Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? (15933 Views)

Quran On Finger Prints / Is Marriage In Islam Compulsory? / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by baysan(m): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Salam alaykum Brodas and Sisters.

Pls How Important is d wolimatul Quran Celebration ,aw does It affect d Life Of a Muslim
, If It is Not Celebrated Can it Hinder One s Good Fortunem
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by madridguy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yes it is compulsory.
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Zaikon(m): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
its not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by arabianights: 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
madridguy:
Yes it is compulsory.

\DEfend why you claim its compulsory with evidences from quran and hadiths

4 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Fundamentalist: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
It's forbidden because it's an innovation in religion. Anybody that thinks otherwise must provide proof for it. When and how it should be conducted

2 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 2:14am On Oct 30, 2015
@ Fundamentalist, your understanding of Islam is very narrow and rigid. You only holding on to a shell (literal meaning of religious texts). How is "walima" an innovation and how is it forbidden?. Do you even care to learn in-dept meaning of the phrase, walima?.

Concept Of Walima in Islam is basically reception, feast, etc. When you graduate from higher institution, you do celebrate, isn't?. Your graduation at the end of your NYSC is "walima". This is where you are presented certificate and honored as a graduate of xyz university student. This graduation of course is not meant for everyone. Some people may choose not to register and be part of reception. They only prefer to obtain their certificate and done with it.

@ madridguy, it's not mandatory. The Islamic concept of "walima" is simply a reception after completion of recitation of Quran. Some students may choose not to be part of it. Therefore, it is optional.

We are nearing the End Of Time where we now have people with half baked knowledge of Islam. They only hold on to a shell and literal interpretation of islamic texts without iota of ilm. To them, anything not written in Islamic text is either bidah or haram. Such approach is vile.

Prophet(SAW) spoke of those people to arrive in the End Of Time. He said:

"There will come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur'an, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts)".(Bukhari)

@ Fundamentalist, I am sure you have no problem with secular concept of graduation after completion of their studies. But when it comes to Islam, suddenly it's bidah!. What nonsense! Your excuse is "neither prophet(SAW) nor aslaf(RA) did it, therefore, it has no basis in Islam."

Such nitwit approach is quiet elementary.

The Arabic word Walima (banquet) is derived from the root word Walam, which literally means to gather and assemble. The Arabs used it for a meal or feast where people were invited and gathered. Later, the term became exclusive for the wedding banquet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Fundamentalist: 6:39am On Oct 30, 2015
Empiree:
@ Fundamentalist, your understanding of Islam is very narrow and rigid. You only holding on to a shell (literal meaning of religious texts). How is "walima" an innovation and how is it forbidden?. Do you even care to learn in-dept meaning of the phrase, walima?.

Concept Of Walima in Islam is basically reception, feast, etc. When you graduate from higher institution, you do celebrate, isn't?. Your graduation at the end of your NYSC is "walima". This is where you are presented certificate and honored as a graduate of xyz university student. This graduation of course is not meant for everyone. Some people may choose not to register and be part of reception. They only prefer to obtain their certificate and done with it.

@ madridguy, it's not mandatory. The Islamic concept of "walima" is simply a reception after completion of recitation of Quran. Some students may choose not to be part of it. Therefore, it is optional.

We are nearing the End Of Time where we now have people with half baked knowledge of Islam. They only hold on to a shell and literal interpretation of islamic texts without iota of ilm. To them, anything not written in Islamic text is either bidah or haram. Such approach is vile.

"There will come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur'an, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts)".(Bukhari)

@ Fundamentalist, I am sure you have no problem with secular concept of graduation after completion of their studies. But when it comes to Islam, suddenly it's bidah. What nonsense! Your excuse is "neither prophet(SAW) nor aslaf(RA) did it, therefore, it has no basis in Islam."

The Arabic word Walima (banquet) is derived from the root word Walam, which literally means to gather and assemble. The Arabs used it for a meal or feast where people were invited and gathered. Later, the term became exclusive for the wedding banquet.

All you have to do is explain to me how it is practiced, since it's a religious obligation according to you.

It's very simple. No abuse. Don't forget to back it up with proofs during your discussion

5 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Fundamentalist:

All you have to do is explain to me how it is practiced, since it's a religious obligation according to you.

