Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (11440 Views)

Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule / Is There Any Online Business I Can Do With My Phone? / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by unclebros: 11:36am On May 04, 2009
Hello Guys

I presently work with a logistics company and I want to step out on my own into a container haulage business. I intend to buy 1 truck (prefarably MACK).
I need advice from you all before i start.
thanks
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by kinharold(m): 3:00pm On May 04, 2009
My friend i think we can both work together cos am already looking for partners in that area.

there is an opportunity am trying to take advantage of. My broda works with a major shipping company (name withheld). they need transpot contractor and my bros is arranging for me to take advantage of it. i need about five trucks to register. i dnt have any and CANT afford one for now. that is y i need partners to leverage on. i always believe in partnership, i have worked with many people i met here on nairaland some without even seeing them face to face like the guy that registered my company. IF U SENSE ANY FORM OF IRREGULARITY U CAN PULLOUT AS SOON AS U WANT. I have my lawyers and i quess u have too. i DNT like complications.

1 u can buy a truck ( cant send spec now) while we manage it on ur behalf and make monthly or quarterly CONSTANT AND MANDATORY deposits to u. monthly deposits range from 300k to 500k depending on the truck spec, age and current “health”. U will not be involved in the daily management of the truck or running of the biz.

2 U can have the truck and patner with me to run the biz. We will rely on my expertise, links and experience. U will be involved in the daily running of the biz and we share the risk and the reward at an agreed rate.

This is an overview of the biz, do make ur considerations. Just know that whichever choice u make, there is profit to be made.

my company name is GOLDBERG CONCEPT. my number is 07034268732 we can talk at nite. email kinharold2@yahoo.com

Best Regards
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by tobiloba82: 6:55pm On May 04, 2009
Please my brother, don't let anybody deceive you in partnership with them. there is money in haulage business. mu friends and i call it drug money because we make money from it monthly. if u have a good manager and a good driver, u will make money live.
i work in the Apapa ports. i will teach this business. u dont need anybody, all u need is urself and that driver.
i will teach you transfer(ICD) this is the delivering of containers to bonded terminals. And normal delivering. this is the delivering of containers along the streets of lagos. U will make money every month an average of 500k.
dont let anyone chop you, my friend
call me on 08028292956 for more details
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by unclebros: 4:57pm On May 06, 2009
Thanks Tobiloba, will call you asap.
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by unclebros: 8:00am On May 07, 2009
Guys, I met someone who is already in the business, though i work full time now but still want to do this business as am not ready to step out fully now at least not untill the business settles down very well.

He is suggesting, that he runs the truck with his own and he is ready to be paying me N350,000 - N400,000 per month. I need advice from someone in that business asap

Thanks for the responses i have gotten so far.
Grace N Peace!
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by chrisibu(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2009
I can act as ur truck manager i.e. u lease the truck 2 me, then u will be getting N30,000 to N60,000 per day depending on the type of truck. All the minor maintenances and fuelling will be done by me (truck manager). If u need more details u can e-mail me on chris_ibu@rocketmail.com
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by ohwofasa(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2009
chris_ibu:

I can act as ur truck manager i.e. u lease the truck 2 me, then u will be getting N30,000 to N60,000 per day depending on the type of truck. All the minor maintenances and fuelling will be done by me (truck manager). If u need more details u can e-mail me on chris_ibu@rocketmail.com
unclebros:

Guys, I met someone who is already in the business, though i work full time now but still want to do this business as am not ready to step out fully now at least not untill the business settles down very well.

He is suggesting, that he runs the truck with his own and he is ready to be paying me N350,000 - N400,000 per month. I need advice from someone in that business asap

Grace N Peace!
kinharold:

My friend i think we can both work together cos am already looking for partners in that area.

there is an opportunity am trying to take advantage of. My broda works with a major shipping company (name withheld). they need transpot contractor and my bros is arranging for me to take advantage of it. i need about five trucks to register. i dnt have any and CANT afford one for now. that is y i need partners to leverage on. i always believe in partnership, i have worked with many people i met here on nairaland some without even seeing them face to face like the guy that registered my company. IF U SENSE ANY FORM OF IRREGULARITY U CAN PULLOUT AS SOON AS U WANT. I have my lawyers and i quess u have too. i DNT like complications.

