Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (45418 Views)

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home / Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / Zimbabwean Woman Living With 2 Husbands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

Am 20 now, my mom didn't give me away. She didn't even agree @first but my dad insisted and its not like they cant take care of us cos we are financially stable then but u knw my dad agreed cos she's his sister.

My dear pls do not make any excuses for them,to me any parents that fail to look after their child/children are not fit to be called parents,even an animal doesn't leave their cobs to some other animals.What you went through is called child abuse,not only by your aunt,but by yr mom too.

I hope you are in college now.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2015
euromilion:

Am sorry but,I had no pity on you,at 25 you allowed yrself in such a mess.

Imagine. People are talking of child abuse and a fully grown man is saying this?
@bummyla
I'm not watering down your experience bummyla but you HAD a choice. Some 25 year olds are married so what are you talking about?
If you had pride, you would have gone back to the village and started a farm or something. Upon all the suffering, its not like you got an oil job so what are we saying?

Believe me, I stayed with other family from 10 to 14 and it wasn't funny. That is the age range that should complain of not having a choice....In other words, kids. Not adults.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by porozhniy(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Amidst all this horrible experiences, i keeping wondering...where were the men of these households? e dey tear my mind to think these men weren't aware of the happenings in their household or they turned a blind eye to all of the abuses. As much as i would like to shout 'women are wicked' , i can't help but ask in a subdued voice...where were the men?

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by MrBLING(m): 10:02am On Oct 25, 2015
DICKtator:

Kindly don't quote me to type rubbish if you don't understand my modus operandi here.

You are forgiven though for your ignorance.

And for the records, I do not have to visit any relative because I stand on my own!!!

grin grin grin grin

Look here Mr, I will quote you till thy kingdom come as long as you keep spilling your vile filled insensitive vomit on this thread created by such a courageous kind hearted lady.

You surely have relatives as no one fell from the sky.

For being so hateful God will make you suffer so that you will become reliant on those your perceived none existent relatives and like I said may they reign a thousand misery more than OP on you.

Say a big AMEN!!!

If I call you sewer rat, then it's an insult on sewer rats themselves

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2015
Just this morning, my man's mum called me because I'm alone at home presently with him out of town to work and asked that why don't I want a small girl to stay with me? Instead of being lonely.

I was like; Ah, but you know I am rarely at home myself. Im at home weekends only.

Small girl ko, big girl ni. Me that I'm even an introvert. I can never be lonely even if im alone for 1 month.

I have a cleaning woman who comes weekends. That is what I'm comfortable with. Even though I'm planning on changing her, I've gotten another mature lady lined up. Because the first woman is not keeping to the terms we agreed on.

Even the cleaning woman testified I'm the first lady she's working for. She said she can't work for women, they are too wicked. She said she studied me well before agreeing to start the weekly cleaning. Just that I feel she's taking advantage of my magnanimity by not turning up most times and not calling.

I know I'm not the most chatty or the warmest of women. But I can never be wicked or inconsiderate.

God bless my mum. My home was always filled up with children and my mum would treat them just like her own. In fact when I got back from school one time, my mum had a little baby with her and she told me she gave birth to the girl. The way she was acting so lovingly to the baby, I actually believed her and was perplexed, so I'm no longer the only girl. Until the girls mum came to pick her up later in the evening. cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Mudorsis:
Such horrible treatments are meted out only to the calm and gentle ones..... My aunties or relatives cant try such with me. All of them dey fear my stubbornness and strong headedness then ... I no dey hear word na.... My relatives walk on egg shell while relating with me ... A na m anu ife?..lol

I was that kind of kid that you wont even like to live with because if you dont have strong heart, I can give you high blood pressure...lol.

On the other hand, my mum rarely allows me and my siblings to spend time or holidays in any relatives house. She is always afraid I might go there and cause trouble.... Anyway, I have mellowed down now..

@OP, just forgive and move on...such is life

Cooldown Mr Rambo,
We are not all Rambo,sometimes in life we've to go thru fire before the ocean,even Gold must go thru fire before it's preciousness is achieved.

