Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists (28678 Views)

Igbos We Know, IPOB We Don't / Just Like The Igbos: We Want Referendum Too, Yoruba Groups Declares / Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
Overtime there has been growing number of threads and comments by some Igbo loyalists and sympathisers of IPOB led Biafra ideology over the position of the South-South ethnic groups and in particular, Rivers state. Some have started seeing us as antagonists to the aspiration of the Igbo nation, while some others have moved towards casting aspersions on some of us.

Let me start by stating clearly that my determination to support every legitimate struggle and respect the right of self-determination by any group(s) is irreversible. However, I believe it will be proper to make some things clear with respect to IPOB led Biafran ideology.

1. Nobody in the Niger Delta and Rivers state is against Igbo
What we are saying is very simple. We respect your right to self-determine your destiny, you should also respect our right to self-determine ours. Don't determine for us even if you don't agree with us. If you believe that we have common destiny, state your terms and allow us state ours. Where there is no consensus, allow us determine our next step. If we believe in an indivisible Nigeria or a United Republic of some ethnic minorities within the region, it should be respected. Nobody should be villified for their own choice neither do we have the right to villify Igbos for wanting their land and territory out.

2. Show Respect For Our Territories:
I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially. The city of Portharcourt is shared between the Okrikans and Ikwerres. The portion owned by Okrikans have been our fishing port for centuries. The record is there. Ikwerres are not fishermen, hence, a reflection of their settlement. The Okrikans are 100% Ijaws and 0% Igbos. Our portion of PHC is NOT Igweocha and has never been. I am not aware that the Ikwerres wish to call theirs Igweocha but in the event that they wish to, it is left for the Okrikans, Ikwerres and Rivers state government to rename the city altogether and we (Okrikans) shall determine an appropriate name for our portion of the city.

3. Show Respect For Our Land:
I have also been reading tales by sunset by some people saying that Opobo is Igboland. That is a grave insult to the Ijaws and is highly unacceptable. For the record, Opobo kingdom was formerly part of Bonny Kingdom, owned and inhabited by the Ijaws who are proud of their ancestry. The name of the Kingdom is Opoboama, and it was named after former Bonny King Opubo. The land and people pre-existed even before the coming of Jaja, an Igbo slave that was bought by Bonny chief Alali Opubo, Head of Opubo Annie Royal House. For the record, Jaja never found Opobo. He however led a section of Anna Pepple Wari(House) to break Opobo from Bonny Kingdom with the same territory and Ijaw people. The ijaw chiefs never made mistake in making Jaja their first king of the kingdom. The case of Jaja can be likened to Joseph that was an Hebrew slave but rose to become a Prime minister and Head of Government in Egypt. His ascension neither makes Egypt to be an Hebrew land neither does it make the Egyptians as Hebrews. All these are well documented. I have to state that the Ijaw nation is not in land dispute with anyone over any of our territory in the riverine areas of Rivers state. From Kalasunju, Kalaibiama, and Epellema etc are all Ijaw communities in Opobo kingdom. Similarly, Ndoki is undisputed Ijawland. In fact, Ndoki is nicknamed "kala-krike" that is mini Wakrike(Okrika). It is believed that they are descendants of Okrika kingdom. We are all Ijaws. I am stating this to educate those that may not be aware.
Google Search will help doubting Thomases

4. Respect For Our Brothers And Neighbours:
The people of Rivers state from Ogba, Ikwerre, Ogoni etcetera have suffered together, sacrificed a lot together and even disagreed on issues with each other at differnt times. If in their wisdom they deny being Igbos, Yoruba or Biafrans. It is their right and must be respected irrespective of whether they bear Uche, Yakubu or Folashade. The South South geopolitical zone though a political arrangement but has brought avenue for collective unity. The position of the Binis, Esans, Itsekiris, Ibibios, Urhobo, Anang etcetera should be respected. Their land, their decision and their people. No group or persons deserves to be insulted.

5. Stop Using Jonathan/PDP As Blackmail Tool:
God knows that we recognise and appreciate the support you guys gave to our brother Jonathan and his party, PDP. But, that shouldn't be a blackmail tool as expressed by some IPOB people. When it comes to ethnic/territorial issues, we have to drop the toga of partisanship and address issues from the position of our respective groups and maintain our own interest. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your support and sacrifice for GEJ/Wike/PDP. In fact, God sparing our lives we shall support an Igboman from South east for VP slot under PDP. Blackmailing us with the support given to Jonathan is unfair in every sense.