It's very simple. No abuse. Don't forget to back it up with proofs during your discussion
In your understanding, what is Walima?. Please kindly define it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Kunlexic(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
@ bro Empiree and fundamentalist for Allah's sake #peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by miftaudeen(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2015
Assalamu alaikum, we don't base our evidence on linguistic meaning of words but what does sharia says about it? that is the Quran, hadith, and how sahabas did it. Example As-salatu means prayer but in sharia it means to do rukuhu, sujud for Allah alone. walima means to celebrate linguistically but walimatul Quran in sharia I have not seen concrete evidence for it

3 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by lanrexlan(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2015
Fundamentalist:
It's forbidden because it's an innovation in religion. Anybody that thinks otherwise must provide proof for it. When and how it should be conducted
Please Mister, what the ruling on Qur'an competition? Is it allowed or not? If yes, please furnish it with proofs

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
miftaudeen:
Assalamu alaikum, we don't base our evidence on linguistic meaning of words but what does sharia says about it? that is the Quran, hadith, and how sahabas did it. Example As-salatu means prayer but in sharia it means to do rukuhu, sujud for Allah alone. walima means to celebrate linguistically but walimatul Quran in sharia I have not seen concrete evidence for it
You confused? grin

And in "As-salatu", do they prostrate to Muhammad(SAW)?.

Yes, linguistically, Islam must be understood by that as well.

Islam would have so boring if Ulama were to use your methodology undecided
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by miftaudeen(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2015
Empiree:
You confused? grin

And in "As-salatu", do they prostrate to Muhammad(SAW)?.

Yes, linguistically, Islam must be understood by that as well.

Islam would have so boring if Ulama were to use your methodology undecided
so because your ulama don't want Islam to be boring that is why they introduced As-salatu group, maolud nabbiy and all kind of innovation, subhanallah that is not islam

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
miftaudeen:
[s]so because your ulama don't want Islam to be boring that is why they introduced As-salatu group, maolud nabbiy and all kind of innovation, subhanallah that is not islam[/s]
humm, "As-salatu" is also innovation , weiting we no go hear in the Last Age undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by miftaudeen(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Empiree:
humm, "As-salatu" is also innovation , weiting we no go hear in the Last Age undecided
Doing as-salat for prophet Muhammad s.a.w is not innovation but why gathering together as if u are singing and series of innovative kalmah u people are chanting in jamah are bidiah

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
miftaudeen:
Doing as-salat for prophet Muhammad s.a.w is not innovation
Ma sha Allah. Good to hear this.

but why gathering together as if u are singing
Lol, stick to what you know. You never heard of doing dhikr in gathering?. You never came across ahadith supporting group dhikr?. Well, I am not surprised. It's laziness and envy that make people condemn group dhikr. And of course it is not compulsory but it has many benefits to derive from it. So maybe you may want to return to madrasa for further studies undecided

and series of innovative kalmah u people are chanting in jamah are bidiah
Kalima means word. Jamah means congregation. So kindly tell me the word they chant?.

How is chanting for example, La ilaha ila Allah in congregation a bid'ah?

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by dragnet: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
what more do you expect when people start interpreting Shari'a with dictionary?!
it should be noted that words have literal & shar'i interpretations.

and walimatul Quran isn't compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
dragnet:
walimatul Quran isn't compulsory.
is it bidah and haram?
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by dragnet: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Empiree:
is it bidah and haram?

Bid'a? this depends on where it is categorized, if it's tagged as part of the deen then it is. Except you can provide evidence and/or precedence for it.
haram? I can't say.

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
dragnet:

Bid'a? this depends on where it is categorized, if it's tagged as part of the deen then it is. Except you can provide evidence and/or precedence for it.
haram? I can't say.
Now you talk sense. You can at least rationalize unlike your brother in the same ideology who quickly termed it bid'ah and haram. No one says it's part of the Deen. It is just one of the many activities that promote islam, strengthens Iman of muslims and brings about non obligatory activity. That's just it.

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by truelyt: 5:04am On Nov 23, 2015
everything bid'ah....
haba...
even Saudi Arabia hav developed Mecca,people go on pilgrimage on foot or camels before but now we fly n use cars.
bidah again abi?

