Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Barbaric Masquarades(ekpo) Culture In Which Females Are Indoor For A Day - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Barbaric Masquarades(ekpo) Culture In Which Females Are Indoor For A Day (577 Views)

Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor / Ooni Of Ife Oba Enitan Ogunwusi Makes 1st Public Appearance A Day After Secret C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Barbaric Masquarades(ekpo) Culture In Which Females Are Indoor For A Day by gentleowo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nairalanders, i'm here to share with you a particular cultural activity that should not be allowed in this 21st century.The Ekpo (masquarade) Culture.this cultural festival is being perform in my state(Akwa Ibom) Annang land in particular. It always come up at the first week of september and stop at the last week of october every year. what prompted me to come up with this write-up is about their usual tradition of females not going outside on the last Akenyong market day of october.They are by this tradition indoor for the day. No market, no church(if it falls on sunday), no work. simply put, masquarades parading the streets on this day considers it a great offence and a taboo seeing women. Tomorrow happen to be that last Akenyong market day of October.consequently any female found outside throughout the duration of tomorrow, her head will serve as cup for drinking local gin by the masquaraders. Thus, concerned Nigerians on nairaland, is this so-call culture still necessary in this computer age? your opinion
Re: The Barbaric Masquarades(ekpo) Culture In Which Females Are Indoor For A Day by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar

Yoruba's own is alagemo
Re: The Barbaric Masquarades(ekpo) Culture In Which Females Are Indoor For A Day by kiakes: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
is harlotry good in this computer age? Look the so called women how they dress at this computer age, is that not what they learn at the computer cos without it and television how are they going to see the white people to immitate them?

(1) (Reply)

3things You Must (or Should) Always Have With You In Nigeria. / How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Year Old Delta King / "Afonjas" Demystified: You Need To Read This!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.