Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (29156 Views)

How Can One Buy An Item On Ebay From Nigeria? / Selling On Ebay From Nigeria / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by tboy1(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2009
platinumnk:

why u took the pic off undecided
Forgot i had it on there until u pointed it out  wink
dont worry after a while on NL you'll also start hiding ur pics
Thanks for the comment earlier wink
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 5:16pm On May 08, 2009
tboy1:

Forgot i had it on there until u pointed it out wink
dont worry after a while on NL you'll also start hiding ur pics
Thanks for the comment earlier wink

i hear u bro wink
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2009
@Carlos
That has to be the ugliest website i ever laid my eyes on. REDESIGN!!!
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by PurestBoy(m): 6:21pm On May 08, 2009
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Joan4427(f): 6:25pm On May 08, 2009
texazzpete:

@Carlos
That has to be the ugliest website i ever laid my eyes on. REDESIGN!!!

Carlos Ventures is running a computer hardware store. Many websites like his are hardly warm and welcoming. They mean what they say they do. Hardware sales and nothing else.

To me, website looks okay. The problem I've got is the all caps and highlighting on white background. I had to squint to read through the text.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by oge4real(f): 6:58pm On May 08, 2009
cry cry cry
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Ccomputers(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2009
NIGERIANS PLS AM SO SORRY FOR THAT.

LIKE I SAID MY BUSINESS IS SORT OF A PHYSICAL ONE AND WHY I JUST DEVELOPED THAT WEBSITE IS FOR PEOPLE TO SEE JUST THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT I IMPORT AND THAT'S ALL.

I DID IT FOR PEOPLE ONLINE TO SEE AND TO STOP ASKING ME THE SPECIFICATION , THE BRAND AND ALL SORTS OF QUESTIONS O THAT'S WHY THE WEB IS STILL LIKE THAT.

ONCE THEIR IS NEED TO MAKE IT DEVELOPED I WILL AS THE MONEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Joan4427(f): 9:43pm On May 08, 2009
@ Ccomputers,

Your website is okay. If it works for you, then keep doing what you're doing. No need to apologize.  wink Seems you just love the all caps thingy. Cool cool
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by dtwsola(m): 12:26am On May 09, 2009
Though there are plenty of merchants on eBay, many of the items are sold by private individuals, and not merchants. Hence there is a risk associated with the initial purchase. Adding a middleman into the situation would only further complicate the matter if the seller didn't live up to his part of the deal. If I were in Naija and I wanted something from Ebay, I would not use any such service.

And to Ccomputers I would not even consider using a service from someone with such poor internet etiquette. I understand you want to hustle your product, but you are spamming the boards with your constant sales pitches. Also typing in all caps as perceived as shouting on the web, and is commonly practised by retards.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Smartsboy(m): 8:53am On May 09, 2009
You guys have tried. I received a mail from carlos of his importation business but still in CAPS. maybe he loves writing on caps even with a biro pen,
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by oludimuni: 9:00am On May 09, 2009
Ccomputers:

NIGERIANS PLS AM SO SORRY FOR THAT.

LIKE I SAID MY BUSINESS IS SORT OF A PHYSICAL ONE AND WHY I JUST DEVELOPED THAT WEBSITE IS FOR PEOPLE TO SEE JUST THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT I IMPORT AND THAT'S ALL.

I DID IT FOR PEOPLE ONLINE TO SEE AND TO STOP ASKING ME THE SPECIFICATION , THE BRAND AND ALL SORTS OF QUESTIONS O THAT'S WHY THE WEB IS STILL LIKE THAT.

ONCE THEIR IS NEED TO MAKE IT DEVELOPED I WILL AS THE MONEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS

Am sure you can get a website done for you, just visit www.oakservers.net
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by prosper(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2009
I tried calling Meg witman on ebay when my account was suspended.
The true owner of the mail box responded with a very programmed response.

I never tried going there again.
I would recomend shopping on flegz.com though
If you don't find what you want there, you can request it.