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by LuckyLadolce(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
miftaudeen:
so anyone who do it will enter hellfire?
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Empiree:
Ma sha Allah. Good to hear this.

Lol, stick to what you know. You never heard of doing dhikr in gathering?. You never came across ahadith supporting group dhikr?. Well, I am not surprised. It's laziness and envy that make people condemn group dhikr. And of course it is not compulsory but it has many benefits to derive from it. So maybe you may want to return to madrasa for further studies undecided

Kalima means word. Jamah means congregation. So kindly tell me the word they chant?.

How is chanting for example, La ilaha ila Allah in congregation a bid'ah?
do u attend asalatus ( Sunday asalatu all white e. G. )? Cos i get what point the bro is trying to make
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Its not compulsory. Its if u can affird it and if u so wish. If not u can just mark its ending with dua.
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
enieme:

do u attend asalatus ( Sunday asalatu all white e. G. )? Cos i get what point the bro is trying to make
the last time I attended was 2001 in lagos. I have not been able to attend bcus I'm not in any of the environment its conducted. Besides, I'm a private person. I do dhikr singly in my privacy but I do not condemn group dhikr. It's beneficial. If some people are doing it for show off or introduced something silly- that has nothing to do with its essence.

What point are you talking about he's trying to raise?
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
Empiree:

@ Fundamentalist, I am sure you have no problem with secular concept of graduation after completion of their studies. But when it comes to Islam, suddenly it's bidah. What nonsense! Your excuse is "neither prophet(SAW) nor aslaf(RA) did it, therefore, it has no basis in Islam."

@Fundamentalist, watch this video, here is your Sheik Imran Majeed Eleha that you revered so much. He acknowledged walimotul Quran and even other forms of walimot. Brother, you need to embrace broad scope of ilm and do away with unnecessary rigidity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doX4K9ax0Sc
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Empiree:
the last time I attended was 2001 in lagos. I have not been able to attend bcus I'm not in any of the environment its conducted. Besides, I'm a private person. I do dhikr singly in my privacy but I do not condemn group dhikr. It's beneficial. If some people are doing it for show off or introduced something silly- that has nothing to do with its essence.

What point are you talking about he's trying to raise?
choosing special dates and clothes to make duke? Reciting dhikr in congregrationbout loudly? Btw most of these asalats are attended by females. It's not about show off but the act itself. It's better to make dhikr by one's self. And I'm sure where u are u also haven't found any such thing as asalats gathering as u woMr find in any religious country xcept nigeria
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
enieme:

choosing special dates and clothes to make duke? Reciting dhikr in congregrationbout loudly? Btw most of these asalats are attended by females. It's not about show off but the act itself. It's better to make dhikr by one's self. And I'm sure where u are u also haven't found any such thing as asalats gathering as u woMr find in any religious country xcept nigeria
please leave those people alone. If they don't bother you nor do they invite you, please its none of your business. There are ahadith also in favor of group dhikr and its beneficial. I benefited from it that's why I'm able to stand on my own today. I have told you that I do mine in privacy but I see no reason to condemn group dhikr as long as what they do is within sharia.

If you are not invited and you go there condemning them, they have the right to ship you out from the arena faster than federal express.

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
Empiree:
please leave those people alone. If they don't bother you nor do they invite you, please its none of your business. There are ahadith also in favor of group dhikr and its beneficial. I benefited from it that's why I'm able to stand on my own today. I have told you that I do mine in privacy but I see no reason to condemn group dhikr as long as what they do is within sharia.

If you are not invited and you go there condemning them, they have the right to ship you out from the arena faster than federal express.
I wasn't condemning anyone. Just analysing the Islamic rulin on asalats. Someone was curious as regards d ruling. Though I personally don't attend a salatus.
Take a chill pill bro.
Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
enieme:

I wasn't condemning anyone. Just analysing the Islamic rulin on asalats. Someone was curious as regards d ruling. Though I personally don't attend a salatus.
Take a chill pill bro.
"ruling".....what ruling, Saudi shuyuk's?.

Qur'an says to send Salam and salutations on the prophet. So do it however you want.... wherever you want except where its forbidden to do so like bathroom etc.

Even if you are having intercourse with your wife say salat on the prophet. That's how deep it's.

