Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation (68287 Views)

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) / Photo Of Ooni Enitan Adeyeye-Ogunwusi As A Corper / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Samtob90(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
dihalao:
The state government now decides who the next king would be, only in our generation.
That was how when they were fighting on who would be the next Oba of IKORODU, they had to take the matter to court and the judge selected who the king would be.

9ja I hail oo

The king makers select while the state Governor approves. That is the tradition. Before criticising, always research

3 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mark my word, I WILL BE KING IN MY VILLAGE
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Pchidexy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nigerian electricity is fraud. Let's fight it.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by miqos02(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
He a cute nigga.

Will he inherit the old wives?
in this age and time? abeg the guy needs fresh women
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by seangy4konji: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
No be small title them just give this man ooo

1 Like

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by amonkey5: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
[size=28pt]Great Scholarship! Career Offer
Click Here: http://appioffer01..com[/size]
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by CzarChris(m): 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:
Tradition: one of the straight part to hell

Refrain from it and be saved
viktor01:

I DEY TELL YOU, IT IS A FREE PASS
viktor01:

I DEY TELL YOU, IT IS A FREE PASS
What on earth is wrong with you guys? Because someone appreciates his culture then his on an expressway to hell?
Ignorance is truly a disease.
What of people that existed before the advent of Christianity? So the unquestioned adoption of another people's history and story is the basis of you making heaven, then I pity you.

6 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Atigba: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:

Shut up

U pig

2 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by VISTIN(m): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Atigba:

Shut up

U pig

I hope you're in the city, you left your village masqurade and gods all alone to come and eat fried plantain here.

If you're serious, resettle and become a chief priest
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by dihalao(m): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Samtob90:

The king makers select while the state Governor approves. That is the tradition. Before criticising, always research

I told you what happened here in ikorodu. Are you too blind to see that?
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Bonapart(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
CzarChris:

What on earth is wrong with you guys? Because someone appreciates his culture then his on an expressway to hell?
Ignorance is truly a disease.
What of people that existed before the advent of Christianity? So the unquestioned adoption of another people's history and story is the basis of you making heaven, then I pity you.
pity you more because you refuse to accept the truth. Dig deep into your tradition and you will get what your grandfathers get
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Bonapart(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
damton:
who made you the judge. You are not to judge anyone
hv said it as it is
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by dayowunmi(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
He a cute nigga.

most likely, its either he inherits them or they stay unmarried. that's the culture I guess.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Bonapart(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
VISTIN:

Candid Talk.

Imagine that young man to be the head of over 200 gods in the Yoruba Land.

Please, who will be his Abobaku?
they've only succeeded in removing the young man out of the right part till the end
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by john650(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
He a cute nigga.

Don't worry, I'm sure he won't have a problem getting his own wives, if he hasn't already done so.

Lucky dog, I'll love to be in his position, with the wives an all...lol.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by damton(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:
hv said it as it is
No. you are wrong
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sijo01:
Cute
But I don't understand why a son will be crown king when his father is still alive. undecided What a tradition! undecided

even the late Ooni mum was alive while he was crowned.

it's not a taboo in yorubaland.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by apholaryn: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:
they've only succeeded in removing the young man out of the right part till the end
E concern u?see as u carry d matter for head like afro

3 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Sijo01(f): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
Titilayodeji13:

even the late Ooni mum was alive while he was crowned.

it's not a taboo in yorubaland.

Mom is different from dad. Have heard of 'queen mother' I.e the King's mother but not heard of king's father.
Well, have gotten the explanation I needed from other users.

1 Like

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by DandyWalker(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:

haha, that's funny. Is it every part of our tradition that is bad? Are you saying all our forefathers who never heard about Jesus that would be condemned to hell? We don't have to sound dogmatic before we sound reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
So now that his 'selection' took a while...was the late Oba's innards refrigerated or roasted or wha
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by homirefacuny(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:

You aint God bro.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by SirNetwork(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
May the almighty guide you as take over the throne. Pls shun open politicking, my little advice.

Anyway, those of you with java programming projects should see my signature for assistance.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by sunsewa: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
One of the best news ever to come from Nigeria,this should revolutionize age of political leadership in our nation .not this old age odoured leaders.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by einsteino(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
dihalao:
The state government now decides who the next king would be, only in our generation.
That was how when they were fighting on who would be the next Oba of IKORODU, they had to take the matter to court and the judge selected who the king would be.

9ja I hail oo

Not everywhere, The bini obaship and Agbor Deinship are hereditary. straight from father to eldest son. No dispute. As a matter of fact in Benin, the eldest son is given a palace, chiefs and servants of his own from child hood, He is referred to as the Edaiken of Uselu. So he commands authority long before he ascends the throne. Even the president himself has no influence over who becomes oba of Benin. It is the ambiguity of ife's king making that creates opportunity for it to be influenced.
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by marlockj: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
iliyande:
grin may the Almighty God be with you as you takeover the throne. Amen

I am happy for you ooni

remember to do justice cool

stay away from partisan politics

Funny u.

If u only knw Wat it tkes to b an ooni u will knw it has no relation with God.

1 Like

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by RichDad1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
dihalao:

I told you what happened here in ikorodu. Are you too blind to see that?
You're wrong!
The king makers pick the Oba(Engr. Shotobi)and some other members of the Lasunwon royal family felt sidelined based on an agreed rotation policy that was contested in the court some years back regarding the Odofin chieftancy that was available then.
So they approached the court to nullify his candidature but unfortunately for then the court injunction came very late on a Friday and the corronation was held the following morning.
As it stand now, I believe some elders must have prevailed on the other factions to sheath their swords and embrace peace.

In conclusion, and to oppose your assertion, the court never decides the Ikorodu kingship.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Nayok(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
Op, is that Abobaku @ the right side of OBA?
Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sijo01:
Cute
But I don't understand why a son will be crown king when his father is still alive. undecided What a tradition! undecided
That is not ife's tradition or any other yoruba's tradition but when money talks, bullsh*t walks.

That should have automatically disqualified him as there are other princes from the giesi family, but ifa too dey chop dollars.

That is the Ooni elect's dad below.

Soldiers and mopol are currently in ife to prevent breakdown of order, since the selection process was murky.

I wish the king elect the very best.

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by Saurab: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
marlockj:

Funny u.

If u only knw Wat it tkes to b an ooni u will knw it has no relation with God.

It's may not have anything to do with your own god but it's got a lot to do with his own God.

2 Likes

Re: First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation by isinno: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
Remember not to choose a Runaway ABOBAKU”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians / Oba Of Lagos Should Learn This From Alaafin Of Oyo(photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.