Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. (6715 Views)

Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos) / Parents Of This Adorable Baby Girl Celebrates Her First Birthday In Style / This Little Baby Girl Stands With Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congratulations on your new baby girl! What to call her? 2015 update. Here is a list of the top 50 girls names, as voted by you. The most popular female names right now.

Click for a random name, or see a list of ALL babies names.
Top 50 Girl's Names

1  Chloe . 18  Mia 35  Alyssa
2  Emily . 19  Elizabeth 36  Jade
3  Aaliyah 20 Rebecca 37  Lucy
4  Emma. 21 Abigail 38  Abby
5  Jennifer 22 Samantha 39  Kellie
6  Olivia . 23 Lauren 40  Natalie
7  Jessica. 24 Ashley 41  Amanda
8  Hannah 25  Anna 42  Bella
9  Sarah 26  Zoe 43  Rachel
10  Lily. 27 . Nicole 44  Taylor
11  Savannah 28  Megan 45  Alexis
12  Isabella 29  Madison 46  Paige
13  Ava . 30 Jasmine 47  Lilly
14  Sophia 31 Katie 48  Alice
15  Ella . 32 Sophie 49  Ellie
16  Grace 33  Amy 50  Vanessa
17  Charlotte 34  Amber  
Choosing the right name for your new baby girl is critical. It will affect her throughout her life - choose wisely, and good luck. Read more and check the meaning of the names here http://www.randomnames.com/top-girls-names.asp
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Those are not African names.

If people had any sense, they should be worthless on this forum.

6 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:
Those are not African names.

If people had any sense, they should be worthless on this forum.
Yea they aren't African names and I'm so aware of that... you feel free to add your native name to that, but you just made me lol! If people had sense? Really?
Those who use English names ain't got sense? You must really be bitter!! Well your moniker doesn't sound so native so I guess you are one of those 'people' wink

2 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by tpiah11: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
Where are you from?
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by lovaleenny(f): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
Why don't you create a thread on lovely african names for girls...
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
I am looking for lovely Aboriginal names. Can someone help me out please? I am Asian.
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Yea they aren't African names and I'm so aware of that... you feel free to add your native name to that, but you just made me lol! If people had sense? Really?
Those who use English names ain't got sense? You must really be bitter!! Well your moniker doesn't sound so native so I guess you are one of those 'people' wink

What does my moniker sound like?

It sounds like "Mary" to you?

Let me make you look stuuupid! It would take me a few seconds.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

What does my moniker sound like?

It sounds like "Mary" to you?

Let me make you look stuuupid! It would take me a few seconds.
Wow! You just made me look like it right? Hell yeah., thankyou hun. I don't exchange strong words with people I suppose should be sensible by now. But your post says it all. It took just a reply to let you spill what you've got in there....sweetJesus! #Peoplewithsensedontspeaknonsense
Besides, I have an English name, you have your own name. I posted something for people who are interested, if you don't like it why not just go ahead and create your own thread with the one you deem fit?
You don't have to call out someone just because you don't share my own point of view. If you were that sensible you would have known that we all have different views, choices and values. Now #getTheSense.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Wow! You just made me look like it right? Hell yeah., thankyou hun. I don't exchange strong words with people I suppose should be sensible by now. But your post says it all. It took just a reply to let you spill what you've got in there....sweetJesus! #Peoplewithsensedontspeaknonsense

You are avoiding me making your look stuupid, Mary?

Next time use your brain to think before opening a thread.

This is an African forum, only an ediot would come on it with a list of white/Western names as recommendation of names to call their child, Mary.

That is what was not sensible. I instruct you to create a hashtag for that stupidity.

Next time, fooool, if you don't want to exchange words, never again in your dumb life attack someone a million times more intelligent than you just because he showed you the light.

Worse still, you attacked with dumb insinuations, Mary!

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

You are avoiding me making your look stuupid, Mary?

Next time use your brain to think before opening a thread.

This is an African forum, only an ediot would come on it with a list of white/Western names as recommendation of names to call their child, Mary.

That is what was not sensible. I instruct you to create a hashtag for that stupidity.

Next time, fooool, if you don't want to exchange words, never again in your dumb life attack someone a million times more intelligent than you just because he showed you the light.

