Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:37 AM

People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION (22326 Views)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East / Kwankwaso: The Master Beaten At His Game - By Shaka Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Movic1(m): 6:12am On Oct 26, 2015
Senator seeks education for Fulani herdsmen

Former Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has asked Yoruba leaders threatning to secede over the kidnap of former Secretary to the Government of Federation Chief Olu Falae to “shut up”.

Kwankwaso, who is a senator, said at the weekend that the call was misguided and politically motivated.

He stressed that no zone could be an island, adding that what the Fulani herdsmen that were being asked to leave Yoruba land needed was education on how to go about their cattle-rearing business.

He spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital at the weekend as a special guest at the Silver Jubilee Celebration of the set of 1965-1971 of Government College, Ibadan. The event witnessed the inauguration of two sets of pre-fabricated staff buildings donated by Vitafoam Nigeria Plc to the institution.

The former governor said: “The issue of conflict between the farmers and Fulani herdsmen is not common to the Southwest alone. It is not even common to Nigeria. It is all over the sub-region.

“On the issue that we are talking about, education is very important. If all Fulani are given opportunity to go to school, I don’t think they will risk their lives and their animals going into the bush, where there are reptiles. I think the key thing is education. The Fulani should be educated.

“I am a Fulani. My parents settled down many years ago. My father went to school and I have been to school. My children have gone to school. Now, I don’t think I will get cattle and go into a forest; that is education for you.

“The key thing is, whether in the North or Africa, Fulani are all over. They call themselves Fulani in this part of the world. But in other places, they call them different names. So, education is key. They should be educated. They should be settled. Of course, by that, they will develop the modern way of keeping livestock.”

He added: “If you go to developed countries, you don’t see animals running about. It has to do with underdevelopment. If you go to Niger, Chad, Cameroon and all these places, they get Fulani roaming about, endangering their lives, endangering their own animals and it is not good for anybody, the economy and the security. But that is for the future.

“But for today, I think it is important for government to provide facilities because we require their services. Facilities like grazing areas for the cattle and other facilities to make sure that we manage the situation.

“In the North, we used to have all these grazing areas. We used to have cattle ranch, where they go from place to place without going into the farm. Probably because of the population now and other issues, all these places are being taking by farmers. Therefore, it becomes very difficult for any cattle to roam or go to places without going into farms.

“So, it is not only peculiar to the Southwest. We just have to have a lot of understanding of the situation. Some of the issues being raised by the people, especially politicians, do not help anybody. If you sack the Fulani from here or you fight them, maybe it is because you are here. If you are a Yoruba man based in Kano, I don’t think you can contemplate sacking the Fulani.

“I am from Kano, but right now I am in Ibadan. Where you are is your home. Today, Ibadan is my home. God forbids; if something bad happens here, it will affect me. If it happens in my village, I am not there. They won’t see me. But for today, I think it is important for government to provide ranching facilities such as grazing sites, because we require their services.

“It now calls for understanding among Nigerians. To that extent, therefore, politicians should stop over-blowing the issue.

“All Fulani should be given opportunity to go to school. These Fulani should be educated. I am one of them. I am Fulani. Had I not been educated, imagine what I would have been today; I probably would have been in the forest.”

He canvassed a quick return of boarding facilities to all public schools in the country as well as compulsory education for the Fulani.

“This will go a long way in reawakening confidence in the national polity,” he said.

Dignitaries at the event included Oyo state Governor Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi, represented by Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education Mrs. O. A. Makanjuola; Group Managing Director of Vitafoam Nigeria Plc. Mr. Taiwo Adeniyi; National President of GCI Old Boys Association Chief Abiodun Jolaoso; Principal of GCI, Rev. Oladele Olusola; Chairman, Sunshine Oil and Chemical Industries Limited Basorun Rotimi Obeisun; Chief Executive of Jogor Centre Femi Babalola, among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by madridguy(m): 6:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Former Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has asked Yoruba leaders threatning to secede over the kidnap of former Secretary to the Government of Federation Chief Olu Falae to “shut up”.

Nigeria journalist with their poor way of reporting just to gather attention. I trust Kwankwaso he won't say jargon as reported by the wururwuru media.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by IlekeHD: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Lmaoooooo @ Fulani trying to call Yorubaland home.

What was Kanos IGR again?

So you know that Fulani is a national issue and you're ignoring it. Moraphucker

Jesus!!!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by DelticStephEn(f): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2015
a
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Maxcollins042(m): 6:19am On Oct 26, 2015
Why don't you initiate the "EDUCATION IS THE KEY" to your Fulani brothers?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by menix(m): 6:22am On Oct 26, 2015
The master have spoken..

Oya over to the slaves, what ve u guyz to say

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by omowolewa: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2015
Educating Fulanis is not S/West's responsibility but keeping them a far.

But I thought he would talk about Biafra who is already acting their treat, all to see him talking about Yorubas who only told the 'North' to warm their children.

Has he ever heard of Radio Biafra or Nnamadi Kanu or IPOB. This man no dey visit NL sha.

16 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 6:23am On Oct 26, 2015
Those PDP members in SW making that noise are clearly not to be taken serious.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Lordemperoris100(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2015
hahaha, when the master vex the slaves take cover.Watch southwest people abadon their quest due to fear. Bunch of cowards

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2015
madridguy:

Nigeria journalist with their poor way of reporting just to gather attention. I trust Kwankwaso he won't say jargon as reported by the wururwuru media.
You see your life?... Are you a slave or what?

