Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us (4797 Views)

Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics / Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by nicerichard05: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
It's Been a tiring day for me at work, and As usual before sleeping I always come to NL to get info and also laugh out the day's stress. I Came across and interesting topic "My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative" https://www.nairaland.com/2687525/horrible-experience-when-living-relative/2.

I wish to say here that mine was an opposite of that story, almost all my cousins and relatives maltreated us in our fathers house.

At a very young age I lost my mom and before she died she and my dad were already separated (unreconciliation differences) buh we the kids were with my father (6 of us) but my mom will always come to visit after work, check up on us and then go.

My father was a top Civil Servant then and I had 2 elder brothers who were much older than us. We started with house maid, they will come and after a while they will go, mayb Becos of the fact that they couldn't upgrade to become "madam" in the house. Lol. It got to a point my father decided to bring relatives to the house to look after us (4 of us). We had series of older cousins and auntie's that came to the house, some will come, get pregnant and den return to the village.

There are 2 I will never forget. One that had 3kids with her ex husband, she gave us the maltreatment of our life's. After cooking she will dish my father's own, her own and then add water to the soup b4 serving us, it was that bad, we only ate rice on Sundays when we had a bag of rice at home, she would pack the Raw rice, give to her village frnds who were in the city then. We ate Eba in the morning before going to school when we had provisions o (kie we suffer sha,), the 4 of us will share one tail of fish sad she wouldn't even allow us use sugar to even drink garri when ever we wanted to, meanwhile she uses sugar on her beans, The provision were inside her room. My father normally travel almost every weekend and when leaving he would share 20naira for us back then, this my old cousin would take 10naira from each of us and give us the balance. Money for House up keep was been used for hair and nails. She would even bring men to the house to lash her sef. This went on for years before she now got pregnant for my father's tailor and my father had to send her away to the man.

To make matters worse another of our cousin came after she left hoping that things would change buhh rather it became worse. She wouldn't allow us iron our uniform, we were nt allowed to wash our uniform during the week cos we had 2pairs, she kept the flogging rolling in, lies to my dad sometimes when he comes back frm work and popsi will still flog us cos his greatest fear was that we should not be wayward. My father train her in the university, she graduated. And then she left after nysc. We couldn't report To our dad cos he was a strict person and secondly he was the type that doesn't want his children to be spoilt (wayward). Until around 2001 when my father took a new wife and we had a mother again.

My step mum is the coolest step mum on earth (even though she nt perfect), since then till now, she has been the best.

The first cousin that got pregnant is somewhere suffering now, the man took the child and sent her parking from the hse he rented for her. she can't even step her foot in our house cos of the shame cos everybody thought we were going to be wayward cos we had no mum.

The second one got married to an old man cos she was already clocking 35yrs without a man, nd moved to SA buh claim she is in Canada, she calls my dad with +27 and she can't add us up on FB cos we have mood on in life, we are all graduates and living a good life.

The fact is that even. In ur fathers house you can still be maltreated, just pray you don't fall in the wrng hands.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by chocolateme(f): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Such is life
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by yogun(f): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by uncleUPRIGHT: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2015
Familiarity breeds contempt
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2015
cool
was never maltreated by any housemaid, aunties or relatives. One of my auntie wanted to show herself that year but I put her back on track sharply. They can't even try bullshiite, was way too stubborn and troublesome to be tamed
I don't mind setting her full box of clothes on fire if she dares! Adighi m ashi. Wasn't really a "stable " child when I was younger, so everybody gats to calm the fuccck down and recite the rosaries for my sake.

8 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by flyca: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Following
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by nicerichard05: 6:40am On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:
cool
was never maltreated by any housemaid, aunties or relatives. One of my auntie wanted to show herself that year but I put her back on track sharply. They can't even try bullshiite, was way too stubborn and troublesome to be tamed
I don't mind setting her full box of clothes on fire if she dares! Adighi m ashi. Wasn't really a "stable " child when I was younger, so everybody gats to calm the fuccck down and recite the rosaries for my sake.

Then we were still small, less dan 15yrss old, and they were very matured o as in matured
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by bomasek(m): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2015
I don't even come 4rm a large family,so no one gonna spend time with me and my family.

Neither will I send my kids to spend time with no one by God's grace.
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2015
nicerichard05:

Then we were still small, less dan 15yrss old, and they were very matured o as in matured

Lol.
I'm not even up to 8 when my mom dey carry me go one evangelical mission or the other for "deliverance" .So you can imagine who they will blame if i set a full
l box of clothes on fire.Its either "mmuo nmiri","agbanje" takes the full blame.So I hardly I have grudges with anybody, them dey give me chance.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by nicerichard05: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lol.
I'm not even up to 8 when my mom dey carry me go one evangelical mission or the other for "deliverance" .So you can imagine who they will blame if i set a full
l box of clothes on fire.Its either "mmuo nmiri","agbanje" takes the full blame.So I hardly I have grudges with anybody, them dey give me chance.

