Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:11 AM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35617 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by carbonmonoxide: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by jaykaylegend(m): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
I don't think I can raise up my hand to beat my own child (except some little slaps and knocks when necessary) not to talk of another person beating him/her....
Seems inhumane to me.. There are other ways to correct a child then beating...

FTC for the first time since I joined nairaland. Congrats to me, more FTCs to come....

Meanwhile,
BREAKING NEWS !!!
Dstv has moved all Chelsea matches to cartoon Network to pave way for SERIOUS matches on super sport
channels.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by lilmax(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
carbonmonoxide:

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws
yes ,it restores the brain

Its quite simple,tell your child to be obedient or face the consequences

The ones that need it most are team “my father dont use to flog me“

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by deewhone(f): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yup! Its part of discipline. Spare the rod and spoil the child

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
yes cos our environment and mentality aren't helpful, ........meanwhile check my signature

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by freethinker01: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hell to the noooo.
I can't just allow ma kids to be caned, it doesn't just make any sense tho ma parents used it on me countless times, i would say it doesn't have any effect on me.
Rods are meant for animals n criminals nah.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by SAMBARRY: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
freethinker01:
Hell to the noooo.
I can't just allow ma kids to be caned, it doesn't just make any sense tho ma parents used it on me countless times, i would say it doesn't have any effect on me.
Rods are meant for animals n criminals nah.
exactly my thought. Abi do they want to say that the criminals we have today weren't also canned

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Haywhymido(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
As long as s/he deserves it, am in support. Na fear of been beaten by my father made me an obedient child.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dyt(f): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
DO NOT BEATVMY CHILD
I MEAN DO NOT
I can beat myself but not you

9 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
I do not believe in beating kids and don't beat mine. So Mr/Mrs teacher, please don't beat my child.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
NO. Violence is never a part of discipline.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by AYOdeji2102: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Can this work in Nigeria?

Overweight has been attributed to be one of the major causes of
sexual dissatisfaction in both male and female.Don't wait until you're
replaced by your spouse" Get rid of the excess fats with a natural programme....
follow this trend below for more details
https://www.nairaland.com/2427877/get-back-sexy-look-confidence#39247217
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Pidggin(f): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yes, why not? I was beaten too and it helped me. Parents cannot train children alone. Okay, imagine one family having like six kids, they will be deceiving themselves if they think they can do all the training on their own. The society through teachers and other responsible adults can help in disciplining children.

110 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Beating a child only hardens him in good and bad ways but talking sense into him helps a lot. I'm talking from experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by englishmart(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
yes, but correctively. And not to abuse the child

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by hardywaltz(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yes
#correction is key

5 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by RedCapChief(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
[size=13pt]My father was flogged at school
I was flogged at school
My children will be flogged at school[/size]

256 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Demmocrats(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Immediately I enrol my kids in school I will donate cane specially for my kids and monthly fee to enable the teacher buy good cane.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by menix(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yes oooo...

Sometimes I just thank God for giving me a disciplinarian Dad, cous the beating moulded me to be a good fellow despite all evil abound upstairs..

30 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by bookceleb: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
no unless its for gross misconduct.

conversation is d best,you understand the students better.
use punishments instead of flogging

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Slimzjoe(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
whether at school or at home, I don't believe in beating a child.
it did not change me in anyway as a kid. instead it made me hardened
Talking and Punishment is better. that's we have councillors in the school

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Blackchampion(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yep from experience. Most 9ja students deserve more than just beating. #U hav to be experienced to know what I'm talking about

11 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by ril19(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
YES

alot of you folks term it "beating", thereby making it appear like what the fulani do to their cattle. i'd like to term it "discipline".
when administered in love and in the right proportion, it is GOOD for the child. therefore i expect teachers to use good judgement when disciplining my kid.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by ideatoprince18(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
I encourage beating but the beating should be wit moderacy
I don't believe u talk to Nigerian children and they will obey you!!! ....... try and Teach in Igbokobi pry sch nsuji alama local govt ...... then u will know DAT beating with tons of coporate punishment helps a lot!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
When a kid is dull to a fault like the ones I have in my class, u've got no choice than to beat the child!

19 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by JOOHEL: 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
A VERY TOUCHING STORY.
A little gal saw a dead cat on the road on her way back from school. She was so sad because she loved cats so she touched it, she touched it again, she touched it and touched it. She paused for a while den she touched it again. She went home to change into new clothes and came back to touch it again.She kept touching.. . As I told u earlier its a touching story.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by bettercreature(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
YES!There is no way you won't beat them
i even beat one mercilessly this evening
she was crying and i was begging her,sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry,i gave her apple,she didnt stop crying until i resorted to serious beating then she stopped crying
they won't even answer you if you are teaching them so how is it possible not to beat them

16 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by CharlieMaria(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Why not?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by raayah(f): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Physical abuse should not be banned everywhere in Nigeria.
Children should not be flogged for any reason whatsoever.

If you flog/slap/beat your children in order to discipline them, don't come to nairaland to cry when police and soldier flog you too in the name of discipline. After all it's the same thing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Dindondin(m): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
yes
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babysophie(f): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Dyt:
DO NOT BEATVMY CHILD I MEAN DO NOT I can beat myself but not you
U beta b ur child's teacher den.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral / What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? / My Husband Is Frustrating Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.