Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission (17143 Views)

University Of Ibadan DLC Admission 2017/2018 Released / Aluta Continua...today 9th Mar. 2016 @ UI / Noun Vs Ui Dlc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2016/17 Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed Undergraduate Degree Programmes in the Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan, under the Centre’s new Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Platform for the 2016/17 Academic Session. The under-listed are the available Courses and their duration: FACULTY OF ARTS 1. B.A. English (4 & 5 Sessions) 2. B.A. Philosophy and Public Affairs (4 & 5 Sessions) FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES 1. B.Sc. Psychology (4 & 5 Sessions) 2. B.Sc. Economics (4 & 5 Sessions) 3. B.Sc. Political Science (4 & 5 Sessions) FACULTY OF EDUCATION 1. Bachelor of Social Work (4 & 5 Sessions) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FACULTY OF ARTS Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions) 5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings -including English Language, Literature in English, an Arts subject and any other 2 or 3 subjects. Department of English REQUIRES Literature in English. For Direct Entry (4 Years) Candidates with at least 2 A-Level papers, NCE or equivalent plus 5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/ L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language, Literature in English (for the Department of English) and ANY other combination of Arts subjects are eligible for admission into the four 4-Session Programme. Mature candidates with relevant Diplomas and the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in any discipline are qualified to apply for the 4-year Direct Entry Programme in B.A. Philosophy and Public Affairs. Department of English requires a Pass in English Literature at A/L GCE, or at the Principal Level in HSC Examination or at least a Merit in NCE and one other Arts subject. FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions) Department of Psychology 5 Ordinary Level Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language and a Pass in Mathematics and ANY one subject from the Social Sciences including Biology. Department of Economics Candidates must have 5 Credits at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings which should include Mathematics, Economics and English Language and any TWO of Arts or Social Science subjects. Department of Political Science Candidates must have 5 Credits at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings which should include Government or History, English Language and ANY other 3 subjects plus at least a Pass in Mathematics. Entry Requirements For Direct Entry (4 Sessions) Department of Psychology Candidates must possess 2 A/L Passes including Government or History plus 5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language plus a Pass in Mathematics AND any ONE subject from the Social Sciences. NCE: NOT lower than a Credit Pass. HND: NOT lower than a Credit Pass from any discipline. NURSING: Registered with Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council (RNM). B.Sc: NOT lower than a 3rd Class from ANY discipline. Department of Economics · Candidates must have 2 A/L Passes or its equivalent but O/L Credits SHOULD include Mathematics and Economics. · In addition to the above requirements, holders of HND/ND/OND/NCE/Diploma Certificates in the Faculties of the Social Sciences, Science and Education of accredited and recognised tertiary institutions can be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements. · Holders of Bachelor's Degrees from Arts, Education, and Social Sciences may be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements. Department of Political Science · Candidate must have any 2 A/L Passes plus 5 Credits at O’Level in WASSCE/GCE/NECO including English Language and Government/History and ANY other subject from Social Sciences or Arts at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings (with at least a Pass in Mathematics). · In addition to the above requirements, holders of (a) Higher National Diploma (HND) (b) Ordinary National Diploma (OND) (c) Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) and (d) Diploma Certificates in the Faculties of the Social Sciences, Sciences, Arts and Education of accredited and recognized institutions of higher learning can be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements. · Holders of Bachelor’s degrees from Arts, Education and Social Sciences may be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements. FACULTY OF EDUCATION Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions) Departments of Social Work Candidates must have 5 Credits at O/L including English Language at ONE sitting or SIX Credits at TWO sittings in SSCE /WAEC /NECO. For Direct Entry (4 Sessions) Department of Social Work (4 Sessions) Holders of Diploma or OND in Social Work: NCE, General or Mental Health, Nursing Certificates, (R.N., RM etc) Diploma in Adult Education and Community Development, Diploma in Cooperative Studies or Diploma in Industrial and Trade Unionism from Institutions recognized by the University of Ibadan