Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,189 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos (3132 Views)

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada / Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos / Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by mej67: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
When you research the term ‘spin doctor’, you are likely going to have such definitions as “Somebody who works in or for the media who ensures that the public understands things from a certain perspective” and “a person (as a political aide) responsible for ensuring that others interpret matters from a particular point of view”

TonyeBarcanista is a spin doctor. I must confess that I am one of those who have been proud of his work. Ride on, Barcanister.

I make this current submission in response to TonyeBarcanista’s “Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists” at Politics – Nairaland1, which essentially wanted the Igbos not to ever make claim to Port Harcourt, that Port Harcourt is not Igboland.

Guess what? Tonyebarcanister is right! Port Harcourt remains the aboriginal home to Ikweres and Okirikas, as he said; not Igbos.

Now, to the point. Barcanista, Sir, Igbos are not claiming Port Harcourt. Igbos never at any point claimed Port Harcourt and I am sure that there is no plan or intention for the Igbos to ever lay claim to Port Harcourt.

Issue is, there is now a growing number of spin doctors who equate Biafra with Igbo. That is an unfortunate twist of history for Biafra is not Igbo or should I say Igbo alone. Attributing Biafra to Igbo is incorrect. Igbo may be predominant in Biafra but it is wrong to think of Biafra territory as Igbo land. Biafra was Biafra as then declared and Igboland is but part of it. Whenever Biafra is defined or discussed, Port Harcourt will be part of the territory that was Biafra. That is just the historical facts. Can TonyeBarcanista disprove this fact? No, he can’t. Reason: There has been no new discussion and definition of Biafra territory except as it was on the day of declaration of the republic in 1967. Given, the Nigerian army decimated and devastated the entire area and re-annexed it into ‘one Nigeria’, but anytime reference is made to Biafra, what is meant is that original nation that was and was no more.

Ikwere was Biafra. Bonny was Biafra and Port Harcourt was Biafra.

Today, the issue of Biafra is becoming narrowly defined as an Igbo affair, but that is wrong from historical perspective. Biafra was not an Igbo-alone project! That is revisionism. That is a fallacy.

Hear TonyeBarcanista “Show Respect For Our Territories: I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially.” This is a bad spin. If you replace “Igbo” with “Biafra” in above expression, you get the fact. Port Harcourt was a Biafran city. IPOB is about Biafra not Igbo.

Quite Frankly, I don’t really know much about Igweocha, but natives may have an old dialect for referring to a place yonder their territory. I have heard of Fernanda Po, I have heard of Potokiri but these are colloquial references to places. Even the Biafran administration did not rename Port Harcourt.

For all those being deceived by spin doctors that Igbos brought about Biafra, please a good look at history books will be necessary.

In Barcanistar’s style, I usher the following points:

1. The geographic territory of the defunct Biafra nation has never been in doubt and actually pre-dated Nigeria2.
As a simple guide, there were three regions –the Eastern, Western and Norther Regions of Nigeria and later, the Mid-Western region. Biafra would be equal to the entire old Eastern Region and mainly the Igbo-speaking Mid-west. The Biafran war was never about expanding the Igbo territory, but to defend the new nation called Republic of Biafra. Alas, it became impossible. Please note this quote from Wikipedia on Biafra (para. 6) “Biafra as a territory existed long before the amalgamation and independence of Nigeria as a republic.”

2. Biafra was NOT an Igbo affair:
The old Eastern Region was home to Igbos, of course. So it was for many other tribes, all making up one region –Efiks, Ibibios, etc., etc., quite a long list; and they all existed and operated well in the region that, at some point, had a higher economic growth rate than the Asian Tigers. It is on record that the man that suggested the name “Biafra” was Chief Frank Opigo an Izon, not Igbo, who later served as the administrator of Yenagoa Province of Biafra and the commissioner for rural development3. The second in command to Col. Ojukwu, the Vice President of the defunct Biafra was Obong Philip Efiong, who actually became the Head of State as Ojukwu departed and saw to the surrender and closure of the Bifran chapter as at then. Not an Igbo man. He is from current Akwa Ibom. I don’t need to mention Victor Banjo and others.

Note that at the declaration of independent Biafra Republic on 30 May 1967, there was no record of revolt in any part of the then Eastern Region (Biafra). The Ikweres did not revolt, the Okirikas did not, the Efiks did not, the Izons did not. We were all together in the venture until they started to divide us.

