Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin (10222 Views)

Lady Wore A Dress Made Of Money To A Wedding (Photos) / WOW!!! PRETTY LADIES, SEE HOW TO GIVE YOUR SKIN THE BEST TREAT / 8 Secrets Of Effortless French Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Yea, skincare is good and fun especially to the ladies but you dont need to spend soo much just to have that skin u desire. Am here to help u with this secrets to spending less but still looking best.
1. Buy drugstore brands: There's no reason to shell out your whole 1-month salary 4 a mostiurizer like (creme de la mer) which is totally nt worth d money. There's also no reasons to spend so much on cleansers which is meant to wash of impurities and is only on ur skin 4 seconds. You can find great cleansers and mosturizers at low prices. Look for this brands; Aveeno, Olay, Purpose, Neutrogena, Cetaphil and Eucerin. They all have miracle products. You can also consider use dove beauty bar, its dermatologist recommended and can be used to clean face and hair without over-drying, with dove bar, u dont need a cleanser.
2. Skip the toner or astrigent:
Unless u have super-oily skin, u dont need a toner. I didnt say oily, i said SUPER-oily.
Toners are extra step in ur beauty routine and worse, an extra expense.
Dont let the sales-person at a derpatment store convince u to get a toner, its not worth it.
3. Skip the pricey Eye-cream:
I have several eye creams at home which i stupidly bought over the years and now dumped them at home bcuz am not convinced they work.
If u are ready to save money, u shud skip d eye cream and use rich heavy mosturizers like shea butter, antioxidants and some bag of green teas.
4. Make ur own masks and scrubs:
Why spend lot of money on fancy face masks and scrubs when u can make urs at home using ingridents found in your refrigerator from turmeric,yoghurt,milk ,honey etc. If after reading this and u are ready to make ur own masks and scrubs just let me know so dat i can help u out.
I guarantee this organic, all-natural masks will leave ur skin feeling wonderful. Ok,That sounded a bit marketing-speak but its the truth!
5. Skip the spa, do your own Facials:
while there's really nothing better than a facial spa, a session of one can cost you 10,000naira or more. Treat urself with this simple home spa treatments; place a warm towel on your face for 5minutes, exfoliate with a fine-facial scrub such as that found in Olay's microdermabrasion set or you can use the cheap apricot scrub, finish up with a facial mask. Remember a spa treatment is very important, if you have the money but if u dont, stick with this, they work pretty well.
6. Try an At-Home Microdermabrasion Kit:
Microdermabrasion is very important, you can get it done it in spa also but its pricey there. A session cost bout 9,500naira and u need to microdermabrase at least once a month.
But u can get d same wonderful spa result with at home microdermabrasion kits.
I use Olay Microdermabrasion and peel system, you can get dis at konga or jumia. Its about 7000naira and lasts for 16weeks or more if u use it once a week. You can also try Mary kay Microdermabrasion and serum 11,000naira.
7. Invest in Retin-A or Renova:
Retin-A is a miracle product and is worth every money u pay. It can clear every skin blemishes from acne to blackheads to blackspots and it cost around 2,000naira. The product is also a good anti-ageing and using it early in life wud save u a big stress when u get older. U need not consider Laser treatments, peels, facelifts to look younger, with Retin-A u'll always have dat youthful face.
Please dont use when u are pregnant and wear sunscreen when going outside or if u dont want to wear sunscreens, avoid SUN.
8. Forget about buying sunscreens:
Yea, pple say sun can damage ur skin and make u darker so u need to use sunscreen when going out. Pls sunscreens contain harmful chemicals and they donot protect u from sun 100% after one application, u keep applying it every 4hours to maintain its effectiveness. Pls save ur self the stress and forget sunscreen, just avoid da sun by using umbrella or any other stuff. Remember dat the sun contains free vitamin-D in the morning so be careful not to loose this free gift of nature when avoiding the sun.

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by zainabromoke(f): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice post, are u a dermatologist?

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
zainabromoke:
Nice post, are u a dermatologist?
No, am just one of those skincare freaks grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by favouredseed(f): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
i need to learn how to make the scrub please
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
favouredseed:
i need to learn how to make the scrub please
okay, get an empty jar.
-Put ur favorite natural oil either olive oil or jojogba oil or coconut oil( remember dont use coconut oil on ur face if u are prone to pimples)
- add either salt or sugar to oil. If u want a rougher scrub, use salt. For a smoother scrub, use salt.
- u can add vitamin E capsules if u want.
Thats all. Scrub ur way into wonderful skin and pls rememba to use once a week
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by zainabromoke(f): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
How can I get vitamin E capsule
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
zainabromoke:
How can I get vitamin E capsule
they sell it in almost all shops where they sell beauty products. But not to worry if u cant find it. I jst listed it bcuz vitamin E makes skin silky smooth
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
Durentt:
they sell it in almost all shops where they sell beauty products. But not to worry if u cant find it. I jst listed it bcuz vitamin E makes skin silky smooth

