Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. (6121 Views)

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2015
Well, I think I need answers why Yahweh forsook jesus and allow him to suffer in the hands of his enemies to the extent that he (Jesus) had to cry out in Mathew 27:46

NIV
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?).

which brings out the following questions

1- If God was Jesus who came in Human flesh to the world, was God crying to himself asking him why he himself forsook himself? And why would God come and suffer himself in Human form before he could just forgive since he's the mightiest.

Christians say Jesus is God who came down in a Humanly form, I.e he paired himself and had to come and suffer himself on earth just to forgive sins of men. Does it even sound Godly? That God had to come down in human form and get a merciless beating from those he created? SMH

2- if Jesus is then not God and he's son of God, shall we say God intentionally left his son for suffer since the way Jesus cried there was that of disappointment and sorrow which depicts that he had expected God to save him rather than forsake him by asking him; "why have you forsaken me"

Is it really necesary for God to make his son suffer and die in the hands of his enemy just because he want to forgive.

was the death of Jesus planned or Jesus was unfortunate because if it was planned and he knew he shall die for the sins of men he won't have to ask why God has forsaken him. which means he expects that he'd be saved but he wasn't by God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by ad84ada(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2015
At that moment our sins were all on him. God detest sin. Bro look for Jesus and thank Him for the rest of your life. I will do same too
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2015
In the opening lines of the Gospel book written by John the apostle, we read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2015
ad84ada:
At that moment our sins were all on him. God detest sin. Bro look for Jesus and thank Him for the rest of your life. I will do same too
Cheers

Don't tell me you meant that angry
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by elderhimself(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2015
God did not forsake Jesus, everything was just playing according to plan. Jesus was 100% human at that time which means he felt all that pain. Every human is afraid of pain and so was jesus. If God the father had intervened, then his mission wldnt hav been completed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by hahn(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2015
That awkward moment when Jesus realised god's incompetence undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
ad84ada:
Cheers

does this answer my questions? undecided
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:
In the opening lines of the Gospel book written by John the apostle, we read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Your point exactly??
coz you're just telling me stories here.
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by malvisguy212: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Well, I think I need answers why Yahweh forsook jesus and allow him to suffer in the hands of his enemies to the extent that he (Jesus) had to cry out in Mathew 27:46

NIV
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?).

which brings out the following questions

1- If God was Jesus who came in Human flesh to the world, was God crying to himself asking him why he himself forsook himself? And why would God come and suffer himself in Human form before he could just forgive since he's the mightiest.

Christians say Jesus is God who came down in a Humanly form, I.e he paired himself and had to come and suffer himself on earth just to forgive sins of men. Does it even sound Godly? That God had to come down in human form and get a merciless beating from those he created? SMH

2- if Jesus is then not God and he's son of God, shall we say God intentionally left his son for suffer since the way Jesus cried there was that of disappointment and sorrow which depicts that he had expected God to save him rather than forsake him by asking him; "why have you forsaken me"

Is it really necesary for God to make his son suffer and die in the hands of his enemy just because he want to forgive.

was the death of Jesus planned or Jesus was unfortunate because if it was planned and he knew he shall die for the sins of men he won't have to ask why God has forsaken him. which means he expects that he'd be saved but he wasn't by God.
When the Old Testament prophet Isaiah predicted the suffering of Messiah he said, “But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief” (53:10). Why? Why would God the Father be pleased to kill His only begotten Son? The verse goes on to answer that question, “If He would
render Himself as a guilt offering.” God
was pleased with the obedience of Jesus
and the price He willingly paid for the
guilt of our sin.

Isn't it wonderful that God first love us that why He send His son to pay the guilt of our sin? Unlike Allah who hate unbelievers. Can you provide a single verse in the quran were it say allah love both sinners and believers?
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
elderhimself:
God did not forsake Jesus, everything was just playing according to plan. Jesus was 100% human at that time which means he felt all that pain. Every human is afraid of pain and so was jesus. If God the father had intervened, then his mission wldnt hav been completed.

so Jesus is Human and not God? grin Good! He's human and as miraculous and as powerful as he is he's scared of pain. what's this one even saying? He was already hammered on the cross when he made that statement which means he had already felt the pain as depicted in the bible. This has nothing to do with fear or that he's afraid.

well I have gotten a point from you that Jesus is Human and not God! why do your brothers then call him God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by malvisguy212: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
ifeness:

Don't tell me you meant that angry
hahn:
That awkward moment when Jesus realised god's incompetence undecided
atheists,muslims and satanic have ONE meeting point. Hardly you see this atheists criticized islam because they are being control by the same spirit. I create a thread title "did muhammed curse muslims" all atheists run away from the thread, are you guys afraid of the muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Your point exactly??
coz you're just telling me stories here.

to you as a muslim, it is a story, but to those who are in Christ, it make sense to them

one think a notice with muslims is that, they can argue to death for the sake of muhammedu.
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by malvisguy212: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

so Jesus is Human and not God? grin Good! He's human and as miraculous and as powerful as he is he's scared of pain. what's this one even saying? He was already hammered on the cross when he made that statement which means he had already felt the pain as depicted in the bible. This has nothing to do with fear or that he's afraid.

well I have gotten a point from you that Jesus is Human and not God! why do your brothers then call him God?
yes, Jesus is FULLY human and FULLY God.
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
When the Old Testament prophet Isaiah predicted the suffering of Messiah he said, “But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief” (53:10). Why? Why would God the Father be pleased to kill His only begotten Son? The verse goes on to answer that question, “If He would
render Himself as a guilt offering.” God
was pleased with the obedience of Jesus
and the price He willingly paid for the
guilt of our sin.

