Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life (680 Views)

Here Is How To Become A Web Designer Or A Web Developer Without Going To School / Web Developer / Vacancy For Web Developer/social Media Marketing Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life by paulhq(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2015
Few years back, some Havard students came up with an idea for a website, and gave the project to their friend Sanjay Mavinkurve, who later left the project to work for Google. They took in a second person called Gao who also left the project. Then they finally met someone, someone with initiative, someone who saw better than working on other people's idea, he took this idea, developed it and made it bigger. His name is Mark Zuckerberg.
I used to believe all Mark did was steal the facebook idea, but now I know he didn't , he developed the idea, he saw what the other programmers and founders of Connectu didn't see.

Same goes for all programmers and developer, we the new generation of Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton. In the centuries back , they had ideas no had, and today we are sent to school to study this things. The thing is, they have already laid foundations in this world , there's not much for us to discover, except developing ideas they've already created.

But we have a new world now - the internet , luckily for us smiley there's still much to invent in this new world. We are the genius of our time , everyone wants to be a geek now.

But the big irony is, having skills is not the same as having ideas, being a professional is not the same as being a genius. A typical programmer who is very good will say, "I can code anything from scratch, I can develop apps, I can do this, I can develop any website for you " , smiley so with all your skills how many of your own website is an achievement sad .

Linda Ikeji has no programming skills, she has an influx design (some will say) , but she beats 90% of Nigerian developers, what irony. If only Sanjay had been smarter he would have seen what Mark saw rather than go and work for Google, he would have been a Forbes billionaire (thank God he didn't, what would have become of facebook? ) .

So my advice to all programmers and developers, work on your ideas and leave quick money alone. Be persistent, if one idea fails, develop it, again and again, even if it suceeds, keep developing until it becomes big.
Even if you are working on other people's idea, it should be to raise revenue for yours.
Be dedicated and persistent, and learn to think outside the box, and you will make it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life by joshbj(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
nice post[center][/center]

1 Like

Re: Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life by paulhq(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
joshbj:
nice post[center][/center]

Thank you, your comment means a lot.
Re: Irony Of Most Programmers/web Developer's Life by Booyakasha(f): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2015
paulhq:

Thank you, your comment means a lot.
Nice... you need to be at gdevit lol

(1) (Reply)

7 Bizarre Ancient Cultures That History Forgot / Checkout My Obstacle Avoidance Robot / What Will Humans Look Like In The Future? Some Possible Scenarios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.