Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. (5476 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Many people all around the world are asking this question." why was Jesus crucified"? Was it really necessary? why did GOD have to go through this means to save the world when he has the power to just do it? In fact, was there any sense in Jesus being crucified?

According to GOD's words, THE LIFE OF A CREATURE IS IN THE BLOOD (Leviticus 17:11)...This is a mystery.

in the book of (Leviticus 16:34), God told Moses that an atonement is to be made once a year for all the sins of the Israelites by sacrificing a lamb and as the lamb is slain, all the sins that the Israelites have committed in any way is forgiven them instantly without any record in memory and they are seen by GOD as sinless.

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. (Hebrews 9:22).But this was getting so monotonous that each year a lamb has to be slain so Jehovah in his infinite mercies had to find a way to make a one time sacrifice for the whole world and not just Israelites. And that cannot be done with the blood of animals because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins of the whole world. (Hebrews 10:4)

So GOD sent Jesus to the world to be offered as one time sacrifice for the world of sin, to abolish the yearly sacrifice and that whosoever will believe that he was offered as a sacrifice and his blood shed on the cross to save us from sins will be automatically saved.

This was why when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me for you were not pleased with burnt offerings or other offerings for sin so Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll--I have come to do your will, O God." (Hebrews 10:5-8 )

So Jesus was slain as A LAMB on the wooden cross for the permanent sacrifice for the sins of all humanity.

This is why whenever we pray to GOD to forgive us our sins IN THE NAME OF JESUS(the lamb that was slain for our past, present and future iniquities), he will always forgive us just like he always forgave the Israelites whenever they sacrificed a lamb.

GLORY HONOUR POWER AND ADORATION TO JEHOVAH FOREVER MORE. AMEN!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by udatso: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2015
hmm
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Yeah!

That is the mystery of the cross
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by rosalieene(f): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Toks2008:
Many people all around the world are asking this question."why was Jesus crucified"? Was it really necessary? why did GOD have to go through this means to save the world when he has the power to just do it? In-fact is there any sense in Jesus been crucified?

in the book of (Leviticus 16:34), God told Moses that an atonement is to be made once a year for all the sins of the Israelites by sacrificing a lamb and as the lamb is slain, all the sins that the Israelite have committed in any way is forgiven them instantly without any record in memory and they are seen by GOD as sinless.

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. (Hebrews 9:22).

But this was getting so monotonous that each year a lamb has to be slain so Jehovah in his infinite mercies had to find a way to make a one time sacrifice for the whole world and not just isrealites. And that cannot be done with the blood of animals because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins of the whole world.(Hebrews 10:4)

So GOD sent Jesus his son(not biological) to the world to be offered as one time sacrifice for the world of sin, to abolish the yearly sacrifice and that whosoever will believe that he was offered as a sacrifice and his blood shed on the cross to save us from sins will be automatically saved.

This was why when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me for you were not pleased with burnt offerings or other offerings for sin so Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll--I have come to do your will, O God.'"(Hebrews 10:5-cool

So he was killed and his blood spilled.

No matter how film makers try to reflect the sufferings christ went through, they are not able to truly show the pains Jesus had to go through to save the world of sin.

His skin was ripped apart and one eye blinded by whip of thorns and shattered glass.Crown of thorns forced down his skull. Brutally crucified naked and formless on the cross. All these christ endured to save you and i from sin and death.

Whether you are a Muslim,Atheist,unbeliever in any form, all GOD require of you is to believe that Jesus was slain to save you and accept him as your lord and savior.Simple and straight forward and i belive that when we get to paradise,we just might ask GOD why there must be a blood shed before sins can be forgiven but for now his name remains "THE UNQUESTIONABLE GOD"

nice one

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by kevoh(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Toks2008:

No matter how film makers try to reflect the sufferings christ went through, they are not able to truly show the pains Jesus had to go through to save the world of sin.

His skin was ripped apart and one eye blinded by whip of thorns and shattered glass.Crown of thorns forced down his skull. Brutally crucified naked and formless on the cross. All these christ endured to save you and i from sin and death.

Point 1: Make we hear word! Load of bull crap! What suffering? All worst kind of criminals were crucified and suffered the same way during the Roman era. Crucifixion was performed to terrorize and discourage those witnessing the crufixion from perpetrating similar heinous crimes.

Point 2 : Calling this jew's death as some sort of sacrifice to the world is one of the greatest scam ever. 1st when a sacrifice is made, that thing is gone forever. When you sacrifice one of your kidney for your loved one, does it grow back into you after some years?
You don't just die and pop back into existence days after and call that sacrifice. Nope, we don't agree!

