Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35773 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

a place where children don't get beaten....your choice tho... But abroad where children don't get beaten, we see how spoilt their children become

Really? Do you live abroad?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Yea. you're right!
Cc: Lagmostkuit
Lol! cheesy

Okay, noted! cool
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by callmelanner(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2015
menix:
Yes oooo...

Sometimes I just thank God for giving me a disciplinarian Dad, cous the beating moulded me to be a good fellow despite all evil abound upstairs..
So for ur mind now u be good fellow abi..
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by MbashrexBashir(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2015
The prophet SAW said when your child is 7 and do not pray BEAT the child till he or she knows what to do. May Allah Almighty not give me d child i will not b able to discipline
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Really? Do you live abroad?
and if I say yes, what will be your point
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

and if I say yes, what will be your point

I will ask more questions because my observations are very different.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

a place where children don't get beaten....your choice tho... But abroad where children don't get beaten, we see how spoilt their children become

grin grin grin very funny.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

I will ask more questions because my observations are very different.
ok...ask more... I am waiting
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

ok...ask more... I am waiting

Where do you live?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by pamshuga1(f): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]My father was flogged at school
I was flogged at school
My children will be flogged at school[/size]

Lmao guy u no get joy at all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

grin grin grin very funny.
very very for now.... Spare the rod.. Spoil the child....I like the fact that spoilt children end up shooting their parents in the head grin

I remember when one yeye mother like you came to complain to my mom that a teacher told her to "shut up"....my mom was pissed.... I was more pissed.... Mom gave her a simple reply.... In my school... Discipline is put first...if you don't like it, please withdraw your child... Na so everybody rest

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
MbashrexBashir:
The prophet SAW said when your child is 7 and do not pray BEAT the child till he or she knows what to do. May Allah Almighty not give me d child i will not b able to discipline
Waoh, I never knew such instruction was in the Quran. Now I know why Alfa uses cane..... Trust me, t worked

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

very very for now.... Spare the rod.. Spoil the child....I like the fact that spoilt children end up shooting their parents in the head grin

I remember when one yeye mother like you came to complain to my mom that a teacher told her to "shut up"....my mom was pissed.... I was more pissed.... Mom gave her a simple reply.... In my school... Discipline is put first...if you don't like it, please withdraw your child... Na so everybody rest

And who told you that the kids who shoot their parents were not beaten up?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Where do you live?
undecided
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

undecided

I thought so.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by 3coins(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

And who told you that the kids who shoot their parents were not beaten up?
lol...see wahala.... Rest na.... Don't beat your kids
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

lol...see wahala.... Rest na.... Don't beat your kids

No wahala at all.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by aisha2008(m): 7:58am On Oct 27, 2015
Am expecting teachers in public schools to respond to this issue . If ur children are in public schools for example, most this students are stubborn and disobedient most if time, on this they required to be canned.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Chigold101(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..
OP you are not serious. Going by your style of writing, you have already taken a position. Which is chaining a child is bad. This is a very bad way of presenting a case or seeking opinion. It is a biased root.

Meanwhile:
I am a father with children. I love my children so very much but I don't spare the rod when necessary. The Bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. I don't cane my children every time but sometimes I do. Because from my own experience cane restores sanity into children, though you cane with caution.
I have other ways of punishing my children but I also use the cane.

Let me say this: prior to my marriage, I vowed never to use cane on my children but as time went on, I discovered that cane should never be far from dad's reach in the house...

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 27, 2015
Disneylady:
I marvelled at some comments on this topic! We are Africans and that's the way we were also brought up. Why will you have to spare the rod and spoil the child? Most of you were brought up this way and turned out good. So u people want to bring 'oyinbo mentality' in this too and destroy the lives and future of our young ones? This is catastrophe!!!
and Africa has been beating their kids since forever and yet we are still not better than the oyibos. don't u think the African way needs to change, since the old ways have not gotten us any further.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babygirlfl: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2015
3coins:

After all the beating, you still ended up like this. Unable to have a simple discussion without insulting someone's mum. So after all the beating your mum gave you, you did not learn to have respect for another human being and their opinion. You have just proved me right.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by junglej: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2015
Its so unfortunate that those supporting beating in schools seem not to be parents yet. When u have your own child that looks into you eyes like you are his only superman, then u can talk.
Some are referring to the past days, if you refer to the past, refer to it to the fullest. How many of you this days with all that is going on can leave your children with neighbors and friends, tell me if u wouldn't be worried.
I can smack my child lightly to make him know what he did was wrong, but you cannot do the same cos u are not me

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by kunzaar83(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Dyt:
DO NOT BEATVMY CHILD
I MEAN DO NOT
I can beat myself but not you
its this kind of mentality that spoils child more than anything, @ a time in children's life they re just like animals, its only discipline that can restore them to order, if ppl knows that they have no right 2 correct Ūя̲̅ child outside bcoZ u think u can do it yourself, trust me no 1 will even tell u anything they do that is wrong they will even be waiting for the time for u to cry bitterly when the child bcome an armed robber, or u think children that end up as armed robbers their parents don't love them? Too much love and being in Ūя̲̅ childs side when ever there is a problem outside, infact ppl ppl will teach Ūя̲̅ child how to smoke marijuana 2 see how u correct them alone, I remember when I was small I dare I go home crying that some 1 beat me outside, worse to even say a fellow pear, I will receive another beating on top, so I advice you teach Ūя̲̅ child to defend himself rather than banning people from beating them, if u don't do that expect high BP from the chnild
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by megley(f): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2015
If the child flouts he school's rules & flogging is the consequence - by all means. As long as its done correctively & not out of hatred & anger.

