Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (45380 Views)

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home / Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / Zimbabwean Woman Living With 2 Husbands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by dopedealer(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
My dad never allows us to go and spend the hols with any body or anywhere. Instead people come to our house to stay and we all have great time together.
As kids we always wondered why, since cousins come why can't we go. But today I see reasons why and I can't stop thanking the man. GOD bless him for me..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by AfroKnight: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
The stories here are heartbreaking. I feel very angry and disgusted that women would treat girls like slaves. Heartbreaking stories.

The sad thing is that the daughters of these women will continue this vicious practice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
The finest gold comes through the hottest furnace. Godwin!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by smd837(m): 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
in short inside me, I'm crying. just be serious wt ur
life they wll come and beg u fr forgivness

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by iamkingzlee(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
life itself is sad cry why will one be this wicked

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
My Mum went through this too... But today she's a Happy and Strong woman.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by inze(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
sisisioge:
Yours is small o. I haven't been in a good relationship with my cousins no thanks to how my sis and I were treated way back then when we went to spend only three months with them to prepare for jamb. It was such inhumane treatment but we survived and came out with a lesson-treat people fairly. I can't stand to watch people being treated badly or instigate the act myself. Time passes, children grow, storms calm, we all have tomorrow in common if God will, so why create enmity... Thanks to her, I respect mankind. Mehn, that woman messed my sis and I up! Whew!

. . . word

thorpido:
MissAssy,try to see a professional counsellor.You need to have a session with one.

. . . everyone screaming see a counselor, the above poster went further to complicate issues by adding 'professional' to counselor (A counselor is a professional that gives counsel) and for the record, this is Nigeria and the eastern part of the country at that. 'for where you wan see counselor' grin

16 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by ejeh121(f): 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Dear God,pls let me be able to take good care of my kids,cos I don't think my heart can take such stories from my kids.

7 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by kunzaar83(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
MissAssy:
There are some experiences you don't wanna keep to yourself. Mine is what i experienced when i lived with my aunt and her children who are all older than me in 2006.Am gonna make this story as short as possible.Am not much of a writer so please bear with me and share your experiences too.

It started when i went for a vacation at their house in aba. I was 11yrs then and that made it easy for them to brainwash me with fake love using bleach and iron sponge. Well one day like that, my aunt gave me nd my cousin some chores to do and left for market, after i finished mine my cousin tried to cajole me to do hers so i refused but when she tried to drag me inside to beat me or something, my eyes hit the key lock.i thought i ws going to go blind because blood started gushing out of my left eye as if that was not enough she asked me to lie on how i got the accident and that was during the period of my vacation,i thought that was an accident and that such thing wont happen again cos they asked me to live with them which i agreed meanwhile my mom disagreed cos she was maltreated by her aunt when she was little on the other hand my dad agreed cos that is his sister. As time went on,they showed me their true colour.i go to school only 3times in a week except when we have exams.i do all the hard work in the house and they're never satisfied, as an 11yr old girl i fetch water with 25liters of gallon i bet that's why all my siblings are taller than me ,i wake up around 5 every morning to wash the plates, fetch water meanwhile i fetch water every night and the most painful part is that she have sons that can fetch water and am always late for school and am always the last to pay school fees, everyone knows me in school then, most of the time i wont eat breakfast before going to school and i will stay hungry till 4 with nothing in my tummy.i cry myself to sleep every night and they don't care, i hardly smile or laugh when am with them.school is my escape route cos i have a best friend then who buys things like food for me then and help pay for my textbooks then cos am always the last to pay for everything.If i ask her to give me money for a textbook worth 150 she will say she doesn't have meanwhile she will bring money in bundles and count in my presence our school then is a mixed school so i gained alot from boys,at a time our sp stopped punishing me for coming late.Her daughter sends me out at night to buy things for her and if i refuse i will get a beating.whenever my mum or dad visits me, they start treating me well and calling me by my short name which us Muanya instead of Chimuanya they usually blurt out.whenever they cook a new soup i will b the one to eat the old one and by the time i finish it, the new one will b old.when i was in jss2, my lil sis who was around 6 then came for a holiday so one day it rained so hard,u know aba nau with bad road and everything After the rain my aunt asked me to go and buy pepper so i bought dry pepper which they usually use, when i came back she asked me to go and change it that she needs fresh pepper so i told her that we have fresh pepper and she asked me to bring it, when i brought it, it turns out that the pepper has decayed with maggot the next thing i knew she poured the on my face and i didn't even know what i did to deserve that.i thought my heart was going to break,i couldn't even cry but when i turned and saw my lil sis crying, i couldn't hold back my own tears with my heart aching after i washed off the pepper on my face she still asked me to go and change the pepper and it was already dark then.These are just half of the things they did to me and the only thing i regret till now is never running away cos i know they would have alot to answer to everyone if i did.

