Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? (21879 Views)

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 07, 2009
xavier3:

omo na so wedding expensive reach, if na dat 1 i go remain single  grin grin

i go ask my babe cant we b boyfriend and girlfriend 4eva  grin grin

even if we get pikin  grin lol

My plan B. I heard one of my cousins (lady) is tying soon. N500K has been mentioned. Na waoh!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by xavier3(m): 6:05pm On May 07, 2009
Winnergal:

450.000 is more than enough . . .

u dey naija at all, who tel u say dat dow dey enuff 4 white weddin e b lyk say u want make d bobo do black wedn  grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by xavier3(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2009
ferdiii:

I heard one of my cousins (lady) is tying soon. N500K has been mentioned. Na waoh!

na half a milla b dat. just listen 4 mo coz dat na 1st estimate, coz wedn na lyk building wey dem just dey construct

anoda expense area go soon come 2 light
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by kshow1(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2009
@ poster : if you will notice 98% of ladies will tell you its not enough. BUT people have done it with less than that in the past. all you need to do is     1. trime down your guest.
       2. look for a cheap reception hall.
       3. probably wed on a weekday.
the choice is yours anyway cos i do not know your financees taste because its her day. your status also has a lot to play for instance you do not expect a vulganizer to spend up to that for his own wedding.  angry angry angry . i believe my point is understood.
i spent millions during mine and never regretted till date. grin grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by xavier3(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2009
kshow1:

i spent millions during mine and never regretted till date. grin grin grin

because ur wife dey pay u back in bed
dat na payment in kind
grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Winnergal(f): 6:19pm On May 07, 2009
Interestingly, you can never tell the real cost of a fantabulous wedding ceremony . . . Except the organizer reveal it to you . . .
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by webprince(m): 6:44pm On May 07, 2009
@poster I can deduce U r male. then U must be aware dat ur bride's family should be the one hosting the wedding, so dat automatically reduces ur financial commitment towards d wedding. BUT NOTE, dat doesn't implies dat U wont spend at all.

N.B. I just got married on May 2nd, so am talking from experience, my wife's dad spent close 2 2million, while I spent in excess of 1.4million.

Just pray dat ur wife's family is not d type dats loves extravagant party.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by dae(f): 7:05pm On May 07, 2009
hmmmmm, good question.
My cousin is also getting married and asked me the same question, can someone suggest a realistic Figure for the Following:
Ps, this is for 400 guests.

Food (Whatever eatable during weddings)
Meat ( Fish, goat, cow, pomo)
Drinks (assorted, including Liqors)
Musicians
Reception hall
Decorations,photographer, videographer
Invitation Cards
Gifts for guests
Wedding Cake

I'll appreciate the help oooo my people!! grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by xavier3(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2009
webprince:

N.B. I just got married on May 2nd, so am talking from experience, my wife's dad spent close 2 2million, while I spent in excess of 1.4million.

now we r talkin, coz i know dat a standard white wedn fals within milla range depending on d kinda people involved
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by yeswecan(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2009
If you don't have the money to spend skip the celebration. You can have a simple and quiet wedding
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by fayahsoul: 7:22pm On May 07, 2009
yeswecan:

Signature: "God bless the jews"

qestion: who are the jews?
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by yeswecan(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2009
I believe you can access google from your PC.

@ Poster. A fabulous wedding is not a bad idea but if you don't have the funds a quiet one is not bad.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by eruwa2001: 7:40pm On May 07, 2009
450k will go a long way ,this is my advice for the following,
Print 50 cards
Use ur compound or the bride’s house
Cow will cost your about 95k
3 Canopies, 100 chairs, 15 tables is about 25k
Local decorators 15k
Ring 27k, use a local gospel band 35k,
You can get  suit 30k, shoe 10k, ur wife can sew her own, any of ur friend with clean black suit can be ur best man
Drinks, 10 crates of star, 5 harp, 5 small stout, 10 minerals, 3 gulder, 5 malts, 10 water and 10 bags of pure water. Then to decorate tables,  5 chandor wine,  12 bottles of baron de val, 12 bottles of baron de Romeo
The feeding just give your mother 100k, it will be surplus, or ur wife’s mother, they will rent plates and spoon and ur wife younger sister or sisters will serve on that day .
If u need my contact let me know, I will plan it for free
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 07, 2009
Even folks wey no dey show for church, dey hustle white wedding too.I think say na for holy people, abi all holy when wedding show?
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 07, 2009
eruwa2001:

