Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? (5874 Views)

Do We Truly Have Free Will? Does The Bible Teach It? / Debunking The Trinity Logic / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Emusan:

The Creator of heaven and earth!

Who is the creator of heaven and earth ?
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Jozzy4:

Who is the creator of heaven and earth ?
Nursery school student question!
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by plappville(f): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Emusan:

Hahahaha.... grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by plappville(f): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Thanks for the highlighted. However there is a deeper dimension as Christ describes in John 17:21a
that they all may be one; just as You, Father, are in Me and I in You,
John 17:21a

Here you come again. Deeper dimension...Christians are one in Christ, Husband and wife are one flesh, Jesus and Yahweh are one. I can understand what Christ mean. Thanks.

You see the word Angel (malak) basically means ambassador, king, angel, messenger, prophet, priest, teacher (Jesus was described as a Teacher come from God)
http://biblehub.com/strongs/hebrew/4397.htm

In Revelations 2 & 3, the angel of the churches was referring to the pastors/leaders over those churches! Not literal angels.

Hence its use does not always refer to the created angels meaning it will be wrong to assume that the manifestation of the Pre-incarnate Christ was that of an Angel that was created!

The bible said Angel. It didn't describe what type of angel and I am not to do such. God sent an Angel with his people. This angel voice the people will hear but Infact it will be God who is doing the talking through the angel. That's why they must listen to Him. I did not assume anything. I just show you how the NT interpreted the OT.

I am happy you quoted Paul who mentioned Rock (not an Angel as the created ones).

The use of the term Rock was another way of referring to God in the OT see:

For their rock is not like our Rock,
Even our enemies themselves judge this.
Deuteronomy 32:31

They drank from the Rock. That's why He used the rock. How could He have used the word Angel? They ate same a spiritual Meat (Christ) and drank same spiritual drink (Christ) only when you go back to Exodus 23:20-21 will you understand that this spiritual meat and drink was the Angel that followed them.
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by plappville(f): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Sure those verses were from the Bible! Besides, its only good we consider a subject from all perspectives as far as the Word reveals!

Ok. Does this not validate what Christ said here?
"The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28?

He will handover the Kingdom to God who is greater.

As to making images and forms, I am unable!

You are right. But how do you picture this trinity you believed? Imagin there are three seats. God is at the middle and Jesus at his right hand then?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by malvisguy212: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
plappville:

Ok. Does this not validate what Christ said here?
"The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28?

He will handover the Kingdom to God who is greater.

there was a time Jesus BECAME man BUT there was NEVER a time Jesus BECAME God for God is eternal.Jesus is eternal God who exist Long before he was born in the flesh. This point to the fact the He has TWO nature (God and Man) .there are things God knows that Jesus in his human nature do not know.

Let me give you an example:

have you ever seen a demon possessed man being heal ?Prior to his deliverance he will act strange and speak with uncontrolled voice(multiple voice) but when the demon is cast out from him, if you try to explained his behavior before he was deliver, he will deny acting in such way .infact some demon possessed
Person may even cut himself with sharp object unknowingly to his human nature.
It is because his demonic nature did not override his human nature.they were both distinct from each other. That is how God possessed Jesus, God is holy and hate sin ,that is why He possessed the body of Jesus christ (a sinless being) NO wonder! Jesus had to be born via a virgin birth so that He will possess the body. and then this God and his human nature have "spirit" the holy spirit.

So when Jesus say the father is greater than I, yes offcorse, God is greater than man, the human nature of Jesus christ.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Emusan:

Some Nursery school and higher institutions student are taught that Brahma is the creator of heaven and earth , some are taught that "Ptah" is the creator , some are taught that Vishnu is the creator of heaven and earth . Tell me , who is the creator of heaven and earth acording to you ?
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

Some Nursery school and higher institutions student are taught that Brahma is the creator of heaven and earth , some are taught that "Ptah" is the creator , some are taught that Vishnu is the creator of heaven and earth . Tell me , who is the creator of heaven and earth acording to you ?

The only true God!

