Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed (4806 Views)

Which Bank Pays More On Fixed Deposit. / A Thread To Clarify The current Rates On Fixed Deposit In Nigeria Banks(Exposed) / Fixing 30million Naira On Fixed Deposit In A Nigeria Bank In A Period Of 2years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
I was told I'll be getting 2% on amt below N5million in First bank o.

What's happening
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by adollyboy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
How much were you actually given?Did you do the calculation very well before you sign the contract paper?I am interested in this your issue.i work in a bank,can we chat privately?This is my no:08033956612,only watsapp.or better still call.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Debesther: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
i can give you 3.5% on monthly basis.
what i mean is that if you invest like N1,000,000
you will be paid interest of N35k on monthly basis.
you will be part of the business day to day running.
No bank can quarantee you that in Nigeria .
you can call/whatsapp me on 08076643525

1 Like

Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Debesther: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
sorry the number is 08074463525 not as stated above
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by SleekReek(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2015
wirelessssss:

What's happening

I have always said fixed deposit is a waste of time, Find a genuine Company and invest, I invested in one 145% in 30 calendar days, no bank will give you such return, check out my thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2677351/commonwealth-trust-early-bird-plan
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 9:00am On Nov 20, 2015
SleekReek:

I have always said fixed deposit is a waste of time, Find a genuine Company and invest, I invested in one 145% in 30 calendar days, no bank will give you such return, check out my thread below.

commonwealth has to do with multi level scheme?
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2015
adollyboy:
How much were you actually given?Did you do the calculation very well before you sign the contract paper?I am interested in this your issue.i work in a bank,can we chat privately?This is my no:08033956612,only watsapp.or better still call.
when I tell you "how much I was actually given" you would decipher how much principal there issmiley By the way which bank do you work for?
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 9:06am On Nov 20, 2015
Are the other banks affected too?
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Goldmann1: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Invest and get 5% weekly. A trial will convince you....08126582084.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Debesther:
sorry the number is 08074463525 not as stated above
not reachable. why bear a female moniker?
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Goldmann1:
Invest and get 5% weekly. A trial will convince you....08126582084.
invest in? Your account is shiny new undecided

1 Like

Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by SHOT(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
If u have interest in Entertainment, n u are interested in investing in a business. I offer 2.5% monthly on invested capital.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Greenlandncom(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
wirelessssss:

What's happening
Good day!
You can get 5% interest rate as ROI on investment monthly!
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
SHOT:
If u have interest in Entertainment, n u are interested in investing in a business. I offer 2.5% monthly on invested capital.
where u@ what line of business in your second option
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by SHOT(m): 6:12am On Nov 22, 2015
wirelessssss:
where u@ what line of business in your second option

It's an entertainment business (music and film production, distribution n marketing).. Am in lagos at the moment.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
I'm happy people are finally seeing fixed deposit as a big waste of time.
On the good side, I believe the new CBN rate on term deposit is to encourage investment in domestic businesses, which in the end is good for the economy. Before the recent plunge in the rates paid on fixed deposit, my pharmaceutical company had been offering more attractive partnership and investment packages to selected individuals. The terms are pretty straight forward, and as much as possible we spend sufficient time during negotiation to ensure our investors get exactly the ROI that will assure us of repeat partnership, while at the same time benefiting our pharmacy. If you are interested let me know; you can expect to get anything nothing less than N120,000 on every invested N1m in twelve calendar months. I will be glad to answer all your questions on 080.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by biznus: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
bizme:
I'm happy people are finally seeing fixed deposit as a big waste of time.
On the good side, I believe the new CBN rate on term deposit is to encourage investment in domestic businesses, which in the end is good for the economy. Before the recent plunge in the rates paid on fixed deposit, my pharmaceutical company had been offering more attractive partnership and investment packages to selected individuals. The terms are pretty straight forward, and as much as possible we spend sufficient time during negotiation to ensure our investors get exactly the ROI that will assure us of repeat partnership, while at the same time benefiting our pharmacy. If you are interested let me know; you can expect to get anything nothing less than N120,000 on every invested N1m in twelve calendar months. I will be glad to answer all your questions on 07032508107.
That is 10k monthly wow!

But on the flip side, that's roughly 12%.

