Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out (39407 Views)

Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Chimoski87(m): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=blackpriest0911 post=39451566]Whoever wrote this thread doesn't know what he or she is saying, I watched it live,he performed excellently well

Thank you bro. I even watched his screening at heritage bank where I accompanied my younger sister to do her BVN. Was surprised when I started seeing clowns running up and down looking for an opportunity to discredit Rochas and the nominee. I know the thread was started by a wailer and the guys claiming they are from Imo but are not happy with the nominee are PDP'pig members. They think they are intellectually sound than a former IMSU vc, immediate past secretary to the Imo state government. Que sera, sera. Wailers must wail

1 Like

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Metrofox(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
Very disappointing appearance by the so called prof. He sounded cocky and childish..answers were mostly below average and lacking in depth. undecided undecided
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
That's what you get when you sacrifice competence for Awon goons mi
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by dachin(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Prof Anwuka did excellently well. I saw how he was calm and answered all the questions thrown @ him! He is good to go. Anyway, bad belle is allowed

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by InvertedHammer: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
/
Am I surprised?

All the folks that walk around with big titles but cannot hold an argument.

/
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by macolino(m): 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Prof Anwukah did very well,haters should go and die..
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Fallasy(m): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rochas Okorocha and family disgracing Imo State since 2011

1 Like

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by LoveDoc2: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nairaland a community of brainless idiots and wailers. Bunch of un-educated fools calling a whole Professure of English language and Education planning non-smart. I dont blame yopu idiots, i blame social media that has given brainless buffons an avenue to talk rubbish. Some of you have never achieved zilch in yourlives apart from coming here to talk rubbish.

To you wailing PDP idiots, Anwukah will be Minister for Education and there's nothing you brainless kangaroos can do about.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Onyiido: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
luchy34:
if they don't nominate him then this ministerial screening is a joke. At a stage all of them were dumbfounded and didn't know what to ask him again, the part I loved so much was when the asked him how he will impact Abia state as a minister, and he gave an insight of his experience as a community worker and how he can reach out to Abia citizens.. The man is just simply outstanding, for me he's the best ministerial nominee so far, followed by kachikwu and that fair lady from the north.. But Imo state own was the opposite the man was just talking off point he really disappointed me as a professor angry
Though I didn't watch him all through, I concur with u. Even when ben bruce asked him how he's going to deal with unfullfilling promises made by politician, he gave ben bruce a hot chase which left him all moping @ him. As for Imo, he should go back to his sender

1 Like

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Onyiido:
Though I didn't watch him all through, I concur with u. Even when ben bruce asked him how he's going to deal with unfullfilling promises made by politician, he gave ben bruce a hot chase which left him all moping @ him. As for Imo, he should go back to his sender
my dear nah rochASS problem undecided
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by DTutu1: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
victorels:
He want primary/nursery schools to replace drawings on the school walls to images of an arrested criminal in chain, black maria vann and prisoners to teach values to student.

They laughed at this nominee to stupor when he left.

My dear sorry for not understanding him. Let me spell it out for you. 'He was just trying to inform us that our educational system is too westernized' remember he was answering questions about our local language in our curriculum.. Pls note this: 'do not read the Bible like literature'.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by oviejnr(m): 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
You are not in the senate, that's your opinion. You can save that to yourself cos your not the 1 that appointed him or screened him. I watched his presentation and I applauded.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
DTutu1:

My dear sorry for not understanding him. Let me spell it out for you. 'He was just trying to inform us that our educational system is too westernized' remember he was answering questions about our local language in our curriculum.. Pls note this: 'do not read the Bible like literature'.
so how does replacing those images with prisoners teach children local Language?
Does those images lead to crime?

The essence of that question was to ensure students understands and that they do not forget their local dialect.

Local language is to foster unity and understanding across the ethnic groups in Nigeria. But that is not realizable as there are way overthere 400 ethnic group.
The introduction of the three major ethnic groups is the major cause of dis-unity. Other ethnic groups feel marginalized such that they want their freedom from the zone they were grouped in.
His response was irrelevant. He would be worst than bokoharam if he were to be from a known region in Nigeria that believe western education is evil.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by banio: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
AdaNri1:
Na wa for this government. I don't know why we must vote PDP or APC. Why can't we just reject this group of recycled career politicians everywhere so that Nigeria will move forward.
True talk
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by banki(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
IGBAACHI:

Like they asked Fashola why he spent 78 million on his personal website with lagos state money, also why he spent over 300 million to sink 2 boreholes that N200, 000= would have been able to do, and his answer was: I DONT SIGN CHEQUES, I'M ONLY A LAWYER. what a stupid answer. So much for flying colours.

Is that what you heard? Or did we watch the same ministerial nominations...

Both you and the clown you are responding to should take your stupid and foolish tribal war out of here
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by 4chi: 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Either Prof. Isaac Adewole (Osun) or Prof. Adaramola (Ondo) may end up being the Minister of Education.

