Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update (19251 Views)

Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2015
The Nigeria Senate will conduct the final lap of ministerial screening today, October 28 as five nominees are expected to answer series of questions raised on the floor of the House.

Naij.com recalls that a mild drama occurred yesterday, October 27,  as one of the ministerial nominees, Pastor Usani Uguru Usani responsed to a question where he was asked if he has worked with any PDP senators.

Usani’s response: “God Forbid”, was however greeted with extreme disgust among the PDP senators. But the ministerial nominee was quick to tender an apology for his remark.

31 ministerial nominees have been screened with 18 of them confirmed as ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The 18 confirmed ministers are: Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom state), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti state), Audu Ogbeh (Benue state), Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi state), Osagie Ehanire (Edo state), Abdulrahman Dambazau (Kano state), Lai Mohammed (Kwara state), Amina J Mohammed (Gombe state), Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa state) and Ibrahim Jibril (Nasarawa state), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos state), Dr. Ibe Kachikwu (Delta state), Abubakar Malami (Kebbi state), Chris Ngige (Anambra state), Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Taraba state), Solomon Dalong (Plateau state), Kemi Adeosun (Ogun state), Hadi Sirika (Katsina state).

Naij.com is live at the Red Chamber to bring you live coverage of today’s ministerial screening exercise.

10:35: Some Distinguished Senators already seated in the gallery as the atmosphere is calm going into the last day of the ministerial screening exercise. Senate President Bukola Saraki is reportedly on his way to the Red Chamber

10:55: Distinguished Senators are spotted greeting and chatting up one another.

11:00: Senate President Bukola Saraki just arrived the Senate Gallery, He is seen exchanging pleasantries with Distinguished Senators.

11:01: Saraki takes the Opening Prayer.

11:06: Saraki reads a letter from Senators representing Sokoto State endorsing a minsiterial nominee Aisha Abubakar from Sokoto state. Several petitions have been filed against her candidacy.

11:09: Saraki  announces the presence of Staff and Students of St. Mike Anglican School and Christ Ambassador College in the Senate Gallery.

11:15: Speaking outside the Red Chamber, Senator Babajide Omoworare, chairman committee Rules and Business said the final five nominees will be screened today, including Aisha Abubakar from Sokoto state.

He added: “At the conclusion of the ministerial screening, the Senate can then focus on the screening of the INEC chairman and the five INEC commissioners. From all indications, the screening of the INEC chairman and commissioners will hold tomorrow, October 29.”

11:16: Before commencing the Ministerial screening, the Senate are right about discussing other matter raised in the House. Senate Leader Ali Ndume and the Clerk of the Senate has moved to Present a total of 5 (Five) Bills for their respective First Readings. The Bills are: Prevention and Punishment of Torture Bill 2015 (SB. 47) by Senator Biodun Olujimi (Ekiti South), Nigerian Biodiversity Bill 2015 (SB. 79) by Senator Theodore Orji (Abia Central), Fire Arms Act CAP F28 LFN 2004 (Repeal & Re-enactment) Bill 2015 (SB. 85) by Senator Joshua Dariye (Plateau Central), Counterfeit Goods Bill 2015 (SB. 117) by Senator Isah Misau (Bauchi Central), National Ecological Agency (Est. Etc.) Bill 2015 (SB, 121) by Senator Obinna Ogba (Ebonyi Central).

11:20: Senate President Bukola Saraki invites Senator Anyawu, chairman of the ethics comittee, privileges and Public Petitions to submit a report of the petition against one of the ministerial nominee, Aisha Abubakar from Sokoto state. Senator Anyawu however reveals the report isn’t ready and will be made available tomorrow, October 29. His statement is however greeted with disgust from some senators.

11:25: The Senate Leader, Senator Ndume guides the House regarding public petitions. He says the Senate should not deliberate on a matter in Court.

11:27: However, in a dramatic fashion, the petitioners against Aisha Abubakar from Sokoto state just withdrew the petition and so the ministerial nominee is now eligible to be screened.

11:30: The Senate has now moved to debate the Motion on the Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport, Abuja Second Runway Contract by Senator Dino Melaye

11:40: The Senate resolves into the committee of a whole to commence the ministerial screening. The ministerial nominees will be screened in this order: Eyinna Enelamah, Anthony Gozie, Musa Bello, Adamu Adamu, & Aisha Abubakar.