So it's because this is coming from Kwankwaso, you don't believe. It the report had said it's coming from one "Igbo" man, you would have believed. undecided

The media that you call "wuruwuru" is owned by TINUBU. That is the reason I may not believe this report, because 'THE NATIONS' can never be trusted.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by iokpebholo: 6:26am On Oct 26, 2015
simplycarro:
Those PDP members in SW making that noise are clearly not to be taken serious.
slave spotted,always looking for who to blame.[size=8pt][/size] grin

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27am On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
Lmaoooooo @ Fulani trying to call Yorubaland home.

What was Kanos IGR again?

So you know that Fulani is a national issue and you're ignoring it. Moraphucker

Jesus!!!

Kwankwaso is a "Igbo" man. grin

51 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by M4gunners: 6:27am On Oct 26, 2015
Chei see insult at highest level. You eat my yam still ask me not to tell anybody about it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 6:28am On Oct 26, 2015
iokpebholo:
slave spotted,always looking for who to blame.[size=8pt][/size] grin
Goat. Look at those making the threat and their preference in the last election. If you lack knowledge, Google Odumakin and FFK role in the last election.
You should be more worry about your Director already spending close to one month in DSS underground dungeon if he will come out alive.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by madridguy(m): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2015
Video or I don't believe the report. If na yeeboo man na to flog you with pankere but I trust Rabiu he dare not say so.

SeverusSnape:

You see your life?... Are you a slave or what?
So it's because this is coming from Kwankwaso, you don't believe. It the report had said it's coming from one "Igbo" man, you would have believed. undecided

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2015
madridguy:
Video or I don't believe the report. If na yeeboo man na to flog you with pankere but I trust Rabiu he dare not say so.

As a slave, you have no choice than to trust your slave master.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Tallesty1(m): 6:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Who's stopping them from going to school?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 6:31am On Oct 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

When is your next road show in honor of your director? That should be of greater concern to you? No?
This is a perfect excuse to make the country ungovernable for the government grin cheesy, that is if dem born una well grin

4 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:33am On Oct 26, 2015
simplycarro:

When is your next road show in honor of your director? That should be of greater concern to you? No?
When is your next Ass-licking competition in honor of your slave master?

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Pavore9: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2015
“All Fulani should be given opportunity to go to school. These Fulani should be educated. I am one of them. I am Fulani. Had I not been educated, imagine what I would have been today; I probably would have been in the forest.”....The Southerners did not stop them from going to school, their illiteracy is inflicted by the likes of Kwankwaso who got educated but did not aggressively see to it that their tribesmen and women get the same education!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by IlekeHD: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2015
omowolewa:
Educating Fulanis is not S/West's responsibility but keeping them a far.
But I thought he would talk about Biafra who is already acting their treat, all to see him talking about Yorubas who only told the 'North' to warm their children.
Has he ever heard of Radio Biafra or Nnamadi Kanu or IPOB. This man no dey visit NL sha.

Because SW is the richest region, other regions expect Yorubas to feed them.

Yorubas are living with tse-tse flies and leeches.

Are there no schools in the North? Combined, northern politician net worth is more than the SE IGR. Yet they can't build a strong education foundation.

11 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by madridguy(m): 6:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Na you be the biggest slave naaa, always shouting foul play. So since am very sure Rabiu won't dare to say so nothing to be shouting for.

SeverusSnape:

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Aufbauh(m): 6:34am On Oct 26, 2015
The last time i checked, those calling for secession in the south West are the fallen angels of the past administration as no reasonable yoruba man have time for such pettiness.
The call was only echoed by those who are looking for sympathizers & secessionist partners.
Though it will be a nice thing to educate those fulani herdsmen so as to understand the extent of their operations.

2 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

When is your next Ass-licking competition in honor of your slave master?
When you must have successfully retrieved your director from the dungeon underground here in shangisha. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by ZUBY77(m): 6:35am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmm. Let me see how my south west friends will handle this one.
I have repeatedly said south west, South East and South south should become friends.

You all have a common political opponent.
Look at the formation of this government.

It's only a self denial bigot that does not see that everything is in the north.

Kwankwaso even insulted their leaders by telling them to shut up.
Where is the Olubadan?
If an Igbo man told them to shut up in Akure, every shop would have closed down while they demand an apology in BBC and CNN.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2015
simplycarro:

When you must succefully retrieved your director from the dungeon underground here in shangisha. grin

Illiterate, Go and work on your grammar before engaging those who are intellectually superior to you. You sound like an Almajiri school drop-out.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Omololu007(m): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2015
menix:
The master have spoken..
Oya over to the slaves, what ve u guyz to say
where in his quote did he said,"yoruba leaders to shut up"

2 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by SeverusSnape(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2015
madridguy:
Na you be the biggest slave naaa, always shouting foul play. So since am very sure Rabiu won't dare to say so nothing to be shouting for.

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin

I don't expect anything better from a mohammedan.

21 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Omololu007(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2015
ZUBY77:
Hmm. Let me see how my south west friends will handle. this one.

please can you show me were in his speech he asked yoruba leaders to shut up?

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by IlekeHD: 6:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Omololu007:
where in his quote did he said,"yoruba leaders to shut up"

Leave the Igbo slaves on this thread. I saw how they ignored the Fulani-Enugu thread. Cowards.

4 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by ZUBY77(m): 6:41am On Oct 26, 2015
Omololu007:
please can you show me were in his speech he asked yoruba leaders to shut up?

Check the attached file since you are afraid to be yourself.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by orunto27: 6:47am On Oct 26, 2015
A talk without common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Aloy Ejimakor Criticises Kwankwaso Over "Anti-Igbo" Comment / Who Is A Lagosian? / Nigeria's Super Tucaco Jets, To Get Laser Guided Bombs And Rockets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.