People go to relatives for different reasons only known to them,sometimes only known to their parents.but to me any parents allowing their little girl to face such a dangerous world,doesn't earn my respect,if I have a gun I can shoot them.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Amya(f): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2015
In the year 2001, my parents decided to move to Abuja due to the numerous riots happening in Kaduna at the time. That same year, I was also to move up to a new class in my school, ss3. My parents wanted me to change to a new school in Abuja and finish up my secondary education but I refused because of all my friends I'd miss in school. So it was decided I stay with my aunt, a widow, and her 3 kids and only come home(abuja) for the holidays.

My aunty was stable financially, but my parents were doing much better financially. My mum stocked the woman's kitchen (amidst her complaints) and made sure my bank account was in such good stead that I'll never need anything from my aunt.

That was the worst one year of my life! Aside the fact that I had to do all the chores in the household, I was endlessly ridiculed non-stop by both her and children. They called me names. Called me a thief. Said I'd get pregnant and disgrace my mother. Anything that would drag me to depression, they did. One day, I was reading for my WAEC in the tiny sitting-room whose rug also happens to be my bed every night when they all ganged against me.
"what do you know you're reading sef!"
"what do you know?"
"you'll fail!"
"we are outside gisting and you're here reading? do you think you're better that us? come out jor!"
And they dragged me outside and made me the central theme of their mocking that night.

My self esteem dropped to an all time low. My only respite was school. I also made sure I enrolled in all out of school lesson that would keep me away from the house. she fed my mum lies about me and once, when my mum came to visit made her brutalise me while they watched and laughed, all for something I didn't do. I couldn't tell my mum because she's one of those tough stance women that believe strangers rather than their own children. Years later, when I told her, she still didn't believe.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bammo: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Atmmachine:

Sorry.
I don't play with kids.
But you are a KID

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by MrBLING(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2015
The common them here..

Emotional and physical abuse along with neglect of children in the hands of extended family who were entrusted with care and nurturance

Also most of the perpetrators are women!! Why our women folk?? Why do you dish out such treatment to children that are left in your care??

Btw was also a child victim to a female relative angry sad

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by stayceeL(f): 10:41am On Oct 25, 2015
I saw your pic and I went 'oh, dear'.. How could people be so cruel. I have never had such experience before so I wouldn't exactly know how it feels but no one deserves to b treated that way.. U turned out beautiful and strong, u should be proud. Seems the pepper made your face smooth and spotless. Just kidding dear. U are going to b a blessing, to your family and the world at large. Someday that wicked woman would see u and look for the nearest hole, her kids would seek your assistance. M so grateful u shared this story with us. God bless u superwoman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by LBTY(f): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2015
itsmine:
" ...will say it time and time again;
Women are one heartless creature!!! I only hope u don't grow to treat another kid like ur aunt did to you..."

Gbam!

Not just women my dear, men aswell. I have a Friend who willingly stayed with her brother and his family to look after their new born daughter since she wasn't working then (she'd tried applying but nothing was forthcoming). This brother of hers used to be somewhat close to her right before her decision to stay with them so it was to her surprise when after she stayed with the family for a month or there about, he flipped!. He would insult her at any given opportunity. He brought down her self esteem so much and he termed it 'tough love'. She couldn't tell their parents ofcourse. It was such a trying time for her. I know her not to be the lazy type, but the guy just was never pleased with what she did. One would have thought all that meanness was gonn be done by the sister in law, but she herself couldn't do much or say much or try to stop her husband than console the poor girl. That dear brother of hers destroyed her morales but now it has only pushed her to work for herself, though kinda messed up her idea of what an ideal family should be like and their relationship (brother and sister) is synonymous to nonexistent. But mentally, she's getting herself back gradually.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Sylver247: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2015
I no get strength to type my own experience cos its too long.

Buh all I can say is that our women shud be careful how they treat extended family members. I dont know why hatred, jealousy and wickedness is always the case when they see extended family. My eldest brothers wife till today doesnt allow the man do anything for our family, not even for my mum. She made sure my sister and I saw hell while staying with her, always stiring hatred in the mind of my brother against us.