Cheers.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by dearstan(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2009
Something seem amiss here. I advice everyone to be extremely cautious when dealing anonymously here. Though i am not trying to discredit carlos computers, but his post just dont seem right.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by sunnykiss(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2009
grin How can you shop from Naija the home of scam on ebay, its is just an illuision ,

Mr carlos your emails eems lik scam to me, oooo welll i wil contact you and your website is a free one, try ooo Guy, if you are for real, get a real web ok,
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 11:33am On May 09, 2009
Uhmm undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Ccomputers(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2009
@sunnykiss,

LIKE I SAID MY BUSINESS IS A PHYSICAL ONE AND WHY I PUT UP THAT WEB IS JUST TO WRITE THE THINGS I IMPORT DOWN FOR ANY ONE ONLINE THAT NEEDS TO SEE IT; TO HAVE A LOOK AND VIEW IT.

WHEN THERE IS THE NEED TO CREATE A CUSTOMIZED WEB THEN I WILL DO THAT.

AS FOR THE TRAINING PLS ONLY THE PEOPLE THAT ARE READY WILL CALL OR MAIL ME AND LIKE I SAID ITS COSTLY BUT PROFITABLE COS THE US MARKET IS THE BEST AND ANYTHING U GET THEIR MY DEAR U HAVE MORE THAN 1YR GUARANTEE TO IT.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2009
I'm surprised at Nigerians even more so surprised at Nigerians who live abroad and are failing to enlighten the folks back home how PayPal works, how the hell do you think you can shop directly with EBay from Nigeria when you don't and cant have a paypal account eh? the Credit and debit card platforms are diffrent plus you need phone or bank activation to be able to open a PayPal account,hence yahoo boys hack and steal real PayPal accounts to jump that bridge, I have an EBay account and a PayPal one to, I logged into my PayPall account from Nigeria once, in less than30mins my account was suspended, to re open it, I have to log into my on line bank account or wait for my credit card statements cos PayPall will deposit lil sum into it and ask you to fill in the amount for them to re open the account. SO if they cant deposit money unto ur account or they cant activate your paypal account via phone cos you are in Nigeria, how do you intend on opening a pypal account then?forget the yahoo boyz, there are more scams coming from India and china than any scam yahoo boyz can pull in 30 years to come,come to think of it, have you guys ever sat down and thought bout the fact of where and from whom yahoo boyz buy thier tools from ie CC,Bank AC//on-line password etc? from India and china UK,America you name it, they under publish thier crime and highlight the ones of Nigerians whom only account for less than 2% of overall fraud caused on-line,wise up Nigerians re-brand yourselves.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 4:19pm On May 09, 2009
erico2k2:

I'm surprised at Nigerians even more so surprised at Nigerians who live abroad and are failing to enlighten the folks back home how PayPal works, how the hell do you think you can shop directly with EBay from Nigeria when you don't and cant have a paypal account eh? the Credit and debit card platforms are diffrent plus you need phone or bank activation to be able to open a PayPal account,hence yahoo boys hack and steal real PayPal accounts to jump that bridge, I have an EBay account and a PayPal one to, I logged into my PayPall account from Nigeria once, in less than30mins my account was suspended, to re open it, I have to log into my on line bank account or wait for my credit card statements cos PayPall will deposit lil sum into it and ask you to fill in the amount for them to re open the account. SO if they cant deposit money unto ur account or they cant activate your paypal account via phone cos you are in Nigeria, how do you intend on opening a pypal account then?forget the yahoo boyz, there are more scams coming from India and china than any scam yahoo boyz can pull in 30 years to come,come to think of it, have you guys ever sat down and thought bout the fact of where and from whom yahoo boyz buy thier tools from ie CC,Bank AC//on-line password etc? from India and china UK,America you name it, they under publish thier crime and highlight the ones of Nigerians whom only account for less than 2% of overall fraud caused on-line,wise up Nigerians re-brand yourselves.

