Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication (26213 Views)

How To Cure Insomnia Without Drugs / Is There Any Way To Cure Insomnia / I Need Your Opinion On How To Cure Insomnia.. Please Don't Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by chibuzor05(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
This post is just an extract, you can read further from the source to know what insomnia is all about:

1. Changing habits that disrupts sleep: Often, changing daytime habits and bedtime routines that contribute to sleeplessness is enough to overcome insomnia altogether. Adopting new day time habits are so helpful. So many habits are the possible cause of insomnia but we likely overlook and give them less consideration. Some of the habits include late-night TV watching and internet surfing.

2. Exercise: Nothing aids sleep at night like a good workout during the day. You don’t have to join a gym or spend hours on a treadmill to reap the benefits, though. Try taking a dance or yoga class with a friend, playing activity-based video games with your kids, watching your favourite TV show while on a stationary bike, or enjoying outdoor activities such as golf, playing football, or even yard work. Aim for 30 minutes or more of activity on most days or three 10 minute sessions if that is more convenient, but ensure is not too close to bedtime.

3. Avoid naps: Napping during the day can make it more difficult to sleep at night. If you feel like you have to take a nap, limit it to 30 minutes before 3 p.m.
4. Limit caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine: Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed. While alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep, and nicotine is a stimulant.

5. Avoid late meals: Try to avoid heavy, rich foods within two hours of bed. Fatty foods can take a lot of work for your stomach to digest and spicy or acidic foods can cause heartburn

6. Stick to a regular sleep schedule: Support your biological clock by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, including weekends, even if you are tired.

7. Avoid a long commute that cuts into your sleep time: The more time you spend travelling home in daylight, the more awake you will become and the harder you will find it is to get to sleep.

8. Eliminate noise and light from your bedroom during the day: Use blackout curtains or a sleep mask, turn off the phone, and use ear plugs or a soothing sound machine to block out daytime noise. Developing new bedtime routines to help you sleep It is not just what you do during the day that affects the quality of your sleep, but also those things you do to prepare your mind and body for sleep. Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, and cool. Noise, light, and heat can interfere with sleep. Try using a sound machine or earplugs to hide outside noise, an open window or fan to keep the room cool, and blackout curtains or a sleep mask to block out light.

9. Avoid stimulating activity and stressful situations before bedtime: This includes vigorous exercise, big discussions or arguments, or catching up on work. Instead, focus on quiet, soothing activities, such as reading, knitting, or listening to soft music, while keeping lights low.

10. Turn off screens one hour before bedtime: The light emitted from TV, tablets, smart phones, and computers suppresses your body’s production of melatonin and can severely disrupt your sleep. Instead of emailing, texting, watching TV, or playing video games, try listening to a book on tape, a podcast, or reading by a soft light. If you want to read an eBook before bed, use an eReader that is not backlit, i.e. one that requires an additional light source.

11. Use your bedroom only for sleeping: Don not work, watch TV, or use your computer or smart phone in bed. The goal is to associate the bedroom with sleep, so that when you get in bed your brain and body get a strong signal that it’s time to nod off.

12. Move bedroom clocks out of view: Anxiously watching the minutes tick by when you cannot sleep is a sure-fire recipe for insomnia. You can use an alarm, but make sure you cannot see the time when you are in bed.
13. Relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, and progressive muscle relaxation not only help quiet your mind and relieve body tension, but also help you fall asleep faster and get back to sleep more quickly if you wake up in the night. And all without the side effects of sleep medication.

14. Overcoming stress: Residual stress, worry, and anger from your day can make it difficult to fall asleep as night. Get out of bed when you cannot fall sleep. Do not try to force yourself to sleep. Tossing and turning only amps up the anxiety. Leave the bedroom and do something relaxing, such as reading, drinking a cup of herbal tea, taking a bath, or listening to soothing music. When you are sleepy, go back to bed. Talk over your worries during the day with a friend or loved one . Talking face to face with someone who cares about you is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety and stop you rehashing worries when it is time to sleep. The person does not need to be able to fix your problems, but just needs to be a good listener, someone who makes you feel heard and will listen without judging, criticizing, or continually being distracted. Get help with stress management . If the stress of managing work, family, or school is keeping you awake at night, learning how to handle stress in a productive way and to maintain a calm, positive outlook can help you sleep better at night.