Answer me: you believe Jesus is a God, then is Jesus a true God or a false God?
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
there was a time Jesus BECAME man BUT there was NEVER a time Jesus BECAME God for God is eternal.Jesus is eternal God who exist Long before he was born in the flesh. This point to the fact the He has TWO nature (God and Man) .there are things God knows that Jesus in his human nature do not know.

have you ever seen a demon possessed man being heal ?Prior to his deliverance he will act strange and speak with uncontrolled voice(multiple voice) but when the demon is cast out from him, if you try to explained his behavior before he was deliver, he will deny acting in such way .infact some demon possessed
It is because his demonic nature did not override his human nature.they were both distinct from each other. That is how God possessed Jesus, God is holy and hate sin ,that is why He possessed the body of Jesus christ (a sinless being) NO wonder! Jesus had to be born via a virgin birth so that He will possess the body. and then this God and his human nature have "spirit" the holy spirit.

So when Jesus say the father is greater than I, yes offcorse, God is greater than man, the human nature of Jesus christ.

Nicely explained. The fullness of the spirit of God was in Christ that's why the Bible says;

2 Corinthians 5:19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

And God used that body to pay the price of redemption; for the law of redemption requires a sacrifice to be without blemish, that's why it took one sinless man to die to be able to pay for the redemption of the world since sin came into the world through one man!

That's why Jesus is referred to as "the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" - John 1:29.

That's why the doctrine of trinity doesn't make any sense because if the fullness of God almighty was in Christ, then, it only makes sense to say God is One but only manifested in His fullness in a man for the purpose of redemption. One God manifested in three offices for the purpose of redempting man---- those who are converted He gives them His holy spirit; which simply explain the scripture "Christ in me the hope of glory" - Colossians 1:27!

God rules and live by His laws...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Emusan:

The only true God!

What is His name ?

We can only address this question when we have identify the only true God .
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by malvisguy212: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Nicely explained. The fullness of the spirit of God was in Christ that's why the Bible says;

2 Corinthians 5:19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

And God used that body to pay the price of redemption; for the law of redemption requires a sacrifice to be without blemish, that's why it takes one sinless man to die to be able to pay for the redemption of the world since sin came into the world through one man!

That's why Jesus is referred to as "the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" - John 1:29.

That's why the doctrine of trinity doesn't make any sense because if the fullness of God almighty was in Christ, then, it only makes sense to say God is One but only manifested in His fullness in a man for the purpose of redemption. One God manifested in three offices for the purpose of redempting man---- those who are converted He gives them His holy spirit; which simply explain the scripture "Christ in me the hope of glory" - Colossians 1:27!

God rules and live by His laws...
I love this my good friend. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

What is His name ?

I Am that I Am
Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the Ending
Ancient of day

You need more?

We can only address this question when we have identify the only true God .

Never try this rubbish with me next time, once you start dodging my question then consider my reply to your post over. No time to check time!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Emusan:

I Am that I Am

Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the Ending
Ancient of day

You need more?

Good ! After introducing himself as the I Am that I Am , he further state :

"
And God said moreover unto Moses,
Thus shalt thou say unto the children of
Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers,
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac,
and the God of Jacob, hath sent me
unto you:
this is my name forever, and
this is my memorial unto all generations.
" - Exodus 3:15 ASV

The bold reveal him as Jehovah , The God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

_______

Now since you Emusan has help us identify who Jesus refer to as the only true God , lets go back to john 17:3

" their taken in knowledge of you , the only True God [ the I am that I am , Jehovah , The God of abraham , Isaac and Jacob ] and of the one whom you sent , Jesus Christ " John 17:3

The True God is now identified as , Jehovah the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob .

NOTE : He sent Jesus , infact jesus is his servant ...

Thanks Emusan . cheesy

"
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
The God of our fathers, has glorified His
servant Jesus.
You handed Him over
and rejected Him before Pilate, even
Though he had decided to release Him.
" - Act 3:13 BSB

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Emusan:

Luke 18:18-19

And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him,“Why do you call me good ? No one is good except God alone. "

Since Jesus didnt refer to himself as Good , can we conclude Jesus is a Bad person ?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Richirich713: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him,“Why do you call me good ? No one is good except God alone. "

Since Jesus didnt refer to himself as Good , can we conclude Jesus is a Bad person ?

