Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. (4351 Views)

Produce A Sura Like It? / He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Asalamu'allaikum waramatulahi wabarakatu.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, there is these, I will say contradiction I have got a little problem understanding it.
Its about the Punishment of the grave and Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 which reads ;

51- *And the trumpet shall be blown, then behold, from their graves they shall hasten on to their Lord *

52- *They shall say : 'Oh! Woe to us! who has raised us up from our sleeping place? This is what the Beneficent (Allah) promised and the Apostles told the truth.

53 - *There would be naught but a single blast, when they shall all be brought before Us.

Now, compare the above verse with the words of Rasul Allah (S. A. W)

Narrated Ibn Abbas :Allah's Apostle pass by two graves and said, both of them (persons in the grave) are being tortured, and they are not being tortured by major sin. This one use not to save himself from being soiled with his urine, and the other use to go about with calumnies (among the people to rouse hostilities, e.g, one goes to a person and tells him so and so person says about him such and such evil things). The Prophet (S. A. W) then asked for a green leaf of a dated - palm tree, split it into two pieces and planted one on each grave and said, "it is hoped that their punishment maybe abated till those two pieces of the leaf get dried".

From Abu Hurayrah (r.a), who said : The Prophet (S. A. W) said, when one of you finished the tashahud (testimony of faith in prayer), he/she should seek refugee in Allah from four things: From the punishment of hell, from the punishment of the grave, from the trails of life and death, and from the evil trails of the massehud dajjal (Anti - Christ).

Anas reported the Prophet (S. A. W) as saying : If you were not (to abandon) the burying of the dead (in the grave), I would have certainly supplicated to Allah that He should make you listen to the torment of the grave.

1 Like

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Now, the word

'Oh! Woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?

Does it mean that they (evil ones) are in a resting place instead of been punished as stated by the Prophet (S. A. W)?

Demmzy15, lexiconkabir, bashbabe2, Aminat508, AlBaqir, fundamentalist and empiree please your attention is needed here for clarification.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Narrated Anas (r.a) : The Prophet (S. A. W) said, "when a human being is laid in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their foot step, two Angels come to him and make him sit and ask him : What did you use to say about this man, Muhammad (S. A. W)? He will say : I testify that he is Allah's servant and His Apostle. Then it will be said to him, 'look at your place in the Hell - Fire. Allah has given you a place in Paradise instead of it. The Prophet (S. A. W) added,' The dead person will see both his places.
But a non - believer or the hypocrite will say to the Angels, 'I do not know, but I used to say what the people used to say! It will be said to him,' neither do you know nor do you take the guidance (by reciting the Qur'an) '. Then he will be hit with an iron hammer between his two ears, and he will cry and that cry will be heard by whatever approaches him except human beings and jinns'.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Salam oh brother IdisuleOurOwn(i will like to know your name smiley), firstly we have to note that there is no contradiction in the Qur'an. Many Verses indicates that we will die twice before the day of recompense(yaomul qiyamah) one of such verses is where Allah(s.w.t) says "They will say:" Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognized our sins: is there any way out (of this)?"{suratul ghafir:11} as we've seen, death is twice, which implies the toment will surely happen but at the first death, the second death will happen before the day of recompense, this will be a moment of resting. note:- this is not a scholarly opinion, its solely mine, and as such, i might be wrong, i will like to know the view of others, Allah Knows best. salam!
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Aminat508(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Now, the word

Does it mean that they (evil ones) are in a resting place instead of been punished as stated by the Prophet (S. A. W)?

Demmzy15, lexiconkabir, bashbabe2, Aminat508, AlBaqir, fundamentalist and empiree please your attention is needed here for clarification.

There is a point worth pondering about the grave. The Arabic word ‘Marqad’ grave is a noun of place. It means the place of sleeping, a resting place. On the Day of Judgment, after raising their heads from the graves, they say, “Who has raised us up from our sleeping places”, whereas they were being chastised in the grave

Everyone who passes away from this world is, in Barzakh, either in reward or in punishment until finally, he or she reaches either Paradise or Hell, in Qiyamat. He is punished in the grave for the sins committed by him during his life. Sometimes he is purified in this way. Here he says that he was in a “sleeping place” whereas, in fact, he was in Barzakh.