Isn't it wonderful that God first love us that why He send His son to pay the guilt of our sin? Unlike Allah who hate unbelievers. Can you provide a single verse in the quran were it say allah love both sinners and believers?

in anyway here have you justify why God still has to suffer his son just to simply forgive. he should be self sufficient enough to look away from the sins. which means God has to take something like a sacrifice before he can forgive and Jesus was the sacrifice yeah? grin

But is Jesus not God shey? cheesy

back to your delusional last statement

Allah the Gracious, the Merciful.

Quran 40:1-3
1. Ha-Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) is from Allah the All-Mighty, the All-Knower.
3. The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower (of favours), La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), to Him is the final return.

Allah will forgive disbelievers if the repent and desist from evil. Allah's legacy and evil people or disbelievers or wrongdoers are not the same. evil and good aint the same. Good definitely will not like evil.

Not a convincing argument. You know. Allah (swt) extends his love to everyone, and only those who cast aside Gods love are those who God does not love. So rather, God loves everyone, except those who decide to dismiss or reject his love. Satan would be the perfect example. God extended his love for satan when he was in heaven with the angels, but when Satan challenged and disobeyed God did God not love Satan. Another quick point I had to make is that even the bible shows that God did not love everyone. Romans 9:13, Psalms 5, etc... are good examples showing God hating not only the sin but the sinners. So here is a question for you, Did Yahweh Love EVERYONE?

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Psalm 5

1 Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament.

2 Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

6 you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest.

7 But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongues they tell lies.

10 Declare them guilty, O God! let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.

Work on that. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
yes, Jesus is FULLY human and FULLY God.

grin This is Insane Lwkmd..
Your Jesus who's God had to receive several kobokos from those he created. God was beaten Blue black and even nailed on the cross?? cheesy what a God you worship.

you keep showing your blindness gratefully without you even knowing it.

How can Jesus be God, and son of Himself (God) and also a Human being. hmmmmm. Lwkmd.

rilwayne001 demmzy15 come see ur pal grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
atheists,muslims and satanic have ONE meeting point. Hardly you see this atheists criticized islam because they are being control by the same spirit. I create a thread title "did muhammed curse muslims" all atheists run away from the thread, are you guys afraid of the muslims?

grin sorry.
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by hahn(m): 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
malvisguy212:

What's the link to the thread?

Just so you know, whatever I have against Christianity applies to all religions and "beliefs" that are against the use of common sense. The only reason why it would seem like we are all up in Christians business is because Islam and Christianity are the major religions in Nigeria and the Islamic section is locked by a code.

In all fairness, Christians are more modern than Muslims. After all, only Christians can bind the devil with an ipad grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:

to you as a muslim, it is a story, but to those who are in Christ, it make sense to them

one think a notice with muslims is that, they can argue to death for the sake of muhammedu.

Logic and Reason. A simple gift of life.

Make use of them and see beyond Delusions.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Logic and Reason. A simple gift of life.

Make use of them and see beyond Delusions.

you may not like what you here for now, but thank God you have heard.
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by malvisguy212: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

grin This is Insane Lwkmd..
Your Jesus who's God had to receive several kobokos from those he created. God was beaten Blue black and even nailed on the cross?? cheesy what a God you worship.

you keep showing your blindness gratefully without you even knowing it.

How can Jesus be God, and son of Himself (God) and also a Human being. hmmmmm. Lwkmd.

rilwayne001 demmzy15 come see ur pal grin
you will NEVER understand this teaching , even muhammed did not have a teachable spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
you will NEVER understand this teaching , even muhammed did not have a teachable spirit.

Why do God have to come down as man and take beating thereby making himself a sacrifice to himself before he can just forgive. Can't he forgive without someone suffering for it which kind God be that. and even asking Himself that why has he himself forsaken Himself.

Stop fibbing grin man.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:

you may not like what you here for now, but thank God you have heard.

undecided undecided you can't even provide a platform for solution to the above matter. pls take a rest. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

undecided undecided you can't even provide a platform for solution to the above matter. pls take a rest. Thanks.

read my first post with better understanding without muhamadia mind of thinking
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:

read my first post with better understanding without muhamadia mind of thinking

if that's your solution still.... take a rest. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

in anyway here have you justify why God still has to suffer his son just to simply forgive. he should be self sufficient enough to look away from the sins. which means God has to take something like a sacrifice before he can forgive and Jesus was the sacrifice yeah? grin

But is Jesus not God shey? cheesy

back to your delusional last statement

Allah the Gracious, the Merciful.

Quran 40:1-3
1. Ha-Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) is from Allah the All-Mighty, the All-Knower.
3. The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower (of favours), La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), to Him is the final return.