15. Overcoming anxiety about your insomnia: The more trouble you have with sleep, the more it starts to invade your thoughts. You may dread going to sleep because you are going to toss and turn for hours or be up at 2 a.m. again. Or maybe you are worried because you have a big day tomorrow, and if you don’t get a solid eight hours, you are sure to blow it. But agonizing about sleep only makes insomnia worse; worrying floods your body with adrenaline, and before you know it, you are wide- awake. Instead, try challenging your negative thoughts about your insomnia and replacing them with more realistic ones.

Source: http://enhancedfact..com.ng/2015/10/15-ways-to-cure-insomnia-without.html

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by damton(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Get drunk the night before and go straight to bed.

Meanwhile, FTC and I've not gotten bank credit alert.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Na wa!

The guy above me self! You just hindered me from becoming FTC! shocked

[b][/b]#modified#

Back to d Subject matter! Thanks OP for this post kiss
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by buzquet(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
If u dey drink origin wella, u won't know what is insomia

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by laclass(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by psychologist(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
9ce one
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by zangiff(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
agreed.............................
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by kellybently(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
late night sleep after taken some bottles of ORIGIN
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by c4tnoelz: 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
noted
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by HungerBAD: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Good write up.

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by wildchild1: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lemme try them out 1st
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Work your bones out during the day.
grin
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Agimor(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Why is this thread empty?Oh lest I forget there is a Machester derby time to tune in.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Fabulous7(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nic 1 op....sleeping disorder is injurious to one's health we have 2 cub d menace.mum a living witness
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by yinkzzboy: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice 1 op even tho i only read the headings
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by justmi1: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
If i have to read all these to get a good sleep, make i kukuma stay awake na...lol.nice one though. Since have been on nl, nobody gree like my comment, am not complaining sha grin

13 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by slim19(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Just few bottles of sappiro are you're good to go undecided
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thanks op but my case is different,

I sleep indiscriminately, even in the market, what do I do?

Abi make I create new topic, I 4 fit hit fp with this o.
smileyThanks though.

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by gradeA(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Reading a book while on bed propels me to sleep. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Emmafrancis: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
My own personal treatment to insomnia.
1. Devour a very large quntity of fufu with correct soup one hours to my desire sleep time. It works all the time.
2. Three rounds of indoor/bedmatic games 45mins to the desired sleep time.
3. Trek a reasonable distance on my way from work. This makes my body yarn for bed.
4. Some bottle of oriji spiced up with oris. This works wonders.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
my blog is going to carry this info
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by CharlieMaria(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Sassilicious(f): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
am i on fp?
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by alphaconde(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
So great
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by gradeA(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Na wa!

The guy on top of me self! You just hindered me from becoming FTC! shocked

why is he always on top now.
You can still enjoy reverse cowgirl and doggy style too. angry

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by JustCare: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Play the album, The Best of Enya. They no born the insomnia well smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by timilehing(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
All listed are just suggestions
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by isacolukay(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Na wa!

The guy on top of me self! You just hindered me from becoming FTC! shocked

U mean the guy dey on top u?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by kannymoore(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmm...
All this one na long story...

For guys suffering from insomnia...

[size=20pt]JUST self-service AND CUM!!!![/size]

You'll sleep like a baby!!!

OPARIIiii!!!!

Quote me anywhiarrrrr!!!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Osyxcel(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
And some people can sleep eh, even inside water....
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sorry..! Na above! When I told one OP that I didn't go to school because I had no shoes like bros Jonathan, he thought I was joking!

Now I've commited another blunder cry

isacolukay:

U mean the guy dey on top u?

(1) (2) (Reply)

50 Almajirai Infected With COVID-19 In Kaduna / How To Keep A Spotless And Clean Face / The Ebola Isolation Centre In Kuje, Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.