Point 3: And the must funny of all, god sacrificed himself to himself so we could circumvent a rule that god made himself and that god deliberately made us to never be able to meet?

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Kay17: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Implicit in Christianity is the hopelessness of living. The Christians are so preoccupied with sins as an error of existence that they are unable to live.

Of what use is Jesus's death to living a good life. None, at most the effect of the so called sacrifice is at death.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 7:51am On Jan 10, 2016
Thank you Jesus for saving me.

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by purpinkx(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2016
If you sacrifice something it's gone forever . You don't call giving up something that you know will be yours again in three days sacrifice ... That's deceit

6 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2016
Lalasticlala,happy sunday
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2016
purpinkx:
If you sacrifice something it's gone forever . You don't call giving up something that you know will be yours again in three days sacrifice ... That's deceit

The Human has soul and even if you don't believe in GOD i belive you can't dispute this and teh soul lives on so apparently Jesus soul must live on if at all he was never resurrected.

Nevertheless,you have the right to your opinion but unfortunately, it does not chnage the fact that indeed there is a GOD called Allah in Arabic and Yahweh in hebrew.

You either believe now or you will when its too late.Its up to you.
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Omotayor123(f): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Coming.

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Omotayor123(f): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2016
OP well done... But mind u, Jesus was praying earnestly not to die. so he doesn't want to die ..... also nobody dies 4 anybody's sin cos d bible said " d father shall nt b put to death for d son neither d son b put to death for d father only for his own sin shall a person b put to death...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Omotayor123:
OP well done... But mind u, Jesus was praying earnestly not to die. so
he doesn't want to die ..... also nobody dies 4
anybody's sin cos d bible said " d father shall nt
b put to death for d son neither d son b put to
death for d father only for his own sin shall a
person b put to death...

Tayo, i know where you are coming from.

A son can not wake up after many years to just accept that who he tot was his parents are not his so i understand and this is why i am very tactical and careful when i discuss this with the muslim faithfuls.

The Quran is known to be sent directly from GOD hence there is no aorta of mistake as believed by the muslim faithfuls and im not here to dispute that.But have you sat down to ask yourself these question?

Why is it that the Islamic teachings agree with Jesus being a sent by GOD(Allah),they agree that he performed miracles,they believe that infact he died,rose on the third day and he is coming back again BUT THAT HE WAS NOT CRUCIFIED?

How come it is that vital part that is important for the salvation of a soul that is disputed by islamic teachings? Could that be a deliberate attempt to rob people from getting saved and making heaven?I really don't know but those are vital questions you need to ask yourself.
I only pray that GOD will open the eyes of my lovely muslim brothers and sisters to see that indeed christ was actually crucified and believing in his death is the only sure way to Aljonah.

This is not what we should debate but i pray that i will not be "Adorun mo oto" meaning i will not be among those who will know the truth after death of which by then,it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Omotayor123(f): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Toks2008:

Tayo, i know where you are coming from.

A son can not wake up after many years to just accept that who he tot was his parents are not his so i understand and this is why i am very tactical and careful when i discuss this with the muslim faithfuls.

The Quran is known to be sent directly from GOD hence there is no aorta of mistake as believed by the muslim faithfuls and im not here to dispute that.But have you sat down to ask yourself these question?

Why is it that the Islamic teachings agree with Jesus being a sent by GOD(Allah),they agree that he performed miracles,they believe that infact he died,rose on the third day and he is coming back again BUT THAT HE WAS NOT CRUCIFIED?

How come it is that vital part that is important for the salvation of a soul that is disputed by islamic teachings? Could that be a deliberate attempt to rob people from getting saved and making heaven?I really don't know but those are vital questions you need to ask yourself.
I only pray that GOD will open the eyes of my lovely muslim brothers and sisters to see that indeed christ was actually crucified and believing in his death is the only sure way to Aljonah.

This is not what we should debate but i pray that i will not be "Adorun mo oto" meaning i will not be among those who will know the truth after death of which by then,it will be too late.
You should ask answer the question above as to why Muslims believe in Jesus but Christians dont believe in Muhammad.
. And at the bolded.. The only salvation is believing that God is one, he has no son or subordinates and that Muhammad S.A.W is his messager.

I also pray God open your eyes to the right part. Aamin!