My dear Igbo cousins, we don't hate you. We are not your antagonists. We appreciate your support and solicit your continuous support for our people. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our sons and daughters. Personally, I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Igbos and I appreciate it from the depth of my heart. Be rest assured of the love and support of all Niger-Deltans worldwide. This love and support is not just only for the Igbos, but to every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic affiliation that desires the progress of our people.

Our peaceful co-habitation, trusts and love can only be guaranteed when we make respect our watch word.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria.

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
So you guys have successfully used and dumped us? grin grin grin

Fear Ndi Mba Mmiri!

That's why my father advised us not to have anything to with Ndi Mba mmiri except on personal interest...

For the uninitiated, what TonyeBarcanista has done with this disjointed thread, is to create a perfect and fatal ammunition for the Yoruba and Hausa ethnic warlords to further malign, insult and castigate the good people of Igbo Land, as mere land grabbers and opportunists!

Umu Igbo Beware of this attention -seeking- Slippery -character masquerading as pseudo political analyst of interest!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Obiagu1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ijaws using SouthSouth and Niger Delta to enslave everyone for the good of the Ijaw people.
Revisionist at work.

Ride on...

Excerpt from memoirs of Hugh Crow (1765 – 1829), an English sea captain.

"The inhabitants of Bonny, when our author last visited that port, amounted to about 3,000. They are chiefly a mixture of the Eboe, or Heebo, and the Brass tribes; the latter deriving their name from the importation into their country, which lies to the northward and westward of Bonny, of a kind of European-made brass pans, . . .
It is probable (and this opinion entertained by Captain Adams and others) that Bonny, and the towns on the low line of the coast on either side of it were originally peopled from the Eboe country, and that before the commencement of the slave trade, if it then existed, the habitants employed themselves in the making of salt, . . .
The King of New Calabar, in the neighbourhood, and Pepple, king of Bonny, were both of Eboe descent, of which also are the mass of the native."

Noneroone:
vvv

Speaking during the inauguration of the State Executives of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Rivers state at the Elekahia Stadium Port-Harcourt, the President-General of the pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo Chief Garry Enwo-Igariwey .....

In a shocking revelation, the member representing Opobo-Nkoro Federal constituency Hon. Dakuku Peterside declared that the Opobo people have their roots in Igboland as the founder and first king of the Kingdom is an Igbo man. Hence Opobos are Igbo. He called on other Igbo elements within the state to identify with the greater Igbo cause.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by chocolateme(f): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
I like op

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by midehi2(f): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
grin
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by warrior01: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Did not bother to read the trash you posted up there. I've watched you spew your hate against the same people that have stopped the marauders from wiping you off the map. You claim to be wise but reeks of foolishness. In short, You're a fool and no sane person should take you serious ever again. #Saboteur

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Trut(m): 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Typing...
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by cremedelacreme: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Can't we coexist peacefully as one in this country without Igbo and Yoruba this, Ijaw and Hausa that? Other multi ethnic /religious countries (India, Brazil, South Africa etc) have left us behind and are achieving new developmental strides everyday while we are still killing ourselves over useless things. angry

21 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by OEPHIUS(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
You all are jobless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by doublewisdom: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
This guy is going to declare for APC soonest. He's been courting them seriously. Recent threads have shown that. Smh.
Or maybe we are dealing with an impostor.

22 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by midehi2(f): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
warrior01:
You're a fool
choi

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Rikidony(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
undecided undecided

29 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Noneroone(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
stale

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ghostmist: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
YOU SHOWED YOUR HAND TOO QUICKLY...its too late for this,cos,we now know better.
Love the north or hate them,one thing you can't help but admire in them is their uncanny ability to know when to draw the line between party loyalty and the interest of the north in the Nigerian political structure.I'd bet my last cash that even the PDP chairman himself voted for Buhari.This is one thing we Igbos need to start doing.
On the issue of alliance with the S/S, please,throw that shiit under the bus.we are better off aligning with one of the major ethnic groups rather than some inconseqential "OUR OYEL" obsessed people.Lets join the rest of Nigeria and make sure we benefit maximally in the "oil milking" going on in the S/S.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by okolochyke: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
I endorse this message from Tonyebarcanista

18 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher IzonOwei Dearpreye Erunz Stebell Goodboiy HopeAtHand Enahi etc..