The explanation is that the factors before him are according to his strength and weakness. Life in the world, compared to Barzakh, is sleep. In Barzakh there is wakefulness and the stages in Barzakh are stronger than this world. Similarly, in grave, people are in sleep and they become awake in Qiyamat.

WALLAHU ALLAM

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wslm, brother Abdelkabir (lexiconkabir).
Idris Muhammad Suleiman by name. I will like to know the sura of the verse you quoted so, for me to read the commentary.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Wslm, brother Abdelkabir (lexiconkabir).
Idris Muhammad Suleiman by name. I will like to know the sura of the verse you quoted so, for me to read the commentary.
Suratul ghafir verse 11
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aslm sister Aminat (Aminat508). Thanks for the contribution /clarification, I did appreciate.

I pray Allah to increase us in knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Aminat508(f): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Aslm sister Aminat (Aminat508). Thanks for the contribution /clarification, I did appreciate.

I pray Allah to increase us in knowledge.
uw sir. Amin
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Kazrem(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aminat508:

There is a point worth pondering about the grave. The Arabic word ‘Marqad’ grave is a noun of place. It means the place of sleeping, a resting place. On the Day of Judgment, after raising their heads from the graves, they say, “Who has raised us up from our sleeping places”, whereas they were being chastised in the grave

Everyone who passes away from this world is, in Barzakh, either in reward or in punishment until finally, he or she reaches either Paradise or Hell, in Qiyamat. He is punished in the grave for the sins committed by him during his life. Sometimes he is purified in this way. Here he says that he was in a “sleeping place” whereas, in fact, he was in Barzakh.

The explanation is that the factors before him are according to his strength and weakness. Life in the world, compared to Barzakh, is sleep. In Barzakh there is wakefulness and the stages in Barzakh are stronger than this world. Similarly, in grave, people are in sleep and they become awake in Qiyamat.

WALLAHU ALLAM
Afatu
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Aminat508(f): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kazrem:

Afatu
imamu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Kazrem(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aminat508:
imamu cheesy
Odaro. Kaji layo. Ummu been waiting. grin

1 Like

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Fkforyou(m): 12:27am On Oct 26, 2015
During the time when someone is the grave does he/she feel the impact of weather for example during raining season is he/she aware or feel the impact of the rain?
Secondly can anyone describe barzakh?
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2015
Fkforyou:
During the time when someone is the grave does he/she feel the impact of weather for example during raining season is he/she aware or feel the impact of the rain?
Secondly can anyone describe
barzakh?

Aminat508:

WALLAHU ALLAM
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Aminat508(f): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Fkforyou:
Secondly can anyone describe barzakh?

1.After entering the world of Barzakh one does not experience physical pains like headache, toothache and such other troubles. And also the weather.Such suffering forms a part of the essentials of the material world. But there, in Barzakh, it is the realm of abstracts or of incorporeal beings. Of course, it can also not be called the Hereafter, which may mean that there will be only darkness for the sinners and only light for the obedient ones.

2. What is meant by al-barzakh is the period between a person's death and his resurrection on the Day of Resurrection,

The literal meaning of barzakh is a veil or a barrier that stands between two things and which does not allow the two to meet.

WALLAHU ALLAM

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2015
Aminat508:

1.After entering the world of Barzakh one does not experience physical pains like headache, toothache and such other troubles. And also the weather.Such suffering forms a part of the essentials of the material world. But there, in Barzakh, it is the realm of abstracts or of incorporeal beings. Of course, it can also not be called the Hereafter, which may mean that there will be only darkness for the sinners and only light for the obedient ones.

2. What is meant by al-barzakh is the period between a person's death and his resurrection on the Day of Resurrection,

The literal meaning of barzakh is a veil or a barrier that stands between two things and which does not allow the two to meet.

WALLAHU ALLAM
does this mean, at the second death one goes to "barzakh"?
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Omotayor123(f): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2015
Aminat508:

WALLAHU ALLAM
Nice one Aminat. May God enrich your wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Aminat508(f): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2015
lexiconkabir:
does this mean, at the second death one goes to "barzakh"?
2nd death how?

There is another world or domain between this world and the hereafter, which is called Barzakh. After death and before Qiyaamat all the humans and jins have to live therein as per their status. Barzakh is much bigger than this earth. The comparison between this world and Barzakh is like the womb of the mother compared to the earth. In it, there is comfort for some and hardships for others.