Different methods for different children. Som children u'll admonish & the'd heed ur words others need bulala

I warned my son about misplacing his biro eeveryday & thaty wenever it happens again he'd get 6strokes

Ithappened again & I had2 let him know dat I meant what I said. I gave him 6 wit a straight face

We've not had a case of misplaced biro since then

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

After all the beating, you still ended up like this. Unable to have a simple discussion without insulting someone's mum. So after all the beating your mum gave you, you did not learn to have respect for another human being and their opinion. You have just proved me right.

Good observation. This is the average Nigerian for you. And this behavior perfectly reflects what he was taught at home. If there is fear involved, he will do the right thing. If he knows, he will go unpunished, he will do the wrong thing. Morally crippled.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2015
junglej:
Its so unfortunate that those supporting beating in schools seem not to be parents yet. When u have your own child that looks into you eyes like you are his only superman, then u can talk.
Some are referring to the past days, if you refer to the past, refer to it to the fullest. How many of you this days with all that is going on can leave your children with neighbors and friends, tell me if u wouldn't be worried.
I can smack my child lightly to make him know what he did was wrong, but you cannot do the same cos u are not me

Beautiful!
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2015
Valeree:

and Africa has been beating their kids since forever and yet we are still not better than the oyibos. don't u think the African way needs to change, since the old ways have not gotten us any further.

EXACTLY!

And what they don't know is that what they call the African way was what other countries called THEIR WAY too 50 years ago.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Moz22: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:
For me,discipline sometimes entails using the cane. When I have my kids later in future,I wouldn't use the cane on them once they are past the age of ten, bcoz I feel by then,a child should be able to stand corrected when admonished and to create a tense-free atmosphere in my home where my kids would be able to sincerely talk to me and their father bout pertinent issues concerning them-without any form of fear. But,in school,by all means the cane should be employed in enforcing discipline. Like it or not,it serves as a deterrent to students. There are students who put up a different personality in school...different from who their parents know them to be.
For a child who doesn't want to be flogged,he'll obey school rules nd do just what's expected of him. Back then while I was still in pry n sec school,I dreaded being flogged,bcoz I'd cry 4 a very long time it would seem as though I was waiting 4 the next coming of Jesus Christ before I stop. For this reason, I did my best to avoid being caned nd until I got to SS3,I wasn't flogged more than twice..those occasions,which of course must have been during mass flogging of the whole class.

Need I say that there are parents who have almost zero ability in rendering discipline to their wards/Kids? The school would help such parents in such an instance.

So,yes,4 me,I subscribe to flogging students in school,as long as it's done moderately and conscientiously. I wouldn't tolerate anything that seems like violence from a teacher,e.g, 24strokes of the cane.
pls can someone get me dis lady?? For God sake?

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by dacovajnr: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Talking sense into Nigerian child? Baami don't let us decieve ourselves..Talking Sense without discipline makes the child feel special thereby misbehaving but Talking sense after flogging helps Nigerian kids alot..infact it adjust them back to their default settings for the main tym till they need servicing again..which happens many once in a month it continues till it get to a certain age n stage when flogging won't be necessary but advice..it would be up to the child to listen or not..there is a saying in yoruba adage that @ a certain stage it becomes..Omo yi ma pa mi,Omo yi ma pa mi(This child don't kill me) and it would get to a stage when it becomes...Omo yi ma pa ara e(This child don't kill yourself
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

Thank you for noting that, I also wondered why he had to refer to the woman as " yeye mother" which was just uncalled for. Nigerians and curses.
meanwhile I feel that this beating is an extension of slavery and punishment by the white masters which was learnt by our fore fathers, and was used to train their kids too now its part of our living. just like they brought Christianity and now we are carrying it on our head, like we are the one's that invented the bible

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by menix(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
callmelanner:

So for ur mind now u be good fellow abi..

Baba I might not be a saint buh if u know what goes on in my head u go follow praise that man..

Back then I sit down nd ask devil to give me a plan.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mindboggler: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2015
Demmocrats:
Immediately I enrol my kids in school I will donate cane specially for my kids and monthly fee to enable the teacher buy good cane.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Mum Tattooes Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / Woman Abandons Hubby In Jail, Dumps Baby In Orphanage, Moves In With 4th Man (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.