Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,519 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. (44252 Views)

200,000 Youths About To Become Jobless As November Approaches / Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) / The Certificate We Have Is The More Reason We Are Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by daveP(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
marshalcarter:
Never forget 3 types of friend in life

1-those who were with you in hard times

2-those who put you in hard times

3-those who left you in hard times
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by deramarks(f): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Am always willing to help pple but whn the table is turned pple will b willing to leave u

1 Like

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by missKiffy(f): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
kweku8888:
My own eyes have seen a lot, friends that when u see them in church or gathering they wld be forming phone call,its when they see u,that they wld know the phone is ringing and excuse themselves to receive phone call for hrs. God help us.
It is well
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Deefuray(f): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sadly, that's life
Some people flock around you only when it is beneficial, but when the chips are down they avoid you like a plague

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by victorkato(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Someone already wrote:
"2. Everyone has problems and challenges of their own, do not expect anyone to take panadol for your headache."

Live in the moment. Don't be frustrated...at least you are alive, in your right mind and well.

You are all you got...
Something will come up. Have faith friend.

7 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by chybykejohn(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
zaza999:
Our company folded up and was closed down without payment of some months salary, let alone paying off. Since then it's not been easy financially and otherwise while seriously looking for job.

The one that surpises me is some friends' attitude since i am jobless.These are people when we were doing well in our office, we mingled together etc, but since the jobless saga started, many of them started disssociating themselves.They wont visit you as usual, they can't even give you a call, most time when you call them, they won't even pick your calls after seeing many missed calls from you on their phone but that wasn't the case when things were okay.

Telling them about helping you in search of jobs seems like a disturbance, many of them you will forward your cv to, will simply ignore making efforts while claiming as if they are doing anything on it. You will be seeing yourself as an abandoned fellow.The story is endless.

I begin to ask, are these as a result of wrong friends or normal thing. Advise or share your experience.
just a lession
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by ijustdey: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
marshalcarter:
Never forger 3 types of friend in life

1-those who were with you in hard times

2-those who put you in hard times

3-those who left you in hard times

words on marble.....
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
iyzeek:
life
oh life, ooh life, oh life, dudududu sad
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
A very terrible situation, OP but that's life. When the chips are down, you're on you own.

In prosperity your friends know you. In adversity you know you friends.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by chybykejohn(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
Do you want them to surfar?

1 Like

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by LockDown69(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
My brother shine your eyes, that's the time you will know who your real friends are. It's time to re-evaluate the type of people and company you keep as friend, you will rise again, when there's life there's hope, We live and learn.

3 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by darlenese(f): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
I learnt this lesson a long time ago when my hubby resigned from his banking job for good, many thought he was fired and they started acting funny , they won't take his calls, and when they mange to pick their callls they give cock and bull story about having financial problem because they thought he was calling to beg for money , unknowly to them God eleviated him to a better height,

Today we are blessed and we don't make friends anymore, most close pals and fair weather friends , I can't imagine what life would have been if he truly needed their help

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Pal, that's life for you. There's a song by Sir Shina Peters in his album "ACE", if you are a yoruba person go listen to that track. You only get to know true friends when you are down in life. so many people we all hang around with calling them friends are not anything near friends and will desert you at the slightest hint of problems. That's why I can count my true friends on the fingers of one hand. Other people I relate with at work and school are just "acquaintances".

3 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Classickid(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
marshalcarter:

I hope u can read 1..2..3 very well undecided
And i hope you understood the fellow you quoted.
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by boolet: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Guy don't worry... U shall rise again.

3 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by sauceEEP(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by murphyibiam15(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
yomi007k:
That's life Op.

During my sch days, I was into business but d global meltdown messed things up n I became broke. Even broker dan my gateman n dis lasted a long while.

ALL FRIENDS DESERTED ME.

It was then I learnt the true nature of human beings.
Alas, it was family support dat saved me till I cud get back on my feet.

Today, I invest in my family first n some ppl who I know have a pure heart.

......Don't worry, it's just a learning phase. cool
the family is the bed rock of our human existence..
one with a good family has additional life added onto his years..

2 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by 22logos: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
That one self dey
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by OlujobaSamuel: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
My approach to life.
always assume everyone will help you and nobody is available to help you.
As it is, I have no job but am not jobless, and I don't even expect anything from friends, yet some find it fit to check on me. I even tell them not to send me anyhow offer that is not career driven, like a friend sending me a Sales Rep of 40k, I just thanked him and politely turned down the offer.
I believe in improving myself to get the best by taking charge of my destiny.

7 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Richiy(f): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Speaking realistically, I will say that that is the nature of man. But, speaking from my experience, I have had amazing friends that were there for me most especially in times of need. They have stepped up when I needed help. So, it could probably be friends too.
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Luvdmx(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
It's just a phase. Keep your head's up.