3. Igbos never annex territory:
Start from the defunct Eastern Region; although the Igbos was the predominant tribe by population, there were no incidences of annexation of territories or acquisition of homesteads of other tribes within the Region. The Region was peaceful and was able to achieve great economic feats that would have been impossible in an environment of hostility in between the tribes or between Igbos and the other tribes. Igbos simply need to trade with others, not acquire their lands, territories, properties and wives. What Igbos make from trading is enough for them, and they use it to buy, acquire and develop property, not annex or expand territory. Igboland has a more or less known and fixed territory and has been so for many centuries. Igbos do not want to conquer at the same time, they do not want to be conquered,

4. Denial of Biafra is an induced reaction since the end of the war:
As Biafran terrirories fell into the hands of Nigerian army, denial of Biafra was made a condition for staying alive for all those in the Biafran territory and every Biafran was faced with either accepting and professing “one Nigeria” or execution. We all professed “one Nigeria”, no shame about it. One has to be alive to agitate.

[b]5. The current agitation for Biafra hopes to adopt a different approach –a civil approach, not war:
Other than violence and strife, I am one of those who believe that something positive can be achieved from drawing attention to the poor conditions of a people forced to be in an arrangement that is not beneficial to them. Such was the birth of the concept of indigenous of people of Biafra, which, I believe, is hoped to be more acceptable and understandable, especially to the international community and the UN. Of course, in fullness of time, there shall be discussions and choices on who wishes to be in the new Biafra because, Biafrans cannot complain about Nigeria being foisted on them and then end up foisting Biafra on those that do not want it.

On another note, for all those being deceived by spin doctors that Igbos want to dominate you, that Igbos want to expand and take your homes, please worry not. Igbos are not interested in these things and I can prove it. Ask yourself, whose territory have Igbos annexed before in history? Who have the Igbos really dominated before? Find the answers to this question by knowing that as Igbos travel all over the world, if their goal was to dominate or annex territories, they would not be everywhere you find the Igbos today. Igbos would rather lord it on people they are able to dominate or find it easy to take their territory rather than being in the developed Western world, the now blossoming Asia and in fact, in every part of the globe.

Truth be said, the Igbo simply want to be successful. The Igbo want to live decently. The Igbo detest strife. It spoils business for them. The Igbo is not after your land or territory. If an Igbo man wants your land, he will come to you with a keg of palm wine or equivalent like carton of Carlo Rossi, ask you nicely, negotiate with you, and pay you a reasonable price in exchange.

Now, speaking from Igbo perspective, for our neighbours in South South (mind you, I did not say brothers), it remains to be seen what the gain is to you of siding the grand beneficiaries of the Nigerian project. First, to weaken Biafra, there was the first creation of States to give you a false sense of independence (from Igbos). But that ended up the way it has today –with your resources being spread across the length and breadth of the Northern Nigeria who now has no incentive to collect taxes from their people because your crude revenue is just what they need. Check the recent listing of States and their IGR4 and see what is happening.

They made you believe the Igbo was/is your problem but that is not supported from any empirical evidence. Imagine if all that revenue did not have to be spread to Chad basin. I sometimes like to fantasize about this. Meanwhile, if it is about crude and gas. The Igbo is not as baren as Sokoto and Borno.

Anyway, going on, following the first creation of states, was the declaration of abandoned property, which basically was about bribing you with the ‘spoils of war’, to strengthen your resolve to part ways with Igbos forever. Extreme divide and rule, I'd say. This you gladly embraced and went ahead to appropriate Igbo property in Port Harcourt and environs. This, Igbos have long forgiven and moved on. That's history now. But the question continues to be there –is the South-Southerner better off today? What I personally see are issues everywhere -the needless killing of Prof Ken Saro Wiwa, the devastation of Ogoni land which became an evenue of politicking even when President Jonathan was there, the begging for 50% derivation, the broader Niger delta militancy, etc., etc...

That's an aside. The choice remains yours. In the new Biafra, if you do not want, you will not be part. But since discussion is about the only Biafra we have always known, Tonyebarcanister, if you are truly from Okrika, you are a Biafran, that is, if you agree that Biafrans are those that inhabit the territory then and today referred as Biafra; Port Harcourt a Biafran city, Okrika and Ikwere, Biafran territories (of course, as it then was). Let me hear you say tuffiakwa! But, yes, you are not Igbo and there is no interest in making you one.