Heheheh, ur own sstrong o. Buh then sha if we try such, then be ready to be flogged cos my popsi nor dey tak nonsense, he believes adults are always write. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by nicerichard05: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2015
bomasek:
I don't even come 4rm a large family,so no one gonna spend time with me and my family.

Neither will I send my kids to spend time with no one by God's grace.

That's gud, buh u hav to understand that it's not about spending time with others, even. In their own father's house they can be maltreated.
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2015
nicerichard05:

Heheheh, ur own sstrong o. Buh then sha if we try such, then be ready to be flogged cos my popsi nor dey tak nonsense, he believes adults are always write. Lol

Your dad is as tough as mine?
My dad was even worse . Someone we feared till our university days.My dad no dey use cane, na three mouth koboko. If he flog you from front e go land for your back!
Sometimes na blow and slap, see upon all the gragra, e born pikin wey stubborn like am.If he beat me the one wey I no fit bear, I run comot from house.

Even as child, I can know rights! I have this notion at that age about what I'm even living for sef, I don tire for life'' and this thought makes me do very life threatening stunts like playing with naked wires or plunged boiling rings.It was quite disturbing, so if you like flog me, I must do my own back.I can revenge m weda your my parents or not, I must do my own back ooo!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by bomasek(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2015
nicerichard05:

That's gud, buh u hav to understand that it's not about spending time with others, even. In their own father's house they can be maltreated.
I understand Boss,what I mean is I won't expose my kids to such maltreatment @in their formative years in my house. If there's no genuine reason y relatives should stay beyond a month or two,I won't create room for such.
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by naijaboiy: 8:37am On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:
cool
exactly o! grin

Them go just dey maltreat all these calm kids anyhow. My Stubbornness no go let them try that one with me. I dey speak up when anything wey I nor like happen. grin

Even when my aunt that I only went to spend a short holiday at her house because of exam wanted to start trying to do some funny things with me,I no waste time,i carry myself come my papa house with my own money.

no time for all these yeye wicked relatives.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:

My dad was even worse . Someone we feared till our university days.My dad no dey use cane, na three mouth koboko. If he flog you from front e go land for your back!
Sometimes na blow and slap, see upon all the gragra, e born pikin wey stubborn like am.If he beat me the one wey I no fit bear, I run comot from house.

Even as child, I can know rights! I have this notion at that age about what I'm even living for sef, I don tire for life'' and this thought makes me do very life threatening stunts like playing with naked wires or plunged boiling rings.It was quite disturbing, so if you like flog me, I must do my own back.I can revenge m weda your my parents or not, I must do my own back ooo!

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by blessedfavoured: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Lol you have to be really gentle to allow anyone maltreat you in your father's house.

I remember when I was like 13 and my mum traveled for a course, so she was away for two years. My dad's cousin (female) came to stay with us.

Everytime my mum sends clothes, she'll hide some and bring out a few. The first time she hid part of my first bra cheesy, I let it go. (She has a sister that's my age)

The second time she tried that, my sister and I went to where she hid the clothes and accessories and wore part of the clothes, she came back and noticed us wearing the clothes she hid. And she goes "who told you to take the clothes bla bla, and I replied her, I saw my name and my sister's name on it so we know it was ours, we thought you forgot to give it to us" the look on her face was priceless.

So many other things she tried, but we didn't even let her start before we stopped her. She left herself.

My dad's nephew too that came that time, everytime I go into the bathroom, and I come back into my room, he would have balanced on my bed. And I'm like thinking, dude can't you tell I need to dress up. I'll just take my clothes and dress up in the bathroom, the third time it happened, I just screamed at him, didn't care that he was way older, told him to get his stinking perverted self out of my room and give me my privacy. Of course I started to get rude to him even in the presence of my dad, and he could never scold me even when dad is telling me off for being rude.

Maybe if I wasn't as brave, I'd have been abused by my older cousin.

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Awoofawo(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:

You this girl.....can now understand you.....somehow,and where your no non sense stance comes from......gringringrincheesycheesycheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by blessedfavoured: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Xx
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by blessedfavoured: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Xx
naijaboiy:

exactly o! grin

Them go just dey maltreat all these calm kids anyhow. My Stubbornness no go let them try that one with me. I dey speak up when anything wey I nor like happen. grin

Even when my aunt that I only went to spend a short holiday at her house because of exam wanted to start trying to do some funny things with me,I no waste time,i carry myself come my papa house with my own money.

no time for all these yeye wicked relatives.

Exactly only "calm" kids. Funny thing is we (my sis and I) are usually very quiet; good children type thing. So people always think we can be bullied. Most times when we fight back, they're usually shocked that we can be like that and wondering where it came from.
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by shona2487(f): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2015
Hahaahahahahahaha grin
EggovinMma:
cool
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by nicerichard05: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2015
blessedfavoured:
Lol you have to be really gentle to allow anyone maltreat you in your father's house.