11 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by IndianaJay: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
I remember when I lost my job, broke up with my then fiancé was depressed.

I used to spend a lot of time with a neighbour lady, she seemed quite nice till I realized that I had to get away from her.

I didn't feel like she meant me well, she was unemployed, 2 children, runaway hubby, depressed too and wanted me to stay in the same situation she was.

She would encourage me to hang with men rather than go out and look for a job, or a legit means of livelihood.

When I left my old neighbourhood and moved to Abuja, things were really bad for me, anytime she called and I relayed my frustrations about life to her, I noticed she seemed more comfortable with the idea of me having a hard life in Abuja, this eventually was what motivated me to be better.

I did get better, got a good job, got a better man....everything worked out, now she doesn't call me as much, as there's too much joy and satisfaction in my life.

Sometimes some friends want you to stay jobless and unfocused just to feel better about themselves.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Fair weather friends everywhere. Been there too but it does not stop me from helping people. All I know is that God is the ultimate

1 Like

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by DipoDee: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
4C2215131:

4. Those you put in hard times.
Touche cheesy
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by yvesboss(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
OP...i can only say congratulations.

I stopped the issue of of friends stuff when my most deadliest secrets went up the air like breaking news..it can only be friends.

When my fone rings..if not bae, na glo, mtn or airtel (as my itel fone with 3 sims make me friend to all telecom coy).

Love yourself, Never b distant from fam, they are all yu v got.

But remember wen the tables turns, fans go yapa...its better keep them as fans, cuz they turn their backs wen a 'mourinho' starts exhibiting with you.

I now understand when dad tells me he neva keep friends.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
IndianaJay:
I remember when I lost my job, broke up with my then fiancé was depressed.

I used to spend a lot of time with a neighbour lady, she seemed quite nice till I realized that I had to get away from her.

I didn't feel like she meant me well, she was unemployed, 2 children, runaway hubby, depressed too and wanted me to stay in the same situation she was.

She would encourage me to hang with men rather than go out and look for a job, or a legit means of livelihood.

When I left my old neighbourhood and moved to Abuja, things were really bad for me, anytime she called and I relayed my frustrations about life to her, I noticed she seemed more comfortable with the idea of me having a hard life in Abuja, this eventually was what motivated me to be better.

I did get better, got a good job, got a better man....everything worked out, now she doesn't call me as much, as there's too much joy and satisfaction in my life.

Sometimes some friends want you to stay jobless and unfocused just to feel better about themselves.
lol...misery loves company

2 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Etizz: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
OP, u shouldn't be surprised na, those are not real friends, thank God I have learned before now, if u wanna know real friend after all u have done for dem, pretend to be broke and keep asking for assistance from dem, then u will know who's real n who's not.

2 Likes

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Smartresult(f): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
, as for me i know since when in school
, the job market is already saturated, there are already tens of thousands if not millions of graduates hunting the few available jobs and ready to take any vacancy that may emerge in the future, the days of finish school present your certificate and get employment has gone, if you are not well connected or a job is already awaiting for you,, definitely you have to spend some time at home before you pick your dream job. see how to make money blogging.
It is only he who wants to waste some time at home that will not invest while still in the school, when your pocket money is still flowing, your tuition, accommodation and all stuff are al taken care of, by parents and relations, it is the right time to invest, but where do you get the mone
continue reading
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Ganny01: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
It is quite unfortunate the kind of environment we find ourselves but every disappointment in life is a step to move forward. Wealth has many extended family n friends but poverty has only one friend which is your family.
Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by 9jaboi8701(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Op this is the best time to separate your friends from your frinemies. That's just my advice to you

1 Like

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by Fingesi(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Joblessness. ... its not a good place to be my dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. by ExInferis(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
zaza999:
Our company folded up and was closed down without payment of some months salary, let alone paying off. Since then it's not been easy financially and otherwise while seriously looking for job.

The one that surpises me is some friends' attitude since i am jobless.These are people when we were doing well in our office, we mingled together etc, but since the jobless saga started, many of them started disssociating themselves.They wont visit you as usual, they can't even give you a call, most time when you call them, they won't even pick your calls after seeing many missed calls from you on their phone but that wasn't the case when things were okay.

Telling them about helping you in search of jobs seems like a disturbance, many of them you will forward your cv to, will simply ignore making efforts while claiming as if they are doing anything on it. You will be seeing yourself as an abandoned fellow.The story is endless.

I begin to ask, are these as a result of wrong friends or normal thing. Advise or share your experience.

been there, done that.

mine was both friends and family.

at least now you know who your true friends are.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2012 NNPC Graduate Trainees Recruitment. Deadline 21 December 2012 / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. / How Can I Download The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Form?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.