Please correct me IF I'm wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Precide(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
D
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by mascot87(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
For every developed State in Nigeria is no man land for d igbos. If na Borno or Anambra, they no go call am no man land. Funny people

27 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by uncleUPRIGHT: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
If you think barcanista is mad click like
if you think he's not click share

97 Likes 60 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by helinues: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
like sheeriously?
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Noneroone(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
[s] Overtime there has been growing number of threads and comments by some Igbo loyalists and sympathisers of IPOB led Biafra ideology over the position of the South-South ethnic groups and in particular, Rivers state. Some have started seeing us as antagonists to the aspiration of the Igbo nation, while some others have moved towards casting aspersions on some of us.

Let me start by stating clearly that my determination to support every legitimate struggle and respect the right of self-determination by any group(s) is irreversible. However, I believe it will be proper to make some things clear with respect to IPOB led Biafran ideology.

1. Nobody in the Niger Delta and Rivers state is against Igbo
What we are saying is very simple. We respect your right to self-determine your destiny, you should also respect our right to self-determine ours. Don't determine for us even if you don't agree with us. If you believe that we have common destiny, state your terms and allow us state ours. Where there is no consensus, allow us determine our next step. If we believe in an indivisible Nigeria or a United Republic of some ethnic minorities within the region, it should be respected. Nobody should be villified for their own choice neither do we have the right to villify Igbos for wanting their land and territory out.

2. Show Respect For Our Territories:
I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially. The city of Portharcourt is shared between the Okrikans and Ikwerres. The portion owned by Okrikans have been our fishing port for centuries. The record is there. Ikwerres are not fishermen, hence, a reflection of their settlement. The Okrikans are 100% Ijaws and 0% Igbos. Our portion of PHC is NOT Igweocha and has never been. I am not aware that the Ikwerres wish to call theirs Igweocha but in the event that they wish to, it is left for the Okrikans, Ikwerres and Rivers state government to rename the city altogether and we (Okrikans) shall determine an appropriate name for our portion of the city.

3. Show Respect For Our Land:
I have also been reading tales by sunset by some people saying that Opobo is Igboland. That is a grave insult to the Ijaws and is highly unacceptable. For the record, Opobo kingdom was formerly part of Bonny Kingdom, owned and inhabited by the Ijaws who are proud of their ancestry. The name of the Kingdom is Opoboama, and it was named after former Bonny King Opubo. The land and people pre-existed even before the coming of Jaja, an Igbo slave that was bought by Bonny chief Alali Opubo, Head of Opubo Annie Royal House. For the record, Jaja never found Opobo. He however led a section of Anna Pepple Wari(House) to break Opobo from Bonny Kingdom with the same territory and Ijaw people. The ijaw chiefs never made mistake in making Jaja their first king of the kingdom. The case of Jaja can be likened to Joseph that was an Hebrew slave but rose to become a Prime minister and Head of Government in Egypt. His ascension neither makes Egypt to be an Hebrew land neither does it make the Egyptians as Hebrews. All these are well documented. I have to state that the Ijaw nation is not in land dispute with anyone over any of our territory in the riverine areas of Rivers state. From Kalasunju, Kalaibiama, and Epellema etc are all Ijaw communities in Opobo kingdom. Similarly, Ndoki is undisputed Ijawland. In fact, Ndoki is nicknamed "kala-krike" that is mini Wakrike(Okrika). It is believed that they are descendants of Okrika kingdom. We are all Ijaws. I am stating this to educate those that may not be aware.

4. Respect For Our Brothers And Neighbours:
The people of Rivers state from Ogba, Ikwerre, Ogoni etcetera have suffered together, sacrificed a lot together and even disagreed on issues with each other at differnt times. If in their wisdom they deny being Igbos, Yoruba or Biafrans. It is their right and must be respected irrespective of whether they bear Uche, Yakubu or Folashade. The South South geopolitical zone though a political arrangement but has brought avenue for collective unity. The position of the Binis, Esans, Itsekiris, Ibibios, Urhobo, Anang etcetera should be respected. Their land, their decision and their people. No group or persons deserves to be insulted.