As for choosing specific date (Sunday), I really think you need to enlighten yourself on that. Back in the 80s, early 90s and before then it was all about churches on Sundays. What we saw was white garment people. This attracted young muslims and weak ones. They joined churches and Christianity altogether. We only have Friday to gather. But juma'ah is only 45 mins to an hour and we done. So what other program(s) muslims have than that? ...none.

Truly, Sunday is not prescribed but it's Mustahab if people chose to gather for religious purposes. It was dua of Sheik Adam al-ilory that was accepted. I read his story that he lamented to Allah despite his efforts on Yoruba folks, islam still far behind. He only saw white garment folks on Sundays .....churches everywhere. He made dua before he passed. His dua was accepted after he passed. It was then different islamic organizations emerged in the early 90s like nasfat, ansardeen etc. That's how Sunday as-salatu came about. The intention is to make it voluntary religious program. Not mandatory act of worship.

This is what sheikh Adam called acts that are flexible rather than rigid. It benefits include nominal muslims becoming practicing ones and non muslims becoming muslims. It's duration is lengthier than Jum'ah. Yes, more women are there. .that's even better than joining clubs. All they need to do is to coordinate it very well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Empiree:
"ruling".....what ruling, Saudi shuyuk's?.

Qur'an says to send Salam and salutations on the prophet. So do it however you want.... wherever you want except where its forbidden to do so like bathroom etc.

Even if you are having intercourse with your wife say salat on the prophet. That's how deep it's.

As for choosing specific date (Sunday), I really think you need to enlighten yourself on that. Back in the 80s, early 90s and before then it was all about churches on Sundays. What we saw was white garment people. This attracted young muslims and weak ones. They joined churches and Christianity altogether. We only have Friday to gather. But juma'ah is only 45 mins to an hour and we done. So what other program(s) muslims have than that? ...none.

Truly, Sunday is not prescribed but it's Mustahab if people chose to gather for religious purposes. It was dua of Sheik Adam al-ilory that was accepted. I read his story that he lamented to Allah despite his efforts on Yoruba folks, islam still far behind. He only saw white garment folks on Sundays .....churches everywhere. He made dua before he passed. His dua was accepted after he passed. It was then different islamic organizations emerged in the early 90s like nasfat, ansardeen etc. That's how Sunday as-salatu came about. The intention is to make it voluntary religious program. Not mandatory act of worship.

This is what sheik Adam called acts that are flexible rather than rigidity. It benefits include nominal muslims becoming practicing ones and non muslims becoming muslims. It's duration is lengthier than Jum'ah. Yes, more women are there. .that's even better than joining clubs. All they need to do is to coordinate it very well.
lol. that's d view u hold. I dont hold d same.
so asalatus are a copied traditionbborne out of jealousy for Christians that gather onbsundays and weewear white garments?

1 Like

Re: Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? by Empiree: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
enieme:

lol. that's d view u hold. I dont hold d same.
so asalatus are a copied traditionbborne out of jealousy for Christians that gather onbsundays and weewear white garments?
See the way you think?. Sad. Is there anything in my writeup that says jealousy?. Do you remember in the 90s along Lagos-Ibadan expressway where Adeboye's church creates unnecessary holdup in order to gain attention?. Do you think it was by accident? . Do you think it was only for show? . No my friend. Their purpose was fulfilled and that's to get converts. Yes, they got millions of converts from muslims with their fake miracle.

So muslims also stepped up their game with them while you people do nothing because in your world prophet (saw) and Sahaba (ra) did not do that.

Looks like you have no idea what I'm taking about. Did you care to learn that little piece of history? . It's deeper than what I typed here. Let me give you little details. Pastors across nigeria were funded by USA and the west to end islam in Africa in 10 yrs (by 2001). Alhamdulilah they failed. Majority ulama is islam were asleep while these evil people perpetrated their deeds. So nasfat, ansardeen and all that stood up to them. If they were to use your methodology i:e prophet and Sahaba didn't do this and that, entire yoruba land and the east would be christianity by now. But their plan failed. If I see videos of pastor (now a muslim) who was actively involved in the crusade gave his account of the incident I will post it here and you must watch it before your say anything.

Your methodology is wrong. No pawn intended.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Foods That Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) Liked & Th / How To Inculcate Effective Leadership Skills In Your Child / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.