Lalasticlala please push this for me
bt what. About the woman's husband? He never cautioned them? Its women that ussually have this type of horrible hearts? Thank God for Ūя̲̅ life, and I m sure in the future the wicked woman. And her children will cme to u. Looking for help, cz definately God that gave u the grace of passing 2ru such horrible experience will surely Make u great, just be be positive and continue living with a good heart, its well with u

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Setaje(f): 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Any man that married a woman that behaves like this, married a monster. Not to put the blame on only women. I must say op, your ordeal is still better imagined than being molested by uncles and male cousins. Just thank God and move ahead.

Whether na family member o or na house help, no human being should be treated anyhow. Especially when they are your guest. Why would u give a helper rotten food or dirty clothes. Just go to church and see how all this women treat their helpers. They always look unkempt. You will see difference between helper and child. On the order hand they might just be protecting their interest make Oga no go dey eye househelp.

Everybody should just be careful because u don't know where your own child will need help too.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by banio: 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sorry for ur sad past. Just know that it's only U that can make U happy. So build up a strong psychology and enjoy life
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
MissAssy:
There are some experiences you don't wanna keep to yourself. Mine is what i experienced when i lived with my aunt and her children who are all older than me in 2006.Am gonna make this story as short as possible.Am not much of a writer so please bear with me and share your experiences too.

It started when i went for a vacation at their house in aba. I was 11yrs then and that made it easy for them to brainwash me with fake love using bleach and iron sponge. Well one day like that, my aunt gave me nd my cousin some chores to do and left for market, after i finished mine my cousin tried to cajole me to do hers so i refused but when she tried to drag me inside to beat me or something, my eyes hit the key lock.i thought i ws going to go blind because blood started gushing out of my left eye as if that was not enough she asked me to lie on how i got the accident and that was during the period of my vacation,i thought that was an accident and that such thing wont happen again cos they asked me to live with them which i agreed meanwhile my mom disagreed cos she was maltreated by her aunt when she was little on the other hand my dad agreed cos that is his sister. As time went on,they showed me their true colour.i go to school only 3times in a week except when we have exams.i do all the hard work in the house and they're never satisfied, as an 11yr old girl i fetch water with 25liters of gallon i bet that's why all my siblings are taller than me ,i wake up around 5 every morning to wash the plates, fetch water meanwhile i fetch water every night and the most painful part is that she have sons that can fetch water and am always late for school and am always the last to pay school fees, everyone knows me in school then, most of the time i wont eat breakfast before going to school and i will stay hungry till 4 with nothing in my tummy.i cry myself to sleep every night and they don't care, i hardly smile or laugh when am with them.school is my escape route cos i have a best friend then who buys things like food for me then and help pay for my textbooks then cos am always the last to pay for everything.If i ask her to give me money for a textbook worth 150 she will say she doesn't have meanwhile she will bring money in bundles and count in my presence our school then is a mixed school so i gained alot from boys,at a time our sp stopped punishing me for coming late.Her daughter sends me out at night to buy things for her and if i refuse i will get a beating.whenever my mum or dad visits me, they start treating me well and calling me by my short name which us Muanya instead of Chimuanya they usually blurt out.whenever they cook a new soup i will b the one to eat the old one and by the time i finish it, the new one will b old.when i was in jss2, my lil sis who was around 6 then came for a holiday so one day it rained so hard,u know aba nau with bad road and everything After the rain my aunt asked me to go and buy pepper so i bought dry pepper which they usually use, when i came back she asked me to go and change it that she needs fresh pepper so i told her that we have fresh pepper and she asked me to bring it, when i brought it, it turns out that the pepper has decayed with maggot the next thing i knew she poured the on my face and i didn't even know what i did to deserve that.i thought my heart was going to break,i couldn't even cry but when i turned and saw my lil sis crying, i couldn't hold back my own tears with my heart aching after i washed off the pepper on my face she still asked me to go and change the pepper and it was already dark then.These are just half of the things they did to me and the only thing i regret till now is never running away cos i know they would have alot to answer to everyone if i did.

