Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. (472 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by waleadex(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2015
During a visit to the former Minister of Finance, Chief Olu Falae, on Wednesday by the Governor of Kano State and immediate-past Minister of Education, Mallam lbrahim Shekarau, at his residence  in Akure over his recent abduction by some gun men, Chief Falae said served as a minister without collecting any salary.

Shekarau, who arrived Falae’s residence on Wednesday evening thanked God for bringing him home safely.
He said:
“Chief has served this country meritoriously; he did not deserve such treatment in whatever manner, he is a man that should always be celebrated,” he said.
Shekarau also spoke on the need to encourage community policing, saying this would help in reducing the rate of kidnapping in the country.
Falae thanked Shekarau for his visit and said when he was Finance Minister, he was never paid a salary, but he served in the interest of and for the progress of the nation.

He said that he survived the abduction through the grace of God as the abductors attempted to kill him.
He said:
“ God has a way of doing His things, I know God just decided to spare my life, God really saved my life, they tortured me, stripped me naked and did a lot of things to me in their den, they even attempted to kill me but they did not succeed.
“I also thank God for making me to survive the ordeal because if they had killed me there, many lives would have been lost too, it would have become an ethnic war between the Yoruba and the Fulani. So I thank God that the matter did not get to that level.”
Source: Vanguard

Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by makzeze: 6:39am On Oct 24, 2015
how, where, when?
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by laurel03(m): 6:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Under Babagida? Dat is a BIG lie because what you embezzled more than ur salary...
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by Singingbae(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2015
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by Demmocrats(m): 7:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Its a super story a life of .........

Lia Mohammed grin
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by donholy28(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2015
This man is still bragging and spewing lies
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2015
If you steal $billion, who needs #1.5m. Anyway keep saying it until you believe it.
Re: I Served As A Minister Without Salary - Olu Falae. by QueenEdna(f): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2015
Na wa, so you were just doing Osho free work ba ? Ur lie no be here oo...

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Was Bribed With N23bn By Apc– Wike / Amaechi Must Be Confirm(pix) / A.P.C!!! Power.... PDP!!! Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.