Worse still, you attacked with dumb insinuations, Mary!
Lol Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, you are really a noisemaker, I just wonder how you cope with yourself. It's an African forum and you are typing with 'english' why not try typing with your 'bantu' language Mr. Wise guy. e-cursing? Only kids do that so dude, just calm your titz, I know you've got balls. Put that energy into something positive.

11 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Captainswag225(m): 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

isn't aaliyah an Islamic name?
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
isn't aaliyah an Islamic name?
No, it's a Hebrew name, meaning to ascend, it just sounds like smiley

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Lol Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, you are really a noisemaker, I just wonder how you cope with yourself. It's an African forum and you are typing with 'english' why not try typing with your 'bantu' language Mr. Wise guy. e-cursing? Only kids do that so dude, just calm your tits, I know you've got balls. Put that energy into something positive.

Now, your response again is stuuupid.

I am beginning to think you can't make a statement without it being nonsensible.

It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Mary, their are multiple languages in Africa. This is a forum for Nigeria, where they have more than 300 different languages and dialect.

Worse still English is the official and educational language.

The forum cannot be in one local language if it is going to be viable and representative of the nation, Mary.

Try and make sense when you decide to speak, okay? It is quite easy when you use the tool God gave you between your ears.

As my colleague in the league of the Clerisy, Judge Judy, always says: "Beauty fades, dumb is forever"

The next thing you say MUST be sensible, okay?

I corrected you and your moronically lost your rag with a personal attack.

If you knew my moniker on NL, you would have known that was a dumb mistake. And the more you talk in a disparaging manner, the more it is no more a mistake but just pure stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Now, your response again is stuuupid.

I am beginning to think you can't make a statement without it being nonsensible.

It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Mary, their are multiple languages in Africa. This is a forum for Nigeria, where they have more than 300 different languages and dialect.

Worse still English is the official and educational language.

The forum cannot be in one language if it is going to be viable and representative of the nation, Mary.
Wow I'm impressed, he finally sees it as a Nigerian forum thought it was an African forum? Guy, take a deep breath and go through all all your posts again. I just pity the way you sweat it here... lemme tell you what you don't know, stop displaying your insecurities on NL, just see a shrink. Woulda diagnose you right away but, I don't want you to get suicidal.

6 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Wow I'm impressed, he finally sees it as a Nigerian forum thought it was an African forum? Guy, take a deep breath and go through all all your posts again. I just pity the way you sweat it here... lemme tell you what you don't know, stop displaying your insecurities on NL, just see a shrink. Woulda diagnose you right away but, I don't want you to get suicidal.

I thought I instructed you that the next thing you say MUST be sensible?

And you came up with this moronic junk, Mary?

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

I thought I instructed you that the next thing you say MUST be sensible?

And you came up with this moronic junk, Mary?
Hahaha, you just love the word mor*on and it can only mean one thing grin
Meanwhile Don't worry dear, you are a guy with dreams, don't feel bad about anything that's happening now with you, it will be better. You just need to curtail your anger issues and curse words, cuz if you are a Christian or bonded by any ethical consideration of any religion, you will know it's sooooooooo wrong to curse and just flip like that.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Hahaha, you just love the word mor*on and it can only mean one thing grin
Meanwhile Don't worry dear, you are a guy with dreams, don't feel bad about anything that's happening now with you, it will be better. You just need to curtail your anger issues and curse words, cuz if you are a Christian or bonded by any ethical consideration of any religion, you will know it's sooooooooo wrong to curse and just flip like that.

It seems you need to dye your hair blonde.

Your brain really seems to be made of cement.

Upon say I gif you instruction to make sure you spoket sensibly after all my nice adages, you still dey talk dumb? undecided

Fck your Christianity, Fck all your other religions. I don't do religion except the religion of using my brain. Hence I am not guided nor binded by your "sins".

And if you had any sense, Blonde Mary, you would actually have argued I love the word "fuuktard" more than "mooron".

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

It seems you need to dye your hair blonde.

Your brain really seems to be made of cement.

Upon say I gif you instruction to make sure you spoket sensibly after all my nice adages, you still dey talk dumb? undecided

Fck your Christianity, Fck all your other religions. I don't do religion except the religion of using my brain. Hence I am not guided nor binded by your "sins".

