Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? (37730 Views)

Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Janix2: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
I need honest answers.
Notice this days that Women earn than men.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Miami11: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
If she is crazy znd deranged she gives out part of her cheque.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by SAMBARRY: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
grin grin grin

Let me dress back grin
Miami11:
If she is crazy znd deranged she gives out part of her cheque.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by MrHighSea: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Her job z to be counting my money

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by TooNoisy(f): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
So what is he giving her husband money for?

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

297 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by lilmax(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Depends on the purpose,if its important then there is nothing wrong with it......seriously which kind question be this?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by lilmax(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
MrHighSea:
Her job z to be counting my money
na xo cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by nawtibownie: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
It depends tho. I won't give a lazy husband who's not ready to work up to half of my salary because he's definitely going to blow it up.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
I think that money should go into a joint bank account created for the purpose of funding family/household projects - but I'm a single lady what do I know.

Three married women I know did this sort of thing on a regular basis, it led to their husbands becoming lazy and slacking off on responsibilities like paying school fees, house rent etcetera practically leaving those responsibilities to their wives to handle.

My only concern and fear is that your husband may go the way the men described above did. On the other hand another true life story of a married couple I know was different from the women above.

Tunde (not real name) was unemployed for seven years and all his attempts at business and finding a stable source of income wasn't yielding fruits. His wife (let's call her Kanwulia) on the other hand was gainfully employed and each time she received her salary she would give all of it to Tunde.

I figure she did this to honour Tunde as her husband and the head of the home. Tunde never took things for granted and always used the money wisely & prudently. No one ever knew the situation in that house for as long as it lasted not even their family & friends.

Today, Tunde & Kanwulia handle pre-marital counseling & classes at a certain church and they often share their story with intending couples.

You know your husband better than I do. Will he in the long run behave like Tunde or the other three husbands I mentioned?

A joint account thingy is what I would do in your shoes and since you earn more you can as well fund the account at a higher ratio than your husband with a caveat.

That caveat being that you are both signatories to the account and one person cannot withdraw funds without the knowledge & signature of the other. That way you are kept in the loop and aware of where your monies collectively as a couple is going to.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nope. Either the whole "family money" is kept together and equally stewarded by Hub and Wifey or she keeps her checkssss grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by cococandy(f): 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
OP Explain pls.
Do you mean she shouldn't bear part of the financial responsibility of the home?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
No! No! No! No! No!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Pidggin(f): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
I can contribute something for the family maintenance, if i am richer, and if i see that he is making some effort but is still facing challenges, but he must be very hardworking and help me out with domestic work

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Atmmachine(m): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
No.
It's not wise for a wife to give part of her monthly salary to her husband.

It's also not wise for a husband to give part of his monthly salary to his wife.

God forbids any husband to give money to any woman.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dammytosh: 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
It depends.

If he is responsible

Husband not boy friend oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by basille(m): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Is your husband not supposed to be your soul mate?

13 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by englishmart(m): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
no o. But it's wise for her to SIT with her legs crossed and get half of my salary

13 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by menix(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hmm..

If she is contributing to the upkeep of the family I don't see an issue..

Irrespective my married colleague salary can take care of his home buh the wife still contributes her quota monthly thou he does not pick the cash from her..

Well, from my own perspective if u re a wealthy fellow, who won't even look at the coins ur wife earns..

Main reason my wealth must stink..

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by CharlieMaria(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
When i get married i will comment.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Not necessarily, except at a time he has an urgent need.

It's best if she uses that part to support the home, buy things that are needed for the home, without bothering the husband for money for Omo or bathing soap.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Demmocrats(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
We are in 2015 not 1970 undecided

Its only a daft lady that does that

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by gabazin080(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
What's the big deal there. Though am working but my gf will bring her salary to me before taking out of it because she trusted me.

Don't let her c this thread o

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by menix(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rukkydelta:
No! No! No! No! No!

Then be prepared to marry a ritualist..

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
No

Anything you know will bring misunderstanding in the future should be avoided in the present.

Use salary to do some house expenses but not giving it to mr husband. If he's a man with pride he won't even ask.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by yorex2011: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
A little vague?

As to what end?

Note the kind of comments that will spring up on this thread, will better help clarify the kind of women we have naija

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Smartresult(f): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
hhhhhhh
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
sihom:
I think that money should go into a joint bank account created for the purpose of funding family/household projects - but I'm a single lady what do I know.

Three married women I know of have done this sort of thing on a regular basis, it led to their husbands becoming lazy and slacking off on responsibilities like paying school fees, house rent etcetera practically leaving those responsibilities to their wives to handle.

My only concern and fear is that your husband may go the way the men described above did. On the other hand another true life story of a married couple I know was different from the women above.

Tunde (not real name) was unemployed for seven years and all his attempts at business/finding aa stable source of income wasn't yielding fruits. His wife (let's call her Kanwulia) on the other hand was gainfully employed and each time she received her salary she would give all of it to Tunde.

I figure she did this to honour him as her husband and the head of the home. Tunde never took things for granted and always used the money wisely & prudently. No one ever knew the situation in that house for as long as it lasted not even their family & friends.

The couple Tunde & Kanwulia handle pre-marital counseling & classes at a certain church and often share their story with intending couples.

You know your husband better than I do. Will he in the long run behave like Tunde or the other three husbands I mentioned?

A joint account thingy is what I would do in your shoes and since you earn more you can as well fund the account at a higher ratio than your husband with a caveat - that caveat being that you are both signatories to the account and one person cannot withdraw funds without the knowledge & signature of the other. That way you are kept in the loop and aware of where your monies collectively as a couple is going to.

It is dicey but then it depends on who he is. Money is nothing but it can change a lot of things.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by thorpido(m): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
What is that money for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) / My 17 Yr Old Sister Is Pregnant... / Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.