I dont know why women are like that, they always start well but later turn into something else when they see the husband family members.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by stonecoldcafe: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2015
FOREXMART:

you're truly daft.
As you are.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by makizee(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2015
CecyAdrian:
Hmmmmm, where do I start 4rm. cry cry cry

All my life, I have always lived wit aunties y because my parents died when I was still a baby. I saw hell 4rm all of them. I have never had a real home to know how it is like. I was always on rotation among them. because of dat I went to 5 secondary schools.

I can relate to what Op and every 1 have shared here and more. Aftr my granddad died I got to know dat it was because of him they even housing me cos they all turned dia backs on me.

Presently I live wit an uncle whose wife is equally a devil's maid.

Am just saving money so I can move out and be in a house I can call mine.

Thank God you didn't succeed in your suicide attempt, i am really sorry for all you and others went through, i cannot begin to imagine the pain and anguish you all must have felt. i have never lived with relatives, i stayed with a family friend during NYSC though, i hardly spent a weekend there, i don run come Lagos, but they were really nice...almost too nice self, like i be one kind celebrity...well a bro from the family once stayed with us too and i grew up in a home where we had people stay with us and i can tell you non of those that stayed with us can ever say they were treated differently. My point is that there are good people in this world too, just that the evil ones makes all of us look bad...be strong

I used to cry to bed every 9t and pray 4 God to just kill me. I av attempted suicide twice.

Dis days I have a little hope 4 tomorrow and pray God ans my prayer soon
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2015
Sylver247:
I no get strength to type my own experience cos its too long.

Buh all I can say is that our women shud be careful how they treat extended family members. I dont know why hatred, jealousy and wickedness is always the case when they see extended family. My eldest brothers wife till today doesnt allow the man do anything for our family, not even for my mum. She made sure my sister and I saw hell while staying with her, always stiring hatred in the mind of my brother against us.

I dont know why women are like that, they always start well but later turn into something else when they see the husband family members.

It is not just women. Men also have the tendency, but greater with women.
I would advise everyone to please take care of their own kids than sending them to learn, help or holiday etc. Even if it's dry morsel you are eating in your house, it's better than the richest meal in another man's house. A word is enough for the wise...
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Eleganza33(f): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2015
Hahaha kia u no get mawt sha na,sum women just wicked so much,do u wana knw my own exprience,wateva she did my aunt dare nt anoys me she knws i do revenge.al dis was happening i was eleven then she was childles she wanted a child to live wit wen she told my parents[her husband was my dad cousin]my mum told me nt to go bc it was benin city wher piple believe to b ful of witch crafty,my family was living in aba.one day she sent me to uselu market so i lost #120 for elephant detergent wen i kem bk i told her she was sayin i sent d moni to my mama [kai 120 ooo to my mum who was far away in aba]she didnt punish me bt she told me to use hands nd wash my anus afta pooing witawt 1st cleaning wit paper as a child then i might nt wash my hands clean soon afta dat i fall sick she did nt wana treat me bc of 120 my uncle hardly notice cos he was busy wit work nd i didnt reali mind either cos i was afraid of drugs,as days goes by it bekem worst she took me to ubth where they admit me nd my mum came she was told i av toilet infection they gav me argumentin it made me pee blood they change anoda 1 ceftazidime it was this ceftazidime dat cost me my happines d injection av got a syd effect nd it hit me it made me bekem hard of hearing,i got hearing loss since then its almost 10yrs nw bt 1 cn neva knw unles told cos am active,i use it nd did al my schooling.jus thank God u didnt loose ur sight i av 4given her thou cos God have blessed me, my uncle is nt marid to her again he caught her cheating.
MissAssy:

I left in 2009 after my junior waec, then i saw what i missed when living with them cos my siblings were enjoying life while i was somewhere suffering.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by michealekene(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

I thank God i survived those horrible three years of my life, i remember one time like that my mum visited me, when it ws time for her to leave i started crying that i want to follow her bt she advised me to stay that it was only a matter of time before she will come back and take me with her and she was crying too.

u v a good heart,....it's never easy to cope such things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by activelyA(f): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Owliver:
This stories made me sad...... if it were me i'll go back 15years time and KILL THEM ALL. i will show no mercy

i will take a knife and pierce them through their throats one after the other.

if any of them still moves i will get a pistol and shoot the knee caps

if there is any sign of life in their miserable bodies i will take petrol and light them up in flames

and while they are burning i will sit and make sure they burn properly

after that i will ask my ever loving God for forgiveness

For this your comment alone, the ever loving God will hold you accountable...