So is jesus perfectly Good or is he not? Is he perfectly righteousness or not?
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 7:33am On Nov 06, 2015
Jozzy4:

Good ! After introducing himself as the I Am that I Am , he further state :

"
And God said moreover unto Moses,
Thus shalt thou say unto the children of
Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers,
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac,
and the God of Jacob, hath sent me
unto you:
this is my name forever, and
this is my memorial unto all generations.
" - Exodus 3:15 ASV

The bold reveal him as Jehovah , The God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

_______

Now since you Emusan has help us identify who Jesus refer to as the only true God , lets go back to john 17:3

" their taken in knowledge of you , the only True God [ the I am that I am , Jehovah , The God of abraham , Isaac and Jacob ] and of the one whom you sent , Jesus Christ " John 17:3

The True God is now identified as , Jehovah the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob .

NOTE : He sent Jesus , infact jesus is his servant ...

Thanks Emusan . cheesy

"
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
The God of our fathers, has glorified His
servant Jesus.
You handed Him over
and rejected Him before Pilate, even
Though he had decided to release Him.
" - Act 3:13 BSB

Seriously, just see how you twisting my point.

Anyway that's how a typical JWs behave.

Jesus identified Himself as I AM if that's where you're going.

And this servant created everything which made Him Your Creator.
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2015
Jozzy4:

Attacking strawman!

This is how you'll know that you lack scriptural understanding and how you prove that Jesus is God since only God is good.

In John 10:11 Jesus called Himself "The GOOD shepherd" since Jesus is good THEN HE IS GOD.

Don't boycott my question for the last time!
Answer me: is Jesus a true God or a false God?

Lol...Bible student saying Jesus didn't refer to himself as good this is the highest JWs can go to hide the truth about Jesus Christ don't worry you have helped us confirmed that Jesus is God since only God is good.
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2015
Richirich713:

So is jesus perfectly Good or is he not? Is he perfectly righteousness or not?

He won't answer you because he has put himself in confusion, he asked question which himself can not answer.

He can't say Jesus is GOOD since only God is good neither can he say Jesus is a bad person. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 11:41am On Nov 06, 2015
Emusan:

Attacking strawman!

This is how you'll know that you lack scriptural understanding and how you prove that Jesus is God since only God is good.

In John 10:11 Jesus called Himself "The GOOD shepherd" since Jesus is good THEN HE IS GOD.

This heresy that you lift online is baseless , the greek word in Luke 18:19 Is /agathos/ which means good in the complete inherent sense , much deeper than John 10:11 which is /kalos/ beautiful, good .

Don't boycott my question for the last time!
Answer me: is Jesus a true God or a false God
Lol...Bible student saying Jesus didn't refer to himself as good this is the highest JWs can go to hide the truth about Jesus Christ don't worry you have helped us confirmed that Jesus is God since only God is good.
Is Jesus good /agathos/ ? No , He clarified in Luke 18

Is he a bad person ? Not at all .
gud
Is Jesus the only true God ? No , he clarified in John 17:3 .

Is Jesus a false God ? Not at all .

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2015
Emusan:

He won't answer you because he has put himself in confusion, he asked question which himself can not answer.

He can't say Jesus is GOOD since only God is good

Statement from Jesus himself .

neither can he say Jesus is a bad person. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Apply that logic at underlined to your question .
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Richirich713: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2015
So according to u the bible does not teach jesus is perfectly Good.
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Emusan:

Seriously, just see how you twisting my point.

[s]
Anyway that's how a typical JWs behave.

[/s]

Who is the only true God ? You said the creator of heaven nd earth , what is his name ? You said I am that I am .
We can nw know who the only true God is , exodus 3:14,15 said the I am that I am is Jehovah , the God of Abraham , Isaac nd Jacob , so I insert this into john 17:3 and it made perfect sense .

Jesus identified Himself as I AM if that's where you're going.

Then insert that into john 17:3

" their coming to know you the only true God [ I am , Jesus ] and the one whom you sent , Jesus " shocked do we have two Jesus ?

Who is knocking ? " I Am" ... Countless millions of people identify themselves with " I am " everyday , does it mean they are the God of Abraham ?

At judges 13:11 , an angel also identify himself with "I am".

this servant created everything which made Him Your Creator.
Master Worker PR 8:31
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by plappville(f): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
malvisguy212:

Ok. But did He (Jesus ) said it in the bible that "I 'm God"? Did the old prophecy says the Messiah will be God himself ? He is to be like Moses. Not half God and half man. Moses was fully a man.
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
plappville:

Ok. But did He (Jesus ) said it in the bible that "I 'm God"? Did the old prophecy says the Messiah will be God himself ? He is to be like Moses. Not half God and half man. Moses was fully a man.

