Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? (8333 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by stephanay(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2009
im getting married soon and id like to cut costs on most things for personal reasons.

is it advisable to do my make up on my own?
what tips can u give me on products and techniques?

thanks!
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by sweetpeas: 10:54pm On May 04, 2009
sincerely is better to get a makeup artist,
u have get cheap ones, call 07025896323.
mac products r good for bridal makeup
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by mohawkchic(f): 12:09am On May 05, 2009
~Are you any good doing your own makeup usually?

~If You're confident you're more than capable of doing your own makeup,exactly the way you'd want it on your big day. . . then why not!

~Natural looks Glowing & nice for weddings,no vibrant colours!! All eyes will be on you already,you dont want more focus on your makeup than You/Dress!

~A friend family who got maried last year went to Sephora to get her make up done professionally,she came home w/glittery silver eyeshadow that didnt work w/ her skin tone at all,never did ask if she chose it or it was the "professional" idea of a good colour . . . in almost all the wedding pics,it looked like her eyes were closed!!

~Got you this link for now,hope it helps

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/32557_weddings-makeup-eyes.htm

Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by tpiah: 3:58am On May 05, 2009
stephanay:

im getting married soon and id like to cut costs on most things for personal reasons.

thanks!

not advisable, unless you're already an expert.

However, if you feel confident enough, then at least practice very well beforehand, and check out the link posted by mohawkchic.

Dont do trial and error on your wedding day plz!
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by mohawkchic(f): 6:00pm On May 05, 2009
tpiah:

not advisable, unless you're already an expert.

However, if you feel confident enough, then at least practice very well beforehand, and check out the link posted by mohawkchic.

Dont do trial and error on your wedding day plz!

~ cheesy . .she wouldnt dare!! Mock up her own day w/ a bad makeup job shocked ? Here's hoping she'll have enough time to practice if she still wants to go ahead w/ doing it herself!

~Here's a thought!. . . Do you have any idea of the costs of the products you want to use? If there isnt much difference you buying the products/paying an artist,you might as well scout around on Price offers on Professional Make-up artists . . .
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Travelista(f): 6:54pm On May 05, 2009
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! Please, please, PLEASE! let an expert do your make-up! You don't necessarily need to pay someone for the services, either. Do you have a friend or relative that is good with creating various looks with make-up? If you don't, spring for a make-up artist. Cut down on food or flowers or whatever but please don't look a mess on your wedding day.
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Outstrip(f): 1:59am On May 07, 2009
I did my own makeup but it depends on what is important to you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by wonuface: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2009
there so many makeup artist that can do your make-up for you, i will advice you dont do your makeup yourself because that day is a very special day, you can call facial beauty expert on this no 08034822410, she did my sister's makeup and it was very nice, you can talk to her abt the expensive and she wiil understand to do it at your own affordable price.
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by spoilt(f): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2009
We are in a recession oh. You can do your own makeup. Just draw two lines where your eye brows should be and you are ready for your big day. grin
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 2:08am On Jul 03, 2009
depending on how good you're with makeups b4 and knowing how to choose the right colors and applying it not to look overdone but classy
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Secretz(f): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2009
You can always get a family member who might be good at it to do it for you . . . . . . grin

spoilt:

We are in a recession oh. You can do your own makeup. Just draw two lines where your eye brows should be and you are ready for your big day. grin

shocked roflmao . . . . . that was funny. grin
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2009
spoilt:

hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by tkb417(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2009
NAJA
u didnt call me ehn?
dey open teeth up and down there so gbo?

abeg call me joh
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by spikedcylinder: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
I understand you're trying to cut cost but is there someone in your family that does make up well? The person can teach you the basics and you can pick up from there with practice. smiley
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by epstitch(f): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
Be careful what you decide to do on your wedding day. Makeup is one of the most essential parts of this day and trust me you dont want to mess it up. Have you considered the fact that you are the reason for that very day, cameras flashing here and there just to take a shot of you? You wanna have memorable pictures that represent you beautifully, you want to look at your pictures 10years later and not ask yourself silly "why" questions.

The bridal dress, the hair and the face, make the bride my dear. The man on her arm completes it!

Forget doing it yourself. There are several talented makeup artists that would do a beautiful job on you for very affordable rates.

call 07068545805
or

Go to
www.2deal4real.com and look in the wedding section. You might find more than just a makeup artist

Imagine having makeup done with the best products, done to last long for as long as your event, the best tools and the most artistic pair of hands. Its no wonder brides find this a luxury to die for.
Think again. Best wishes
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by N101: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
stephanay:

thanks!

Depends on the look you're going for; if you can do it very well at the moment, know what you want, and you're not rushed when the time comes, go for it.