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by malvisguy212: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Omotayor123:
OP well done... But mind u, Jesus was praying earnestly not to die. so
he doesn't want to die ..... also nobody dies 4
anybody's sin cos d bible said " d father shall nt
b put to death for d son neither d son b put to
death for d father only for his own sin shall a
person b put to death...
you did not read the verse well, Jesus pray in His human nature that this cup be taken away from Him,Not by His will but the will of His Father. What is the will of the father ? Abel's sacrifice (of BLOOD, Gen 4:4) was accepted by God whereas Cain's sacrifice (vegetables, Gen 4:3) was not sufficient. we read that Abraham's son(Isaac/ishmael) was 'ransomed by a momentous sacrifice', referring to the substitution by God of a ram instead of the boy in Gen 22:13-14. The question is :
Why was it necessary for God to provide a substitute to SAVE THE BOY LIFE ?

why was the ram described as momentous (Arabic al-Azzim - this is one of the ninety-nine Names of God in the Qur'an). How could a ram be greater than a human being, unless it was a representation of an altogether greater sacrifice to come, that of Jesus Christ?

https://www.nairaland.com/2489668/why-atonement-sin-atonement-islam

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
Omotayor123:

You should ask answer the question above as to why Muslims believe in Jesus but Christians dont believe in Muhammad.
. And at the bolded.. The only salvation is believing that God is one, he has no son or subordinates and that Muhammad S.A.W is his messager.

I also pray God open your eyes to the right part. Aamin!

I thank GOD that in heaven, there wil be no Christian or Muslim but only believers in Christ whose names arew ritten in teh book of life and that is why i don't preach religion..I PREACH SALVATION. They are very very parallel and widely different.

But then the choice is yours..one day both of will know the truth and it will definitely be too late for one of us.

Have a great sunday.

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Omotayor123(f): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Toks2008:

I thank GOD that in heaven, there wil be no Christian or Muslim but only believers in Christ whose names arew ritten in teh book of life and that is why i don't preach religion..I PREACH SALVATION. They are very very parallel and widely different.

But then the choice is yours..one day both of will know the truth and it will definitely be too late for one of us.

Have a great sunday.
I laugh at the bolded grin Then I should Thank God that even as a Muslim I believe in Christ.

So you should check yourself, And seek the truth.. But I hope it won't be too late wink

Happy Sunday cheesy

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by ValentineMary(m): 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Christ died for my sins 2000 years before I was born, invariably an unborn child was guilty of sin Also think of it, Jesus died to save the world from a problem he created in the first place (hell). So if God had applied a little more reasoning to his "Divine plan" there would be no need for hell thus no need to suffer badly.

The idea that Jesus died for my sins is void of logic and reasoning because all things were predestined by God, even sin. So God was suffering for what he predestined in the person of Jesus.

So let us face the reality, Jesus died 2000 years ago and he has rotten like every other person. He is not God and he did not die for anyone's sin. Can we move on with our lives now?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
I just find it remarkable a man pulled from a vagina attached to an umbilical cord for sustenance is considered a God , and/or worthy of worship. We are talking about a man who ate food and used the bathroom.

A man like all men who does not know the day of judgment. A man who like Muslims prayed on his face to the creator.

I prefer to worship the creator not the creation.

4 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
hockeyoilers:
I just find it remarkable a man pulled from a vagina attached to an umbilical cord for sustenance is considered a God , and/or worthy of worship. We are talking about a man who ate food and used the bathroom.

A man like all men who does not know the day of judgment. A man who like Muslims prayed on his face to the creator.

I prefer to worship the creator not the creation.

That moment when you say..if you have seen my son,do to him what you woukd to me.

Jesus is the son of GOD by divine adoption and not biological and when we worship and give praise to Hesus,we are actually worshipping Jehovah who is known as Allah in Arabic.

Lalasticlala lets have more contributions.
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by TrajansKong: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
Toks2008:
"THE UNQUESTIONABLE GOD"

This is the Key to the African Soul.

Never to question.

[b]To never ask how we know what we know
is a source of infinite comfort to us. It is our sweetest perfume. Our strongest wine. The wine of Heaven, in fact.

We condemn ourselves to the backwaters of the human history when we teach our children to drink long and deep from the bottomless well of such cowardly and militant ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Kay17: 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
I believe that Jesus's followers are some of the most persistent and resilient fellows on earth. The sudden death of their leader didn't deter them from reinterpreting Jesus's tragedy as a victory over Rome. The death of Jesus ought to be ignominious since an execution is hardly the way a royal goes.

Jesus dying for our sins is hardly consistent with the free will mantra that we are masters of our fate. It implies that man can not save himself through his free will which is the basis of morality. And a contradiction results.