Allah will forgive disbelievers if the repent and desist from evil. Allah's legacy and evil people or disbelievers or wrongdoers are not the same. evil and good aint the same. Good definitely will not like evil.

Not a convincing argument. You know. Allah (swt) extends his love to everyone, and only those who cast aside Gods love are those who God does not love. So rather, God loves everyone, except those who decide to dismiss or reject his love. Satan would be the perfect example. God extended his love for satan when he was in heaven with the angels, but when Satan challenged and disobeyed God did God not love Satan. Another quick point I had to make is that even the bible shows that God did not love everyone. Romans 9:13, Psalms 5, etc... are good examples showing God hating not only the sin but the sinners. So here is a question for you, Did Yahweh Love EVERYONE?

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Psalm 5

1 Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament.

2 Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

6 you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest.

7 But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongues they tell lies.

10 Declare them guilty, O God! let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.

Work on that. Thanks.

2:65 Allah transforms disobedient Jews into apes

“And well you know there were those among you [Jews] that transgressed the Sabbath, and We said to them, ‘Be you apes, miserably slinking!’

2:89 Unbelievers, particularly Jews, are accursed

“When there came to them [Jews] a Book from Allah, confirming what was with them — and they aforetimes prayed for victory over the unbelievers — when there came to them that they recognized, they disbelieved in it; and the curse of Allah is on the unbelievers.

2:191-193 Fight and kill unbelievers until “religion is Allah’s,” i.e. Islamic law rules all societies

“And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them — such is the recompense of unbelievers, but if they give over, surely Allah is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is Allah’s; then if they give over, there shall be no enmity save for evildoers.”

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

“Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends, rather than the believers — for whoso does that belongs not to Allah in anything — unless you have a fear of them. Allah warns you that You beware of Him, and unto Allah is the homecoming.”

3:110-112 Muslims are the best of people, Jews have earned Allah’s anger
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
3:151 Allah will cast terror into the unbelievers’ hearts

“We will cast into the hearts of the unbelievers terror, for that they have associated with Allah that for which He sent down never authority; their lodging shall be the Fire; evil is the lodging of the evildoers.”

3:181 Jews are bound for hell

“Allah has heard the saying of those who said, ‘Surely Allah is poor, and we are rich.’ We shall write down what they have said, and their slaying the Prophets without right, and We shall say, ‘Taste the chastisement of the burning.’”

4:34 Beat disobedient women
4:160 Jews do evil, turn people away from Allah

“And for the evildoing of those of Jewry, We have forbidden them certain good things that were permitted to them, and for their barring from Allah’s way many…”

5:33 Crucify or amputate the hands and feet of those who make war against Allah and Muhammad
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
“Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful one to another.”

62:6 Jews should long for death

“Say: ‘You of Jewry, if you assert that you are the friends of Allah, apart from other men, then do you long for death, if you speak truly.’”
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Who is mohammed, as you call him a prophet, please what prophecy qualified him as a prophet.

who is allah?
Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:

2:65 Allah transforms disobedient Jews into apes

“And well you know there were those among you [Jews] that transgressed the Sabbath, and We said to them, ‘Be you apes, miserably slinking!’

2:89 Unbelievers, particularly Jews, are accursed

“When there came to them [Jews] a Book from Allah, confirming what was with them — and they aforetimes prayed for victory over the unbelievers — when there came to them that they recognized, they disbelieved in it; and the curse of Allah is on the unbelievers.

2:191-193 Fight and kill unbelievers until “religion is Allah’s,” i.e. Islamic law rules all societies

“And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them — such is the recompense of unbelievers, but if they give over, surely Allah is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is Allah’s; then if they give over, there shall be no enmity save for evildoers.”

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

“Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends, rather than the believers — for whoso does that belongs not to Allah in anything — unless you have a fear of them. Allah warns you that You beware of Him, and unto Allah is the homecoming.”

3:110-112 Muslims are the best of people, Jews have earned Allah’s anger

blind goat. grin read my reply to your brother in crime malvisguy and don't derail the thread from the topic of discuss. His claim was that God loves everyone and I refuted it. Your swift derailation makes no sense Here.

I have not the time now to Start with this love part. Let's finish the one at hand and we can see to that later.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
iliyande:
Who is mohammed, as you call him a prophet, please what prophecy qualified him as a prophet.

who is allah?

Allah is God, and Muhammed is his messenger.

now can u provide a solution to the matter at hand or u still want to digress from it?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. by iliyande(m): 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
cheesy
mubarakopeyemi:

blind goat. grin read my reply to your brother in crime malvisguy and don't detail the thread from the topic of discuss. His claim was that God loves everyone and I refuted it. Your swift derailation makes no sense Here.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I knew you will result to insult as muhammed teaches. but I am happy being a Christian without investigating muhammed way of life for argument sake. I do it for my self.

as your mind is already destined for argument you will not change except by His grace. take care brother.

remember mohammed is never a prophet. he is just like hitler and co

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Last Did You Go Out For Evangelism? / The Ancient Israelites Were BANTUS - Video & Textual Evidence / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.