for the 4-year programme. In addition, candidates must also have at least five Credits in GCE O/L /SSCE/NECO, including English Language at ONE sitting or SIX Credits at TWO sittings. Holders of first degree from the University of Ibadan and any recognized University who are interested in BSW may also apply. Teaching Subjects: The following Teaching Subjects are available for candidates under Faculty of Education: Political Science (Government or History), Christian Religious Studies, Yoruba, English (Literature in English), Geography. Please, ensure you have a requisite O’Level in respect of any of the subjects. IMPORTANT NOTICE ON ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 1. Maturity Criteria (for 5-Year Programmes Only) Candidates who do not possess the above qualifications may apply on the grounds of maturity/work experience. Such candidates must be at least 26 years old and must provide the following information: academic qualification(s), professional experience, self appraisal of professional competence and recommendations from competent individuals. An oral interview and a literacy test would be part of their selection process. Further details will be provided to applicants. 2. Fast Track (only in the Faculty of The Social Sciences) Candidates with HND, Bachelor and Higher Degrees can be considered for a fast track programme in the Faculty of The Social Sciences. A fast track student will be able to conclude his/her programme a session earlier than the normal duration. The implication of this is that, this category of students will have to offer more courses to enable them fulfill the requirements for graduation during the period. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION Entrance Examination (For Candidates with O/L Qualifications ONLY) Applicants are required to take an Aptitude, Communicative and IT Competence Test as part of the admission process. The test would incorporate elements of computer literacy, familiarity with DLC Portal/Website (http:///SS4fc), basic knowledge of the Open Distance Learning mode and general knowledge. METHOD OF APPLICATION 1. Application form is available on payment of application fee of N10, 500 only and should be completed online ( http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng/ home/Applicants ) Online Card/E-Payment Method : Applicants can Sign On using this link from the home page at http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng/home/Applicants AND fill the requested information on all boxes and select CARD payment option in available option to make payments using any ATM card accepted by Interswitch. 3. The application fee is only payable on the platform of selected banks and their branches all over the country as advertised on the portal. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Go to http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng Under the Prospective Students tab, click the new applicants link Scroll down the notification page, then click on Create an account Fill in the application form, then click sign up (once that is done, an account will have been created) Once your account has been created, go back to the portal (newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng) and click returning applicant Login using the username and password you created to access your profile Once you are logged in, click on generate reference To pay at the Bank Once you have generated your reference, print and take to any bank to make the payment Once you have made the payment, wait a few hours for the money to reflect on your portal To pay using ATM Card Copy the RRR Code generated for you Click “Here” link (this will direct you to the remita page) Input “University Of Ibadan” in the Who do you want to pay textbox Input the generated RRR Code (Remita Retrieval Reference) you copied earlier Click Continue You will be directed to a page that will ask “How do you want to Pay?” Under the "Pay Now with Cards or Wallets” Header, kindly pick your card type by clicking the appropriate logo that applies to your bank card (Verve, Mastercard or Visa) You will then be redirected to select (from a drop down option) your type of card Input your Card Number, CVV2 (last three digits on the reverse side of your card), Card Expiry date, Pin and click on the Pay button. After a successful payment, you will receive a confirmation mail in the email address you earlier provided. Visit your portal and start filling/uploading the necessary details e.g O’level result and other necessary information/documents needed for your admission. APPLICATION DEADLINE Closing date for the application is 15 November,2016 HELPLINES/ENQUIRIES Call 08188346897, 08142796124 or Whatsapp 08188346897, BBM: 25E39F3C Join UIDLC BBM Channel C002A47FE
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
please when is the entrance exam date for the 2016/2017 dli students
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by olatunjithomas(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
Bro,pls i need help here. I paid my registration fee last Friday 11th, but it's still not been acknowledged as my application account kept telling me I haven't paid. what can I do please cos the registration closes on 15th of November.