Absolutely spot on! i couldn't say more than this, . I hope ppl take time to read ur post.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Ccomputers(m): 4:25pm On May 09, 2009
DEAR ALL,

PAY PAL IS SECURED NOW VERY MUCH WELL COS EBAY.COM HAS BOUGHT IT AND DEPENDING ON WHAT U WANT TO USE IT TO DO . NO ONE IN USA, CANADA, UK OR EVEN EUROPE WILL AGREE TO OPEN A PAY PAL ACT FOR A NIGERIAN EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON MIGHT BE HIS SISTER OR HER BROTHER COS ONCE U DO DIS AND THERE IS ANY FRAUD TRACE, PAY PAL WILL COME D NEXT MINUTE WITH FBI KNOCKING ON UR DOOR.

SO FOR SOMEONE THERE TO OPEN THESE ACCOUNTS FOR U, D PERSON MUST BE SURE THAT UR A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN AND DAT U CANT AND WILL NEVER GO INTO FRAUD.

I OPEN PAY PAL FOR PEOPLE BUT I DON'T DO IT AS BUSINESS LIKE MANY NIGERIAN DO COS B4 I WILL OPEN FOR U , I MUST KNOW WHAT U DO AND WHO U ARE BEFORE DOING THAT OR ELSE ANYTHING DAT GOES WRONG FBI WILL JUST GO AND LOCK UP MY COMPANY IN NEW YORK COS THAT'S D ADDRESS WHICH I USE.

ALL THESE THINGS ARE VERY EASY AND THAT'S IF U HAVE D SKILL AND THE LINK UPS AND THAT WHY EACH NIGERIAN NEEDS THIS IMPORTATION TRAINING BUT AS IT IS I CANT DO IT FOR MANY PEOPLE BUT FOR FEW AND JUST FEW.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Smartsboy(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2009
They just dont like nigeria. Which country in this world that dosnt engage in fraudulent act? Is not good. Paypal should operate in nigeria with high security.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Joan4427(f): 4:54pm On May 09, 2009
UK2ME:

Nairalanders,

your answer is

www.uk2meonline.com

UK2ME will help you buy anything in the UK market.

Our rates are very affordable. We even do free shipping on some items.

Buy Anything you want in the UK

As seen on facebook Advert. 100% Legit.

@ uk2me,

What yoou guys do is admirable. I just wish you had an extension that also procures form US. So far, orderbay.com are the only reputable ones I have seen ordering from US to Nigeria. I wish there were more options, so as to cancel out monopoly. wink wink wink wink
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2009
Ccomputers:

DEAR ALL,

PAY PAL IS SECURED NOW VERY MUCH WELL COS EBAY.COM HAS BOUGHT IT AND DEPENDING ON WHAT U WANT TO USE IT TO DO . NO ONE IN USA, CANADA, UK OR EVEN EUROPE WILL AGREE TO OPEN A PAY PAL ACT FOR A NIGERIAN EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON MIGHT BE HIS SISTER OR HER BROTHER COS ONCE U DO DIS AND THERE IS ANY FRAUD TRACE, PAY PAL WILL COME D NEXT MINUTE WITH FBI KNOCKING ON UR DOOR.

SO FOR SOMEONE THERE TO OPEN THESE ACCOUNTS FOR U, D PERSON MUST BE SURE THAT UR A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN AND DAT U CANT AND WILL NEVER GO INTO FRAUD.

I OPEN PAY PAL FOR PEOPLE BUT I DON'T DO IT AS BUSINESS LIKE MANY NIGERIAN DO COS B4 I WILL OPEN FOR U , I MUST KNOW WHAT U DO AND WHO U ARE BEFORE DOING THAT OR ELSE ANYTHING DAT GOES WRONG FBI WILL JUST GO AND LOCK UP MY COMPANY IN NEW YORK COS THAT'S D ADDRESS WHICH I USE.