11:45: Senate President Bukola Saraki ushers the first ministerial nominee, Okechukwu Eyinna Enelamah (Abia state).

11:50: Saraki asks Enelamah to introduce himself.

11:53: Enelamah says: “Me and my generation have benefited so much from the nation and it’s time to give back.”

11:54: Enelamah says: “We need to build an economy that’s inclusive, that is an economy that will create jobs.”

11:55: Enelamah says: “The tax we collect in this country is quite small.”

11:56: Enelamah says: “I’m honored to be nominated.”

11:57: Enelamah says: ‘I will work tirelessly in collaboration with other stakeholders in building a Nigeria of our dreams.”

11:58: Enelamah now being quizzed by Senators.

https://www.naij.com/620351-day-7-nigeria-senate-conducts-last-lap-ministerial-screening-live-update.html/?nomso

Stay tuned...
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by agarawu23(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Make I park my okada here abeg and watch the film

2 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by jaykaylegend(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Abeg when are they going to confirm amaechi and the others that were screened last week??

Meanwhile;
Mourinho waving goodbye to chelsea job like;

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by ricsman(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2015
ok
first nominee is on
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Incase of any dramacheesy
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Nice one. The man from Abia. Nice intro.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by hinwazaka: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2015
OP, stop wasting our time with this nonsense, noone cares anymore

1 Like

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by modath(f): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
Watching the minister of finance in waiting..

So so impressed wirh Enelamah. .....

Hope he translates it to the National stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
hinwazaka:
Stop wasting our time with this nonsense, noone cares anymore
Mr, hinwazaka, where the hell have you been? grin grin

If you dont care, you would not bother opening every thread that has to do with it. Right? grin

8 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
hinwazaka:
You don't care, and you are here.

If i talk now, them go say i talk

6 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
I can't finds my remote control
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by ricsman(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
hinwazaka:
allow him complete what he started na, at least today is the last day.

remember Ameachi have not being confirmed oo

so don't miss the drama ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Rilwayne001: 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
cool
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
londongal03:
how many avenues are u exploring to finds' a remote control? Cos that finds signifies u r exploring more than one avenue.

Sha in other news, who is going to be the minister of opposition affairs?
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
This man is so confident. He seems to know his onions
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by hinwazaka: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
WHOcarex:
You don't care, and you are here.

If i talk now, them go say i talk
You are a nobody, so if you like talk, if you like, don't talk. It wouldn't mean shit.
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by vkeydon(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
i believe dis screening will not stop them from helping buharia to loot public funds
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
londongal03:
You used it last night. Check your bed
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
hinwazaka:

[s]You are a nobody, so if you like talk, if you like, don't talk. It wouldn't mean shit[/s].

2 Likes

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by naptu2: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
(On tv) NTA Network, Channels TV and TV Continental.

(On radio) RayPower 100.5, Radio Nigeria One 103.5 and Radio Continental 102.3

@NGRSenate, @NTANewsNow, @Channelstv, and @vanguardngrnews on Twitter

Watch online.
http://www.nta.ng/live/
https://m.youtube.com/user/channelsweb?

1 Like

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by faithfancy: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Finally
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
midolian:
Has Amaechi been confirmed?
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by jaybee3(m): 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Did ben bruce just ask the nominee what he would do differently to lead us into the 17th century?
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
cheesy Remi Tinubu ooooo grin
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by asha80(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
jaybee3:
Did ben bruce just ask the nominee what he would do differently to lead us into the 17th century?
nope...he said what are going to do so as not to live us in the 17th century
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
WHOcarex:
Has Amaechi been confirmed?
Not yet bro. That should happen today.
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
Stella Odua talking as if she is hor.ny
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by jaybee3(m): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
nope...he said what are going to do so as not to live us in the 17th century

We aren't in the 17th century though undecided
Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by WHOcarex: 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
midolian:
Not yet bro. That should happen today.
Ok thanks. #Watching

1 Like

Re: Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
lalasticlala...........................................

11:40: The Senate resolves (DISSOLVES?) into the committee of a whole to commence the ministerial screening.

Does the Senators have laps?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones / Ondo Election: Candidates Sign Peace Agreement At INEC Office / "Buhari Would Have Breached ECOWAS Protocol Signing Electoral Bill"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.