Notes
1. https://www.nairaland.com/2691679/dear-igbos-dont-hate-not
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biafra
3. https://www.nairaland.com/2689230/photo-man-suggested-name-biafra#39345850
4. https://www.nairaland.com/2689625/states-internally-generated-revenue-see

20 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Atlantian: 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
Barcanista is not well-informed about the Biafra Dream and Ideal.

8 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by domopps(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jesus! God knows I didn't read the super story!

Cheeeers
Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by vani86: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Very enlightening read.

Most sensible piece about biafra i have ever read.

Cheers bruv

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by bugzbunny: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
Atlantian:
Barcanista is not informed about the Biafra Dream and Ideal.

Barcanista is an attention seeker
I urge all patriots including the Op to ignore his thread... D dude is confused.. Collectively we can make him irrelevant on Nairaland...

8 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
mej67:
When you research the term ‘spin doctor’, you are likely going to have such definitions as “Somebody who works in or for the media who ensures that the public understands things from a certain perspective” and “a person (as a political aide) responsible for ensuring that others interpret matters from a particular point of view”

TonyeBarcanista is a spin doctor. I must confess that I am one of those who have been proud of his work. Ride on, Barcanister.

I make this current submission in response to TonyeBarcanista’s “Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists” at Politics – Nairaland1, which essentially wanted the Igbos not to ever make claim to Port Harcourt, that Port Harcourt is not Igboland.

Guess what? Tonyebarcanister is right! Port Harcourt remains the aboriginal home to Ikweres and Okirikas, as he said; not Igbos.

Now, to the point. Barcanista, Sir, Igbos are not claiming Port Harcourt. Igbos never at any point claimed Port Harcourt and I am sure that there is no plan or intention for the Igbos to ever lay claim to Port Harcourt.

Issue is, there is now a growing number of spin doctors who equate Biafra with Igbo. That is an unfortunate twist of history for Biafra is not Igbo or should I say Igbo alone. Attributing Biafra to Igbo is incorrect. Igbo may be predominant in Biafra but it is wrong to think of Biafra territory as Igbo land. Biafra was Biafra as then declared and Igboland is but part of it. Whenever Biafra is defined or discussed, Port Harcourt will be part of the territory that was Biafra. That is just the historical facts. Can TonyeBarcanista disprove this fact? No, he can’t. Reason: There has been no new discussion and definition of Biafra territory except as it was on the day of declaration of the republic in 1967. Given, the Nigerian army decimated and devastated the entire area and re-annexed it into ‘one Nigeria’, but anytime reference is made to Biafra, what is meant is that original nation that was and was no more.

Ikwere was Biafra. Bonny was Biafra and Port Harcourt was Biafra.

Today, the issue of Biafra is becoming narrowly defined as an Igbo affair, but that is wrong from historical perspective. Biafra was not an Igbo-alone project! That is revisionism. That is a fallacy.

Hear TonyeBarcanista “Show Respect For Our Territories: I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially.” This is a bad spin. If you replace “Igbo” with “Biafra” in above expression, you get the fact. Port Harcourt was a Biafran city. IPOB is about Biafra not Igbo.

Quite Frankly, I don’t really know much about Igweocha, but natives may have an old dialect for referring to a place yonder their territory. I have heard of Fernanda Po, I have heard of Potokiri but these are colloquial references to places. Even the Biafran administration did not rename Port Harcourt.

For all those being deceived by spin doctors that Igbos brought about Biafra, please a good look at history books will be necessary.

In Barcanistar’s style, I usher the following points:

1. The geographic territory of the defunct Biafra nation has never been in doubt and actually pre-dated Nigeria2.
As a simple guide, there were three regions –the Eastern, Western and Norther Regions of Nigeria and later, the Mid-Western region. Biafra would be equal to the entire old Eastern Region and mainly the Igbo-speaking Mid-west. The Biafran war was never about expanding the Igbo territory, but to defend the new nation called Republic of Biafra. Alas, it became impossible. Please note this quote from Wikipedia on Biafra (para. 6) “Biafra as a territory existed long before the amalgamation and independence of Nigeria as a republic.”

