Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) (1859 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2015
[center][/center] hi I'm Funmi_rich and I'm a Christian girl I don't suppose I know everything but I'll like to be a model Xtian though sometimes I get it wrong not because I don't know whats right but I guess its difficult sometimes so I'm going to be updating this daily so we could all discuss joys, trials, fun of being Christian some of the updates might not be reality while some might be

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by Whiteee(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2015
ok
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 4:18am On Feb 09, 2016
She had been a lot of things in her short life but she had never been careless in her emotions and relationships so she just couldn't understand how she of all people could have got into a romantic relationship with someone that inhumane...
Imagine his guts! He hit her! Just because according to him she was spending more time with her male colleagues than at the office...
She had been a good Christian all her life, had maintained stellar grades in school,always obeyed her parents, hadn't gone to the orgies her friends called parties which was the wont of her peers so when she had graduated with a second class upper from one of the reputable indigenous universities in Nigeria she had expected it, she had also expected to be retained after service and she had been - yes 'the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut off' had been duly confirmed and when finally as is expected of every African girl/woman at a certain age to go into the world and pick a better half; she had picked or had been penned by her boss' son for marriage she had thought she couldn't get it wrong until...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 09, 2016
okorro1:
She had been a lot of things in her short life but she had never been careless in her emotions and relationships so she just couldn't understand how she of all people could have got into a romantic relationship with someone that inhumane...
Imagine his guts! He hit her! Just because according to him she was spending more time with her male colleagues than at the office...
She had been a good Christian all her life, had maintained stellar grades in school,always obeyed her parents, hadn't gone to the orgies her friends called parties which was the wont of her peers so when she had graduated with a second class upper from one of the reputable indigenous universities in Nigeria she had expected it, she had also expected to be retained after service and she had been - yes 'the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut off' had been duly confirmed and when finally as is expected of every African girl/woman at a certain age to go into the world and pick a better half; she had picked or had been penned by her boss' son for marriage she had thought she couldn't get it wrong until...
why didnt you do this in the diary section? Thought christains are s'posed to be obedient and law abiding...
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
lol, wasn't aware there was a diary section besides its isn't exactly a diary its a series just tot to name it diary of a Xtian girl because it chronicles the lives of christians
fabiano09:

why didnt you do this in the diary section? Thought christains are s'posed to be obedient and law abiding...
lol, wasn't
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
It had been a week after the slap as she now referred to the incident but even now as was lying on her bed in her quiet room she still could not get over it, it screamed wrong cos no matter how naïve people thought she was she could not act the docile miss and marry a man who would hit her at whim, she could not even do it for her parents who saw the alliance as blessed and straight from God, they could not see one fault with him instead they kept poking her like she was the one at fault for making him so angry and jealous that he had to hit her
She replayed the conversation with her parents after he had come to visit after the slap and she had refused to see him.
Why did you refuse to see Wole? Her father asked when Wole left the house angrily.
I just don't want to see him Sir he has hurt me badly. I replied quietly
What do you mean hurt you badly did you catch him cheating on you or what? Mom asked as she joined us.
No i didn't. I replied, I did of course have my suspicions but I wasn't going to say anything I was not sure of to them
Then what is the problem? My father asked with suspicious calm I could tell he was running out of patience he always said he didn't understand the female mind and it was clear this was one of those cases he did not even want to try yet I carried on.
He hit me I said with as much venom as I could muster. He hit me just because I was hanging around some male colleagues in the office.
Kile le yi n so? Did you expect him to be happy with you for flirting around with men who work for him? Dad broke out.
I was not flirting we were just discussing work, that's all! I said in a snit I had never been given to childishness and disrespect before and I knew I could have said it all differently a soft answer turneth away wrath and all but I didn't care nor pay attention to my tone I was angry and I wanted to be heard no matter what.
Won ti bere ni. Mom exclaimed beside me
Won ti bere nkankan. Dad replied in his no nonsense tone, your daughter is only trying to show herself but in my house it will not work, I didn't ask you to accept his proposal, you did so out of your own free will, I accepted you brought to me because his father is a friend of mine who is also a leader in the church we go to, then we start preparing for the wedding, send out invitations and when its barely two weeks to the wedding you realise he is not for you abi? And of course because you are a grown woman with a Master's degree you expect us to accept whatever you say, well not under my roof, if you say he hit you because you were flirting then you deserve it no daughter of mine will turn into a prostitute while I'm alive.
I had blanched at the word prostitute but I still tried to defend myself.
I'm no prostitute, Dad. I cut in angrily. In anger I had barely realised he had risen and now towered over me as I too stood in anger the power and difference in our height was outstanding but I didn't falter and that was what angered him more as he raised his hand to me I had barely seen the movement but my Mom had... Gbenga. She called in a whisper loud enough to cause him to check himself and drop his hand.
You might say you are not a prostitute but what would you call a woman found frolicking with different men? He asked as he angrily walked out of the sitting room.
I never seem to understand the both of you, you always bring out the best and the worst out each other, one minute you are the closest and leaving me out on the loop and the next you are angry and I have to step in, you should not have spoken to him like that now it will be almost impossible for him to see reason, Mom said as she came to stand beside me, I love you both dear, but please just go to room and let me see what I can do.
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] cry undecided lipsrsealed hi guys I'm sorry there are no quotation marks have issues with the some parts of the keypad of my phone, as an avid reader I know its important but please bear with me, thank you. One more thing please I will appreciate readers who can suggest suitable names for the characters this is my first readable story and I'm kinda picky with the name thingy, if you notice only the girl's father has a name yet but there are five other male characters and maybe four to five female characters so kindly get back to me soon through the comment section here,Gracias
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Please do not get discouraged. This is a good one. Enjoying your story. Awaiting updates.
Re: Diary Of A Xtian Gurl! ;) by okorro1(f): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2016
cosmo84:
Please do not get discouraged. This is a good one. Enjoying your story. Awaiting updates.
thank you sir please I'm still waiting on suggestions for names of the characters

(1) (Reply)

15 August Hindi Poems / Playwright And Actor, Toyin Abiodun, Reads From The Trials Of Afonja / The Damned - Written By Hotwax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.