450k will go a long way ,this is my advice for the following,
Print 50 cards
Use ur compound or the bride’s house
Cow will cost your about 95k
3 Canopies, 100 chairs, 15 tables is about 25k
Local decorators 15k
Ring 27k, use a local gospel band 35k,
You can get  suit 30k, shoe 10k, ur wife can sew her own, any of ur friend with clean black suit can be ur best man
Drinks, 10 crates of star, 5 harp, 5 small stout, 10 minerals, 3 gulder, 5 malts, 10 water and 10 bags of pure water. Then to decorate tables,  5 chandor wine,  12 bottles of baron de val, 12 bottles of baron de Romeo
The feeding just give your mother 100k, it will be surplus, or ur wife’s mother, they will rent plates and spoon and ur wife younger sister or sisters will serve on that day .
If u need my contact let me know, I will plan it for free

bros, e ji iwu. This one I defer to you, it is ur talent.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Redman44(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2009
Jesus!!!

I can't believe all what I'm reading on this thread. No wonder many Naija guys marry late. With the economic recession, people are still spending this much on weddings cry cry So after the 450,000 Naira is spent, won't the couple pay rent? or maybe the guy has already built a house cheesy cheesy . Nigerians have to be realistic towards life. I believe the real marriage starts after the all the ceremonies, when the couple are left alone to face the future. With the information I have garnered from this thread, I need to work harder since I don't know how to rob banks grin grin . I will be marrying one day too.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by sosisi(f): 9:21pm On May 07, 2009
Redman44:

Jesus!!!

I can't believe all what I'm reading on this thread. No wonder many Naija guys marry late. With the economic recession, people are still spending this much on weddings cry cry So after the 450,000 Naira is spent, won't the couple pay rent? or maybe the guy has already built a house cheesy cheesy . Nigerians have to be realistic towards life. I believe the real marriage starts after the all the ceremonies, when the couple are left alone to face the future. With the information I have garnered from this thread, I need to work harder since I don't know how to rob banks grin grin . I will be marrying one day too.

You haven't even talked about the preliminary trips and the traditional marriage ceremony.
If you come towards the south East and south south,our dowry and "list of things to buy" are non negotiable grin grin
God is able
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by sosisi(f): 9:23pm On May 07, 2009
The cheapest na Hausa girls.A[b]ll you need is the ability to endure 100 strokes of koboko without shedding a tear,a few gallons of kunu and burukutu plus 10 plastic basins of different colors[/b] and the woman is yours. grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Pittbaby(f): 9:24pm On May 07, 2009
@ poster

The arch bishop Vining memorial Church has a hall that can be rented for $100K ,  it is pretty decent the catch is no booze (only wine allowed ) and they literally kick you out at 6Pm. I considered using them but settled for a nearby field also managed by the church at the same price , now I have to pay tent rental and all that stuff , needless to say I am about ready to elope

undecided
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Sauron1: 9:28pm On May 07, 2009
450K to plan a white wedding?
Are we talking about $450k or N450K??
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by opsydudu(m): 9:31pm On May 07, 2009
why not plan your wedding the 9ice's way?

any day of the week will be ok. Mon is the best choice so pple won't have your time

and your wife's family should play their own role. don't kill yourself with too much expenses

450k won't be enough if you try anything close to being extravagant.

watch your bank account so that you won't have to drink garri after marriage
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Akolawole(m): 9:43pm On May 07, 2009
@Poster

Eruwa and Chukw don do you big favour

Model your plan around that.

~Sauron~:

450K to plan a white wedding?
Are we talking about $450k or N450K??

Yes £2000 !

Wetin you wan say?

When you did your own in East ham last year, how much did you spend? £300 to entertain 30 guest at chinese restaurant.

Take time, dont let me expose you here o grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Sauron1: 9:46pm On May 07, 2009
Akolawole:

Yes £2000 !

2K pounds to do wedding? Are u kidding me??
That won't cater for drinks let alone organise the wedding.
What about the venue of reception, cake, wedding suit n shoes. . . .