2. Biafra was NOT an Igbo affair:
The old Eastern Region was home to Igbos, of course. So it was for many other tribes, all making up one region –Efiks, Ibibios, etc., etc., quite a long list; and they all existed and operated well in the region that, at some point, had a higher economic growth rate than the Asian Tigers. It is on record that the man that suggested the name “Biafra” was Chief Frank Opigo an Izon, not Igbo, who later served as the administrator of Yenagoa Province of Biafra and the commissioner for rural development3. The second in command to Col. Ojukwu, the Vice President of the defunct Biafra was Obong Philip Efiong, who actually became the Head of State as Ojukwu departed and saw to the surrender and closure of the Bifran chapter as at then. Not an Igbo man. He is from current Akwa Ibom. I don’t need to mention Victor Banjo and others.

Note that at the declaration of independent Biafra Republic on 30 May 1967, there was no record of revolt in any part of the then Eastern Region (Biafra). The Ikweres did not revolt, the Okirikas did not, the Efiks did not, the Izons did not. We were all together in the venture until they started to divide us.

3. Igbos never annex territory:
Start from the defunct Eastern Region; although the Igbos was the predominant tribe by population, there were no incidences of annexation of territories or acquisition of homesteads of other tribes within the Region. The Region was peaceful and was able to achieve great economic feats that would have been impossible in an environment of hostility in between the tribes or between Igbos and the other tribes. Igbos simply need to trade with others, not acquire their lands, territories, properties and wives. What Igbos make from trading is enough for them, and they use it to buy, acquire and develop property, not annex or expand territory. Igboland has a more or less known and fixed territory and has been so for many centuries. Igbos do not want to conquer at the same time, they do not want to be conquered,

4. Denial of Biafra is an induced reaction since the end of the war:
As Biafran terrirories fell into the hands of Nigerian army, denial of Biafra was made a condition for staying alive for all those in the Biafran territory and every Biafran was faced with either accepting and professing “one Nigeria” or execution. We all professed “one Nigeria”, no shame about it. One has to be alive to agitate.

[b]5. The current agitation for Biafra hopes to adopt a different approach –a civil approach, not war:
Other than violence and strife, I am one of those who believe that something positive can be achieved from drawing attention to the poor conditions of a people forced to be in an arrangement that is not beneficial to them. Such was the birth of the concept of indigenous of people of Biafra, which, I believe, is hoped to be more acceptable and understandable, especially to the international community and the UN. Of course, in fullness of time, there shall be discussions and choices on who wishes to be in the new Biafra because, Biafrans cannot complain about Nigeria being foisted on them and then end up foisting Biafra on those that do not want it.

On another note, for all those being deceived by spin doctors that Igbos want to dominate you, that Igbos want to expand and take your homes, please worry not. Igbos are not interested in these things and I can prove it. Ask yourself, whose territory have Igbos annexed before in history? Who have the Igbos really dominated before? Find the answers to this question by knowing that as Igbos travel all over the world, if their goal was to dominate or annex territories, they would not be everywhere you find the Igbos today. Igbos would rather lord it on people they are able to dominate or find it easy to take their territory rather than being in the developed Western world, the now blossoming Asia and in fact, in every part of the globe.

Truth be said, the Igbo simply want to be successful. The Igbo want to live decently. The Igbo detest strife. It spoils business for them. The Igbo is not after your land or territory. If an Igbo man wants your land, he will come to you with a keg of palm wine or equivalent like carton of Carlo Rossi, ask you nicely, negotiate with you, and pay you a reasonable price in exchange.

Now, speaking from Igbo perspective, for our neighbours in South South (mind you, I did not say brothers), it remains to be seen what the gain is to you of siding the grand beneficiaries of the Nigerian project. First, to weaken Biafra, there was the first creation of States to give you a false sense of independence (from Igbos). But that ended up the way it has today –with your resources being spread across the length and breadth of the Northern Nigeria who now has no incentive to collect taxes from their people because your crude revenue is just what they need. Check the recent listing of States and their IGR4 and see what is happening.

They made you believe the Igbo was/is your problem but that is not supported from any empirical evidence. Imagine if all that revenue did not have to be spread to Chad basin. I sometimes like to fantasize about this. Meanwhile, if it is about crude and gas. The Igbo is not as baren as Sokoto and Borno.