And if you had any sense, Blonde Mary, you would actually have argued I like the word "fuuktard" more than "mooron".
Lol! No doubt you love the word! Do you need help? Like should I book you for medical assessment? Or you wanna take a chill pill? I don't know why I just feel sorry for you. I hate seeing humans derail like to their default setting. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Captainswag225(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

No, it's a Hebrew name, meaning to ascend, it just sounds like smiley
okay thanks, but Hebrew name isn't an English name na! cool
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Lol! No doubt you love the word! Do you need help? Like should I book you for medical assessment? Or you wanna take a chill pill? I don't know why I just feel sorry for you. I hate seeing humans derail like to their default setting. undecided

I actually am the one that does the diagnosis.

https://www.nairaland.com/494964/most-friendly-nairalander/2#6659751

I know I engage an abrasive and unpleasant assessment approach, but, fck me, it works like a peach.

I have actually seen the signs you are incapable of making a sensible statement.

Girl, you are quite thick. grin

What are we going to do about that now?

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by marycool18(f): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
Okay let's put it this way, it's an English name of Hebrew origin. cool
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Captainswag225:

Aliyah is the concept of Jews returning to the Holy Land (the land they believe some imaginary God promised them).

https://www.nairaland.com/1804892/isreal-bombards-gaza-it-literally/10#24561773
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Captainswag225(m): 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
marycool18:

Okay let's put it this way, it's an English name of Hebrew origin. cool
hahaha, I get u. I will go for Anna as the name of my first gal. What abt u?
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Captainswag225(m): 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Aliyah is the concept of Jews returning to the Holy Land (the land they believe some imaginary God promised them).

https://www.nairaland.com/1804892/isreal-bombards-gaza-it-literally/10#24561773
thanks soo much for e information. I think e only nation preventing another massacre from happening to e Israelis are e Americans
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
thanks soo much for e information. I think e only nation preventing another massacre from happening to e Israelis are e Americans

Yep, but they should not watch while the Israelis are oppressing another people, taking their lands and installing apartheid.
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Captainswag225(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep, but they should not watch while the Israelis are oppressing another people, taking their lands and installing apartheid.
yeah the abuse from e Israelis on e Palestinians is too much. Israel needs to give them part of their land but these Arabs can't be trusted, they will massacre the Israelis with any chance they get.
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Sagamite(m): 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah the abuse from e Israelis on e Palestinians is too much. Israel needs to give them part of their land but these Arabs can't be trusted, they will massacre the Israelis with any chance they get.

Yep.
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Richy4(m): 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
I hate writing something like this but I have seen 10 top slutty names there lipsrsealed
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Pidggin(f): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
@OP, nice list you have here, but you should have added their meaning and origin.

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 24, 2015
1. onyinye-chi - God's gift
2. chiso-m - God is with me
3. ifeanyi-chukwu - with God, all things are possible
4. Chinedu-M - God leads me
5. Amara-chi - God's grace
6. Onyedika-chi - who is like God?
.... should I go on?
(To my future wife: the naming of my children is exclusively reserved to me, you can only suggest... thank you)

1 Like

Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by ireneidiva(f): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2015
onyenze123:
1. onyinye-chi - God's gift
2. chiso-m - God is with me
3. ifeanyi-chukwu - with God, all things are possible
4. Chinedu-M - God leads me
5. Amara-chi - God's grace
6. Onyedika-chi - who is like God?
.... should I go on?
(To my future wife: the naming of my children is exclusively reserved to me, you can only suggest... thank you)
Too common. Please give your kids unique names jor. That's why people go for foreign names. Nigeria is already full of Chinedu's and amarachi's
Re: Looking For That Perfect English Name For Your Baby Girl? Get In Here.. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
ireneidiva:

Too common. Please give your kids unique names jor. That's why people go for foreign names. Nigeria is already full of Chinedu's and amarachi's
Thank you for your suggestion... I will try and be unique but the last thing I will do is to go for foreign name. I am still managing my own because I am JR. I would hv dropped it since but I no won get issues with popsy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Okays 16-wk Maternity Leave For Workers / One Year But Can't Crawl / Clear Out The Stretch Marks For Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.