A coin is never a side... Always two sides

That's your own side of d story, I think I ll wait till I hear your aunt's side b4 I knw wat to say

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by idu1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
Women are wicked....

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Btruth: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
MissAssy:

They never leave me alone with them weneva they visit.
that is where western world is different from ours. You can still sue the Bleep out of them you know. They are all family from hell...damn! sad

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by somez(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Can u kindly add me uq on fb somy Maurice.
MissAssy:

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by NellyDiva1(f): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
I didnt actually go to live wit ma aunt but in the year 2010,i lost ma dad&ma waec was abt to start.so ma mum told me to stay wit one of ma aunt dat lives besides ma sch and dat was ma first tym of stayin in someone's house,d first 2 weeks was very swt but suddendly she changed.d day i went crazy was d day i was reading for ma chemistry exams,dis woman came out frm her ROOM around 12:30 in d nyt&saw me reading and eating biscuits,She started shouting b4 i could open ma mouth,she slapped me and pushed me outside.fear nearly killed me,i cried and cried to sleep and around 2,she woke me up and tld me to come in.d next day i finished ma exams,came home packed all ma stuff and told her i was going.she started begging me dat ma villa ppl will say she is wicked.i left.DURIN DECEMBER SHE CAME HOME FOR XAMS AND SHE AND HER HUSBAND WILL STAY IN MA FAMILY HOUSE FOR XMAS,CHAI SHE SEE RED.

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by daveP(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
This is one kinda experience that stirs up rage inside me. Not like i can do something to help all, but some humans are better tagged beasts.

Had a cousin that left hell's domain to live with us. The trauma of looking up to aunt's kids was affecting her that she was kneeling down to greet i and my bro. We were younger than her. She had this scary look. She later told her story and the anger on my dad's face was real. He ensured he got to the bottom of it. The woman's family were holding strategic position in their church.

MissAssy, you are stronghearted to come out of this intact and even prettier.

7 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by amdoyin82(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
It is everywhere my dear, just thank God u survived d storm. Forgive and forget so DAT Almighty God can forgive u of ur sins too.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
[size=15pt]When i was 5 years old, i used to bedwet once in a while. My uncle used to tell me to suck the urine out with my mouth and spit it outside till the bed was dry afterwards he would flog me.

He also used to say i ate too slow (five year old boy o) and so he will say if he finishes his food before me he will collect mine and eat it, guess what? he always won, he collects my food and finishes. I couldnt report him to my mum because i would eventually suffer it, he used to threaten..... I will never allow any of my kids spend one day in an extended family house, God forbid such.[/size]

16 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by porozhniy(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Although my own abuse was of a different kind, all the blacked out memories are coming back in HD. i just seek closure to move on.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
stayin wit a relative is lyk stayin in hell wit d devil ..reminds me of my days at esut as a fresher was stayin wit my sis then..buh d treatment shn gave me was harsh, i was only treatd wel d day her husband 2 be came visitin..last last i had 2 leave

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aspirebig: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
Aunt, Uncle, Cousin etc are even far relative, some saw hell while living with siblings from same parents.

Op, people have worst experiences o.

Thank God for today.

No wonder the bible says some friends are closer than a brother. Prov 18:24

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by ednut1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Woman maltreat maids and kids of thier own siblings. Witnessed it alot during childhood. Wicked souls no offence grin

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Lamexx(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sometime u go through certain experiences for a reason. Just try and understand that and be strong. I experienced something of that nature too but it only made me stronger and independent. Take care.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by OKUCHI11(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
well op your case is similar to mine ....in my own case I stayed with my aunt for ten years 2003- 2014 .....had to do house chores till late in the nite .....in some cases fetch water from 8- 11 in the night while she and her children are sleeping . ......sometimes I would yell GOD WHEN WILL THIS END. ButI am glad it has ended cos I am now pursuing my degree