below is what I'm talking about.

I need your quick help please @ kulguy2011

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2016
Try sending another remita code. Ensure the mail you supplied recieves it. Then go back to the portal and click query.it would show the 2 remita codes given to you. And approve the one you paid with. Then go back and login again. You application forms will come up for filling. Hope this helps.
olatunjithomas:
Bro,pls i need help here. I paid my registration fee last Friday 11th, but it's still not been acknowledged as my application account kept telling me I haven't paid. what can I do please cos the registration closes on 15th of November.

below is what I'm talking about.

I need your quick help please @ kulguy2011
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by olatunjithomas(m): 8:32am On Nov 17, 2016
Alero3Arubi:
Try sending another remita code. Ensure the mail you supplied recieves it. Then go back to the portal and click query.it would show the 2 remita codes given to you. And approve the one you paid with. Then go back and login again. You application forms will come up for filling. Hope this helps.

yeah bro, it did helped. thanks you so much . but do you have any idea as per when the exam will be held
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Try checking my profile to see my gender.
I have no idea about the exam date though. You can call mr kulguy for more info.
olatunjithomas:

yeah bro, it did helped. thanks you so much . but do you have any idea as per when the exam will be held
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 5:37am On Nov 19, 2016
The date for the entrance exam is not yet fixed. Keep checking ur mail everyday....
Thanks
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Congratulations to the Newly Admitted UItes..
This is to inform all candidates who have been offered provisional admission in the 2016/ 2017 UTME and Direct Entry admissions exercise that the clearance exercise will commence on Tues, 29 November, 2016. Candidates are therefore advised to proceed to the admissions portal on www.admissions.ui.edu.ng to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of Thirty Thousand Naira only (N30, 000:00)
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by haywhy867(m): 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Please did you "kulguy" have any rough idea about the tuition fee?
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Hardeife: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
Can I still obtain the form?
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2016
APPLICATION FOR 2016/17 ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN VIA THE DISTANCE LEARNING  MODE

​​

​CLOSING DATE FOR THE APPLICATION IS 1​​4​ ​DECEMBER​, 2016

ENTRANCE EXAMINATION HOLDS ON 10 DECEMBER, 2016
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2016
Breakdown of your School fee
Tution Fee: 25000
Course Material: 15000
Exams: 15000
Prog Devpt: 12000
Medical: 1600
Student Welfare Insurance: 500
Verification of Result: 2000
UI Devpt levy: 3000
Library Fee: 1000
Faculty fee: 750
Dept Fee: 750
I'd Card: 1500
Technology Fee: 10000
Matric and Orientation fee: 3000
GES reg: 3000
TOTAL: 94,200 Excluding acceptance fee 10,500

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ENTRANCE
EXAMINATION FOR APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED
THROUGH THE O'LEVEL AND MATURED CANDIDATE
MODE OF ENTRY

Dear Applicant, ​​ ​​

As stated in the Advertisement, ​​
O ' L evel​ and Matured applicants will write an
Entrance Examination for admission as part of the
admission process. Applicants who have completed
their applications online are hereby being notified
of the details of the examination as below:

DATE: December 10, 2016

TIME: 8:00 a.m. prompt

VENUES FOR CANDIDATES WHO SELECTED IBADAN
EXAMINATION CENTRE IS:

DLC-CBT CENTRE, SASA,UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
EXTENSION, ALONG AJIBODE-SASA ROAD, IBADAN.

VENUE FOR CANDIDATES WHO SELECTED LAGOS
EXAMINATION CENTRE IS:

SPEED WRITING HOUSE - NO. 16 ÀJÀNÀKÚ STREET,
OPEBI,OFF SALVATION BUS- STOP,IKEJA, LAGOS.

ALL APPLICANTS WILL NOT WRITE THE
EXAMINATION AT THE SAME TIME;EXAMINATION
BATCHES WILL BE SENT TO APPLICANTS TO ENABLE
THEM KNOW THE EXACT TIME TO WRITE THE
EXAMINATION. THIS WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL AT
LEAST THREE DAYS BEFORE EXAMINATION .

In order to assist your preparation for the
examination, which is Computer-Based Testing,
please find below the curriculum for the
examination:

1. What Distance Learning Education is all about

2. Familiarity with the University of Ibadan (UI) and
UIDLC Websites

3. General knowledge of University of Ibadan and
DLC

4. Basic Information Technology / Computer
Appreciation

5. Use of English (JAMB Syllabus)

6. Quantitative Aptitude Test

Please click on this link to download the Manual as
a guide . It is also useful that you get yourself
acquainted with the Distance Learning Centre's
Website. Please note that the Entrance Examination
is for Applicants with O'LEVEL and MATURE
Application.

APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK THEIR
EMAILS AND THE WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR
UPDATES.
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
This is the first batch. The sale of forms is still on till December 14.
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Funjosh(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please how is this program, after successful completion do they also go for service
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Is the yearly schoil fees? Or
Its the amount for starting?
Kulguy.
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:28am On Dec 10, 2016
For the new student
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:42am On Dec 10, 2016
FIRST BATCH ENTRANCE EXAM BATCHING

FIRST BATCH ENTRANCE EXAM BATCHING: IBADAN CENTRE
http://dlc.ui.edu.ng/recent-news/491

FIRST BATCH ENTRANCE EXAM BATCHING: LAGOS CENTER
http://dlc.ui.edu.ng/recent-news/492
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:55am On Dec 10, 2016
If u are interested in the UIDLC Entrance Exam Past Question into your Email Address.
Call or Whatsapp 08188346897
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:59am On Dec 10, 2016
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO DIRECT ENTRY APPLICANTS

Dear Applicant,

We wish to acknowledge your Admission Application into the Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan.
Kindly note that your application is receiving attention and is undergoing internal processing. We hope to get back to you shortly.
DIRECT ENTRY APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE WRITING ANY ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
In the meantime, kindly get yourself acquainted with the Distance Learning Centre's Website.
INTERESTED PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS CAN STILL PURCHASE APPLICATION FORMS ON OUR WEBSITE (www.dlc.ui.edu.ng).