When you did your own in East ham last year, how much did you spend? £300 to entertain 30 guest at chinese restaurant.
Take time, dont let me expose you here o grin

Mistaken identity. . . . . .Hannibal is still single. wink
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Typewriter(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2009
Can ladies keep in mind that most men are having hard time to wed (sorry spend hard earned Naira on one day event)

so i expect ladies to encourage this topic by bring out points that will make it possible for men to go for low key and easy weddings

please tabulate the most needed items and cost alternative so that Guys can agree to do this calvary and cross journey early.
than to wait for the woman of their love get older and desperate or get the poor thing impregnated to bring about hidding marrage or cheap wedding

again ladies should know that after wedding day (a one day event ) comes marrage (a life time event)
so which is more important?

note: also that Mr Right can not be a ready made thing rather you can mould and shape out your MR. Right with who you have!
stop being greedy, get to work and get lucky!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by kelao: 11:17pm On May 07, 2009
Yes of course you can use 450k. here is how to do it.

RULE NUMBER 1: DON'T INVOLVE A WEDDING PLANER.
RULE NUMBER 2: YOUR WIFE MUST HIRE A GOWN.

Now lets go.

If you attend church make sure the reception is in your church premises
with that,no alcohol will be involved.

Use chicken,6 cartons of chicken will do

16 cartons of malt drink and about 2 crates of minerals =408 bottles

Cook 1 and half bag of rice

Buy normal wine for your toast @lmostt 2 cartons

make your cake cheap

If you are in lagos,go to mushin and get cards @ 6k for 100 copies
make sure you don't print more than 100 cards.

Buy normal GL wedding ring,when you have money you can buy gold or silver.
Get a good suit on the island for 12k

Guy with this,you are good to go.

Dont mind those jobless wedding planners,they are out there to milk you dry,
Marriage does not end in the reception,their is more to it.

Best Regards
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 11:20pm On May 07, 2009
xavier3:

because ur wife dey pay u back in bed
dat na payment in kind
grin grin

rofl. . . cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by BenHundred(m): 12:00am On May 08, 2009
I really doubt it would go smoothly if planned with that amount. Don't get me wrong, you can plan the wedding with 450k but you would have to cut down the number of guests, not hire a wedding planner( they like money grin), and strictly state on the I.V :ABEG NO BRING EXTRA PERSON COME lol.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by akinalabi(m): 12:03am On May 08, 2009
450k?

E go hard o. . . grin

Except you no wan make e sweet  grin

kelao:

make your cake cheap

I know someone that used Eba and put icing on it. grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Sauron1: 12:04am On May 08, 2009
akinalabi:

450k?

E go hard o. . . grin

Except you no wan make e sweet grin

Thank you, jare.
Nor mind Akola.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 12:07am On May 08, 2009
kelao:

Yes of course you can use 450k. here is how to do it.

RULE NUMBER 1: DON'T INVOLVE A WEDDING PLANER.
RULE NUMBER 2: YOUR WIFE MUST HIRE A GOWN.

Now lets go.

If you attend church make sure the reception is in your church premises
with that,no alcohol will be involved.

Use chicken,6 cartons of chicken will do

16 cartons of malt drink and about 2 crates of minerals =408 bottles

Cook 1 and half bag of rice

Buy normal wine for your toast @lmostt 2 cartons

make your cake cheap

If you are in lagos,go to mushin and get cards @ 6k for 100 copies
make sure you don't print more than 100 cards.

Buy normal GL wedding ring,when you have money you can buy gold or silver.
Get a good suit on the island for 12k

Guy with this,you are good to go.

Dont mind those jobless wedding planners,they are out there to milk you dry,
Marriage does not end in the reception,their is more to it.

Best Regards

DWL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Akolawole(m): 12:16am On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thank you, jare.
Nor mind Akola.

The main reasons why my women are always village girls.

Trustworthy!

Natural beautiful!! Not Mary kay pampered grin

And Many more!!!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 12:17am On May 08, 2009
Akolawole:

The main reasons why my women are always village girls.

Trustworthy!

Natural beautiful!! Not Mary kay pampered grin

And Many more!!!

Hehehehehehehehehe grin cheesy
The suliats cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Of Man Who Died A Week To His Wedding In Bauchi (Photos) / My Wedding Pictures / Birthday Party For One Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.