WALLAHU ALLAM

7 Likes

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Aminat508:
2nd death how?
as stated in suratul ghafir verse 11

There is another world or domain between this world and the hereafter, which is called Barzakh. After death and before Qiyaamat all the humans and jins have to live therein as per their status. Barzakh is much bigger than this earth. The comparison between this world and Barzakh is like the womb of the mother compared to the earth. In it, there is comfort for some and hardships for others.
now I believe the second death will happen in this "Barzakh", this was why i asked the question i asked earlier. Being my first time of hearing of Barzakh got me confused.

WALLAHU ALLAM
salam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by AlBaqir(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Now, the word

Lot have been said already. Great contributions. I will also like to add mine anyway.

Marqad means sleeping place, and ruqud means sleeping. It is a figurative reference to any stage wherein man is not aware of what is awaiting him in future.

A very simple analogy is a foetus in the "sleeping place (womb)". The foetus is not aware of all the developmental stages or deformation or injury that might have happened to it. It feel attached and "comfortable" to whatever conditions.

The fact that it does not know what await it in the future, baby carries out on given birth to it. Its another life, another conditions entirely, strange. Its unfortunate babies cannot narrate their mixed experiences.

The case of the dead in Barzakh is something like that too. Man is composed of the Nafs and material body. The separation of the two is death (in summary). Note that Grave (Qabr) is where dead body is placed, whereas the Nafs (soul) moves down to Barzakh (mentioned in surah Mu'min: 100). There is however a connection and relationship between the body and soul even after death. You will find details here in sha Allah:
https://www.nairaland.com/2075840/what-happens-soul-dead-person

In short, man (dead or alive) does not know what future (Qiyamat - day of judgement). Whatever condition he is, is perfectly okay with him compare to what he will be exposed to on the day of Qiyamat. Therefore, he will cry out: "Woe unto us".

Surah Zilzalah reads:

When the earth is shaken with her (violent) shaking,

And the earth brings forth her burdens,

And man says: What has befallen her?

On that day she shall tell her news,

Because your Lord had inspired her.

On that day men shall come forth in sundry bodies that they may be shown their works.

Surah Hajj also reads:

"O people! guard against (the punishment from) your Lord; surely the violence of the hour is a grievous thing.

On the day when you shall see it, every woman giving suck shall quit in confusion what she suckled, and every pregnant woman shall lay down her burden, and you shall see men intoxicated, and they shall not be intoxicated but the chastisement of Allah will be severe."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2015
AlBaqir:

The case of the dead in Barzakh is something like
that too. Man is composed of the Nafs and material
body. The separation of the two is death (in summary). Note that Grave (Qabr) is where dead body is placed, whereas the Nafs (soul) moves down to Barzakh (mentioned in surah Mu'min: 100). There is however a connection and relationship between the body and soul even after death.

This is contrary to the implication of several traditions according to which the soul is returned to the body immediately the corpse is buried, not transferred to another realm.

Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Model Behavior of
the Prophet (Kitab Al-Sunnah) » Hadith 4734

When a man is placed in his grave and his friends
leave him, he hears the beat of their sandals.
Then two angles come and speak to him. He then mentioned the rest of the tradition nearly similar to the previous one. It goes : As for the infidel and hypocrite they say to
them. This version adds the word “hypocrite”. And he said : those who are near him will hear (his shout) with the exception of men and jinn

Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Model Behavior of
the Prophet (Kitab Al-Sunnah) » Hadith 4735

Narrated Al-Bara' ibn Azib:

The Prophet (saws) said: At the death of the unbeliever his soul will be restored to his body in the grave. Then two angels will come to him. They will make him sit up and ask him: ‘Who is your Lord?’ He will reply: ‘Alas, alas! I do not know.’ They will ask him: ‘What is your religion?’ He will reply: ‘Alas, alas! I do not know.’ They will ask: ‘Who was the man who was sent on a mission among you?’ He will reply: ‘Alas, alas! I do not know.’

Then a crier will call from Heaven: ‘He has lied, so spread a bed for him from Hell, clothe him from Hell, and open for him a door into Hell. Then some of its heat and burning hot wind will come to him, and his grave will be compressed, such that his ribs will be crushed together. An angel who is blind and dumb will then be placed in charge of him, having a sledge- hammer, such that, if a mountain were struck with it, it would become dust. He will give him a blow with it, which will be heard by everything between the east and the west except by men and jinn, and he will become dust. Then his soul will be restored to him (again).

