Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? (10204 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by buzquet(m): 6:49am On Oct 25, 2015
Why do people go to church? What are the motives/reasons for people going to church?
I think it's just for social reasons... any other ideas And do you all think that church is just about politics and money

My Own Answer

I believe personally( I can only speak for myself i dont know or want to judge anyone elses hearts) - I go becuase- 1st God told me to, (Hebrews-KJV) -2- I want to, God has given a gift to me that no man can ever buy or make, I am a pardened prisoner who is walking now in liberty, God tells me to be a man after his heart, a leader of my home and a good father, in that, He tells me to love my family and wife as He loved the church. In hebrew the word we have translated into "chuch" actually meant-"assemble". 3- the love of God and lost souls, not only does that make me want to tell everyone of my Savior, but it makes me want to follow Gods rules, part of that is to be in a place where I can worship, praise and draw closer to my God under a pastor that is the man God wants him to be.

Whats are your own reasons?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by DEXTROVERT: 6:50am On Oct 25, 2015
To see her, cos she wants to meet me...it's mutual

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by alonzoiv(m): 6:52am On Oct 25, 2015
To hear what God has to say to me through the mouth of His servant and because The Bible said we should not forsake the gathering of brethren.

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Jayson504(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2015
To pray because prayer is the KEY!! grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Bambless1(m): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2015
I Dunno
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2015
My mom, she won't let me rest. I attend once in a while to keep mind at rest.

I've lost faith in church meetings a very long time ago. I'll rather be a Budhist monk.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2015
I go to church to steal things. Last week Sunday, I went to my church car park and was able to to successfully steal all the tires on one parked Range Rover Sport.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by LieDetector(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2015
grin

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by CountDracula(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2015
This question has been asked so many tyms on nairaland dat its bcome absurd.

Hw many tyms do I have to tell u, I go to church to show off my dance moves.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2015
to charge my phone,and sight the next girl to woo.

*have seen her,op,later*.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by greatestboss(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2015
I don't go to church undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by dake40(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Its really sad that Most people don't understand why they go to church!...

Being religious is far different from being spiritual..the former is narrow in contextual meaning while the latter is wider in significance!

Ninian Smart a Religious scholar has broken what constitutes religion

He coined it as the "9 Dimensions of religion"

I will list 3 most Important of all

They include

1. Ethical dimension
Simply put, religion makes you more ethical, that is, it teaches you what to do and what not to do.. It serves as a code of conduct

Social Dimension

As the name implies 'social"..religion help to socialize with new people,, "this is a key reason some people go to church today....perhaps to seek help from members who are superior.
This Dimension also entails Dancing,singing in the presence Of God.,E.t.c

Mythical Dimension (from the word Myth)

This simply means "finding meaning to why we are here on Earth, who we really are and our purposes on Earth...its really shameful most religious practices look down on this Dimension in disdain...

Being religious does not mean you are spiritual

If you are the type that patronize church for Miracle then you belong to the religious group

Attributes of Religiousity (which I term Appearance)

1, Regular church attendance

2, Church membership

3, Fasting and prayer

4,Giving help to the needy

5,Speaking in tongues

E.T.C

Attributes of spirituality(Reality)

1. Very Cool, calm and collected

2. Usually introvert

3. Very contemplative and reflective

4. Very self-satisfied and contented

5. Detached from worldly attachments & emotions

6. Is not materialistic

7. Non-reactive, non-aggressive & non-judgemental

8. Is very loving, kind and compassionate

9. Is very Humble

10. Is very Generous, Helpful & Altruistic

11. Is very Empathetic

12. Is open-minded and insightful (s/he can see the
world without preconceived notions about people,
places, and things)

13. Gives compliments generously, but accept them
with humility

14. Does not have religious/social prejudices

15. Sublimates his/her inner anger

16. Shows equanimity for both good and bad
situations

17. High awareness of consequences

Being deceived is what I hate most in my Life..

I'd rather remain with my cool attributes and labeled an Atheist rather than Being an hypocritical snake under the green grass.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by thinkdip(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2015
happy sunday to you all, it's well with your soul today, enjoy God's divine blessing today.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by TELLHIT(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2015
For real
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2015
To pray for the ZOO to fall!!!

The prayers thus:

God give boko haram ATOMIC and NUCLEAR bombs, let them detonate the afarmentioned weapons in north east,northwest and southwest nigeria.

Let buhari and his terrorist govt fail in all ramification and let nigerians hurl stones @ him.

Let all muslims be killed and bombed in the moques by boko haram as it is happening now.

Let boko haram kill more than 10million northerners and south westeners in their moques(terror centres).

A deadly natural deaster should hit and distroy the entire NORTHWEST.

May all the muslims start killing them selves in nigeria and the whole wide world.

God unlish your deadly anger on the yorubas, kill all of them.

And God, give us BIAFRA and make the southeast and south south the most enviable region in the world economically,morally, socially,christianly,politically etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2015
My reason is the reason an average Nigerian christian goes to church - I go to church because every of my family member does.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Classicman47(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2015
Sorry I haven't been going to church at all lately.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by IamTheAlmighty(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Smartresult(f): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Is pot belly a symbol of riches or healthy living or a fashion why are Nigerians so mad about pot belly. When there are health implications of overweight.
Unlike what is in the other part of the world especially the west, pot bellies are seen in Nigeria as a sign of wealthy and healthy living many sees it as a fashion and a display of splendor, no matter how rich or healthy you are, people seem to see you as incomplete if you are not pot bellied, so when did a pot belly become a sign of good living? In the medical point of view pot bellied individual have high risk of having high blood pressure, over weight otherwise known as obesity, laziness, diabetes and other health related complications. Then how does it become a sign of healthy living.
Is pot bellies not a sign of over eating or too much alcohol, out of which none is
continue reading
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
[size=18pt] I GO TO CHURCH TO SEE HOW GULLIBLE PEOPLE ENRICH PASTORS EVERY SUNDAYS IN THE GUISE OF TITHES AND OFFERING[/size]

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
God help this generation.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Smartresult(f): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
search for sasuwa blog
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by anonimi: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Because the presence of God is LIMITED to only a specific area i.e. church for Christians, not so grin cheesy

Otherwise how will the scammers-in-cassock aka pastors feed off the stewpidity of their congregation?

John 4:
19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

From: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=john+4&ver=kjv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2015
I don forget church sef ova 4yrs no joke...go try resume next yr by God grace
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by laurel03(m): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2015
I go to church because I am a christian

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Chidimercy: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2015
i go 2 church 2 become filled wit d word of God and holy spirit..
Though many atimes i feel weak and tired 2 go buh 2 aviod any squabble b/w i and mumsy.. I gat no option.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by chaz007(f): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2015
90% of church goers are evil doers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2015
I go to church because people goes to Church mostly on Sunday's....
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2015
to show off my wardrobe.... meet chicks dance and make my parent happy

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2015
pls today is my birthday... pls I need ur likes

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? / Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.