Anyway, going on, following the first creation of states, was the declaration of abandoned property, which basically was about bribing you with the ‘spoils of war’, to strengthen your resolve to part ways with Igbos forever. Extreme divide and rule, I'd say. This you gladly embraced and went ahead to appropriate Igbo property in Port Harcourt and environs. This, Igbos have long forgiven and moved on. That's history now. But the question continues to be there –is the South-Southerner better off today? What I personally see are issues everywhere -the needless killing of Prof Ken Saro Wiwa, the devastation of Ogoni land which became an evenue of politicking even when President Jonathan was there, the begging for 50% derivation, the broader Niger delta militancy, etc., etc...

That's an aside. The choice remains yours. In the new Biafra, if you do not want, you will not be part. But since discussion is about the only Biafra we have always known, Tonyebarcanister, if you are truly from Okrika, you are a Biafran, that is, if you agree that Biafrans are those that inhabit the territory then and today referred as Biafra; Port Harcourt a Biafran city, Okrika and Ikwere, Biafran territories (of course, as it then was). Let me hear you say tuffiakwa! But, yes, you are not Igbo and there is no interest in making you one.

Notes
1. https://www.nairaland.com/2691679/dear-igbos-dont-hate-not
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biafra
3. https://www.nairaland.com/2689230/photo-man-suggested-name-biafra#39345850
4. https://www.nairaland.com/2689625/states-internally-generated-revenue-see
Well said, good response to barcanista's thread. The so called Niger deltans think everyone is after their oil and the biafra thing is an igbo tactics of seizing their lands and extracting the oil for the selfish gain of the igbos, and they fail to acknowledge the fact that the SE states are not desert lands like the northern states. Anambra, abia, and imo have enough oil to boost the biafra economy if it was made up of just the 5 SE states

9 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by jlinkd78(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Barcanista Biafra is not all about Igbos alone

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
VonBismark:
Well said, good response to barcanista's thread. The so called Niger deltans think everyone is after their oil and the biafra thing is an igbo tactics of seizing their lands and extracting the oil for the selfish gain of the igbos, and they fail to acknowledge the fact that the SE states are not desert lands like the northern states. Anambra, abia, and imo have enough oil to boost the biafra economy if it was made up of just the 5 SE states

Since ur 5 eastern states have everything why not make Biafra ur 5 eastern state only.
Stop dragging any south south nations.
The whole of Delta State (Including Asaba) was never at anytime in history part of Eastern region and will never be.

2 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT OUR DEAR COUNTRY "BIAFRA"

1. CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU WAS NEVER THE ORIGINATOR OF THE TERM "BIAFRA" AND WAS NOT THE FIRST LEADER/PRESIDENT OF THE NATION "BIAFRA", ;
BIAFRA HAVE HAD KINGS/EMPERORS AND LEADERS EVEN BEFORE OJUKWU WAS BORN.AN IZON SPEAKING BIAFRAN CHIEF FRANK OPIGO DAWAI 111,AMANANAOWEI OF ANGIAMA,REMINDED BIAFRANS ON THE 27TH OF MAY 1967 THAT OUR ORIGINAL NAME IS ACTUALLY BIAFRA AND IT WAS ADOPTED BY THE EASTERN REGION HOUSE OF CHIEFS HELD IN ENUGU WITH ALL THE CHIEFS FROM THE CLANS OF BIAFRA WERE PRESENT.
THIS PRECEDED THE 30TH OF MAY 1967 DECLARATION OF THE SOVEREIGN STATE OF BIAFRA WITH THE HOISTING OF THE FLAG OF THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN

2. NIGERIA NEVER EXIST BEFORE BIAFRA BUT RATHER BIAFRA EXISTED BEFORE NIGERIA;
BIAFRA EXISTED CENTURIES EVEN BEFORE THE COLONIAL ERA AND THE ALMAGAMATION OF THE SOUTH AND NORTHERN PART OF THE ZOO CALLED NIGERIA.THE 19TH CENTURY MAPATTACHED IS ONE AMONG THE NUMEROUS ANCIENT MAPS OF AFRICA THAT PREDATES 112TH CENTURY.

3. THE SO CALLED EASTERN REGION OF NIGERIA IS FAR LESS/SMALLER IN SIZE/LAND MARK COMPARED TO THE ENTIRE BIAFRAN TERRITORY;
THE BIAFRAN LANDS/TERRITORIES CONSISTS/CUTS ACROSS SIX PRESENT DAY NATIONS/COUNTRIES NAMELY; NIGERIA, CAMEROON, EQUITORIAL GUINEA(Bioko island and Rio Muni) GARBON, SOU TOME ANDPRECEPE.

