Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife (41281 Views)

Tobi Philips Dating Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi? / The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Is New Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by emmasege: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
MrImole:

Is that not how they salute every Yoruba king?
No! Iku Baba Yeye is for the Alaafin of Oyo. Every Yoruba king has his own peculiar salutation.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by frakdon(m): 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
repogirl:
lol, Bros forget that thing. There is a time to claim my Yoruba, Igbo and ijaw heritages grin
yeah, true...mana easy o nne, after all you are a woman you know,because sometimes, women have nothing to claim...smiles**
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by AKYEMITE(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=sweetgala post=39377583]Number 9 is a lie, if only you know what is ongoing in Ile Ife right now. This king is about to have a very rough ride.

Ooh and so many wrongs ave started his reign, he bought his crown and his father is alive which is a taboo in Ile Ife for a king [ it is a big lie... He is well accepted by all ifes,Home and abroad. I am from ife and i am in ife now everything is cool here people going about with there business. As per his father being alife, bro i know u dont know better than kingmakers. Let us all join hands together to make ife great again. New dawn in ife.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by BobbyDean(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
gamaliel121:
Is this thing a big deal?
He is just a traditional chief now!!!!
Nawaoo
the throne of Ooni is a big thing. He heads all Yorubaland kingdoms and not just any ruler. I hope you get it

3 Likes

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by kosokoadeyemi: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabiooooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeeesiiiiiiiiiiiii ooooooooooooooo mo si fila fun ori ade ooooooooooooooo
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
emmasege:
This appellation is for the Alaafin of Oyo. Don't tell me you are Yoruba o.
the Ooni is an orisha himself. the only one in human form in yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by gamaliel121(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
BobbyDean:
the throne of Ooni is a big thing. He heads all Yorubaland kingdoms and not just any ruler. I hope you get it

Ooo. I see..
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
MrImole:
Ikú bàbá yèyé, alá$e ìkejì òrì$à.

Káábìyési o!

You need to learn ur culture. 'Iku baba yeye' is d oriki of d alaafin of oyo. Its not part of d greetings of d ooni.

And to all those shouting abobaku, its also an alaafin of oyo tradition dt is always practised. Those dt say it will stop know nothing. The ooni is dismembered & buried all over ife, like most kings in yorubaland. And this guy will eat his heart.

Did u ever see any ooni coffin or burial place in ife?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by bmos(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aromas:
Finally his now a king grin

I doubt if this young vibrant man am seeing can make a good king by going into all these traditional fetish stuff. Let the allow go practice his account.. Profession joo.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by greggng: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
No wonder vincent enyeama resigned. He has just become the new oni of efe. Look at the striking resemblance

2 Likes

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by sweetgala(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=AKYEMITE post=3937o9595][/quote]

You can feed these guys that lie, but not someone in the know. You mean everyone is going about their business under the watch of heightened security and police presence.

Or would a king go on ruling given the petition signed by community leaders and elders among chiefs.

Congratulations to him, but I know this is the start of the decline. I know how this throne was won, I hope the kingmakers enjoy their new Jeeps and loot.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
MrImole:
Ikú bàbá yèyé, alá$e ìkejì òrì$à.

Káábìyési o!
this is the praise for Alaafin not Ooni
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by tpiah11: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
omoarole:
Wow! That's great. I'm happy for Yeye. He was such a great guy growing up. From our days at Jadesola Faderera street in Akobo..till our days in Loyola College.
Wishing your mum was alive to see this great day! My dear, rule well oooo let us be proud of you with our heads held high!
My greetings to your Sister Bimpe....wwonder where that gorgeous beauty is now....Also to your sisters Fola and Sola.
He is really Geesi.......we had known that all along.

you go fear name dropping.

all this gleaned from your information gathering efforts, fresh for delivery to nairaland.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by abiowoblow: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
I disagree with dat number 9 because he doesn't av his own house in ife until de stool was vacant and he was called upon to come and contest. He's now building a house at Eleyele Parakin in ile-ife. To me he doesn't deserve it but only God makes kings. Kabiesi to Ooni of ife the Ojaja 2nd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
itsene:
David became King with his father and everyone else in the family alive!
Nothing new under the sun my friend.

