Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! (30915 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / NYSC - The Best And Highest Paying States For National Youth Services In Nigeria / NYSC: The Treasury Is Virtually Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Raalsalghul: 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
woodboi:

Have you ever heard of the word Reevaluation, what you are proving is pointless, just like saying the word of God is stale, at least I have been hearing about the coming of the lord from the moment I understand what sanity is all about, yet the world seems to be growing worst.

During my school days it is easy for guys to gather money, skip school fees just to have the latest gadget and ball with cream bae while power generator as the call demand. I was lost just few months after school, this same folks can't even maintain anything bill in their life without depending, I am not trying to spite anyone, but make use of opportunity when it comes you way... No matter how hard you try to down play this post, accept it OP just saved a soul. Take a Bow and Go!
I would have preferred if you were the one that quoted my comment in the first place rather than the other guy that was calling names. Very intelligent reply! Your comment is reasonable, logical, matured and has made me see the importance of the thread. I am taking the bow now!

1 Like

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by nosiebaba(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for your contribution. As for me, even after my kids may have finished their first degree, I won't stop helping them. I'll continue to give them all the necessary support till they're able to stand on their own. That's the point dear.
That's not the best way to help them. Supporting them is different from them being fully dependent on you.
And how about people that don't have parents, we have orphaned people too that either lost one or both parent. Not everybody can have a parent to support but everyone can have and utilise their potential. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by woodboi(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Raalsalghul:
I would have preferred if you were the one that quoted my comment in the first place rather than the other guy that was calling names. Very intelligent reply! Your comment is reasonable, logical, matured and has made me see the importance of the thread. I am taking the bow now!

No pee boss.. we are all human.
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
Raalsalghul:
I would have preferred if you were the one that quoted my comment in the first place rather than the other guy that was calling names. Your comment is reasonable, matured and has made me see the importance of the thread. I am taking the bow now!

Then we all win. LOL!
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by blaqkenny: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dear Nigerian Youth Corpers,

This is a clarion call you must heed. Luck, they say, is when opportunity meets preparedness. If you are a corp member currently serving our fatherland Nigeria, count yourself lucky. What I'm about revealing is a potential gold mine! What would you do if you found one I bet your thoughts are as good as mine. Some may have heard of this gold mine but then, what have they done? Now is the time to take a share of your national cake...ewa...moin moin...okpa...suya...whatever you choose to call it, but the BIG QUESTION is...how do I gain access to this gold mine? If you are curious to know how, please read on...

GOLD MINE LOCATION: The NYSC/BOI Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) ACCESS DENIED! Awww...poor corper. cry You feeling disappointed already? Not to worry. Here is your access key!

HOW TO GAIN ACCESS
Now you've found your gold mine but then, how do you start mining away? Are you equipped with the right tools, equipment and know-how. If YES, you are welcome. But if your response is in the negative, not to worry. That is the reason why I'm HERE! To equip you with the right tools for mining. You have that which you need but another big question is ARE YOU READY TO ACQUIRE, PROCURE THAT WHICH YOU NEED

ACCESS KEY A Detailed Business Plan.

Come join me on whatsapp where I hand over your access keys to you. Join the NYSC/BOI GEF CORPERS HUB on 07031813005. I'll see you on the inside. Till then, in the words of my mentor John Obidi,

Be Phenomenal or Be Forgotten!

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by SynergyWorld: 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Do we have Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Petroleum and Gas Engineers and Industrial Chemists in the House? This may be of help to You.

The Hysys is a Chemical Engineering Software used in the oil and gas industry, particularly the upstream and down stream sectors, to determine the outcome of process operations. It is used to know the end results of change in parameters in process equipment such as Separators, Reactors, Columns, Tanks, Heat Exchangers and so on.

Hysys is used in Design Engineering companies to simulate process operations under novel design or modification. Hysys has the capacity to rigorously simulate cryogenic processes used in LNG, Separation processes used in all Upstream Multinational Companies, Reaction Operations used in the Refinery and Petrochemical industries; Hysys can also calculate pressure drops over long pipeline distances, very necessary in the Nigerian Gas Company, and can be used to set design parameters for Distillation Columns, pumps, compressors and other unit operation equipment.