Great tips, I'm going to try the scrub

Can you recommend any bathing soap to maintain my skin and complexion, I have oily skin and I use eucerin as my body cream....
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Eyekandi:

Great tips, I'm going to try the scrub

Can you recommend any bathing soap to maintain my skin and complexion, I have oily skin and I use eucerin as my body cream....

exactly, use Dove beauty bar or any other Dove soap, they are dermatologists recommended and are not over drying, they are creamy and wud clean ur oily skin well without aggravating or irritating it, dove can also be used to cleanse face. And as for ur Eucerin cream, wat type do u use, how much did u qet it
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
Durentt:
exactly, use Dove beauty bar or any other Dove soap, they are dermatologists recommended and are not over drying, they are creamy and wud clean ur oily skin well without aggravating or irritating it, dove can also be used to cleanse face. And as for ur Eucerin cream, wat type do u use, how much did u qet it

The cream, I'd have to check when I get home, it's like 4k I think...(I don't mind trying something cheaper and good too undecided, just someone recommended it)

The dove soap,is it good for light skin

Someone suggested Nubian something soap tho, what do you think?
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Eyekandi:

The cream, I'd have to check when I get home, it's like 4k I think

The dove soap,is it good for light skin

yea, very good 4 all skin types
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Durentt:
yea, very good 4 all skin types

Okk then thanks, I'll get the soap
Its just called dove beauty bar right?
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Eyekandi:

Okk then thanks, I'll get the soap
Its just called dove beauty bar right?
yea.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
Durentt:
yea.

Thank you much.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 28, 2015
Op dove isnt good for all skin types oo.. anyway maybe just my skin. I once used dove and it got me peeling i dont know why.maybe cos it contains laureth sulphate. Right now am sticking to my eva soap!

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 28, 2015
kimberly222:
Op dove isnt good for all skin types oo.. anyway maybe just my skin. I once used dove and it got me peeling i dont know why.maybe cos it contains laureth sulphate. Right now am sticking to my eva soap!
what skin type are u. In all da internet review of dove soap, i have never seen a negativ complaint
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2015
Durentt:
what skin type are u. In all da internet review of dove soap, i have never seen a negativ complaint
oily skin.. yea it baffles me cos i have read people's review and dey all love the soap
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2015
kimberly222:
oily skin.. yea it baffles me cos i have read people's review and dey all love the soap
sorry, but since u found eva soap wonderful. Goodluck wit dat. I have oily skin too nd love dove
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Durentt:
sorry, but since u found eva soap wonderful. Goodluck wit dat. I have oily skin too nd love dove
alright.. thanks
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by favouredseed(f): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Durentt:

okay, get an empty jar.
-Put ur favorite natural oil either olive oil or jojogba oil or coconut oil( remember dont use coconut oil on ur face if u are prone to pimples)
- add either salt or sugar to oil. If u want a rougher scrub, use salt. For a smoother scrub, use salt.
- u can add vitamin E capsules if u want.
Thats all. Scrub ur way into wonderful skin and pls rememba to use once a week
thanx dear
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Ebi89(f): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nice post @op, I want a smoother and clear skin. what cream and soap will u advice me to use, I'm presently using So white cream and soap. Tnx
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ebi89:
Nice post @op, I want a smoother and clear skin. what cream and soap will u advice me to use, I'm presently using So white cream and soap. Tnx
it depends on what skin problem u are currently suffering from. If i know, i wud giv u solutions
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Ebi89(f): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Durentt:
it depends on what skin problem u are currently suffering from. If i know, i wud giv u solutions
I want a soft and smoother skin,my skin sometyms looks dull
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by christinie(f): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
It tans the skin.
kimberly222:
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
christinie:
It tans the skin.
is it dove that u use as well
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by christinie(f): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
No, I don't.
kimberly222:
is it dove that u use as well
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ebi89:
I want a soft and smoother skin,my skin sometyms looks dull
Do u exfoliate? Exfoliate removes dead skin cells dat make skin appear dull, u can use ur normal sponge to scrub ur body while bathing to exfoliate or use the Sugar or salt scrub i listed up there.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Ebi89(f): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Durentt:
Do u exfoliate? Exfoliate removes dead skin cells dat make skin appear dull, u can use ur normal sponge to scrub ur body while bathing to exfoliate or use the Sugar or salt scrub i listed up there.
I use an exfoliating soap but I will try d sugar scrub. tnx so much
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Ebi89:
I use an exfoliating soap but I will try d sugar scrub. tnx so much
yea
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by vivaobi: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
@ op, you are indeed a skin care freak....nice one
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by playtheblues(f): 7:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Durentt:
Yea, skincare is good and fun especially to the ladies but you dont need to spend soo much just to have that skin u desire. Am here to help u with this secrets to spending less but still looking best.
1. Buy drugstore brands: There's no reason to shell out your whole 1-month salary 4 a mostiurizer like (creme de la mer) which is totally nt worth d money. There's also no reasons to spend so much on cleansers which is meant to wash of impurities and is only on ur skin 4 seconds. You can find great cleansers and mosturizers at low prices. Look for this brands; Aveeno, Olay, Purpose, Neutrogena, Cetaphil and Eucerin. They all have miracle products. You can also consider use dove beauty bar, its dermatologist recommended and can be used to clean face and hair without over-drying, with dove bar, u dont need a cleanser.
2. Skip the toner or astrigent:
Unless u have super-oily skin, u dont need a toner. I didnt say oily, i said SUPER-oily.
Toners are extra step in ur beauty routine and worse, an extra expense.
Dont let the sales-person at a derpatment store convince u to get a toner, its not worth it.
3. Skip the pricey Eye-cream:
I have several eye creams at home which i stupidly bought over the years and now dumped them at home bcuz am not convinced they work.
If u are ready to save money, u shud skip d eye cream and use rich heavy mosturizers like shea butter, antioxidants and some bag of green teas.
4. Make ur own masks and scrubs:
Why spend lot of money on fancy face masks and scrubs when u can make urs at home using ingridents found in your refrigerator from turmeric,yoghurt,milk ,honey etc. If after reading this and u are ready to make ur own masks and scrubs just let me know so dat i can help u out.
I guarantee this organic, all-natural masks will leave ur skin feeling wonderful. Ok,That sounded a bit marketing-speak but its the truth!
5. Skip the spa, do your own Facials:
while there's really nothing better than a facial spa, a session of one can cost you 10,000naira or more. Treat urself with this simple home spa treatments; place a warm towel on your face for 5minutes, exfoliate with a fine-facial scrub such as that found in Olay's microdermabrasion set or you can use the cheap apricot scrub, finish up with a facial mask. Remember a spa treatment is very important, if you have the money but if u dont, stick with this, they work pretty well.
6. Try an At-Home Microdermabrasion Kit:
Microdermabrasion is very important, you can get it done it in spa also but its pricey there. A session cost bout 9,500naira and u need to microdermabrase at least once a month.
But u can get d same wonderful spa result with at home microdermabrasion kits.
I use Olay Microdermabrasion and peel system, you can get dis at konga or jumia. Its about 7000naira and lasts for 16weeks or more if u use it once a week. You can also try Mary kay Microdermabrasion and serum 11,000naira.
7. Invest in Retin-A or Renova:
Retin-A is a miracle product and is worth every money u pay. It can clear every skin blemishes from acne to blackheads to blackspots and it cost around 2,000naira. The product is also a good anti-ageing and using it early in life wud save u a big stress when u get older. U need not consider Laser treatments, peels, facelifts to look younger, with Retin-A u'll always have dat youthful face.
Please dont use when u are pregnant and wear sunscreen when going outside or if u dont want to wear sunscreens, avoid SUN.
8. Forget about buying sunscreens:
Yea, pple say sun can damage ur skin and make u darker so u need to use sunscreen when going out. Pls sunscreens contain harmful chemicals and they donot protect u from sun 100% after one application, u keep applying it every 4hours to maintain its effectiveness. Pls save ur self the stress and forget sunscreen, just avoid da sun by using umbrella or any other stuff. Remember dat the sun contains free vitamin-D in the morning so be careful not to loose this free gift of nature when avoiding the sun.
on my wife's behalf: do you need to use sunscreen if you use retin-A only at night? Is it ok to use it daily or every other day?
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2015
playtheblues:
on my wife's behalf: do you need to use sunscreen if you use retin-A only at night? Is it ok to use it daily or every other day?
Retin-A makes skin more sensitive to sun and u could get 2nd degree sunburn. My advice, its best to use Retin-A at night, and depend on her skin type, is it sensitive, does it burn easily? If yes she needs a sunscreen in the day but if her skin is strong enough then she just needs to try her best to avoid sun as much as possible even though a small sun is not harmful. She can use Retin-A everyday as long as she's not complaining but dermatologists advice user to skip days in a week like use on monday skip tuesday use wednesday skin thursday but since is hasnt complained about any side effect from using it daily, Go ahead!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? / Lovely Ankara Styles For Nigeria Men / 2020 Trendy Wedding Hairstyles -50 Bridal Hairstyles For Black And African Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.