In short, the concept of Barzakh in Hadith based Islam does not answer the original question of the thread. Hadith graphically describe the punishment of the grave as a torment of the body and soul within the grave, not just the soul in a kind of purgatory.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 9:30am On Oct 27, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Narrated Anas (r.a) : The Prophet (S. A. W) said, "when a human being is laid in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their foot step, two Angels come to him and make him sit and ask him : What did you use to say about this man, Muhammad (S. A. W)? He will say : I testify that he is Allah's servant and His Apostle. Then it will be said to him, 'look at your place in the Hell - Fire. Allah has given you a place in Paradise instead of it. The Prophet (S. A. W) added,' The dead person will see both his places.
But a non - believer or the hypocrite will say to the Angels, 'I do not know, but I used to say what the people used to say! It will be said to him,' neither do you know nor do you take the guidance (by reciting the Qur'an) '. Then he will be hit with an iron hammer between his two ears, and he will cry and that cry will be heard by whatever approaches him except human beings and jinns'.

This tradition fully implies the torment before judgement for the disbelievers is in the grave, not some Barzakah. I hope the referrers of Barzakah can look further into this.

If as Qur'an alludes, disbelievers will claim to be awoken from their sleeping place, then the grave is indeed a sleep place not a torture chamber.
I have discussed this in the past with some fellas here.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2015
usermane:

This tradition fully implies the torment before judgement for the disbelievers is in the grave, not some Barzakah. I hope the referrers of Barzakah can look further into this.

If as Qur'an alludes, disbelievers will claim to be awoken from their sleeping place, then the grave is indeed a sleep place not a torture chamber.
I have discussed this in the past with some fellas here.

Since suratul ghafir verse 11 says we shall die twice, can you make a relation of that with this thread? salam!
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
Since suratul ghafir verse 11 says we shall die twice, can you make a relation of that with this thread? salam!

Please elaborate. I don't understand your question
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2015
usermane:

Please elaborate. I don't understand your question
some verses of the Quran may imply no punishment in the grave like suratul yasin verse 52, while they are also verses that may imply punishment in the grave like verse 46 of suratul ghafir, which gave rise to this thread, since we are certain that there is no contradiction in the quran, then both claims can't be correct, however i feel this question has been answered in suratul ghafir verse 11, where we are told that we all shall die twice! which may imply the first death takes one to Barzakh where the punishment or reward will take place and the second death which may happen at Barzakh takes one to a resting place(as in suratul yasin verse 52) before Qiyamat. My question is, what do you think of this? salam!
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by AlBaqir(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2015
@Username, I believe you saw (but ignore) the Last statement There is however a connection and relationship between the body and soul even after death.

What is the difference between Qabr (grave) and Barzakh? Physically no activities is going on in the Grave other than body decomposition. But spiritually, a lot is going on to the Nafs. Al-Qabr is like a gate to Barzakh.

Come to think of it, what happen to those that were not buried? Either being burnt to ashes or hung on a tree for years until it decomposed and rotten. What about a body that was eaten up by animals? Etc etc. If Prophet talks of soul being back to the body in the Grave, it is definitely not in literal sense. The life, and connectivity between the Qabr and Barzakh is beyond our comprehension. So lets wait for our turn to experience it. Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by AlBaqir(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
as stated in suratul ghafir verse 11

now I believe the second death will happen in this "Barzakh", this was why i asked the question i asked earlier. Being my first time of hearing of Barzakh got me confused.

salam!

You are absolutely correct. Man was given life to be on probation upon this earth, and then he was made to die. As soon as he died, he got a new kind of life suitable for the intermediate world {the world of Barzakh}. Then when trumpet is blown, everybody will die, and will give up even the intermediate life. Then at the second sound of the trumpet he will raise up for the final judgement and search for his eternal good or bad abode.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2015
AlBaqir:

You are absolutely correct. Man was given life to be on probation upon this earth, and then he was made to die. As soon as he died, he got a new kind of life suitable for the intermediate world {the world of Barzakh}. Then when trumpet is blown, everybody will die, and will give up even the intermediate life. Then at the second sound of the trumpet he will raise up for the final judgement and search for his eternal good or bad abode.
jazaka Allahu khairan, sir!
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
some verses of the Quran may imply no punishment in the grave like suratul yasin verse 52, while they are also verses that may imply punishment in the grave like verse 46 of suratul ghafir, which gave rise to this thread, since we are certain that there is no contradiction in the quran, then both claims can't be correct, however i feel this question has been answered in suratul ghafir verse 11, where we are told that we all shall die twice! which may imply the first death takes one to Barzakh where the punishment or reward will take place and the second death which may happen at Barzakh takes one to a resting place(as in suratul yasin verse 52) before Qiyamat. My question is, what do you think of this? salam!