There are profs and there are "profs"... grin
This yheeboe prof is a product of their "special centres"
And to think the so called nutty professor was vice chancellor
Of Imo State university.
Tufiakwa! shocked
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Neplusultra(f): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

Why is this even on front page? I watched it and he did well but the personal opinion of the OP shouldn't be on front page unless there is a motive to misrepresent facts.
Of course! Wot else if not to misrepresent facts! Silly tin!
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by icymaze(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Iranu!
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Feli2015: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
IMO State should shop for another person. I doubt how he became a VC and SSG. His answers were so dry. Abia and Enugu Nominees, I dropped my cap for them. They are materials.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Obiobi8(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Obiobi8(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Don't mind these people..
Anthony Anwuka did well..

Education in Igbo State Imo State the Eastern Heartland is also doing good thanks to his policies and his reforms..
Imo State consistently gets top scores in the country in education results..
Any effort to extend those qualities to the other states in the federal republic is welcome..

His response to the last question was really bad I must admit..
It wasn't even related to the question, it was just weird..
Honestly it was probably the worst thing I've ever heard in that ministerial screening..

It was probably due to pressure and tension..

Anyways he is part of the team that his Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari has put together to drive Nigeria forward so he is not to be underestimated..
His Curriculum and his experience is also very impressive..

Overall his screening wasn't as bad as this people are making it seem..

Enemies of progress..
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Obiobi8(m): 1:04am On Oct 29, 2015
victorels:

so how does replacing those images with prisoners teach children local Language?

The essence of that question was to ensure students understands and that they do not forget their local dialect.

Local language is to foster unity and understanding across the ethnic groups in Nigeria. But that is not realizable as there are way overthere 400 ethnic group.
The introduction of the three major ethnic groups is the major cause of dis-unity. Other ethnic groups feel marginalized such that they want their freedom from the zone they were grouped in.
His response was irrelevant. He would be worst than bokoharam if he were to be from a known region in Nigeria that believe western education is evil.

I agree that those responses were really bad and totally unrelated to the questions..

But I disagree with what you say about the introduction of the three major ethnic groups..
The three major ethnic groups you speak of are only used in the context of describing the biggest ethnic groups..

Only ignorant people and stupid people believe that only 3 ethnic groups exist in Nigeria..

The only thing that is three is the three lands divided by the river Niger and the river Benue..

Historically those two rivers separated the people on the three sides..
And the Delta was where the Western and the Eastern sides merged as well as the parts closest to the rivers..

In recent history we have hardly ever heard of any major conflict between people on the same side of the river..

The people in the South Eastern side historically had closer ties to the people of Cameroon than with the people of the South Western side..

Some people in the South East have Bantu ancestry..
Bantu people originate from Cameroon and migrated from there to Southern and Central Africa initially seeking tropical rain forests before merging with the Khoi-San in Botswana and forming the Zulu..
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zulu+map&espv=2&biw=1304&bih=707&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIyr6JiqfmyAIVylwaCh3QiwPJ#tbm=isch&q=bantu+map&imgrc=772Vrn0Il5SRjM%3A
The people of the South Western side had closer ties with the people of Benin Republic than with the people of the South Eastern side..
They were also colonialised by the people from the North who Islamised them..
The people of the North Middle Eastern side had closer ties with the people of Northern Cameroon and Chad and Lybia..
In fact there is a region called Adamawa region in Cameroon just like Adamawa state in Nigeria..
Adamawa is a branch of Fulani..
Other branches of Fulani are also present in Chad and Niger such as the Wodabe branch in Niger..
The people of the Northern side like the Hausa and Kanuri were originally indigenous to the Maghreb, the Sahel and North Africa before those territories were conquered by the Southern Europeans and the Arab people from the Middle East..
The people of North Nigeria descend from long dynasties of Moors that stretched across Northern Africa and the Sahel..
These Moorish kingdoms stretched from Timbuktu in Mali in the west, to Kano and Zaria and Sokoto in Nigeria all the way to Darfur in Sudan in the East..
The prevalence of Dogon architecture and Islam proves this..http://kcm.co/bethany/p_maps1/8035.gif
Hausa is spoken in various region of the Sahel..http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4085/1839/1600/Sahel.gif
Even in Sudan..

To some extent everybody has been shuffled and scattered in Africa so if you could go back in the family tree of some people from the East you will probably see some people from the West or the North and viceversa..
So in terms of genetics we are all a big shuffle to varying degrees..

But we all share the same origins anyway as we all come from the Rift Valley of Ethiopia..

However, tribes and ethnicities and languages are real and they have importance..
I don't advocate division but I totally reject unification under a wrong cause..
So I wholeheartedly agree with anyone who says "let's be friends and let's coexist peacefully" but I absolutely disagree with anyone who says "forget your language we have English now"..

I totally drifted off topic lol..
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by DTutu1: 2:00am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=victorels post=39459949]

The essence of that question was to ensure students understands and that they do not forget their local dialect.......