Dont mind these people , imagine the person you just replied saying " the father is greater that Jesus because of human nature " ; this nonsense simply means that the Father is greater than we humans because of our human nature , so when some humans finally become partakers of the divine nature , i wonder if the father will still be greater aftrall they aint humans anymore . Nonsense .
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by malvisguy212: 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
plappville:

my post do not say half god and half man. there can NEVER be half god and half man. I say FULLY GOD and FULLY MAN.

Jeremiah 23:5-6 'The days are
coming,” declares the LORD, “when I
will raise up to David a righteous
Branch, a King who will reign wisely
and do what is just and right in the
land. In his days Judah will be saved
and Israel will live in safety. This is
the name by which he will be called:
The LORD Our Righteousness.

The Messiah is given the name of God
alone. YHWH

Now. I want you to take a close look at this verse:

Micah 5:2 But thou, Beth-lehem
Ephrathah, which art little to be
among the thousands of Judah, out of
thee shall one come forth unto Me
that is to be ruler in Israel; whose
goings forth are from of old, from
ANCIENT DAYS .

In regards to the Messiah’s HUMAN origin He is said to have been born in
Bethlehem(in a specific period of TIME) , but regarding His DIVINE
origin He is said to be ‘from old, from
ANCIENT DAYS .’meaning the messiah has no BEGINNING.

In Micah 5:2 ‘The Hebrew for ‘from long ago,from the days of eternity’ are the strongest Hebrew words ever used for eternity past. They are used of God the Father in Psalm 90:2

There are many reason Jesus do not say the word 'I am God' do you expect Jesus to tell the Jews (who sees Him as human) I am God? The Jews will arrest him for blasphemy, infact that was the reason Jesus was crucify. ONE thing for sure, Jesus do not deny being called God. Infact Jesus even bless peter for calling him God.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jozzy4:
This heresy that you lift online is baseless , the greek word in Luke 18:19 Is /agathos/ which means good in the complete inherent sense , much deeper than John 10:11 which is /kalos/ beautiful, good.

Lol...
Just imaging I lift heresy online, well let see what mr no heresy has to say.

You ran to Greek as if you know what you're saying. With this your assertion then, it means NOT ONLY God is good but MANY PEOPLE and Thing are God

Agathos:
a primary word; "good" (in any sense, often as noun):--benefit, good(-s, things), well.

Kalos:
of uncertain affinity; properly, beautiful, but chiefly (figuratively) good (literally or morally), i.e. valuable or virtuous (for appearance or use, and thus distinguished from 18 {18 here is the Agathos}, which is properly intrinsic):--X better, fair, good(-ly), honest, meet, well, worthy.

Now let see how Agathos was used in the scripture and it's used more than 30 times.
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good (agathos) gifts unto your children,... 18 A good(agathos) tree cannot bring forth evil fruit,..." Matt 7:11,18
"A good(agathos) man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:..."

IN FACT THE MOST PERPLEXING IS WHEN PEOPLE ARE DIRECTLY CALLED GOOD (AGATHOS)!
"And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good(Agathos) man, and a just:" Luke 23:50
"And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, [b]He (Jesus) is a good(Agathos) man:" John 7:12
"...which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was [b]full of good(agathos) works and almsdeeds
which she did." Acts 9:36

I can give you more references but let me stop here!

Like I said you lack scriptural understanding.

Everyone understood the reason why ONLY GOD IS GOOD not because of the Greek word that was used and for Jesus to claim to be GOOD it shows that He is God since only God is good.

Is Jesus good /agathos/ ? No , He clarified in Luke 18

Just imaging because Jesus must not be God then this can come out from you (it's obvious that people can see the spirit that is working in you), anyway God will have mercy on you.

I don't know how Jesus the creator, only sinless person will not be GOOD when the same Greek word AGATHOS was used for ordinary people even the Jews OPENLY CALLED Jesus Good (AGATHOS) "And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, [b]He (Jesus) is a good(Agathos) man:" John 7:12

Is he a bad person ? Not at all .
gud
Is Jesus the only true God ? No , he clarified in John 17:3 .

Is Jesus a false God ? Not at all .

