Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards (26249 Views)

China-Bound Nigerian Arrested With 130ATM Cards Hidden In Noodles (pic) / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by HungerBAD: 4:03am On Oct 25, 2015
“We arrested Nweke Pauline Osita with 65 debit cards and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi with twenty-four (24) debit cards during screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight to China,” the statement quoted chairman of NDLEA Ahmadu Giade as saying.

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested two suspects in connection with smuggling of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cards through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

A statement by the NDLEA’s spokesman Ofoyeju Mitchell said Nweke Pauline Osita, 40 years old and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi, 41 years old were arrested at the weekend with ATM cards of different banks.

“We arrested Nweke Pauline Osita with 65 debit cards and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi with twenty-four (24) debit cards during screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight to China,” the statement quoted chairman of NDLEA Ahmadu Giade as saying.

Giade said that the suspects conspired with others to evade scrutiny from government agencies by opening various bank accounts with the aim of using the debit cards for daily withdrawals abroad.

The director of Assets and Financial Investigation of the agency, Mrs. Victoria Egbase said that the statements of the suspects had been taken under caution and that preliminary investigation points to the fact that the various bank accounts were opened to facilitate withdrawal of money outside the country.

Nweke Pauline Osita, an Onitsha based trader who was caught with 65 debit cards said that the cards belong to friends and business partners.
“I am a trader. I sell men clothes at Onitsha. I was on my way to China to buy goods when NDLEA officers arrested me with 65 debit cards. The cards belong to my friends, relatives and business partners” Nweke stated. He hails from Enugu State and married with two children.

The second suspect, Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi who has a boutique at Aba, Abia State was found in possession of 24 debit cards. The NDLEA chairman has directed that the suspects be transferred to the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) for further Investigation.

Recently, officials of the NDLEA had arrested a trader, Udeh Onuora Pascal who was travelling to China with 108 debit cards. “The arrests is an indication that smuggling of debit cards abroad is one of the latest money laundering techniques employed to evade financial regulations,” the NDLEA said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ndlea-arrests-2-china-bound-passengers-with-89-debit-cards/116291.html

Seun,Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by ladyF(f): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Hian!!!! Fear God!!! shocked

#My#Opinion grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Luvdmx(m): 4:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Maybe they are card collectors.. grin

Say no to fast money. The worst part of it is that most of this coward's are supposed graduate.

Channel your energy into something positive and legit.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by divinehand2003(m): 4:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Corruption is assuming very incredible forms. Man must get rich by all means or die trying. But what shall it profit the man even if he gains the whole world but suffers in kirikiri prison?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Aufbauh(m): 5:10am On Oct 25, 2015
B R E A K I N G : finally @Chukwudi44 of nairaland has been arrested by the operatives of NDLEA?
ATM cards found with him may not be unconnected to account holders of some Nigerian top politicians been accused of money laundry, false assets declarations and electoral fraud.

Details of report coming soon.....................................

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by madridguy(m): 5:24am On Oct 25, 2015
Oga oo
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by echobee(f): 5:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm! Na wa ooooooo angry
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by jamex93(m): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2015
see ppl cards ooo

after dem go say dem no dey sin
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by tunde1200(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Nweke Pauline Osita, 40 years old and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi, 41 years old were arrested at the weekend with ATM cards of different banks.

ALWAYS THEM!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
“We arrested Nweke Pauline Osita with 65 debit cards and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi with
twenty-four (24) debit cards

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by ijustdey: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
when drugs doesn't pay them.........

they are now resorting to debit card fraud

13 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by oekehinde: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Good.
Remove excess fat from the tummy, arm or thigh within 9 days using our natural weight reduction therapy called CLEAN 9.
For more info, click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2672599/natural-method-loosing-excess-weight
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by hyfr(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Is only an igbo man that will have the heart to take such a risk. Those set of people are bold and courageous tho. Maybe that's why they're making it.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by helphelp: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Choi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Demmocrats(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
wink What if at the end there story checks out.

What if at the end the traders gave them those ATM to help them buy stuffs in China.

Have any of you guys done wire transfer from one bank to another and know the percentage you pay those banks.

Those traders might want to bypass that but it would have been better if they all transferred there money in one account with one ATM assigned to the account.

14 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by steph2sweet(f): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmm
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Adesiji77: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Say "No" to name-checking.... lipsrsealed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by pretydiva(f): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
D world is indeed coming 2 an end undecided
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Name Checkers.
Food is ready.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by johnshagb(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
The most hard working tribe from the eastern part of the zoo.
Chukwu okike abiama bless them even as they usher them into kirikiri... Isee

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by naijapips02: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
New yahoo format.

Trust biafrans to always discover new schemes. Lazy mofos.

12 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Here to check names

Confirmed! I'm awt! tongue

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by steph2sweet(f): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
j1mmy:
IGBO IGBO IGBO....
Nigeria and African's number one criminals!
Mr can you stop being a tribal bigot for once. You are shouting ibo as if you are a saint.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by wristbangle: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
j1mmy:
IGBO IGBO IGBO....

grin

I was expecting a comment like this

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by ifyalways(f): 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
No, I don't think this is money laundering.

The government is frustrating genuine business men and making them look like criminals with some of their money transfer/ CBN limitations, honestly.

33 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by phlemzy: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Chai!!! Not again! Interswitch/Quickteller/Verve/Visa/MasterCard and others should up their game o. These our brothers are not smiling o. Debit Card fraud is not the substitute to hard drug delivery runs. I hope the situation closely monitored before we'll start getting debirvalerts for what we did not buy from Chinese online stores.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by mployer(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
When CBN Will not allow You Transfer money through normal process.

What do You expect?

16 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
modified. Thanks to those nigga that stole my 2 months old phone, God will reward u abundantely. If u have an affordable android phone for sale. qoute me pls, am @offa, Kwara
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Adaowerri111: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
umu Biafra, nwayo bu ije

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by hyfr(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
j1mmy:
IGBO IGBO IGBO....
hope you didn't forget: recently an igbo girl won MBGN queen right? An igbo girl was also the former queen right? An igbo girl bagged highest degrees from uniben medical department right? Igbo guys built a mini bus at unizik right? OGA SWERVE >>>>>>>>>

22 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by missyadorable(f): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Immediately I saw NDLEA,i suspected the culprits will be Yeebos

I came to check and behold,I wasn't disappointed

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Strangles Wife To Death, Throws Body Into Lagoon / NDLEA Confirms Presence At De General’s House, Says Drugs Were Recovered / 3 Car Snatchers Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.