I remember when I was like 13 and my mum traveled for a course, so she was away for two years. My dad's cousin (female) came to stay with us.

Everytime my mum sends clothes, she'll hide some and bring out a few. The first time she hid part of my first bra cheesy, I let it go. (She has a sister that's my age)

The second time she tried that, my sister and I went to where she hid the clothes and accessories and wore part of the clothes, she came back and noticed us wearing the clothes she hid. And she goes "who told you to take the clothes bla bla, and I replied her, I saw my name and my sister's name on it so we know it was ours, we thought you forgot to give it to us" the look on her face was priceless.

So many other things she tried, but we didn't even let her start before we stopped her. She left herself.

My dad's nephew too that came that time, everytime I go into the bathroom, and I come back into my room, he would have balanced on my bed. And I'm like thinking, dude can't you tell I need to dress up. I'll just take my clothes and dress up in the bathroom, the third time it happened, I just screamed at him, didn't care that he was way older, told him to get his stinking perverted self out of my room and give me my privacy. Of course I started to get rude to him even in the presence of my dad, and he could never scold me even when dad is telling me off for being rude.

Maybe if I wasn't as brave, I'd have been abused by my older cousin.

Seriously we were calm and the fear of our father was the beginning of wisdom. Lolz cos even if u report, e wil stil flog u for talking back at your senior. Lolz

Buh thank God its all over now and sometimes we use to mak joke with him like "where all dose pipo wen u pay sch fees for now" shey na we be ur paddy nw, if headache hold u, u don call us, cos he is quiet old now. Lolz

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Reading and hearing about all this kind of stories make me understand better when my mum used to say "all of una go stay with me for this house,ma me born una,even if na garri we see we go chop am together"

I never experienced anything like this,maybe because of the kind of relationship we had with our relatives
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by LewsTherin: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2015
My folks took care of and trained so many of our relatives. There was a time we were 22 living in a 4 bedroom duplex even though my parents had just 4 of us. Uncles, aunts, cousins, helps... I mean it could be mad house there.

With so many people to take care of in the depth of Babangida's SAP, it was little wonder my folks spent most of their lives hustling to provide for us all. Ergo, I have precious little personal relations with my parents. It's almost business like now.

So what's the situation today? I live with my Lady and kid ONLY. No help, no family. My hospitality expires in 2 weeks max and that's for my mother in-law only. Everyone else has 3 days to move. I'm not gonna put my kid thru the same kinda situation I grew up in. Neither am I going to let anyone use their makossa to spoil my husband - and- wife blues

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2015
I am naturally a quiet n dangerous person, will always carry out what is on my mind against all odd.... Had some few bad relative/neighbour experiences.. Had to b practically taken to a deliverance session several times cos of my thirst for vengeance, u can't step on my tail n go unhurt dat year evn tho I am so cool.... Till date I remain a cool easy going smiling face tolerant Lion... I am generally not gud @ exchanging word sha n it pains me...
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by drss(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
EggovinMma:
cool
ehe stuborn girl cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
LewsTherin:
My folks took care of and trained so many of our relatives. There was a time we were 22 living in a 4 bedroom duplex even though my parents had just 4 of us. Uncles, aunts, cousins, helps... I mean it could be mad house there.

With so many people to take care of in the depth of Babangida's SAP, it was little wonder my folks spent most of their lives hustling to provide for us all. Ergo, I have precious little personal relations with my parents. It's almost business like now.

So what's the situation today? I live with my Lady and kid ONLY. No help, no family. My hospitality expires in 2 weeks max and that's for my mother in-law only. Everyone else has 3 days to move. I'm not gonna put my kid thru the same kinda situation I grew up in. Neither am I going to let anyone use their makossa to spoil my husband - and- wife blues

Why do I think the bolded is the major reason grin
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by LewsTherin: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Why do I think the bolded is the major reason grin

Can there be a nobler reason? grin cool
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
LewsTherin:

Can there be a nobler reason? grin cool

wink cool
Re: My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us by Stillfire: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
nicerichard05:

Seriously we were calm and the fear of our father was the beginning of wisdom. Lolz cos even if u report, e wil stil flog u for talking back at your senior. Lolz
Buh thank God its all over now and sometimes we use to mak joke with him like "where all dose pipo wen u pay sch fees for now" shey na we be ur paddy nw, if headache hold u, u don call us, cos he is quiet old now. Lolz

The thing this 'respect' thing will cause in Africa. shocked

EggovinMma:

Lollllll! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Tired Of Been A "Mummy's Girl"!! / Mistakes Married Women Makes In Bed!!!(photo) / Should I Introduce My Son To His Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.