I don't need to address the rest of your points again because my heart pierced when I read what you wrote OPENLY, [size=14pt]Is Jesus GOOD (AGATHOS)? and your answer can be NO![/size]

You know the gravity of CALLING JESUS GOOD that's why you can go to the extent of deny Him, His wonderful privileged.

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Jozzy4: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Emusan:

Lol...
Just imaging I lift heresy online, well let see what mr no heresy has to say.

You ran to Greek as if you know what you're saying. With this your assertion then, it means NOT ONLY God is good but MANY PEOPLE and Thing are God

Agathos:
a primary word; "good" (in any sense, often as noun):--benefit, good(-s, things), well.

Kalos:
of uncertain affinity; properly, beautiful, but chiefly (figuratively) good (literally or morally), i.e. valuable or virtuous (for appearance or use, and thus distinguished from 18 {18 here is the Agathos}, which is properly intrinsic):--X better, fair, good(-ly), honest, meet, well, worthy.

Now let see how Agathos was used in the scripture and it's used more than 30 times.
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good (agathos) gifts unto your children,... 18 A good(agathos) tree cannot bring forth evil fruit,..." Matt 7:11,18
"A good(agathos) man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:..."

IN FACT THE MOST PERPLEXING IS WHEN PEOPLE ARE DIRECTLY CALLED GOOD (AGATHOS)!
"And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good(Agathos) man, and a just:" Luke 23:50
"And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, [b]He (Jesus) is a good(Agathos) man:" John 7:12
"...which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was [b]full of good(agathos) works and almsdeeds
which she did." Acts 9:36

I can give you more references but let me stop here!

Like I said you lack scriptural understanding.

Everyone understood the reason why ONLY GOD IS GOOD not because of the Greek word that was used and for Jesus to claim to be GOOD it shows that He is God since only God is good.

Just imaging because Jesus must not be God then this can come out from you (it's obvious that people can see the spirit that is working in you), anyway God will have mercy on you.

I don't know how Jesus the creator, only sinless person will not be GOOD when the same Greek word AGATHOS was used for ordinary people even the Jews OPENLY CALLED Jesus Good (AGATHOS) "And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, [b]He (Jesus) is a good(Agathos) man:" John 7:12

I don't need to address the rest of your points again because my heart pierced when I read what you wrote OPENLY, [size=14pt]Is Jesus GOOD (AGATHOS)? and your answer can be NO![/size]

You know the gravity of CALLING JESUS GOOD that's why you can go to the extent of deny Him, His wonderful privileged.

Shalom!

Here is my statement once again , " the greek word in Luke 18:19 is /agathos/ which means good in the COMPLETE inherent sense .
"
I deliberately insert " COMPLETE " to distinguish the usage of agathos at Luke 18:19

ONLY God is good in the complete sense .

Jesus Humbly reject such a title to be reserved for God alone .

But you wont see that , instead you start googling for agathos grin grin
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by dolphinheart(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Trinitarians generally look to analyze statements in the scriptures, with the view of using those analysis to support their beliefs. but most times when those analysis are reviewed, it does not surpport their beliefs(whichever version they come up with).
Jesus is a god, the scriptures tells us that. But it also tells us that jesus has a god that he has always been subjected to, always obeyed and has always been loyal , doing that ones will. That that god is the almighty god, the supreme lord.
That is why it is said that he never thought of grasping that opportunity to claim equality cus he knows that that god is superior to him.
When he came to earth, he made no direct statement that he is equal to that god and he even made sure that his disciples know who he is in relation to that god. He made them know that that god commanded him to come to earth, that everything he does, has learnt and the glory of his activity belongs to that god, so that all may know that that god, the father sent him and that the father is the only true god.

Even after his ressurection when he said that all authority has been given to him, he made sure that his disciples know that he still has a god . On ascension to heaven and in the presence of that god sitted on a throne, he was told to sit at the right hand of his god, he was given a name , he was made better than his companions, but he was not made equal to his god, cus even after everything was made subject to him, he was still subject to that god that made everything subject to him.

Many people had tried to formulate different reasons and formular on why jesus is equal to god, some even went as far as trying to mistranslate the scriptures or alter the scrolls when making copies. But jehovah keep showing there works out .