If you know you're going to be nervous then get someone close - who's VERY good - to do it for you.  Practice in advance and try taking pictures to see how everything will come out.  Just because someone puts on their makeup well doesn't necessarily mean they'll make you up right. 

You don't have to get a make-up artist, if some of the scary wedding photos I've seen are anything to go by!  Just make sure you get your colours right and it can work for you.    Makeup should be as close to natural as possible, not like you're wearing a mask, but then it depends on your preference.

Good luck!
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Nweddings: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2009
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Gabry(f): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2009
Wedding Day Make-up Advice

Posted by kate on Monday, August 10, 2009

As with most aspects of your wedding, preparation is the key when it comes to flawless make-up on the day. This is not the time to be experimenting with a new look, your wedding make-up should be a polished version of what you’d normally wear. Rehearse your whole make-up regime and take plenty of photos to check you’re happy with the look. With this sensible advice ringing in your ears and some top tips from leading make-up designers to follow, we’ll guide you through your perfect wedding make-up process.

Professional make-up artist v DIY?

If you’re the kind of woman who likes to be in control, relinquishing the power to a make-up artist, no matter how good he/she is, can be challenging. The best solution is to have a run-through in order to iron out any blips before the big day. Ultimately you know your face better than anyone, you look at it every day after all, however a make-up artist will offer that professional touch to your look – plus they’re less likely to have shaky hands!

Some brides would rather invest the money they would have spent on a make-up artist on buying some luxury cosmetics. You’ll still be using that pricey mascara weeks after the wedding when your make-up designer is just a distant memory.

Lipstick

No bride wants to look overdone on their big day, however if you’re too timid with your colours, you risk looking washed out on your photos. Experts recommend using shades of pink, purple or plum on your lips as neutral shades simply won’t show up. You should also invest in a moisturising lipstick to avoid lips drying out and looking cracked over the course of the day. It’s also important to use a lip liner underneath to avoid bleeding and also all over the lip to provide a solid base.

Top Tip: Avoid having lipstick on your teeth by putting your finger in your mouth, touching your front teeth and pulling it out again so the excess lippy rubs off on your finger, not your gnashers.

Skin Brightening

A spot break out on the big day cannot be discounted so it’s best to be prepared. Flawless skin can be faked with the help of a few clever products. A skin highlighter brushed along the tops of your cheekbones and bridge of your nose helps your face come alive and look dewy and fresh. Once your face is complete, it’s worth using a make-up setter over the top to help your look last the distance.

Foundation

If you’ve bought a new one for the big day, wear in before hand to make sure it is the right shade and offers the correct amount of coverage. If your dress is low cut, it’s also worth covering your chest in a thin layer of foundation so you’re body and face match perfectly in the all important photos.

Cheek Stain

Sometimes the blushing bride needs to give nature a helping hand. Rosy cheeks are a sign of youth and vitality, an image every bride wants to project. Bear in mind the colours in your dress and opt for either a peachy or pink hue depending upon your skin tone. Cheek stains will last longer than traditional blusher however, apply sparingly as it’s powerful stuff!

Eye Lash Curlers

For that wide-eyed look and to keep your lashes open for the whole day, it’s best to use a heat assisted eye lash curler. These are pretty inexpensive and will really add to your overall look.

Blotting Tissues

A handbag staple for your wedding day – fight the sheen with these handy little tissues.

Waterproof mascara

Emotions are running high, but that doesn’t mean your mascara has to follow suit. Avoid black tear-stained cheeks by investing in a high quality waterproof mascara; you may want to share it around your bridal party to avoid having panda eyed bridesmaids.

Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by Eaglebabe: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2009
Please go ahead and do ur make up urself.There is nothing wrong with it.U are talking of cutting cost and somebody is telling u to get mac product.They are expensive .So advise urself.
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by honeydrop25: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
If you're working on budget call phenomenal look.Phenomenal looks gives a classy makeup on brides..and a cool makeover for traditional engagement...they did my sister's wedding and my cousin's wedding. it was lovely..I mean it and the price was okay.her bb pin is 278C6CCB..her no is 08022516433
Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by chachabae(f): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
A perfect touch of bronzing pearls gives that little extra of terracota shade which provides natural glow, beautiful radiance for everyday look......
Giordani Bronzing Pearls is one of our most sought out product.

Place your orders today
Distributors needed nationwide.

Re: Can I Do My Make-up By Myself For My Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 4:53am On Aug 21, 2017
Maybe, but u can't MC your own wedding reception lol. Check my profile to watch me MC weddings

(1) (Reply)

DOOR TO DOOR LEAFLET & FLYER DISTRIBUTION / Gulder Ultimate Search Reality Show 2016 Application Form / Nollywood Stars At Encomium's Green And White Groove Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.