Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,142 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:39 AM

Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! (662 Views)

Photo Of A Little Girl Striking A "Disturbing" Pose Ignites Debate Among Women / My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness / Old Man Caught Defiling A Little Girl **photos** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by Jackeeh(m): 11:26am On Oct 27, 2015
#culled

About 12yrs into my marriage, a young lady leaving at the back of my street walked into my house, greeted and said, "pls aunty i'll like to speak with u". I gave her audience and she said, "I need ur help, It seems I'm pregnant and we cannot afford to keep it: myself and my fiance are not ready for a baby now. I don't have a job, I'm still looking for one.

My fiance's work place just closed down a couple of months ago and they've been owing him three months salary before they finally packed up. We can't even feed ourselves let alone take care of pregnancy and a baby."
"So what do u want me to do?" I asked.
She went on her knees and said, "pls I need 20,000."
"Sit down first and tell me what u need the money for." I responded
"I want to have an abortion, though i'm very scared because of all the bad things I've heard about it, like losing one's life or womb and others, but that's the only positive thing in my mind now, pls aunty. "
"Negative thing, you mean?" If u've heard all these, which of course I've heard too, why do you want to go ahead with it?" I asked.
"There is no other option and moreover, it's only introduction he has done. I can't keep it."
"But is he aware of this u are about to do?"

"Yes, he gave his consent."
"I won't help u till I hear from him, only then I'll ask my doctor to help."
"Ok aunty. Thank u very much."
She hurriedly left my house. About 30 minutes later, she came back with her fiance and the two of them were in agreement to have the abortion. Then I told them that I'm not comfortable with D&C, but i'll talk to my doctor for an alternative. They were happy and left. That evening, I went to a pharmacy and bought some drugs: Fefol, B.complex and folic acid. I removed the Fefol from its packet and sent for her.

When she came, i told her that i have spoken to my doctor and he gave me some drugs that will gradually remove the pregnancy. I told her that the fefol is the most important one and gave her all the prescription for about three months. I also told her that nausea, weakness and feverish conditions are some of the side effects of the drugs. She was very happy, she thanked me and as she was about leaving, i gave her the 20,000 she had requested from me and said. "Those drugs are very stong, u need to eat well so you won't feel dizzy and slump." She appreciated it and left happily.
A month later, she came to me and said, "Aunty, I have not seen my menses till now".

"Yes, the doctor said something like that. He said the drugs are meant to dry up the embryo. It's a gradual process and the safest. She was happy once again and as she was leaving, I gave her 5,000, though she didn't want to take it, but I insisted. She collected it and told me that she used the 20,000 I gave her to start a small jewelry trade and that it's doing well. Nodding my head, I smiled and she left. I did not stop praying for God's mercy on them, because there will come a time when my lies will fail me. The days kept going and I was hopeful.

Two weeks later, I went to her myself and asked if she has noticed anything, but she said no. I then asked after her fiance, she told me that he went for a job interview and that he has been going for job interviews but no head way. I just told her to be prayerful and l left.
One morning, she came to me and said, "Aunty the drugs will finish today and I have not notice anything yet." I told her that I'll see the doctor and get more for her, which I did.

A week into the third month, as I was coming back from morning mass, I saw her husband leaving the house well dressed, I stopped and asked him where he was going that early, he told me he just got a new job and it was his first day. In my mind I said "thank u Jesus." I wished him well and left. That afternoon, the lady came and told me the good news I had already heard, I thanked God for them.
Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by Jackeeh(m): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Cont'd.

Then she said, "if I had known, I would not have touched the pregnancy. By now the embryo must have been destroyed.
"You can't be sure of that. Try and go for a scan to find out the condition of the baby." I said

The next day, I guess she did and came to me that evening and said with teary eyes, "thank u aunty, the doctor said that the child is in a good condition and that the drugs u were giving me are good drugs for pregnancy, especially the fefol." I smiled and said we thank God who helped. Her fiance too was very grateful. They later did all marriage rites and pack out from there to a better apartment.

This year is my 20th year in marriage and their 8th years and they have not been able to have another child. Maybe if they had removed the pregnancy then, they would have been childless till now. Well, I thank God for his mercy. Their only son just celebrated his 7th year birthday last week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by Egbujiem(m): 11:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Thanks for showing mercy and God be praised who made all provisions.

2 Likes

Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by sisisioge: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
MercifulGod!
Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
What a beautiful story!
Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by Chidoks(f): 1:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Wow!
Re: Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! by hishuula10: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Father's Love! See How A Father Saved His Children From Their Burning Home / Who Take Care Of Parents / Cry Of An Abused Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.