You are getting it mixed up. You 've read the Hadith I cited, and you cited one yourself. Try reconciling those Hadith with the concept of Barzakh, this is not possible. So why, accepting it when it contradict the Hadith?

As for Chapter 40 v 11, I do not fully comprehend the verse. But even if the first death is earthly death taking one to another realm (like Barzakh) where one dies the second time, there is no indication here that the second life in this strange realm after the first(earth) death is a kind of hell for disbelievers.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by Empiree: 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Usermane is too literal as well. In most cases he doesn't connect the dots. When quran speaks sometimes, it speaks figuratively. If he thinks when someone is buried he's just sleeping there as he understands it, that's his understanding. No boxing gloves.

Quran is talking to men of understanding. Yes, there are many things beyond our comprehension. No doubt about that.

Allah also gives us description of death when we sleep. Mr. usermane, when you sleep and dream what happens?. Sometimes we dream we are in good state having fun and all that yet, our body is right there in our bed. And sometimes we have bad dream....terrible yet our body sleeps right there in our bed. Can you tell what going on there?. You don't understand quran at all.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Username, I believe you saw (but ignore) the Last statement There is however a connection and relationship between the body and soul even after death.

What is the difference between Qabr (grave) and Barzakh? Physically no activities is going on in the Grave other than body decomposition. But spiritually, a lot is going on to the Nafs. Al-Qabr is like a gate to Barzakh.

This is where it get convoluted. In your earlier post you talked of a connection between the corpse in the grave and the soul in Barzakh. You admitted here that some bodies are consumed by fire or wild animals, so in the Hadith I cited, the Muhammad words cannot be taken literal. This present another problem:

If Muhammad 's words are not to be literally understood, then the soul-body connection in the grave you explain is downplayed. And if the soul-body connection even after death is true, how are bodies consumed by flames or wild animals connected to their soul.

You see, I didn't interpret those Hadith literally, AlBaqir. Even though, I don't believe in Hadith, I study them with care. Whether interpreted literally or metaphorically, the message of these Hadith is clear, the corpse of the disbelievers endure pain and suffering in the grave. So much pain that some other Hadith claim everything aside man and jinn hear their cries. A body feeling pain is alive, not asleep. And such a person would not complain of being awoken from his "sleeping place" when the trumpet is blown

PS: Am amazed despite all the approval the referrers of Barzakh in this thread obtain for their post. Non of them presented a Quranic verse or Hadith on Bazarkh and what happens there.
Re: Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. by usermane(m): 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Empiree:
Usermane is too literal as well. In most cases he doesn't connect the dots. When quran speaks sometimes, it speaks figuratively. If he thinks when someone is buried he's just sleeping there as he understands it, that's his understanding. No boxing gloves.

Quran is talking to men of understanding. Yes, there are many things beyond our comprehension. No doubt about that.

Allah also gives us description of death when we sleep. Mr. usermane, when you sleep and dream what happens?. Sometimes we dream we are in good state having fun and all that yet, our body is right there in our bed. And sometimes we have bad dream....terrible yet our body sleeps right there in our bed. Can you tell what going on there?. You don't understand quran at all.

Pls, if returning the soul to the body is a metaphor, kindly explain what this metaphor mean. You should rather explain the Hadith I cited and the first Hadith the OP cited before accussing me being overly literal.

At least when you sleep with nightmares, your soul is not in your body during the nightmare. And the body is living, not dead. But the Hadith imply that the soul is within the body during torture in the grave.

PS: I think you sound disrespectful at the end of your post. Who the hell do think you are addressing like that? You have no idea who I am!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Questions And Get Answers According To Kitab Wa Sunnah / Was Eve Created From Adam's Rib? / If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.