Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) (17490 Views)

Armed Robbers In Delta Tie Dog For Barking As They Tried Robbing (pics / Sudan Arrests Suspected Killer Of Habibu Almu, Nigerian Diplomat / EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Islie: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2015
Men of the Akwa Ibom State Command have arrested two suspected armed robbers and recovered locally-made firearms in the process.

The suspects, Ita Bassey and Kufre Eyo, were apprehended by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad following a tip-off.

The State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Murtala Mani, stated on Friday that some of the bandits were still at large, adding that the police were on the trail of the remaining suspects.

Mani, who was represented by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Cordelia Nwawe, an assistant superintendent of police, revealed that when the two suspected armed robbers were arrested, the police went to their residences and conducted a search.

He noted that it was at that point that the locally-made firearms were found and recovered.

“On October 22, 2015, the very able SARS team of Akwa Ibom State Police Command tracked down two suspected armed robbers. They are Ita Bassey and Kufre Eyo. The police recovered locally-made guns from them.

“Some are still at large; we will not mention their names, but there is no hiding place for criminals here in Akwa Ibom State. The residences of these suspected armed robbers were searched and the firearms were found,” Mani said.

The commissioner said no individual had the right to be in possession of firearms.

He, however, urged members of the public to make necessary report on any suspected movement around them, adding that such gesture would contribute to the safety of citizens.

Speaking with one of the suspects, Bassey, a native of Ndak Etoi, Uyo Local Government Area, told journalists that he was not an armed robber, but a cultist.

He corroborated the police report by saying that a search was conducted in his residence and that the police discovered locally-made firearms.

He said, “I am a cultist. The police brought me here with one of my friends and took me to my house to search and they discovered locally-made firearms.

“I am not the owner of the guns. It was my big man, who is a cultist, that gave me the guns and that is what I told the police. I have never robbed before. My friend made me join cultism but he did not tell me that it was going to be like this.”

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/police-arrest-armed-robbery-suspects-in-aibom/

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by hamzakito(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2015
their fools... but government should try to bring out some job for our youths.... but all these pple wey dey steal sef no get head.... m ftc

12 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Mologi(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2015
This ones are still hungry now...look at their mouth
Pls let them go and work well(may be kirikri)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by buygala(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Since they are still 'Suspects', why parade them in the news?

As per their so-called 'confessions', anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time in police custody will know that The Nigerian Police can make one confess to anything, if they are serious about it undecided

If further investigations and/or the Court discovers they are not guilty of the charges, does the police realize how much they have messed up these guys' lives, seeing the kind of criminal stigma they have attached to these guys? sad

I am all for punishing criminals... sad But the mere fact that someone looks criminal doesn't mean he is one sad... The Police will do well to allow the Courts determine one's criminality, before showcasing him as a criminal to the Public angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by johnsonkehinde: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2015
How Excess Weight Affects Your Health
Understanding the Increased Risks to Your Health

Key Points:
Excess pounds do more than increase your weight
—they increase your risk of major health problems. People who are overweight or obese are more likely to have heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and depression.
Fortunately, losing weight can reduce your risk of developing some of these problems

For detailed information on how you can lose weight naturally in 9days follow this trend
https://www.nairaland.com/2684028/healthy-way-get-rid-excess
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by money121(m): 8:24am On Oct 24, 2015
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by sandrajazmin(f): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2015
d dark guy reminds me of uwaezuoke

May GOd help us recover all we'v been robbed of(nt tru d police pls cos dey myt reduce it bfr it gets 2 us )
Maybe tru anoda person in Jesus name! Amen!!
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2015
See their horror faces. Ole!
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Henrypraise: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2015
I still av not seen a gud police report. Des guys ar cultist in possession of fire arms, de are not robbers. N besides, why parade dem wen de av not bin tried @ d court of law?