John 17: 1-3
These words spake Jesus, and
lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father,(his god) the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify theesadjesus is gods son) 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh,(the power jesus had over humans was giving to him, at a time he did not have such power) that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they(humans, you and me) might know thee(father) the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.(jesus was sent by someone superior to him).
Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by johnw74: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
The Watchtower says that the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and the physical resurrection of Christ are all false doctrines. Yet, the Watchtower says that if you read the Bible by itself, you will end up believing these doctrines. In other words, if you read the Bible by itself, then you will become a Trinitarian--believe that Jesus is God and believe that Jesus rose from the dead physically. Why is that? Could it be because the Bible teaches these things? So I ask the Jehovah's Witnesses, what is it in the Bible that would lead someone to this conclusion? Again, what is in the Bible that reading it by itself would lead you to believe in the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection?

This quote from the Watchtower is proof that it is teaching contrary to the natural reading of the Bible and that it is controlling the beliefs of those who follow it.

from article below
vvv

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by johnw74: 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
[size=14pt]Does the Watchtower say the Bible teaches the Trinity?[/size]

by Matt Slick

The Watchtower organization claims to be the Faithful and Discreet Slave spoken of in Matthew 24:45.

"We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization," (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981). (See the quote in context).
"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the 'greatly diversified wisdom of God' can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave," (Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1994, p. eight).

This Watchtower organization, the faithful and discreet slave, claims to be the means by which God communicates His truth to us in this world. Therefore, by deduction what the Watchtower says is truth. Alright, let's take a look at one quote from the Watchtower.

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude . . . They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago . . . ," (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1981, p. 29). (See the quote in context).

The Watchtower says that the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and the physical resurrection of Christ are all false doctrines. Yet, the Watchtower says that if you read the Bible by itself, you will end up believing these doctrines. In other words, if you read the Bible by itself, then you will become a Trinitarian--believe that Jesus is God and believe that Jesus rose from the dead physically. Why is that? Could it be because the Bible teaches these things? So I ask the Jehovah's Witnesses, what is it in the Bible that would lead someone to this conclusion? Again, what is in the Bible that reading it by itself would lead you to believe in the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection?

This quote from the Watchtower is proof that it is teaching contrary to the natural reading of the Bible and that it is controlling the beliefs of those who follow it.

https://carm.org/does-watchtower-say-bible-teaches-trinity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by johnw74: 12:31am On Nov 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

Jesus is a god,

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God[theos], and the Word was God(theos).
The Greek for "God", and "the Word" in that verse that the English word comes from is "theos"
John would not have used the same word "theos" for God and the Word in that short sentence, if the word "theos" had a diffrent meaning in one of the two instances, he would have used a diffrent word.
John used "theos"-God for God, and he used "theos"-God for the Word.
jw change one of them to "a god" to agree with their satanic teaching that "the Word" is not God.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? by Emusan(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2015
Jozzy4:
]Here is my statement once again , " the greek word in Luke 18:19 is /agathos/ which means good in the COMPLETE inherent sense .
"
[size=14pt]I deliberately insert " COMPLETE "[/size] to distinguish the usage of agathos at Luke 18:19

ONLY God is good in the complete sense .

Jesus Humbly reject such a title to be reserved for God alone .

But you wont see that , instead you start googling for agathos grin grin

Imaging the @bold statement and you can even proud of it. Devil doesn't have shame at all.

You DELIBERATELY ADDED it just to make it supported your lies whereas that's not the actual meaning of the word. so you have to give AGATHOS in LUKE 18 A SPECIAL MEANING different from the way the same word was used in other places, God is watching you!

I even went further to help your ignoramus by giving the meaning of the two words (with a strong established Greek Dictionary) but instead for you to accept your error you're still trying to justify this plain lie, in fact Kalos is more deeper in meaning than Agathos as we see above.

Since you can openly deny Jesus being COMPLETELY GOOD, it's only God who can help you.

Let me add this Jesus didn't deny being called Good in that verse but only asked the gentle man a question why do you call me good?

Jesus wants the man to give him reason why he called him good which is a method Jesus wants to use to lead him to salvation.

And the rest of their conversations show that the man didn't trust Jesus enough as the good man he called him if not the man would've sold ALL HIS BELONGING AND FOLLOWED JESUS IF HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT JESUS IS GOOD rather he left home sadden without supported his claim with fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout These 15 Hilarious Bible Memes / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Pope Francis Hosts Feathered Serpent God As Part Of Deity Exchange Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.