Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine (1155 Views)

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by kunmi007: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
Please I need advice on this. I noticed oil leaking somewhere behind the engine. Took it to my mechanic to check, he looks at it and says we'll have to use gum to fix it. I was in a hurry and didn't even have time to listen to that. So I'm here to seek advice from a pro. What should I do about the leak?

Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by kingreign(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
kunmi007:
Please I need advice on this. I noticed oil leaking somewhere behind the engine. Took it to my mechanic to check, he looks at it and says we'll have to use gum to fix it. I was in a hurry and didn't even have time to listen to that. So I'm here to seek advice from a pro. What should I do about the leak?
Is it a light leakage or heavy leak? I am suspecting leakage from a seal. Don't use gum. Dump that kazeem.

Wheres your location?
Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by kunmi007: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
@kingreign I stay at Yaba. It is a light leak.
Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by kingreign(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
kunmi007:
@kingreign I stay at Yaba. It is a light leak.

Contact Gazzuzz, 08023251039
Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by kunmi007: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
@kingreign okay, thank you. I will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Oil leaks are the devils play.

What looks like it could be coming from the back could even be from the front and trails back.

If it were my car, the first thing I'll do is steam clean the engine and especially the area. You then start to see where the oil is coming from.

If it's coming from the general area of the back directly and not trailing down from above then I would start looking at main rear seal. If it's coming form the top then it might be a cylinder head cover gasket.

That's where I would start from.

If you're not and if you're so inclined you should try to be more DIY. Even if you're going to pay someone to fix it, you should still be a clued in consumer and no what is being fixed.

Good luck.
Re: 2008 Toyota Corolla Leaking Oil Somewhere Behind The Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
kunmi007:

Valve cover gasket.

08023251039 whatsapp 08033910382.

I don't respond to PMs

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem / How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It / What Car Can Your Account Balance Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.