Any dumb person can write dis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by oekehinde: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2015
OkkOkk
BTW: Know how to manage your diabetes without drugs and insulin injection. Visit www.surehealthoptions.com/vital5.html
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by muhammed10: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2015
Na waooh
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by plexond(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
See hard face
This one go dey ruthless with AK 47 ooooo

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by kristen12(f): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
They look hungry. See their faces.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by hajhud: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
hamzakito:
c face..... grin
Lyk rotten mango.
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by donholy28(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
See as dem be like fish...but na only dix kind thief police fit catch...d main big thiefs re walking free
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Smartresult(f): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2015
Crimes everywhere, even Internet fraudsters are on rampagne,and are all over, they wanted to make money at all cost and have device several deceptive approaches to steal from people money. Here I am going to expose one of the tactics they use to lure their prey before finally causing damages to them.
They will start by finding your email contact, I don’t know how they come across it, either through whois looks up or whatever but they will tell they get your information through private search.
The next thing they send you an email that they are looking for an investment partner; they are under detention or house arrest, they inherited the wealth and they don’t know how to invest.
Some may send you a message claim
continue reading
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by hensben(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by kelsidengkucio(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2015
I have never seen an arm robber caught by the police that is healthy or handsome looking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Without evidence their faces look Like criminals, Jail straight

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by LockDown69(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Omo see face... grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Seunaj05(m): 8:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Armed robber, cultist. Ko si eyi ti o san ninu omo aja. These are the boys that terrorize the community, raping our young girls, using the so called locally made gun for all sort of harassment on the street. Double ur effort to arraign the rest of the culprits. But ur public advertisement is uncalled for when u still need to make some arrests.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Orderer(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2015
hamzakito:
c face..... grin
lwkm
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by neocortex: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2015
buygala:
Since they are still 'Suspects', why parade them in the news

If further investigations and/or the Court discovers they are not guilty of the charges, does the police realize how much they have messed up these guys' lives, seeing the kind of criminal stigma they have attached to these guys? sad

I am all for punishing criminals... but the police shouldn't in the process of unreasonably laundering its image, unwittingly attach a criminal stigma to possibly innocent peeps, or force them to being what the Police wants them to be undecided

They have confessed to being cultists and also possessing firearms.
Those two offence are grave crimes in their own right.
So why should the police hide the identity of a criminal ?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by spartoo: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2015
sad
wen they are in the streets they'll look and act tough and invincible but wen u catch them they'll look pathetic

undecided
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by johnsonkehinde: 8:33am On Oct 24, 2015
How Excess Weight Affects Your Health
Understanding the Increased Risks to Your Health

Key Points:
Excess pounds do more than increase your weight
—they increase your risk of major health problems. People who are overweight or obese are more likely to have heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and depression.
Fortunately, losing weight can reduce your risk of developing some of these problems

For detailed information on how you can lose weight naturally in 9days follow this trend
https://www.nairaland.com/2684028/healthy-way-get-rid-excess
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by neocortex: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2015
sandrajazmin:
d dark guy reminds me of uwaezuoke

May GOd help us recover all we'v been robbed of(nt tru d police pls cos dey myt reduce it bfr it gets 2 us )
Maybe tru anoda person in Jesus name! Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2015
igborilla face grin

these cockroaches people frm d east dominating crime since 1814.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by spartoo: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2015
money121:
Omo ibo

Koni daa fun yi oooo

ewon lee ma kusi

for example.. This ibo guy

https://www.nairaland.com/purfekt

egwu james ogbonna 0112734342 gtbank

scammed me last month the id!ot promise to get more twitter followers for my acct.. As tym goes on... He changed matter..

New blogger plss beware ooo..
See his contact below

08035764621 his nothin but a scammer..

Ibo boi e ni kureee...

y ar u nagging u got scammed because u ar not smart

SULE!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2015
shocked cool
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by dOnLarich: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2015
Awon representative wa
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Guruboi(m): 8:38am On Oct 24, 2015
Why do ugly people like robbery...? undecided
Re: Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Them are still suspects

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) / Abducted Plateau Bride-To-Be Regains Freedom (Photo) / Aggrieved Residents Beat Thief Unconscious After His Capture In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.