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 13, 2016
Toks2008:
Why is it that the Islamic teachings agree with Jesus being a sent by GOD(Allah)
because part of Muhammad's mission pbuh is to confirm that jesus pbuh was truly the messiah sent to isreal since they didnt believe in him, also Muhammad pbuh came to correct the distorted teachings of earlier scriptures, that were revealed before the time of Muhammad pbuh
they agree that he performed miracles
he didnt perform miracles, no man is capable of doing that, rather miracles were performed through him by GOD ALMIGHTY, the bible supports me on this
they believe that infact he died, rose on the third day and he is coming back again
shocked shocked, can you prove that muslims believe in the underlined? where did you get it from? tell us!
BUT THAT HE WAS NOT CRUCIFIED?
yes! he wasnt, like i mentioned above, your scripture has distorted teachings, this teaching of crucifixion(was it crucifixion or crucifiction?) is one of it.

5 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2016
Toks2008:
Thank you Jesus for saving me.

From what?

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by promise10: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:
because part of Muhammad's mission pbuh is to confirm that jesus pbuh was truly the messiah sent to isreal since they didnt believe in him, also Muhammad pbuh came to correct the distorted teachings of earlier scriptures, that were revealed before the time of Muhammad pbuhhe didnt perform miracles, no man is capable of doing that, rather miracles were performed through him by GOD ALMIGHTY, the bible supports me on this shocked shocked, can you prove that muslims believe in the underlined? where did you get it from? tell us! yes! he wasnt, like i mentioned above, your scripture has distorted teachings, this teaching of crucifixion(was it crucifixion or crucifiction?) is one of it.
This foolish islamic slaves, why must you seek support from the BIBLE, the book that you guys claimed to be corrupted.

Mohammed has made you people so confused.
But why?

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by promise10: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=emrain post=42880932]
From the devil and his prophets(allah and mohammed)
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by habicab: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2016
promise10:

This foolish islamic slaves, why must you seek support from the BIBLE, the book that you guys claimed to be corrupted.

But why?

You shouldn't try to shy away from his question by dwelling on the poison you have been fed with (or feeding yourself with) about Islam. He asked a genuine question, just answer and quit ridiculous accusations.

I don't think you should call other people confused when you yourself and your entourage are dwelling in the pool of confusion.

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2016
promise10:

But why?
I wont let the embolden go next time, you have to learn some manners! anyway even if i dont believe in an empty book called the bible, since you believe in it, that is the only thing i can use in proving my point that you wont argue or say that i'm lying, so i'm using your book, to work out things with you.

2 Likes

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by nasiayam: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:
because part of Muhammad's mission pbuh is to confirm that jesus pbuh was truly the messiah sent to isreal since they didnt believe in him, also Muhammad pbuh came to correct the distorted teachings of earlier scriptures, that were revealed before the time of Muhammad pbuhhe didnt perform miracles, no man is capable of doing that, rather miracles were performed through him by GOD ALMIGHTY, the bible supports me on this shocked shocked, can you prove that muslims believe in the underlined? where did you get it from? tell us! yes! he wasnt, like i mentioned above, your scripture has distorted teachings, this teaching of crucifixion(was it crucifixion or crucifiction?) is one of it.

+1 you spoke the truth
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 6:52am On Feb 21, 2016
lalasticlala,happy sunday.
Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:
can you prove that muslims believe in the underlined? where did you get it from? tell us.

In Surah 19, Maryam, verse 33, Jesus said shortly after his birth:

"So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"

The following Hadith about the day of judgment, collected by Al-Bukhari is further proof that Jesus died: "On the authority of Ibn Abbas: The Prophet of Allah said, '...Then I will say as the pious slave Jesus, son of Mary, said: 'And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them. When you caused me to die ("tawaffaytani"wink you were the watcher over them, and you are a witness to all things...

Since Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) referred to himself with the same phrase ("tawaffaytani"wink Jesus is said to have used in Surah 5, Al Ma'idah, verse 117 it becomes clear that the prophet of Islam, who died, confirms that Jesus also died!

A further confirmation is found in Surahs 10, Yunus, verse 46, 13, Al Ra'd, verse 40, and 40, Ghafir, verse 77 where basically the same term that is used for Jesus' last moments, "natawaffayannaka" meaning, "we indeed cause you to die" is applied to Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)

1 Like

Re: The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. by Toks2008(m): 8:33am On Feb 21, 2016
kon:

grin See frustration Biko nu grin
I'm a programmer with several years of experience, I teach people and I post tutorials here on nairaland and people send me emails to get thier job done for them, na em you day police me.
You go soon die o grin
If na gimakon you day look, continue looking at me no go get job way you go day do, tomorrow when you see me in business section showing a new car, you go day beef me.
Your islam don do you, you no know left from right, continue to look gimakon, you and Ibrahim go soon day contest who old pass. grin

Abeg easy o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit. / How To Say '*God Is Good...all The Time' In Different Languages / Akathriel Yah Yehod Seboath Zoharariel "The Originator Of The Universe"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.