I told u not to read the bible like literature.

I've also noticed u spent a lot of time here especially Jobs/Vacancy section. You are way too serious with arguments that generate hate. Pls take it easy.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2015
Obiobi8:

I agree that those responses were really bad and totally unrelated to the questions..

But I disagree with what you say about the introduction of the three major ethnic groups..
The three major ethnic groups you speak of are only used in the context of describing the biggest ethnic groups..

Only ignorant people and stupid people believe that only 3 ethnic groups exist in Nigeria..

The only thing that is three is the three lands divided by the river Niger and the river Benue..

Historically those two rivers separated the people on the three sides..
And the Delta was where the Western and the Eastern sides merged as well as the parts closest to the rivers..

In recent history we have hardly ever heard of any major conflict between people on the same side of the river..

The people in the South Eastern side historically had closer ties to the people of Cameroon than with the people of the South Western side..

Some people in the South East have Bantu ancestry..
Bantu people originate from Cameroon and migrated from there to Southern and Central Africa initially seeking tropical rain forests before merging with the Khoi-San in Botswana and forming the Zulu..
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zulu+map&espv=2&biw=1304&bih=707&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIyr6JiqfmyAIVylwaCh3QiwPJ#tbm=isch&q=bantu+map&imgrc=772Vrn0Il5SRjM%3A
The people of the South Western side had closer ties with the people of Benin Republic than with the people of the South Eastern side..
They were also colonialised by the people from the North who Islamised them..
The people of the North Middle Eastern side had closer ties with the people of Northern Cameroon and Chad and Lybia..
In fact there is a region called Adamawa region in Cameroon just like Adamawa state in Nigeria..
Adamawa is a branch of Fulani..
Other branches of Fulani are also present in Chad and Niger such as the Wodabe branch in Niger..
The people of the Northern side like the Hausa and Kanuri were originally indigenous to the Maghreb, the Sahel and North Africa before those territories were conquered by the Southern Europeans and the Arab people from the Middle East..
The people of North Nigeria descend from long dynasties of Moors that stretched across Northern Africa and the Sahel..
These Moorish kingdoms stretched from Timbuktu in Mali in the west, to Kano and Zaria and Sokoto in Nigeria all the way to Darfur in Sudan in the East..
The prevalence of Dogon architecture and Islam proves this..http://kcm.co/bethany/p_maps1/8035.gif
Hausa is spoken in various region of the Sahel..http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4085/1839/1600/Sahel.gif
Even in Sudan..

To some extent everybody has been shuffled and scattered in Africa so if you could go back in the family tree of some people from the East you will probably see some people from the West or the North and viceversa..
So in terms of genetics we are all a big shuffle to varying degrees..

But we all share the same origins anyway as we all come from the Rift Valley of Ethiopia..

However, tribes and ethnicities and languages are real and they have importance..
I don't advocate division but I totally reject unification under a wrong cause..
So I wholeheartedly agree with anyone who says "let's be friends and let's coexist peacefully" but I absolutely disagree with anyone who says "forget your language we have English now"..

I totally drifted off topic lol..
Hahaha.
I am glad you saw it.

I wasn't talking about origin though. I was talking about the relationships between the big tribes and the others within their or around their border.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by IGBAACHI: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2015
atoleybaba:
only a smart person will understand his answer.. And it is somewhat obvious u are not smart

Dear Sir Smart,

If smartness means believing, like your smartself, that Tafa Balogun did not embezzle money, because the cheques used to embezzle were not signed by him, but by a junior colleague, let me remain non SMART.

Olodo.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by IGBAACHI: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Or adeosun who couldn't even define the term FDI properly.
These are the nitwits they expect to develop the country and do a better job than NOI.
Someone who is not even good enough to clean her shoes.

You dey mind them?
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by IGBAACHI: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2015
banki:

Is that what you heard? Or did we watch the same ministerial nominations...

Both you and the clown you are responding to should take your stupid and foolish tribal war out of here

I am foolish brother, but being an unfoolish person yourself, pray, can you educate me on his defence for using 78 million state funds to upgrade his personal website, and over 300 million to sink 2 boreholes. Note that I just used N120,000= to sink one in my newly finished FOOLISH DUPLEX, with a small but FOOLISH swimming pool.

Oya, floor is open to you.

Anu-ofia.
Re: Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out by atoleybaba(m): 11:32am On Oct 29, 2015
IGBAACHI:

Dear Sir Smart,

If smartness means believing, like your smartself, that Tafa Balogun did not embezzle money, because the cheques used to embezzle were not signed by him, but by a junior colleague, let me remain non SMART.

Olodo.
u see urself?? Misunderstanding his comment is the beginning of ur not being smart..since u av decided to remain "foolish"(opposite of smart. Am not insulting u) then I think it is better u remain that way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Edo For Killing Bus Driver (Photos) / FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu / Saraki Arrives Imo, Accompanied By Dino Melaye (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.