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
women in the house are probably gonna hate me but the truth is this one way a woman shows how devilish women can be. I remember one of my own aunt who made me wash her daughter napkin covered with poo and not just once oo. on many occasions. I guess cos she dint want to do it and many more dat I just don't fill like saying. but the truth is women hate it when relatives come for vacation in their house most especially if it is the husband relatives. I have racked my brains many times to understand why they do that but I could not. I guess that's why I have always had the feeling that if my wife ever tries this kind of nonsense with any of my relatives most especially my siblings, hmm it's not going to be funny. op pray this experience only makes u stronger.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Junior66(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
This is the exact same thing my neighbor used to do that made my lawyer brother arrest her. She had to return the girl she was maltreating before she was let off the case. If i ever see somtin like this happenin, i am gona make it a big case whoever you are. The police, NGOs and other concerned federal agencies go hear the matter between you and i.

10 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
I lived with my eldest bro then, the wife is a devil and replica.
she made me to through hell. I was turned to a slave.
I left when I got admission to squat with a friend who is late now.

women are wicked being. once they are in control,they misuse it.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by stonecoldcafe: 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
MissAssy:

Why are you telling this story now? What is the lesson for your readers?
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by softandmoist(f): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sometimes I don't care to share this story, but I feel doing so will lessen the pain I feel with time. When I lost my dad my mom's younger sis told my mom that she wants to help me further my education. I was just out of secondary and had my baby.

I can't put down all that she did to me and the innocent baby boy.
Tell me to go to a neighbor's kiosk and collect tgings on credit, then lie to them that I misplaced the money and I will pay back. I did this so much the woman wanted to arrest me. When I asked her she told me that until I am covered by the earth like my father I should never ask her again.
She would insult my dad who wasn't even 2 weeks in the grave, call me a witch because soldier aunys entered the house.
She said I would never prosper, that no man would marry me, that my father ruined my mom's life and that how I'll end up. I can't forget, ever, even though I've forgiven her.
She'll beat me, force me to eat rubbish, as old as I was one day she just called my name and I peed on my body. It was that bad. I was like a mumu. Her baby that is just learning to talk will say I beat her, and she would beat me in return. She will tell me to feed her baby before my 9 month old baby. She said no one would imagine my son eating noodles in his life. Only pap, no milk. A growing baby.
Ah!
One day my sis came and saw me and wrote to my mom that if she doesn't come and take me away from there that she'll run away with me and she'll never find us again. That ended the episode. I forgave her.
When I was prepping for my wedding she started acting all friendly, said she knows someone who can make exotic aso oke outfits. We sent the money in August for a wedding that was to take place in December. Do you know as at Nov 30 not a single thread had been woven. I had to rush to agege to get emergency one made. She collected 70k for our 35k traditional wedding cake, told me it was 100k and she was paying for the balance.

I didn't do anything to this woman. I didn't ask to be related to her. The worst pain in my life comes from living with her. She would tell me to wash pad and reuse for menses, make me trek from Asa dam to post office.

I thank God for Me too. I have really disappointed her.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by softandmoist(f): 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Why are you telling this story now? What is the lesson for your readers?

That nothing lasts forever, and even the reign of terror will eventually end.

Pouring out these stuffs is an elixir.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
I can so much relate with the op,I was raised by my step mother and HELL is the word to describe it, we were quite a comfortable family but my dad was always travelling around,he was hardly ever at home,I had to wake up as early as 4am,and still I'd get to school maybe around 8:30am...i was always untidy and hungry,I had to care for her three kids, take them to school, wash their clothes....

It was just too much and it happened like that till I was in my teen years,everyone knew me as that girl who fetches water every day,in fact, I had a friend then who kept advising me to run away,I'm glad I did not,I got admission into the univers and that was how I escaped her,some years after,I got married and my hubby is always singing my praise and saying there's nothing his wife can't do,all those chores and tough life made me strong,I'm a great mother too and I've had maids and nanny and I've always treated them as family,I can't ever bring myself to maltreat anyone especially a child,just not fair.

Today,her kids holiday at my place and I'm ever so kind to them,but she is never able to look me in the eye,the guilt is just there,but I've forgiven her.that woman wicked no be small.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.