Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Beware Of Family Friends Or Old Friends They Can Bring You Woe - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of Family Friends Or Old Friends They Can Bring You Woe (913 Views)

What Do Feel Is Your Family/friends Impression Of Your Salary / Why Is It That Old Friends In Better Position Dont Help? / How To Kill Your Friends (Or Enemies) On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Family Friends Or Old Friends They Can Bring You Woe by banjula(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2009
Most people are delighted been in the company of their family friends or meeting an old friends, but mine ends on sad note when i met a family friend whom i have seen last for 5 years, i met the guy at a mechanic garage, he told me his car A/C developed problem and he need to get it fixed, along the line the car could not leave the place that night and i told him to bring the car to my compound since my house is closer to the garage and therafter we became closer once again, along the line i discussed my intention to get a tokunbo car with him and he quickly told he has some associate abroad that can buy for me from US auction at lower rate and we can later work on whatever problems the car had.
He collected total sum of 350k from me and told me that i will pay the balance and shipping when the vehicle arrive, but to my utmost surprise up till now this guy has deliver not any car to me nor return my money sincemarch 2008 and he is no where to be found, i heard he sleeps around in diffrent hotel.
I have tried to track him but all my effort was to no avail.
I would have reported to the police but am being discourage because of the trend in Nigeria police, this guy has money to pay/bribe if he is arrested and the police will come back for me and i know that will be the end of the money

I gave him the money base on these fact.

1. Confirmed that he travelled abroad from his mum.
2. Believed he can never dupe me base on our closeness even if he is a runs man
3. Believed my money is too small for him to think of cheating since he drives executives cars himself

Since he has failed to deliver, he has then refuse to pick my call and when i call him with another number he always tell me he will get back to me which he has not since last year, i reported the case to his sister and mother but all yielded no result, i have then taken it as a faith and want to use this medium to advice others to beware of old friends or relatives, they might be dangerous.
I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Before U Get Married . / Why Ban My Handle? / Just Concluded Football Talent Hunt With Jayjay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.