A good knowledge in Hysys gives you a sparkling edge in job finding and makes you years ahead of your peers. It enriches your CV, and gives you an opportunity to confidently apply and get jobs in any multinational oil and gas company.

Hysys also further buttresses the knowledge you have gained so far in school and enables you maximise your potentials.

join us from Monday 2nd November, 2015.

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by tola9ja: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
dearpreye:
To start with, if you haven't started pondering what will become of your life and career after the NYSC, you're already in a very big trouble.

Ours is a society where parents and guardians believe that training their kids or assisting adolescents end the moment after their graduation from the higher institutions. I believe that's terribly wrong BUT that's the relentless reality. Once you're out of the higher institutions, you're ON YOUR OWN.

Whether you like to believe it or not, there's no free lunch waiting for everyone after their NYSC. Except your parents are top politicians, the average one of us will have to fight for their survival after the NYSC.

Our lives are rated in time. So to waste time is to waste our lives. I wish I could drop all I discussed recently with a neighbour when she told me she will be going for her NYSC very soon.

To many this one year is a year of enjoyment and frivolities. If you're in that category, perish the idea. This one year is one of the most important period in your life. This one year should be spent planning your future, pondering what exactly you want to do, where you'll love to work, where you'll like to live, what you'll do if there's no job in the first one or two years. The fact is, many shall be worn out jobs in their first few years after the NYSC. You may say GOD FORBID, but again that's the bitter truth.

As a corper or prospective one, I advise you save at least 10% of your allowance EVERYONE MONTH. You've got no choice. The first year after service is usually the most challenging for most graduates, because that's the very first time they're experiencing the reality of life. The euphoria of school and NYSC are over and the brutal reality stare them in the face. Save your money. Have an idea what you may do. Plan your years ahead.

Learn a skill. The present economic times are challenging. Folks are losing jobs everyday. The prevailing economic downturn may be around till next year. You need to be prepared. This news should discourage you, instead let it make you become very proactive and forward thinking. If there's any skill you love to learn, this is the best and most appropriate time.

It takes a lot more than being a graduate to succeed. It takes planning, plan B, focus, discipline and determination to succeed. Being without a job is the worst position one can find themselves.

With a little discipline and vision, impending joblessness and the accompanying depression can be avoided. Be smart.

Like the Boys Scout Motto: Be Prepared.

Lalasticlala, please kindly do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Arcprestige(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Stay Positive .

Thursday, October 29th .
Pastor Chris

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:cool.

One of the many beautiful characteristics of the God-kind of love is that it believes only the best about others. Some people get themselves into trouble for believing all the wrong and negative things they heard about others. Never allow anyone bring some negative information into your life to defile the purity of your spirit. Don’t spend time thinking about the negative things, including negative information about other people.

There’re those who develop hatred for others because of what they heard about them. When you see others the way God sees them, you’ll never be negatively influenced by any purported negative information about them. The best thing is to see people and relate with them from the perspective of God’s love. Don’t let anyone incite a dislike in you against someone else. Stay on the positive. Stay with the good thoughts about everyone.

The Spirit of God shows us in our theme verse the kind of thoughts we should have; the things you should set your mind on. He doesn’t tell us to dwell on allegations against people. This is the Word of God. Practise it. You become the reflection of your thoughts. The Bible says as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). Imagine that your life is the reflection of the things itemized in Philippians 4:8. What a beautiful life that’ll be!

The same way you’re expected to be positive about people, you should also have a positive outlook on life; a positive mentality. When there’s a situation you need to deal with, perhaps in your health, or your finances, whatever it may be; be full of joy, because you know that anything is possible. The Word says, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...” (Proverbs 17:22). James 1:2 says count it all joy when you go through diverse tests; why? It’s because your victory is inevitable!

Refuse to allow anyone or anything knock the joy out of you. Challenges are for your promotion. So, be happy about life, about everyone and about everything! Glory to God!

