Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65831 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Godsate: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by HungerBAD: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
There is a reason there is a word in LAGOS called "ONE CHANCE"

And just in case he does not get the message, there is a movie called "GONE WITH THE WIND"

Meaning his result has entered ONE CHANCE which has GONE WITH THE WIND.

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Pineapp: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
11 years ago
Trace it back to the school if it still exists

The poster below is under the influence of buratanshi angry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by espn(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..

176 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Pineapp: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Godsate: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
espn:
Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..

God bless you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Godsate: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:
There is a reason there is a word in LAGOS called "ONE CHANCE"

And just in case he does not get the message, there is a movie called "GONE WITH THE WIND"

Meaning his result has entered ONE CHANCE which has GONE WITH THE WIND.

We know that people like you will put mouth to discourage us.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by HungerBAD: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

We know that people like you will put mouth to discourage us.

US?

So now that we know it's you.

You can actually take it back to the School, to the Exams and Records to be specific.

If you are correct.

They will then forward it to your former department, who in turn will correct their records. And then forward it back to the Senate of the University for correction.

After corrections , the Senate will approve a new result/certificate for you.

Before you leave the School, make sure you reconfirm from the Exams and Records that it has been corrected in their section.

Goodluck.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by teemanbastos(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
It depends if he wishes to work with it... Collect am but if you doing fine now, then why bother? Isn't educational achievements over-rated in Nigeria ? Now a university degree is enough

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by damton(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
PRAY AND GO AFTER IT. BUT FIRST, YOU MUST BE SUPER SURE ABOUT IT.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Simitrendy: 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2015

11years is far oh!

The only suggestion I can give is to go back to his Department or Faculty Staff Adviser maybe they can help him through.

3 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Akosxxx(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
reminds me of the pic - when the witches & wizards from your village follows u to the city.

DiarizGod oo

9 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by frankwells(f): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
K,the mod that banned me for 2weeks,receive d spirit of forgiveness Colossians3:13

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
The village woman who did this to you is evil.

11 years?

I think you should start from your department sha.

Before it is forwarded to the Exams and records office

9 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Fraih(f): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wow, 11 years, thats a very long time, a lotta things woulda changed in his department and senate, But then, Impossible is nothing. ..

6 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by adrelanine: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
[size=20pt]The village woman who did this to you will die a horrible death[/size]
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
C
HungerBAD:

US?
So now that we know it's you.
You can actually take it back to the School, to the Exams and Records to be specific.
If you are correct.
They will then forward it to your former department, who in turn will correct their records. And then forward it back to the Senate of the University for correction.
After corrections , the Senate will approve a new result/certificate for you.
Before you leave the School, make sure you reconfirm from the Exams and Records that it has been corrected in their section.
Goodluck.
C
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by FestacGirl(f): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dayum

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by maryhaam(f): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
If they can call people back from nysc or labour market for wrong or fake certificate,brother do the needfull.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kennyman2000(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hope someone is learning from this.. OP, ask her to give it a trial cos not giving it a trial may be another heartache for her cos it may just work out fine if you give it a trial.

Its her right. She should fight for it.

Let her just take her time to confirm and re-confirm that her claims are genuine to avoid messing herself up.

Wish her success in the pursuit of her right!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

6 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kennyone: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

I have been in your shoes before. Take the matter to the current HOD of the department. Naija universities, manipulating students destinies since 1948.

23 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ugomba(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
He should contact the school admin and explain it to them.. He should not popularize the mistake because the professionalism of such institution is at stake.

5 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mustydeen(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Forgerrit mehn
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ayoniakins(f): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Same with me.
University of Lagos, business admin......

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by porrigeyam(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Who did this to you....why so much evil in this world.... Which village are you from self grin

Mr man fight for your right.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by steffans(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Chai 11 years?

U didn't state d University and department..
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ANBAKO: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
What the heck!!!!. Please get it corrected first and make it official and so on.

After that sue their motherfcuking axx!!!! The VC, Registrar, DVC, Chancellor, pro-chancellor, deputy Registrar and slam on them 500million Naira damage for all you have missed due to their error.
Good luck in your quest for better future

11 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Icon4s(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sue the University straight.

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
I hope you did not calculate it as average GPA? I made that mistake once.

Godsate:

9 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kinibigdeal(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
The village woman who did this to you is evil.

11 years?

I think you should start from your department sha.

Before it is forwarded to the Exams and records office

Is this chioma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.