4. THE REAL NAME FOR RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE GULF OF GUINEA CURRENTLY KNOWN AS THE BIGHT OF BONNY IS "THE BIGHT OF BIAFRA",
THE BIGHT OF BIAFRA A TERM USED TO DESCRIBE THE SEA SHORE/BANK OF THE GREAT BIAFRAN NATION WAS CHANGED TO BIGHT OF BONNY AFTER THE NIGERIA-BIAFRA GENOCIDAL WAR OF 1966-1970 BY THE THEN NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT, IN AN ATTEMPT AND WITH THE AIM OF ERASING THE NAME "BIAFRA" FROM THE MINDS OF BIAFRANS AS THEY FEAR THAT THE NAME MIGHT TRIGGER ANOTHER WAR.

5. HISTORY AS A SCHOOL SUBJECT WAS REMOVED FROM ALL SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN THE EAST(BIAFRA LAND) AND REPLACED WITH GOVERNMENT FOR MANY REASONS BORDERING MOSTLY ON HIDING THE TRUTH FROM THE BIAFRANS ABOUT WHO THEY, WHO THERE ENEMIES AND FRIENDS ARE, IT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE TO ERASE THEIR PAST FROM THEIR MEMORIES WHEREAS THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THE NORTH STILL DO HISTORY IN SCHOOLS TILL DATE.

6. "ENYI MBA" AS ABA IN ABIA STATE IS POPULARLY CALLED IS NOT JUST A NAME FOR SOME GROUP OF PERSONS THAT BEHAVES LIKE ELEPHANTS IN ACTION BUT ALSO A NAME FOR A CERTAIN AREA OR PEOPLE IN ANCIENT BIAFRA LAND WHERE PURE AND NATURAL AFRICAN ELEPHANT ARE FOUND AND TRAINED AND THE PEOPLE ARE KNOWN FORIT, BUT TODAY WE ONLY HAVE SUCH NAMES IN WORDS BUT HAVE NO ELEPHANTS TO SHOW FOR IT, WHO DESTROYED THIS ANCIENT EMPIRE ?

7. THERE WERE AND ARE STILL ANCIENT MAPS OF AFRICAN IN MOST AMERICAN MUSEUMS FOR ARTS AND CULTURE OF PEOPLE AND COUNTRIES SHOWING THE VARIOUS COUNTRIES, NATIONS/EMPIRES IN AFRICA BEFORE THE INVASION OF THE WHITES AS PRODUCED BY THE COLONIAL MASTER SUCH AS BRITAIN, FRANCE, GERMANY, AND PORTUGAL IN WHICH THE BIAFRAN EMPIRE/NATION APPEARED TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST EMPIRES/NATIONS OF THAT ERA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by EasternLion: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice writeup.

Succinctly put and aptly on point...

Chukwu Okike Abiama me gi Eze.

8 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by AZeD1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Using a 1967 map in 2015? Like seriously?
Are you going to also fight Cameroon for Bakassi since it was also part of the Eastern region then?

1 Like

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by IGBOSON1: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Atlantian:
Barcanista is not well-informed about the Biafra Dream and Ideal.

^^^And you can add Afam to that as well!

Never allow your enemies to define who you are; your past/history; or who is or isn't your brother/cousin!

3 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

Since ur 5 eastern states have everything why not make Biafra ur 5 eastern state only.
The whole of Delta State (Including Asaba) was never at anytime in history part of Eastern region and will never be.
Oga go and read what the OP wrote and stop embracing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by UmuEri(m): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Wow! Well articulated!

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by IGBOSON1: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

^^^Shut up!

Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing Biafra on them!

The operative phrase here is Freedom of Choice! Something your 'one Nigeria' can never grant or guarantee....not even in a million years! They need your preachings on freedom of association more than anyone else!

6 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
AZeD1:
Are you going to also fight Cameroon for Bakassi since it was also part of the Eastern region then?

Perhaps Arewa-Oduanistans can get us Bakassi back, since you traded it away for crude oil spoils.

5 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

Mumu, do you want me to call Ugomba to handle you as usual.

Stop hiding behind SS, be proud of your Edo for once.