This just shows that you are in no way different from those you are burning, you only were at their mercy and lacked opportunity. If you had the opportunity, you comment shows you will do worst.

And as for you last statement, not all are given the opportunity to explain and ask for forgiveness after a wicked act. God isn't foolish, He is a consuming fire . .. ask Annaias and Safira, Dathan and Abiram, pharoah. Etc

So please clear that mentality from your head brotherly...if I use a sharp knife to cut you and I throwaway the knife, that doesn't mean you will stop bleading.

God forgives us for our sins but that doesn't mean we won't bear the consequences and the scar it brings,

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Owliver(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
activelyA:

For this your comment alone, the ever loving God will hold you accountable...

This just shows that you are in no way different from those you are burning, you only were at their mercy and lacked opportunity. If you had the opportunity, you comment shows you will do worst.

And as for you last statement, not all are given the opportunity to explain and ask for forgiveness after a wicked act. God isn't foolish, He is a consuming fire . .. ask Annaias and Safira, Dathan and Abiram, pharoah. Etc

So please clear that mentality from your head brotherly...if I use a sharp knife to cut you and I throwaway the knife, that doesn't mean you will stop bleading.

God forgives us for our sins but that doesn't mean we won't bear the consequences and the scar it brings,
why would you assume if i had the opportunity i would do worse? do you even know me? one thing about me is I HARDLY FORGIVE. but God forgives. he is a loving father. have a nice sunday

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by activelyA(f): 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Owliver:
why would you assume if i had the opportunity i would do worse? do you even know me? one thing about me is I HARDLY FORGIVE. but God forgives. he is a loving father. have a nice sunday
How could you to all those things you mentioned earlier to a fellow human...
Haba!!!
I am not justifying these wicked people and offenders but for you to say you will do all that to them is just.. .

Happy sunday to you too
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

the story is kinda over cos i dnt live with them anymore.
How is your relationship with them today?
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Owliver(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
activelyA:

How could you to all those things you mentioned earlier to a fellow human...
Haba!!!
I am not justifying these wicked people and offenders but for you to say you will do all that to them is just.. .

Happy sunday to you too
let God be the judge
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by DICKtator: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
MrBLING:
The common them here..

Emotional and physical abuse along with neglect of children in the hands of extended family who were entrusted with care and nurturance

Also most of the perpetrators are women!! Why our women folk?? Why do you dish out such treatment to children that are left in your care??

Btw was also a child victim to a female relative angry sad

OK.

Now I understand!!!. Some people can't move on from their past and it is obviously affecting their present!!

So unfortunate because those that committed such atrocities have moved on and probably healed while some of the victims are still seething in rage

And holding on to a past that they can't change and if they could,they have refused to.

Only if they would move on and see the sunny side of it,maybe that is when their true healing would manifest!!!!

It is just funny when they feel such affliction should befall others because they went through it.lmao!!!!!!

Life is not fair,the earlier one knows ,the better!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by anumide(f): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
CecyAdrian:
Hmmmmm, where do I start 4rm. cry cry cry

All my life, I have always lived wit aunties y because my parents died when I was still a baby. I saw hell 4rm all of them. I have never had a real home to know how it is like. I was always on rotation among them. because of dat I went to 5 secondary schools.

I can relate to what Op and every 1 have shared here and more. Aftr my granddad died I got to know dat it was because of him they even housing me cos they all turned dia backs on me.

Presently I live wit an uncle whose wife is equally a devil's maid.

Am just saving money so I can move out and be in a house I can call mine.