ALL THESE THINGS ARE VERY EASY AND THAT'S IF U HAVE D SKILL AND THE LINK UPS AND THAT WHY EACH NIGERIAN NEEDS THIS IMPORTATION TRAINING BUT AS IT IS I CANT DO IT FOR MANY PEOPLE BUT FOR FEW AND JUST FEW.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS

U are missing the point, i'm really worried about your business idea and what u really do. How do u opne paypal account for pple from Nigeria? How do they verify your bank detials?
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Ccomputers(m): 5:23pm On May 09, 2009
@justwise,

BRO ALL THESE THINGS ARE SECRETS AND ITS VERY MUCH WORKING AND NO NEED FOR UR ACCOUNT TO BE CLOSE AND EVEN IF U WANT THE PAY PAL PLUS CARD I WILL GET IT FOR U.

BUT LIKE I SAID I MUST VERIFY UR DETAILS AND WHO U ARE AND KNOW U WELL BEFORE I DO THAT FOR U.

AS FOR VERIFYING THE BANK DETAILS THAT IS NOT REALLY THE PROBLEM AND WHAT PAY PAL IS AFTER BUT WHAT THEY ARE AFTER IS U AND WHAT U WANT TO DO WITH THEIR SITE AS THE BANK DETAILS IS JUST PRIMARY ISSUE WHICH THEY WILL NEED.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2009
Ccomputers:

@justwise,

BRO ALL THESE THINGS ARE SECRETS AND ITS VERY MUCH WORKING AND NO NEED FOR UR ACCOUNT TO BE CLOSE AND EVEN IF U WANT THE PAY PAL PLUS CARD I WILL GET IT FOR U.

BUT LIKE I SAID I MUST VERIFY UR DETAILS AND WHO U ARE AND KNOW U WELL BEFORE I DO THAT FOR U.

AS FOR VERIFYING THE BANK DETAILS THAT IS NOT REALLY THE PROBLEM AND WHAT PAY PAL IS AFTER BUT WHAT THEY ARE AFTER IS U AND WHAT U WANT TO DO WITH THEIR SITE AS THE BANK DETAILS IS JUST PRIMARY ISSUE WHICH THEY WILL NEED.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS

U are a big joke, i don't need your help, i have paypal account for more than 4yrs now, u don't know what u are saying, and pple should be very careful when dealing with u.Nigeria don't need any more bad image. U know nothing about paypal
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Ccomputers(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2009
@justwise,

THERE IS NO NEED ABUSING ME ITS SO SIMPLE. I HAVE HAD PAY PAL WHEN I WAS IN MY SS3 SECONDARY SCHOOL ABOUT 6YRS AGO. PAY PAL IS NOT A CHILD'S GAME AND IF YOU KNOW MUCH ON IT THEN TELL NIGERIAN HOW THEY CAN DO IT.

THERE ARE SECRET THINGS AND THERE ARE MERCHANT THAT DEALS ON UNITS IN THAT UK U ARE THAT U EVEN DON'T KNOW WHY I KNOW AND SHOP FROM THEM.

U MUST NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. AS FOR ME AM NOT IN THE USA BUT WITH MY EMAIL AND MY CREDIT CARD AND PAY PAL ACCOUNT, I GIVE COMMANDS TO WHITE MEN AND THEY OBEY ME AND I GET MY COMPUTERS DOWN HERE AND CLEAR THEM AT THE CUSTOMS AND THEN HAVE THEM DOWN HERE IN AWKA.

I HAVE THE NEW PAY PAL PLUS CARD AND ITS WORKING FOR ME AS I AM TYPING THIS HERE. SO DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PAY PAL COS AM AN INTERNET MARKETER AND KNOW REAL SECRETS AND GENUINE ONE'S .

