Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? (9992 Views)

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
I have been asking myself why the blind hatred for President Buhari by a majority of Igbos.

Let us analyse Buhari’s heart towards the Igbos starting from 2003 when he first contested to become a civilian president. Buhari’s first choice was an Igbo man in the person of the late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo. Buhari lost that election to the then incumbent president Olusegun Obasanjo.

Buhari had another chance to contest for the presidency and still reached out to the Igbos by selecting another of our son in the person of late Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke. He lost again to the late president Yar ‘Ardua.

Let me add here that despite the fact that Buhari saw the Igbos as his first choice, we never gave him the block votes he deserved on these two occasions when he selected our sons.

He later on selected Pastor Tunde Bakare a Yoruba and lost yet again in 2011. He waited until 2015 when he selected Prof Yemi Osibanjo and won the elections this time because no matter how hard we tried to defend Jonathan, his performance was abysmal and a second tenure under the weak Jonathan would have seen Nigeria completely go to the dogs because he was never in control of power.

My question to my Igbo brothers is why this blind and unnecessary hatred for Buhari? What wrong has Buhari done to us if I may ask? This man wanted to be president and saw it fit to come to us first time, second time and we still hate him so much? Where will this crass hatred take us to if not to destruction?

Buhari/Late Chuba Okadigbo (Igbo man selected)

Buhari/Late Chief Ume-Ezeoke (Another Igbo man selected by Buhari)

Buhari/Pastor Tunde Bakare (Yoruba selected)

Buhari/Prof Yemi Osinbajo (Another Yoruba)

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Unsad(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
Prolly the same way northerners hated gej for nothing

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by ghostmist: 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have been asking myself why the blind hatred for President Buhari by a majority of Igbos.

Let us analyse Buhari’s heart towards the Igbos starting from 2003 when he first contested to become a civilian president. Buhari’s first choice was an Igbo man in the person of the late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo. Buhari lost that election to the then incumbent president Olusegun Obasanjo.

Buhari had another chance to contest for the presidency and still reached out to the Igbos by selecting another of our son in the person of late Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke. He lost again to the late president Yar ‘Ardua.

Let me add here that despite the fact that Buhari saw the Igbos as his first choice, we never gave him the block votes he deserved on these two occasions when he selected our sons.

He later on selected Pastor Tunde Bakare a Yoruba and lost yet again in 2011. He waited until 2015 when he selected Prof Yemi Osibanjo and won the elections this time because no matter how hard we tried to defend Jonathan, his performance was abysmal and a second tenure under the weak Jonathan would have seen Nigeria completely go to the dogs because he was never in control of power.

My question to my Igbo brothers is why this blind and unnecessary hatred for Buhari? What wrong has Buhari done to us if I may ask? This man wanted to be president and saw it fit to come to us first time, second time and we still hate him so much? Where will this crass hatred take us to if not to destruction?

So, what's your point?what exactly are you driving at?
its high time my eastern brothers started deserting these stuupid threads.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by glassjar1: 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

oh that's why you back again ? to deal with us BIAFRANS ? cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by bloodkiller: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
the sycophants is back looking for favor in Gbawe's hand.

Hahahahahaha grin

Chai there's nothing man no go see for nairaland sef

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by KOLZY(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Check histories .
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by OkutaNla: 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Guy, welcome back. But dis one na Jamb question you ask so o. cheesy Coz truth be told, some people don't need a reason to hate -- they just do. I remember someone once said "I don't know why but I just hate that guy with a passion!", and I was like WTF?? How you gonna hate someone without justification?

In a nutshell, Hate can sometimes be an irrational emotion, for some people that is, I guess. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nigeria as a country need restructuring, even the British, US knew that Nigeria will break up one day. UK has 4 countries in it, eg Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Island, then ask yourself why they cannot be one country like Nigeria, USA has all it states operating as a semi independent country, immigration law in Texas is not the same with California, China has Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and Macau as part of China which are all semi independent, without confederation in Nigeria there will be no peace, Nigeria need to go back to Aburi peace accord, Nigeria will never be a progressive country because Nigeria is made up of irreconcilable entities that cannot align, Nigeria is supposed to be made up of 5 countries eg Arewa, Biafra, Midland, Oduduwa and Niger Delta Republic, under confederation just like UK, China, Netherlands etc, Nigeria need this structure for peace to reign.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by LordMecuzy(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
I'm igbo and I don't hate Buhari, But I hate all our corrupt leaders/Politicians...