PRAYER

Dear Lord, thank you for your Word that brings purity to my heart. I’m transformed and built up by your Word today, elevated to a higher level of glory, as I think on your Word, joyful and excited about my life and your blessings that I enjoy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: || 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 ESV Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. ||

|| John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ||

|| Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 1-2,
Jeremiah 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:22-32,
2 Kings 21-22

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Nicogen4us(f): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2015
butanep:

Did I hear you say SAED?

NYSC SAED is pure scam.
what do u mean by scam? Pls explain urself and let me clearify it 4 u?
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by butanep(m): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Nicogen4us:
what do u mean by scam? Pls explain urself and let me clearify it 4 u?

I will explain to you. After the three weeks in orientation camp, the program is nothing to write home about. What can one successfully learn within the duration of 1-2 weeks? The funnest part of it is that they start demanding for unnecessary amount of money for the 2weeks duration.

A friend of mine was interested to continue a particular training after camp, he was told to pay a huge sum of money even as a corper and will also be doing the training at their office in the state capital which is about 3km from his LG.

Apart from the state capital, SAED don't have skills acquisition centers in other remote villages where most corpers are posted to, so how will they acquire the necessary skills.

SAED is just functional within the period in camp and after then, they disappear into the air. If SAED is really functional, most corps members won't be looking for jobs after service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by mrnuur(m): 10:31am On Oct 29, 2015
butanep:

You make me laugh bro... you are good in your field. You will know thousands of people that are better than you when you come to the real world.

Do you think those unemployed graduates are handicap in their field? Some are genius but no opportunity...

You better re-structured your mind set and scrap that notion from your memory.

So cos there are thousands of people out there i should bring myself down and say i'm not good or what are you saying here??
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by butanep(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
mrnuur:

So cos there are thousands of people out there i should bring myself down and say i'm not good or what are you saying here??

Understand my point. I didn't tell you to bring yourself down or look inferior but don't let it get over your head because no matter how good you are, if you don't have the opportunity to showcase what you have, it may appear you know nothing.

Develop you mind and tell yourself there are many things you have to know. That's the best way to grow.
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Nicogen4us(f): 10:52am On Oct 29, 2015
First may be dat is happening at ur state, 2, may be d NYSC do not screen d so call facilitators very well b4 register them 4 d programm i.e all facilitator has to register under NYSC with their companies name and address and no money should be collected at thd camp for any skill because u will be thought the importance in all skill at d camp inwhich u will take any1 or more to be ur acquired on when u get to ur L.G. and then u will now pay 2 that facilitator 4 ur training. Dat duration will nw depend on the type of skill.e.g am handling agroallied (Trinity farm and Co. Ltd. u can check d page on facebook and check company head office on google by search Trinity Crown Science Laboratory Center)which is for 8wks at 6000 for 2hrs per day witi pratical at d end in my farm.
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by mrnuur(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2015
butanep:

Understand my point. I didn't tell you to bring yourself down or look inferior but don't let it get over your head because no matter how good you are, if you don't have the opportunity to showcase what you have, it may appear you know nothing.

Develop you mind and tell yourself there are many things you have to know. That's the best way to grow.

Understand my point too, I wasn't bragging about it in anyway i was just saying that's all i've got. Nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2015
itzmarvyx:
Above all put God first in every action you take and let Him stamp your plans.

Commit thy WORKS to the Lord; and thy THOUGHTS shall be established.
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by femoalaofin: 1:13am On Dec 01, 2015
hello guys, if you need the latest 2015 ASPEN HYSYS v8.8 plus how to install it, please do contact me..price is affordable.
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by hahn(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bump
Re: Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! by TheGuy5: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2016
$13 SAVINGS! 2 DAYS TO GO !

NEW YEAR, NEW CHALLENGES;NEW SKILLS=VICTORY
If you continue to earn what you are earning at the moment all through the months until the end of next year, tell me: will that dream of becoming a financial pillar in your family be achieved soon? Well, YOU alone know the answer.

*BE POSITIVE*
*BE SMART*
*BE PRO-ACTIVE

Take a step today and get "Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from our Amazon marketplaces stores, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc . 35% Price slash Bonanza still ON till 31st December 2016!!!!

Select an area an be the champion expert support agent there! There are billions of cellphone devices to support. That's money waiting to be made by you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried / 29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.