CBN recently reduced lending rate to 11%, therefore it will be profitable for you to get the loan from a bank. That won't be difficult; you have the business already on ground as collateral right?
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by ETHIX(m): 5:56am On Nov 27, 2015
U think banks will give loans below 20% ? Despite the MPR to be 11%. Getting the loan self is not as easy as u think.

Go to your bank and ask for a loan and hear their response. There are big blue chip coys with positive relationship who are willing to borrow billions at 20%

2 Likes

Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 08, 2015
biznus:
That is 10k monthly wow!

But on the flip side, that's roughly 12%.

CBN recently reduced lending rate to 11%, therefore it will be profitable for you to get the loan from a bank. That won't be difficult; you have the business already on ground as collateral right?

I recently approached First Bank to find out about such a loan. I worked away in disgust when I was told the interest is about 27%. Banks like Wema and Diamond banks, I have been informed, might offer much lower interests provided one is paying back within twelve calendar months. As a pharmaceutical company we employ both bank loan and money sourced directly from investors. The latter serves as a veritable way of rewarding some of the individuals who have at sometime been supportive of the business. What better way to express gratitude than help them turn an otherwise idle fund into actively productive investment.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by biznus: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
bizme:

I recently approached First Bank to find out about such a loan. I worked away in disgust when I was told the interest is about 27%. Banks like Wema and Diamond banks, I have been informed, might offer much lower interests provided one is paying back within twelve calendar months. As a pharmaceutical company we employ both bank loan and money sourced directly from investors. The latter serves as a veritable way of rewarding some of the individuals who have at sometime been supportive of the business. What better way to express gratitude than help them turn an otherwise idle fund into actively productive investment.
hhmm seriously unfortunate! but they could effect a drastic reduction of investor's interest rates to 2%. It's too bad really... too bad.

Anyway it's too risky investing on start ups and businesses. End time humans everywhere
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by philipobiz: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
wirelessssss:

What's happening

Hope you are not relying on it alone as your source of income. I once trusted in fixed deposit. Not anymore. There are better sources even with less risk

Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by DBS1: 8:13am On Dec 09, 2015
you can invest for 7% daily with Cabon 7 investment for more info pls call or whatsapp on 07082638957
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2015
philipobiz:

Hope you are not relying on it alone as your source of income. I once trusted in fixed deposit. Not anymore. There are better sources even with less risk

what other sources please with less risk
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by masties2(f): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Following
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wallexy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
wirelessssss:

What's happening

oga...no be only amount below 5million but even on all fixed deposit right with first bank....i can confirm to you that a company where i worked though small scale had to withdraw their 15million naira to another bank because of these 2% interest and the other bank where the fund was transfered to was able to give a consentment of 10%....which is far better than first bank
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2015
In my opinion as a business owner, putting money in fixed deposit is a no-no. The value of money is time. And with the current inflation rate N1m after one month is actually worth less than the original N1m. That is one more reason it is unfortunate for banks to offer such ridiculously low interests on term deposits; investors are actually having their investment eroded at a rate faster than the paltry 2% or so could compensate for.
I write generally, now not as an entrepreneur seeking investors for our expansion drive. The best way to prevent investment erosion while at the same time making profit is to be directly involved in a business. Yes, the inflation directly increases our running cost, but then businesses like ours can instantaneously respond to such cost using various means including an upward review of markups and renegotiation of terms with our suppliers of pharmaceuticals. E.g. rather than stock up for a month or 2, stock up for six months to a year and negotiate payment to cover the same period. By so doing you have pegged the cost price on the day of supply but you end up paying at some later days that the initial price would have increased. Now you have a choice to peg your markup and draw higher patronage for a more long term profit, or review your markup upwards to increase your profit in the immediate. Or both.
However, some investors are not going to be able to directly engage in running businesses. The next best thing is to spend time to locate businesses that are willing to share a decent part of their profits with you if you invest your money with them. But you need to do your homework well... Fine some companies are willing to bear all liabilities while you are assured of your investment plus the interest, but not all businesses can afford this component to investment negotiation. Make sure you ask how the business you are investing with plans to pay you should it fail to return profit. I understand that Nigerians are quite religious and some might misinterpret this as portending ill for the company; but it's strictly business and as an investor you deserve more than a return of the value of your investment, you also deserve the peace of mind in the meantime knowing that your investment is secure. Neither does this have to do with the amount invested. Even if you are investing no more than N100,000 I think doing the necessary homework is a good habit, one that pays high dividend in years to come.
Lastly, as an investor you may decide to go the stock way. Buying shares, but you have to know precisely what you are doing not to have your money eroded in a single week!
I have omitted the real estate simply because on the average it requires a lot higher capital injection at the initial stage than the other options discussed above.
And in summary, you don't have to be overly alarmed by the turn of events in the banking sector and the economy as a whole, you can make a kill of a profit even right now. Do your homework, negotiate well and invest with a local business that you understand, keep a tab on happenings in the company, get yourself a decent part of the company's profit, smile to the bank and smile back home. This way you are getting the company to deplore its resources (capital, staff, time, goodwill, experience, location, etc) to increase your wealth while they are using your money to generate profit for both of you. There is simply no better symbiosis than this.
-Director, Reichpharm Pharmacy.
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by alhaji04: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
SleekReek:

Boss, i dropped my mail address but yet to receive the link from you. Kindly send to me.

Realbrothersfoundation@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
wallexy:

oga...no be only amount below 5million but even on all fixed deposit right with first bank....i can confirm to you that a company where i worked though small scale had to withdraw their 15million naira to another bank because of these 2% interest and the other bank where the fund was transfered to was able to give a consentment of 10%....which is far better than first bank
Which bank bro? Hope you are aware there are speculations that some banks may merge
Re: Disappointing News! 2% On Fixed Deposits Confirmed by wirelessssss(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
bizme:
In my opinion as a business owner, putting money in fixed deposit is a no-no. The value of money is time. And with the current inflation rate N1m after one month is actually worth less than the original N1m. That is one more reason it is unfortunate for banks to offer such ridiculously low interests on term deposits; investors are actually having their investment eroded at a rate faster than the paltry 2% or so could compensate for.
I write generally, now not as an entrepreneur seeking investors for our expansion drive. The best way to prevent investment erosion while at the same time making profit is to be directly involved in a business. Yes, the inflation directly increases our running cost, but then businesses like ours can instantaneously respond to such cost using various means including an upward review of markups and renegotiation of terms with our suppliers of pharmaceuticals. E.g. rather than stock up for a month or 2, stock up for six months to a year and negotiate payment to cover the same period. By so doing you have pegged the cost price on the day of supply but you end up paying at some later days that the initial price would have increased. Now you have a choice to peg your markup and draw higher patronage for a more long term profit, or review your markup upwards to increase your profit in the immediate. Or both.
However, some investors are not going to be able to directly engage in running businesses. The next best thing is to spend time to locate businesses that are willing to share a decent part of their profits with you if you invest your money with them. But you need to do your homework well... Fine some companies are willing to bear all liabilities while you are assured of your investment plus the interest, but not all businesses can afford this component to investment negotiation. Make sure you ask how the business you are investing with plans to pay you should it fail to return profit. I understand that Nigerians are quite religious and some might misinterpret this as portending ill for the company; but it's strictly business and as an investor you deserve more than a return of the value of your investment, you also deserve the peace of mind in the meantime knowing that your investment is secure. Neither does this have to do with the amount invested. Even if you are investing no more than N100,000 I think doing the necessary homework is a good habit, one that pays high dividend in years to come.
Lastly, as an investor you may decide to go the stock way. Buying shares, but you have to know precisely what you are doing not to have your money eroded in a single week!
I have omitted the real estate simply because on the average it requires a lot higher capital injection at the initial stage than the other options discussed above.
And in summary, you don't have to be overly alarmed by the turn of events in the banking sector and the economy as a whole, you can make a kill of a profit even right now. Do your homework, negotiate well and invest with a local business that you understand, keep a tab on happenings in the company, get yourself a decent part of the company's profit, smile to the bank and smile back home. This way you are getting the company to deplore its resources (capital, staff, time, goodwill, experience, location, etc) to increase your wealth while they are using your money to generate profit for both of you. There is simply no better symbiosis than this.
-Director, Reichpharm Pharmacy.
Educative! You are not in the south south, seeing you would have made sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Merge To Pay MMM / GHWX: Bad Just Turned Worse (PH By Monday Or Loose ALL Outstanding GH) / Bundle Africa A Nigerian App, Better Than Luno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.