I used to cry to bed every 9t and pray 4 God to just kill me. I av attempted suicide twice.

Dis days I have a little hope 4 tomorrow and pray God ans my prayer soon
I hear stories like yours everyday, and they break my already fragile heart.
truth is, life isn't Fair but the good news is, you can emerge a winner. you cannot afford to fail, you cannot afford to lose. that's what suicide will make you: a loser who couldn't fight to finish.
sweets I need your story to end well, so that millions of orphans can read it and have hope. just take one day at a time, fight, hold your head high and smile. it is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by MrBLING(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
DICKtator:

OK.

Now I understand!!!. Some people can't move on from their past and it is obviously affecting their present!!

So unfortunate because those that committed such atrocities have moved on and probably healed while some of the victims are still seething in rage

And holding on to a past that they can't change and if they could,they have refused to.

Only if they would move on and see the sunny side of it,maybe that is when their true healing would manifest!!!!

It is just funny when they feel such affliction should befall others because they went through it.lmao!!!!!!

Life is not fair,the earlier one knows ,the better!!!

grin grin grin grin

Please who understand gibberish should interpret in English please.

You have an antecedent of writing filth on threads seeking attention. You fail to comprehend that there are some topics that should be off limit to children.

Everyone has trauma from their past. Closure means forgiveness but not necessarily forgetting. You remember in order to learn from the experience and use it to mentor others passing through similar.

However for your kinds, with sub i.diotic IQ and mouths/fingers moving faster than their pea sized brains this is another thread to comment nonsense

Ode!!!

10 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by isacolukay(m): 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oyind17:

OK, forgive them and move on

Forgive wetin! God will not forgive you for forgiving them.

By the way, MissAssy, u b fine gal!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by DICKtator: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
MrBLING:

Please who understand gibberish should interpret in English please.

You have an antecedent of writing filth on threads seeking attention. You fail to comprehend that there are some topics that should be off limit to children.

Everyone has trauma from their past. Closure means forgiveness but not necessarily forgetting. You remember in order to learn from the experience and use it to mentor others passing through similar.

However for your kinds, with sub i.diotic IQ and mouths/fingers moving faster than their pea sized brains this is another thread to comment nonsense

Ode!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by stanvesco(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
porozhniy:
Amidst all this horrible experiences, i keeping wondering...where were the men of these households? e dey tear my mind to think these men weren't aware of the happenings in their household or they turned a blind eye to all of the abuses. As much as i would like to shout 'women are wicked' , i can't help but ask in a subdued voice...where were the men?
d men don talk tire,
I pray 4 a God fearing,people loving,
sensible wife,
i pray 4 u luwiluwi,
kai,
i fit kill my wife with hand if she turns out to be a bad woman

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Adortem: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
project7:
You never know with women. -- James Hardley Chase

I payed a visit to an uncle. Stayed too late to return home. Left very early the next morning because I had to get home change and resume work by 7am.

Later I started hearing stories from extended family members that I stayed at my uncles place and refuse to sweep the house in the morning. The woman was complaining that I left the house without doing anything.

What is it with africans and slavery?
Please ask them o o,one Aunty did that to me,after working so hard till my body aches,she ended up telling my brother and my brother told my mum that I didn't do anything. I was so angry that I vowed that I would not go there again unless its extremely necessary,and I must have something doing,then leave! Not to mention that that my Aunty's son is like 10 years can't even hold a broom,talkless of sweeping...most of them raise very lazy kids

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by MrBLING(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin

Give up these repetitively boring funny faces and just disappear from here to joke section where you belong
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
iamkingzlee:
damn!!! shocked you went through all of this shocked I salute your ability to endure..
It Was Just GOD Alone! He Did Not Allow Me To Give Up On Him! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bummyla(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
aameyah:

How could you say you didn't have a choice? At 25?
You fuk up! Even those pastors self!!

Pray You Don't Find Yourself In A Situation Where It Seems All Hopes Are Lost! Where It Seems Heaven Is Shut Against You! But Thank GOD Something Beautiful Came Out Of It! I Became BORN AGAIN! http://www.bummyla.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.