9 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by AZeD1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
VonBismark:
Oga go and read what the OP wrote and stop embracing yourself. Cos your comment has really exposed the fact that you don't know ur history very well. Its a pity that history as a subject doesn't exists in the nigerian education system again
The dude is right,present day Delta and Edo states were never part of the Eastern region.
Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by PedroJP(m): 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Igbos don't even have Quran moreorless one to dip somewhere, just lies from those conies here and there.

At the end Biafra will come

5 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice one op...
But why do you make us wait this long...
Nice one bruv..

5 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by ezeagu(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
You people are still trying to shoehorn these guys in even with what has been revealed and the flaming red flags? What else is there left to say.

3 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by freez2ryme(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
AZeD1:

Thank u very much
Re u a lawyer? Or do u hv a lawyer? If so ask him what will happen to Bakassi if Biafra comes

D last time I checked it was d Nigeria government that had an agreement with Cameroon not Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by otil1: 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Bros, that writeup is higher than your literary level.

Just pretend instead of showing your illiteracy.

To the op, pls i'm still reading.

But so far so good. Biafra is beyond Igbo, otherwise it should have been an Ohaneze Ndi Igbo matter.

I will articulate a strong response later.

domopps:
Jesus! God knows I didn't read the super story!

Cheeeers

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by LordMecuzy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Long Live TonyeBarcanister My Brother
Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Unemadu: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
mej67 nwanne! i thought u and ur evil twin otil1 have been kidnapped. Good to see u guyz. Whats happening in our dear Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by otil1: 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
Unemadu!

Hey, I am so glad to hear from you. Yea. Quite sometime bro.

I permanently follow Mej but I doubt he's in Enugu.

Enugu is fine. Gov. Gburus is reversing the evils visited on Enugu by Chime.

I know you may not agree, but Chime really cost Enugu a lot.

I remain the same, Sir.

Ekenee m.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by c33b33(m): 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
I've always known the idiot is full of trash.
People who claim they are educated but they are not enlightened. Even if your grandfathers do not tell you history. The internet can help you.

Ask him the meaning of his name, His cultural practices? People who know nothing about their lineage except the ones fed them by gutter press of the zoological republic. Go and ask your mother questions about your birth.

TonyeBarcanista stay off Biafra issue for your own good,stop seeking relevance. Those better than you in the real world has tried and failed. Biafra is bigger than you and any other ignorant Izon speaking Biafran

IPOB #FreeNnamdiKanu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Emekamex(m): 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
You guys should stop giving TonyeBarcanista undue relevance; him and his brothers should fight their own battles.

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by glacswhite: 3:56am On Oct 27, 2015
AZeD1:

U're Envious of our wealth.....as of Bakassi, we and Cameroonians will have a Mutual Agreement on it because it was Nigeria that Did the deal so now is Biafra and if they refuse theirs no need 4 war b/w us...we 'll jst invite UN and the matter will be settled peacefully ****MEGAMONEY*IN*OUR*BAKASSI****

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by Tycoflu(m): 4:20am On Oct 27, 2015
otil1:
Unemadu!

Hey, I am so glad to hear from you. Yea. Quite sometime bro.

I permanently follow Mej but I doubt he's in Enugu.

Enugu is fine. Gov. Gburus is reversing the evils visited on Enugu by Chime.

I know you may not agree, but Chime really cost Enugu a lot.

I remain the same, Sir.

Ekenee m.

E na ako bullshit. Compare Enugu of 2015 with that of 2007 before Chime. He did a lot and never show casted his achievements on tv; a rare virtue among Nigerian Politicians.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by carnegiefan: 5:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Thanks @OP.
This is the point I've made here particularly to my Igbo brothers who want to limit Biafra to Igboland.
Biafra was not, is not, and will never be an Igbo only affair.
Yes, there are Igbo and non-Igbo who don't believe in Biafra, but that is what a simple referendum will resolve.

2 Likes

Re: Barcanista: Biafrans Are Not Igbos by FKO81(m): 6:05am On Oct 27, 2015
atbu1983:

EDO man what is your biz wif Biafra?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra : Photos From Biafra One Million Match Nkpor Onitsha / How Niger Delta Avengers Was Formed – Cynthia Whyte Reveals More Inside Details / MKO Abiola, Sani Abacha And Bola Tinubu Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.