of getting a good and neat accommodation.... Nigeria is Ours; Nigeria we serve grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bonapart:
North must be North

We must go: B
Some of you people are indescribably dumb. This is nothing compared to what I saw in Isele-Ukwu, Delta State.

See lips like labia majora.
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Cybertext(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hahahaha that was yikpata camp batch C 2014 (stream 1) .... we (male and female) slept in this hall for more than 2weeks without a bunk, some corp members even slept outside for days.... The hall was so stuffy that you will easily call it an IDP camp. It took the intervention of the DG who came and threatened to close the camp in 48 hours if bunks are not provided and welfare improved.Miraculously before the deadline of 48hours bunks were brought in trailers, mobile toilet were brought and bore hole were newly drilled.
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nicepoker(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
repogirl:
Na wa ... And the former governor is now the senate president....chai! No justice for the real thieves in this bloody country!
what is the federal govt doing. U think nysc na state palava?
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by gozzy247(m): 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Samirana360:
ok....almost d same with ondo camp @ ikare akoko.....Southwest
.... Its lie ooo ...Ikare akoko camp get bunks and e try pass hia 10tyms
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by bidexmat(m): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Pay your dues for 3weeks and afterwards propceed to your..... National Year of Sex and Comfort
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is far better than Tsafe camp (Zamfara state 2011) hot container ... That's where we camped
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by dennisworld1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
this is the real camp. Serve there. 2013b Yikpata the evil forest. Snakes everywere
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by finesthaykay(m): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
I pray dis is nt wat I will b facin in ekiti next week
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by solonazzy: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
Choi smh....see as e dey like refugee camp/IDP
Nw in beta state..... Dg was Dr last November n it's situation was forced to improve..... Dr r hostels Dr, if u come late, u get places like Dis left
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by bensowe(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
I wonder what u will shout when sees Wamakko camp, Sokoto
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Missmossy(f): 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
Oluwa oooo shocked

What's this?? It looks so much like a refuse dump. God help me not to go to a state that has such unhealthy facilities.
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by excess4luv: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
i suspect these people arrived late to camp and may have been offered mattress and shown a hall just to pass the night before officially registering them.

my thought though...

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Bonapart(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
omenka:
Some of you people are indescribably dumb. This is nothing compared to what I saw in Isele-Ukwu, Delta State.

See lips like labia majora.
lol @see lips like labia

Are you now justifying it
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
EdCure:
Saraki legacy of loot and rot.
ur comment takes us to whose responsibility is the accommodation of corps member.
The state or FG?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by omenka(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bonapart:
lol @see lips like labia

Are you now justifying it
Not justifying it at all. Just so irritated when people try to turn every single thing into a North vs South or Muslim vs Christian. Haba, such camps abound all across the country and not limited to any particular part.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by funstufz: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1iyaTcQwUa4/VilHc5em3NI/AAAAAAAHDUg/3QNQBmymvZY/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Photos show Corps members in Yikpata camp in Kwara state. The living condition is horrible. NYSC can do better biko.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-6UFcXVWvfpA/VilHdT7aSPI/AAAAAAAHDUk/MJV2gJHaO20/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/10/shocking-photos-from-nysc-camp-in-kwara.html

cc: lalasticlala

If not for the NYSC 'Crested vest and the Cap' one could easily conclude that this is another 'Refugee Camp'

Haba...
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Exponental(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
EdCure:
Saraki legacy of loot and rot.
when did NYSC hand over its camps to state politicians?
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by Exponental(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
I served there. There were halls with bunks but the design wasn't meant to accommodate many. Improvising was done thereby using the halls without bunks, I got there late and I stay in the store. I appreciated it more cos of the ventilation enjoyed.
Re: Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara by adeoba2008(m): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
THe state government should be blamed abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / Ijare-Irese Corpers Weekly CDS On Dangers Of Unprotected Sex (Photos) / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.