Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic (766 Views)

21,084 police officers, 3 helicopters for Anambra governorship election / Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / AirForce To Deploy Surveillance Helicopters To The North. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by information1: 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
https://informationengine./2015/10/27/lagos-govt-to-buy-3-helicopters-to-battle-crime-and-also-tackle-traffic/
Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode yesterday said that his management has concluded plans to purchase three helicopters up coming month to allow security agencies tackle criminal actions from the air as well help out with monitoring traffic gridlock to reduce motion across the the city.

Ambode made the disclosure when discussing as a guest on a popular radio programme, Soni Irabor Live (SIL) on Inspiration FM.
He said he was seriously worried about the increased spate of robbery cases in some regions of the state, revealing optimism that the helicopters would go miles to aid security and also traffic surveillance in the state. He appealed to residents in the state to join hands with his government to ensure it is successful.

“We are in this together, all Lagosians. It is your government; you put me there; I’m your servant and I’m ready for criticism. I’m listening and I believe strongly that you have a say in this government because it is an inclusive government. No matter where you come from, no matter your creed or colour, this is your government. I appeal that Lagosians should join hands with me; tolerate whatever it is that you are seeing and make sure that you also carry out your own civic obligations. Pay your taxes because it is the only way that Lagos can grow and you know, the bottom line is this, we all need to work together to achieve a safer Lagos; a cleaner Lagos; and a more prosperous Lagos and that is what all of us are going to do,” he said.
https://informationengine./2015/10/27/lagos-govt-to-buy-3-helicopters-to-battle-crime-and-also-tackle-traffic/

Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by 1miccza: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Waste of taxpayer"s money if you ask me
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by Ballmer: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
It's like APC in Lagos intend to bury itself. What happened to the ones Fashola bought or plane dey expire with governor tenure ?
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by KnowAll(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
I thought fashola bought one. That means LS would have 4 helicopters. Are they sure these helicopters are for fighting crime and not 4 God Fathers.
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nyc
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by 1miccza: 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
KnowAll:
I thought fashola bought one. That means LS would have 4 helicopters. Are they sure these helicopters are for fighting crime and not 4 God Fathers.

Lwkmd the god fathers are also criminals
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by datola: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
What sort of helicopters is Lagos purchasing to combat crime. Hope the helicopters would be able to fight crime in the real sense.

Don't waste money o frivolities.
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by ElDaIllest(m): 12:41am On Oct 28, 2015
undecided plz when you say buy,hope it's not all these quarter to go choppers? Na inside lagoon straight up
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by Vicadonis(m): 1:30am On Oct 28, 2015
misplaced priority. Is that the next thing. They ain't even thinking of how to create jobs or something better. What kinda crime will 3 helicopters solve. We don't have terror activities, little bunkery, little or no kidnapping. Let this guy use his head jare
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by firfinch(m): 1:38am On Oct 28, 2015
That's a good move. Safety first.
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by SmartMugu: 4:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Does Lagos now have its own police force? Isn't it the Nigerian police that's responsible for fighting crimes? Shouldn't the purchase be at the federal level?
Another attempt to embezzle.
What kind of dumb people do we elect sef?
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by Demmocrats(m): 4:50am On Oct 28, 2015
grin
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by emilyone(f): 5:02am On Oct 28, 2015
I knew from day one that orobo has nothing to offer Lagos.

Procurement of copters is just another avenue for him and his God father to embezzle money.

Eko fashola now turning to a nightmare.
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by DaBullIT(m): 5:33am On Oct 28, 2015
Every innovation is a waste or a whitehorse project until you realize there's more to the plan than it meets the eye

I will personally suggest a merger of all these independent radio stations / tv stations in Lagos and environs, one big news outlet should be able to afford a chopper to cover live events , traffic , e.t.c

Anything's possible with the right drive
1miccza:
Waste of taxpayer"s money if you ask me
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by PRYCE(m): 5:52am On Oct 28, 2015
If any lagos governor wants to be celebrated, He should inject a lot of money into those lagos ghettos. Transform those slumps... And then Lagos will indeed be the mega African city! Just saying...
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by RichDad1(m): 5:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Ambo should thread carefully.
Fashola has really raised the bar in governance and expectations are very high from Lagosians. If perchance he should failed, APC can as well kiss Lagos bye bye.
Re: Lagos Govt To Buy 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Also Tackle Traffic by 1miccza: 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
Every innovation is a waste or a whitehorse project until you realize there's more to the plan than it meets the eye

I will personally suggest a merger of all these independent radio stations / tv stations in Lagos and environs, one big news outlet should be able to afford a chopper to cover live events , traffic , e.t.c

Anything's possible with the right drive

Bros where i don't buy such an idea is the fact that
It would be used to tackle crime as for the chopper by radio and tv stations is that necessary

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial Portfolios: Presidency Denies Speculated List / Buhari Cannot Stop MASSOB – Ohanaeze / Ben Murray Bruce - " I Started Silverbird With 20,000 Naira "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.