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Sherville(m): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2016
HI people,
I am Aliu and am a prospective student of Dlc Ui ,pls is d fee posted by kulguy for yearly payment or each semesters ,also pls what's d fee for each level from 100-500level. Thanks in anticipation ......

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by Sherville(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
kulguy2011:
For the new student

Is this fee yearly nd is installment allowed,another thing is if it's d same fee every year or dere is less payment in following year
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Please, the breakdown of the tuition u saw was the total amount paid by the last set of student who got Admitted. So just giving u a clue on wat u should be expecting on ur tuition fee.
Thanks
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
The tuition fee is for a session and not semester. There is no installmental payment, u paid once
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 9:21am On Jan 17, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SECOND BATCH ​
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED THROUGH THE O'LEVEL AND MATURED CANDIDATE MODE OF ENTRY

As stated in the Advertisement, O’LEVEL and Matured applicants will write an Entrance Examination for admission as part of the admission process.
THE ADMISSION PROCESS IS ON GOING AND NOT CLOSED.
​​
INTERESTED PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS CAN STILL PURCHASE APPLICATION FORMS ON OUR WEBSITE ( www.dlc.ui.edu.ng ).

Applicants who have completed their applications online are hereby being notified of the details of the examination as below:
Applicants who have completed their applications online are hereby being notified of the details of the examination as below:
DATE:
​January ​21, ​2017
TIME:
​10:​00 a.m. prompt

VENUES FOR CANDIDATES WHO SELECTED IBADAN EXAMINATION CENTRE IS:
DLC-CBT CENTRE, SASA,UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN EXTENSION, ALONG AJIBODE-SASA ROAD, IBADAN.

VENUE FOR CANDIDATES WHO SELECTED LAGOS EXAMINATION CENTRE IS:
​JKK House​, 229,Ikorodu Road, Ilupeju, Lagos

In order to assist your preparation for the examination, which is Computer-Based Testing, please find below the curriculum for the examination:
1. What Distance Learning Education is all about
2. Familiarity with the University of Ibadan(UI) and UIDLC Websites
3. General knowledge of University of Ibadan and DLC
4. Basic Information Technology / Computer Appreciation
5. Use of English (JAMB Syllabus)
6. Quantitative Aptitude Test
Please click on this link to download the Manual as a guide. It is also useful that you get yourself acquainted with the Distance Learning Centre's Website.
Please note that the Entrance Examination is for Applicants with O'LEVEL and MATURE Application.

APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK THEIR EMAILS AND THE WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR UPDATES
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2017
*Info for New Applicants*

*SPECIAL NOTICE ON CHANGE OF VENUE FOR CANDIDATES WHO SELECTED IBADAN CENTRE*

All candidates who selected Ibadan Centre are to note that the VENUE of the entrance examination has *CHANGED* from _DLC-CBT CENTRE, SASA, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN EXTENSION, ALONG AJIBODE-SASA ROAD, IBADAN_ *to FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY CBT Centre, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.*
Time: 10am prompt
Date : January 21, 2017
Thank you.
UIDLC MGT
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2017
For more info: Contact: 08188346897, 08142796124 Whatsapp: 08188346897
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 5:41am On Feb 07, 2017
This is to inform all admitted 2016/17 candidates that they are yet to be instructed to pay the Acceptance Fee and other allied fees. This will be communicated to them in due course.
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by LionInZion: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please can I still get the form? And if I can't, when next will it be available?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by kulguy2011: 4:36am On Feb 18, 2017
The form is still available..
Re: 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission by LionInZion: 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
kulguy2011:
The form is still available..
Thank you very much for your swift response. Please how and where can I get it? I was told by friends doing same programme that the form is closed, I will be very glad to still get it.

I will appreciate it if there is any way I can reach you.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Strong Steps To Avoid A 'carryover' / ASUU's 48 Hours Deadline: We Are Yet To Hear From Government - Osodeke / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.