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2009
Justwise, why are you waisting your time arguing with someone ignorant eh? he dont even know the does and donts of paypal, its people likeCcomputers who are maing the reality of complete ecomarce in Nigeria a dream tht will never come fru 

@ Ccomputers check this link  and tell me if hat you are saying up there would make any sence to you and ur learned grup, PayPal plus credit cards are only issued to US residents with US regtered paypal acccount, no one else outside the US even we guys in the UK dont have that access let alone you in Nigeria, you are a big Joke man, if you doubt what Im saying, its all here everyone can have a look

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing_CommandDriven/general/PPPlusBuyerFAQ-outside#Section6Q2
People dont fal for guys like these who buy loggins from harkers and shop with them claiming they are helping you when infact you are aiding an abetting crime.

What is the PayPal Plus Credit Card?
The PayPal Plus Credit Card is a MasterCard® credit card designed exclusively for PayPal members. Online and in stores, the PayPal Plus card gives you more of what you’re looking for in a MasterCard, including great rewards, no annual fee, and Extended Buyer Protection on purchases made through PayPal with the card.

What are the benefits of having the PayPal Plus Credit Card?
PayPal Plus offers all the security and convenience you’d expect from PayPal, plus rewards and MasterCard Platinum benefits. With your PayPal Plus Credit Card, you will earn points toward future purchases every time and everywhere you shop with your card — online and in stores. There is no annual fee and zero liability for unauthorized purchases made with your card. For Platinum benefit and zero liability information, please view the MasterCard® Guide to Benefits. A printed version will be mailed to you when you become a cardholder. With the PayPal Plus Credit Card, you also can take advantage of exclusive offers. Applying is fast and easy — you can get your credit decision in as soon as 30 seconds after you submit your application. And, once you’re approved, you can start using it right away. A PayPal Plus temporary line of credit will be added instantly to your PayPal account, which you can use before you receive your credit card.

You can use the PayPal Plus Credit Card anywhere MasterCard® is accepted — in stores and online, whether or not the site accepts PayPal payments.

Is the PayPal Plus Credit Card available outside the U.S.?
No. Only U.S. residents with a U.S. PayPal account can apply and be approved for the PayPal Plus Credit Card.

Who issues the PayPal Plus Credit Card?
The PayPal Plus Credit Card is issued by GE Money Bank, one of the leading providers of consumer credit
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 6:36am On May 10, 2009
@erico2k2,

Pple like this slowpoke made it almost imposible for decent Nigerians to buy things from ebay from Nigeria, i really hope that anybody will do business with this guy, Internet is a gr8 place to do business buy 'some' Nigerians have turned it into a crime scene.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by mbulela: 7:03am On May 10, 2009
from his very first post i knew that Ccomputers was a joker.
i really wonder how people fall for internet scams?
i am not the most intelligent of persons but each time i can smell the coffee from a mile off.
i wish everyone will just ignore his mails and continue a worthwhile discussion, if their is still more to be said on this topic.
the guy does not even understand the concept of paypal and Ebay that is being talked about.
i guess his 419 masters just gave him a template to use in replying to mails and he probably does not know where the caps lock key is on the keyboard.
so much for a laptop importer. importer my foot!!!!
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2009
mbulela:

from his very first post i knew that Ccomputers was a joker.
i really wonder how people fall for internet scams?
i am not the most intelligent of persons but each time i can smell the coffee from a mile off.
i wish everyone will just ignore his mails and continue a worthwhile discussion, if their is still more to be said on this topic.
the guy does not even understand the concept of paypal and Ebay that is being talked about.
i guess his 419 masters just gave him a template to use in replying to mails and he probably does not know where the caps lock key is on the keyboard.
so much for a laptop importer. importer my foot!!!!

My point exactly!! he got no clue wht he is talking about, he is just a dummy, some scumbag somewhere writes for him and he cuts and paste here. Who ever falls victim to this guy should book an urgent appointment with his/her GP for brain scan.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Smartsboy(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2009
Its true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme / Alleged Paternity Scandal: FCMB To Probe MD As People Demand His Sack / Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.