1 u can buy a truck ( cant send spec now) while we manage it on ur behalf and make monthly or quarterly CONSTANT AND MANDATORY deposits to u. monthly deposits range from 300k to 500k depending on the truck spec, age and current “health”. U will not be involved in the daily management of the truck or running of the biz.

2 U can have the truck and patner with me to run the biz. We will rely on my expertise, links and experience. U will be involved in the daily running of the biz and we share the risk and the reward at an agreed rate.

This is an overview of the biz, do make ur considerations. Just know that whichever choice u make, there is profit to be made.

my company name is GOLDBERG CONCEPT. my number is 07034268732 we can talk at nite. email kinharold2@yahoo.com

Best Regards

unclebros:

Hello Guys

I presently work with a logistics company and I want to step out on my own into a container haulage business. I intend to buy 1 truck (prefarably MACK).
I need advice from you all before i start.
thanks .presently i do haulage with NBC with over 5 trucks now and jus signed another contract with NBC owerri with the hope of signing another one by another 2 months with NBC Benin.we are looking forward to having or managing trucks for any willing PARTNER,the partner stand to make over 1million naira monthly,we pay per trip the truck makes.if u r interested call or email me on:08033487799-ohofasa@yahoo.com

Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by Sequoia(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2009
unclebros:

Grace N Peace!

@ unclebros

what is the specifications of the truck and what guarantee is he ready to give?
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by ifyalways(f): 6:48pm On May 27, 2009
unclebros:

Grace N Peace!
As as 2006/07,My dad was having a returns of N240K per month for his 21 tyres(Mac).i believe it has increased bu now undecided
For starters,350K is cool,If the guy wud keep to his words.what does he intend carrying?cements?
last line :Make sure hes married,single boys can be lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by labak1997: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2009
tobiloba82:

Please my brother, don't let anybody deceive you in partnership with them. there is money in haulage business. mu friends and i call it drug money because we make money from it monthly. if u have a good manager and a good driver, u will make money live.
i work in the Apapa ports. i will teach this business. u dont need anybody, all u need is urself and that driver.
i will teach you transfer(ICD) this is the delivering of containers to bonded terminals. And normal delivering. this is the delivering of containers along the streets of lagos. U will make money every month an average of 500k.
dont let anyone chop you, my friend
call me on 08028292956 for more details

I am interested in this business. Tobiloba82 can I please have your email adress?
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by omolayo1(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2009
YES, MY TRUCK IS JUST EXACTLY THE YELLOW TRUCK OHWOFASA POSTED ABOVE BUT IS HAVE CABIN. ASUALLY PPL HAS BEING CALLING ON IT BUT I NEED TO COMPARE OPPORTUNITIES OPEN TO IT. I ALSO HAVE HIAB OF 5 TONES WORKING, IS 20 FEETS LONG BETTER WORK CAN BE CONSIDERED
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by kazadu: 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hi Omolayo,

Can I have your details I need truck for a job at Apapa, you can reach me on 08022552100

Cheers
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by ITGuru3: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
Please click to see how you can Manage your Haulage, Transport or Fleet business with ease https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html
Re: I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! by ogadriva(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2015
container transport business for sale can be very risky if you are not on ground. Its a big business and you can make alot of money. I know this business very well but your Driver will kill your business if they are not trustworthy. Use GPS and make sure the client pay 60% upfront before loading and you will be fine..

(1) (Reply)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 17.5% / BABZ LOUNGE In Yola Gutted By Fire (Photos) / FUTA VC Fuwape Receives Oluwadunsin Bolaji, Tony Elumelu Foundation Award Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.