When they want to steal our wealth they all come together peacefully and share our National cake among themselves with no tribal sentiments..

But throw tribalism down to the gullible Nigerians to feed on. If only all tribes can come together and push away our common enemy which is corruption..(PDP,APC,APGA,Labour Party) are just names of political parties..

off to my work jare

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Ezemust: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
Jesus. even if buhari would make me VP, I will still not vote him.let me tell u op,we don't hate northerners but we extremely hate buhari because he's a religious and tribal bigot.that he use igbo before dose not change who he Is

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by gab264(m): 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
Eurobomber yes we hated him because we are bound to do so.
Initially I taugth he has come for better, but am disappointed with him so far.
We igbos don't reason the way he do, he is a dullard who doesn't find any other opinion Worthy of considering.
Buhari is failing, he has failed.
We need freedom, God is punishing zoogerian because of numerous blood she has shed.
Eurobomber your not Igbo, stop claiming to be one.
From ur perspectives so far, u are reasoning like the yorubbers.
May be ur an impersonator,hiding under the name eurobomber.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by basilo101: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
I dont blame u, they have stopped history classes in our schools. 2011 is barely 4years, our able bodied NYSC members died because an old illiterate lost an election. I dont evn want to go into his coup agains a democratically elected government cos i wasn't born then, but the 2011 event made me believe everything i read about him

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by MrMbaM: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
bloodkiller:
the sycophants is back looking for favor in Gbawe's hand.

Hahahahahaha grin

Chai there's nothing man no go see for nairaland sef

Hmmmmm. You are wrong sad sad
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

His selection of VP had nothing to do with love for Ndigbo but purely based on political calculation.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by bloodkiller: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Rayhut:
Nigeria as a country need restructuring, even the British, US knew that Nigeria will break up one day. UK has 4 countries in it, eg Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Island, then ask yourself why they cannot be one country like Nigeria, USA has all it states operating as a semi independent country, immigration law in Texas is not the same with California, China has Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and Macau as part of China which are all semi independent, without confederation in Nigeria there will be no peace, Nigeria need to go back to Aburi peace accord, Nigeria will never be a progressive country because Nigeria is made up of irreconcilable entities that cannot align, Nigeria is supposed to be made up of 5 countries eg Arewa, Biafra, Midland, Oduduwa and Niger Delta Republic, under confederation just like UK, China, Netherlands etc, Nigeria need this structure for peace to reign.

tell that to the useless sycophant eurobomber that is back seeking favor from apc and taught that the best way to archive it is by sycophancy well it may work for him but be rest assured that it won't last because just like an adage says "my own remains my own while our own remains our own"

i swear I will be the last person to thread the part of betrayal and sycophancy smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by themaskedman: 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Is that what you returned to nairaland to do?
Why must I love Buhari?
Is it written anywhere that Igbo must love Buhari?

27 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
bloodkiller:

tell that to the useless sycophant eurobomber that is back seeking favor from apc and taught that the best way to archive it is by sycophancy well it may work for him but be rest assured that it won't last because just like an adage says "my own remains my own while our own remains our own"

i swear I will be the last person to thread the part of betrayal and sycophancy smiley

Look, I did not return to naiaraland to discuss politics, I am here because of my Igbo brothers/sisters and the love I have for Nigeria my country.

I have no business with APC.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

His selection of VP had nothing to do with love for Ndigbo but purely based on political calculation.

So my question is why this hatred for Buhari?

Where is it coming from??

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
ghostmist:
So, what's your point?what exactly are you driving at?
its high time my eastern brothers started deserting these stuupid threads.

When you don't have superior arguments you resort to name calling. Now the thread is stupid because the truth has been said.