5. Stop Using Jonathan/PDP As Blackmail Tool:
God knows that we recognise and appreciate the support you guys gave to our brother Jonathan and his party, PDP. But, that shouldn't be a blackmail tool as expressed by some IPOB people. When it comes to ethnic/territorial issues, we have to drop the toga of partisanship and address issues from the position of our respective groups and maintain our own interest. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your support and sacrifice for GEJ/Wike/PDP. In fact, God sparing our lives we shall support an Igboman from South east for VP slot under PDP. Blackmailing us with the support given to Jonathan is unfair in every sense.

My dear Igbo cousins, we don't hate you. We are not your antagonists. We appreciate your support and solicit your continuous support for our people. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our sons and daughters. Personally, I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Igbos and I appreciate it from the depth of my heart. Be rest assured of the love and support of all Niger-Deltans worldwide. This love and support is not just only for the Igbos, but to every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic affiliation that desires the progress of our people.

Our peaceful co-habitation, trusts and love can only be guaranteed when we make respect our watch word.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria [/s].
bla bla bla. i no more take you serious

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by OEPHIUS(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
You people are so fixated on tribe that you can't see anything else but that.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Yeske2(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Gullible Igbos should continue to be deluded about the Igbos and mba mmiri people, hope say una eye don dey clear small small.

We warned earlier about this alliance but most questioned our paternity

@OP, i support you 100%, hope this will bring some to their senses who the real backstabbers are.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by fejikudz(m): 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by BALLOSKI: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
If someone is in Nigeria and sees him or herself as a black Jew, then expect that person to always misunderstand every disagreement for antagonism or hate. Nothing points to the reason why igbos see themselves as being hated by all than the above statement(we all know how the Jews sees themselves in their current geographical locations.).

it so a known fact that the biafran army killed more SS-ners who were the minorities among them during the civil war than the FG army did in their attempts to liberate PH and other places. The southsouth people have forgiven the igbos, and I don't know why those from the nominal region of christianity are yet to do so.

If igbos have not killed anyone in their struggle for independence, then they can have it smooth. But if they did, let them not have it easy.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
warrior01:
Did not bother to read the trash you posted up there. I've watched you spew your hate against the same people that have stopped the marauders from wiping you off the map. You claim to be wise but reeks of foolishness. In short, You're a fool and no sane person should take you serious ever again. #Saboteur

Don't worry he will soon apologize to you guys and you lots will be over him again cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Macelliot(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
What was the name of the portion that belongs to the okirikans before the arrival of the colonial masters??

PH is Igwe-ocha.. The colonial masters renamed it to Port-harcourt...

Take it, or leave it!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Phemostiga(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Gbam
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by pazienza(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Seriously, did anyone read that long epistle?

Please those who did should give me a summary.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by kettykin: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please for the sake of history Opobo was never part of Ijaw land, opobo was actually called ikot Abasi and was an extension of ibibio land until Jajah led troops to take opobo after he fell out of favor with the ruling houses in Bonny island.

Moreover both opobo and Bonny are igbo speaking towns.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Macelliot(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
Macelliot:
What was the name of the portion that belongs to the okirikans before the arrival of the colonial masters??

PH is Igwe-ocha.. The colonial masters renamed it to Port-harcourt...

Take it, or leave it!
Barcanista was pained because of IPOB protest in PH..

Actually, the protest was carried out by the indigenes themselves...
The names of the 20 people arrested by police shows that the protesters were Ikwerre, Ibibio, Igbo and efik. In which, most of them are Non-igbo...

35 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Lordave: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
[b]This was how Igbos voted for Jonathan massively, got nothing tangible as a reward based on his campaign promises, alas, they voted massively for him again with hope that he would deliver on his campaign promises, he lost and Igbos are now fighting for political relevance in Nigeria.

Barcanista, just like many Ijaws, has been a known bigot and Igbo hater since time Imo river on this forum. For the love of Jonathan and the minority interest, Igbos on Nairaland identified with him and together they aggressively and relentlessly showed support for Jonathan. Jonathan lost, shameful and sissy Barcanista deactivated his account and ran away from nairaland. He got disgraced where he ran for succour and without options but filled with shame came back on Nairaland where in the heat of castigation, ridicule, mockery, and all sorts of dishonourable welcome back was accepted and shown full support by the Igbos, the asylum he went o seek elsewhere, Igbos offered him on Nairaland.

What do Igbos get in return?
Gross betrayal from the same ones hopeless, homeless and ostracised Barcanista to much of their chagrin.

Igbos, learn to love the right person.
[/b]

38 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff / Lawyers To Free 13 Lekki Protesters From Lagos Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.