Are you mad? Does Ife look like Jerusalem?

2 Likes

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by IYANGBALI: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
him name no even sweet for mouth self mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
sweetgala:

You can feed these guys that lie, but not someone in the know. You mean everyone is going about their business under the watch of heightened security and police presence.

Or would a king go on ruling given the petition signed by community leaders and elders among chiefs.

Congratulations to him, but I know this is the start of the decline. I know how this throne was won, I hope the kingmakers enjoy their new Jeeps and loot.
The guy indeed spent a lot of money. The throne went to the highest bidder. I now finally believe the saying that "ifa dey chop dollars". I hope the transformers and jeeps he bought for the town and King makers respectively last forever.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by sweetgala(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
saxywale:

The guy indeed spent a lot of money. The throne went to the highest bidder. Now I finally believe the saying that "ifa dey chop dollars". I hope the transformers and jeeps he bought for the town and King makers respectively last forever.

It has happened and there is no going back but it would have a bad result in the long run. Lack of respect from other kings, when Sijuwade none of the other Yoruba kings payed homage and one attended the multi denominational service of songs.

I'll wait to see the response from the oba of Benin , and Alaafin and how they pay homage or if they do.

To those who say it's modern times, well if we would flout tradition and culture we don't need a king.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by omoarole: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=Titilayodeji13 post=39378583][/quote]

Amen ooooo
thank you for the word of encouragement.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by omoarole: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
tpiah11:

all this gleaned from your information gathering efforts, fresh for delivery to nairaland.

If you're going to make such allegations, you need to quote your sources that I plagiarized. He was a childhood friend. We lived together on the same street. I even named the street. Did I get that on nairaland too? Do not rush to judgement before considering the import of your words or the source of your deductions.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Aarenaija: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
kaaaabiesi o. Ade a pe lori, Bata a pe lese. Ase a pe lenu. Irukere a dokinni.
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
for over 11 years. He was involved in the development of the Northern Foreshore Estate, Cityscape International Limited’s Buena Vista project in Lekki, Primewaterview Limited’s projects, Westcom Limited’s projects, and the Ajaokuta Steel’s and Delta Steel’s resuscitation projects.

Hope u know in d world of finance/accounting, all u need is ur university degree and certifications. Masters programmes mean nothing. You & ur family dt are well read, what have u achieved?

helovesme:

you are thinking exactly the same thing i am thinking grin grin grin grin

afi well read na grin grin grin
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
helovesme:

you are thinking exactly the same thing i am thinking grin grin grin grin

afi well read na grin grin grin

Until his appointment on Monday, Ogunwusi was non-executive at Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (a subsidiary of GTBank).

He is a graduate of Accountancy and a certified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and of the Institute of Management.
Adeyeye is currently the Managing Director of Howard Roark Gardens Limited which is undertaking multi-million naira Jacob Mews Estate project in Yaba and the Lakeview real estate development in Lekki.

He has been involved in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts locally and abroad for over 11 years. He was involved in the development of the Northern Foreshore Estate, Cityscape International Limited’s Buena Vista project in Lekki, Primewaterview Limited’s projects, Westcom Limited’s projects, and the Ajaokuta Steel’s and Delta Steel’s resuscitation projects.

Hope u know in world of finance/accounting, all u need is ur university degree and certifications. Masters programmes mean nothing. You & ur family dt are well read, what have u achieved?
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by malikisah: 1:30am On Oct 27, 2015
He is well read and he has a higher National Diploma. Na wah for well read o!
Re: Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife by dashiki(f): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
tpiah11:

Lol! How will you know he knows them if he doesn't drop those names?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures / Olowo Of Owo, Folagbade Olateru-olagbegi Has Died / Historical Relation Between Edo And Yoruba Culture And Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.