Drop this hatred brother, it will take you nowhere.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
ELTON123:
I HATE HIM BECAUSE HIS A ABOKI

Clap for yourself, this shows how mature you are.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The hatred is simple now, Buhari is a religious and ethnic bigot. somebody that said that if he loose election that dog and baboon will be soaked in blood, many NYSC got killed in the north because of his utterances in 2011, he a sharia supporter and boko haram supporter before, A man that said that an attack on Boko haram is an attack to the North, I they kill Fulani herdsmen that terrorising every he will start asking why are you killing my people but his people is killing others, can't you see that they have a genuine reason for hating him, in an a good country, Buhari suppose to be in prison. All the people hailing Buhari and refuse to say the truth the blood those people that lost their life in the North in 2011 will continue to hunt them, no peace for the wicked, they will never know peace

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by bloodkiller: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Look, I did not return to naiaraland to discuss politics, I am here because of my Igbo brothers/sisters and the love I have for Nigeria my country.

I have no business with APC.

suit your self i don't care if you're sycophants or not after all everything here ends here the funny part is that nairaland doesn't even represent 1% of igbos out there.

if care to know this thing has grown more than i expected it and I can bet my last card that 90% igbos are in full support of it so there's nothing you nor I can do about it definitely not nairaland rants even twitter pulls more weight than here so it's too late.

listen to me am not supporting Biafra because of nnamdi Kanu but because of the following

A. how can i stay in the same country with people that regards you as nothing call you inconsequential, 5%,etc and treating you like immigrants in the same "one Nigeria"

B. how can i stay in the same country with people that hates you soo much and won't think twice to Lynch and slaughter you at any given opportunity because to them you're just a worthless being.

C. How can I stay in the same country with the people that thinks that they are born to be your ruler and you have no business in talking anything about the same country you are into unity on common wealth but divided in real time.
people that sees you as unqualified for any government position even when it's obvious you're more qualified, experienced and more educated than them all in the name of tribalism in the same "one Nigeria
"

listen eurobomber if all these are true yet you see nothing in the actualization of freedom then you're noting but a sycophant looking for a crumb.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
themaskedman:
Is that what you returned to nairaland to do?
Why must I love Buhari?
Is it written anywhere that Igbo must love Buhari?

Reverse the question and ask yourself, "Why must I hate Buhari?"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
Rayhut:

The hatred is simple now, Buhari is a religious and ethnic bigot. somebody that said that if he loose election that dog and baboon will be soaked in blood, many NYSC got killed in the north because of his utterances in 2011, he a sharia supporter and boko haram supporter before, A man that said that an attack on Boko haram is an attack to the North, I they kill Fulani herdsmen that terrorising every he will start asking why are you killing my people but his people is killing others, can't you see that they have a genuine reason for hating him, in an a good country, Buhari suppose to be in prison. All the people hailing Buhari and refuse to say the truth the blood those people that lost their life in the North in 2011 will continue to hunt them, no peace for the wicked, they will never know peace

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
basilo101:
I dont blame u, they have stopped history classes in our schools. 2011 is barely 4years, our able bodied NYSC members died because an old illiterate lost an election. I dont evn want to go into his coup agains a democratically elected government cos i wasn't born then, but the 2011 event made me believe everything i read about him

I condemn the killing of innocent corp members but not only Igbo corp members were killed, the Yorubas took a fair share of the casualties so why are we carrying the hatred on our head?

Why do we weep for Jonathan even more than his people?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Igbos do not hate Buhari, Buhari hates Igbos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by likila: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
it is their right to hate him or love him,
for something or nothing.
just like it is your right to hate or love others for something or nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
Buhari kill civilians Igbo during the war in 1967- 1970, he killed both women and children in igbo land during the Biafra war so no forgiveness for him. He is just reaping the seed he sow. the blood of the innocent Biafra children is crying against him and we must averge their blood.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by kokoA(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
Because he doesn't share money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by ArodeTsolaye: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
[s]I have been asking myself why the blind hatred for President Buhari by a majority of Igbos.

[/s]

So awolowo loved Igbo that was why he choose an Igbo VP against shagari? Use your brain for once, just once oh.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? by ArodeTsolaye: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Just imagine that daftus!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) / Former Speaker, Agbakoba, Balewa, Awolowo Lead Pt's Olawepo Hashim's Campaign / Wike Allegedly Insults Tinubu After DSS Failed To Clear Him As Minister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.