Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook (2824 Views)

I Am Embarrassed To Share The Same National Space With Some Imbeciles -soyinka / NAME the Nairalanders writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night / Alawiye Iwe Kinni Si Ikefa. This Is Where Our Yoruba Learning Started From. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
I recollect that I read Yoruba alphabet before I did the English alpahabet. This story is also from Alawiye: The title is - Aworawo ko ko t'ise, or something close to it. Aworawo sold water, but he was poor. His wife was always angry that he was too honest, but Aworawo insisted that his head would surely take him to where he is destined to be. There was a town that needed a king. The oracle said what they should do to find the right king, so that all would be well with the town. Pots were set in the palace yard. All water sellers were to come and fill the pots. Aworawo saw money in his pot, and he returned it to the palace keepers. No other water seller did. Aworawo became king. His wife was happy.

How many of such stories that shaped the xter of our generation should I recollect? There was the unserious boy in school who later pushed wheel barrow in the market, while his friend who was serious rode a car. There was Jokotola was greedy and would not work. He only waited for his father's wealth. The father died, Jokotola did not shed a drop of tearsshocked, but waited impatiently for his father's wealth to be shared. There was his half-brother who did cry, and did not care for the sharing of any wealth. The father woke up later. He didn't dieundecided, he only wanted to know who loved him, and who did not tongue. Are these stories in our schools today? A reason we have lost so much of our valuesangry. Regards....
share the stories that made an impression on u from alawiye

Cc lalasticlala wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tmanners smiley
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by KingTom(m): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
I recollect that I read Yoruba alphabet before I did the English alpahabet. This story is also from Alawiye: The title is - Aworawo ko ko t'ise, or something close to it. Aworawo sold water, but he was poor. His wife was always angry that he was too honest, but Aworawo insisted that his head would surely take him to where he is destined to be. There was a town that needed a king. The oracle said what they should do to find the right king, so that all would be well with the town. Pots were set in the palace yard. All water sellers were to come and fill the pots. Aworawo saw money in his pot, and he returned it to the palace keepers. No other water seller did. Aworawo became king. His wife was happy.

How many of such stories that shaped the xter of our generation should I recollect? There was the unserious boy in school who later pushed wheel barrow in the market, while his friend who was serious rode a car. There was Jokotola was greedy and would not work. He only waited for his father's wealth. The father died, Jokotola did not shed a drop of tearsshocked, but waited impatiently for his father's wealth to be shared. There was his half-brother who did cry, and did not care for the sharing of any wealth. The father woke up later. He didn't dieundecided, he only wanted to know who loved him, and who did not tongue. Are these stories in our schools today? A reason we have lost so much of our valuesangry. Regards....
share the stories that made an impression on u from alawiye

Cc lalasticlala wink

Alo̩o̩ – o! Alo̩o̩! Okunrin wa ni ilu kan, o ni o̩d’o̩mo̩binrin to to lo̩le o̩ko̩. O̩mo̩binrin yi ti dagba, Baba re̩ wa lo̩ sile o̩ba, o wa so̩ fun o̩ba wipe, e̩ni ke̩ni to ba fe̩ fe̩̩ o̩mo̩ oun, o ni lati duro fun o̩jo̩ meje lai je̩un tabi mu omi rara. Iru e̩ni be̩ ni oun yoo fi o̩mo̩ oun fun lati fi s̩aya. Awo̩n e̩ye̩ merin lo wa lati fe̩ o̩mo̩ baba yi. Ikankan wo̩n wa lati fe̩ iyawo. Won si se̩ alaye ohun ti wo̩n maa s̩e fun wo̩n. Ati pe e̩nike̩ni to ba s̩e o̩jo̩ meje yi lai je̩ lai mu to ba pari ni o̩jo̩ keje, o gbo̩do̩ wa jo niwaju o̩ba, ki wo̩n to gba lati fun niyawo. Olukaluku wo̩n pada lo̩le lati lo̩ mura. E̩nikan ninu wo̩n lo o̩jo̩ me̩ta ko to je̩un, enikan pe̩lu si lo o̩jo̩ me̩rin, bee ni ninu wo̩n a ri eyi to lo o̩jo̩ marun, be̩e̩ ni awo̩n to lo o̩jo̩ meje na si wa lara wo̩n. Nigbati wo̩n pari awo̩n o̩jo̩ ti wo̩n ya so̩to̩ fun laijeun, o wa ku ki wo̩n wa jo niwaju o̩ba. O ni amin ti wo̩n a fi mo̩ boya e̩ni yi s̩e ge̩ge̩ bi won ti ni ki wo̩n s̩e. Awo̩n ti wo̩n ko lo o̩jo̩ meje ti wo̩n fi ni ki wo̩n ma je, ma mu ye̩n, oye o̩jo̩ ti wo̩n fi puro a ko̩ o̩ sile̩ fun wo̩n. Alako̩ko̩ wa, o jo, o lo̩, elekeji s̩e be̩ pelu, ike̩ta ati ike̩rin; awo̩n me̩ta kan wa to lo o̩jo̩ meje na. Ibere ni pe, ta ni wo̩n yoo fun ni iyawo ninu wo̩n. Eni to ko̩ko̩ yoju ninun wo̩n ni e̩ye̩ as̩a, o wa morin senu. Tin ba ni Se̩se̩se̩, se̩ge̩le̩te̩ emi ladomude, nitori oruko̩ omidan na ni omude. E̩ oni Sorosa. O be̩re̩ si nin korin wipe
wink
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
KingTom:

Alo̩o̩ – o! Alo̩o̩! Okunrin wa ni ilu kan, o ni o̩d’o̩mo̩binrin to to lo̩le o̩ko̩. O̩mo̩binrin yi ti dagba, Baba re̩ wa lo̩ sile o̩ba, o wa so̩ fun o̩ba wipe, e̩ni ke̩ni to ba fe̩ fe̩̩ o̩mo̩ oun, o ni lati duro fun o̩jo̩ meje lai je̩un tabi mu omi rara. Iru e̩ni be̩ ni oun yoo fi o̩mo̩ oun fun lati fi s̩aya. Awo̩n e̩ye̩ merin lo wa lati fe̩ o̩mo̩ baba yi. Ikankan wo̩n wa lati fe̩ iyawo. Won si se̩ alaye ohun ti wo̩n maa s̩e fun wo̩n. Ati pe e̩nike̩ni to ba s̩e o̩jo̩ meje yi lai je̩ lai mu to ba pari ni o̩jo̩ keje, o gbo̩do̩ wa jo niwaju o̩ba, ki wo̩n to gba lati fun niyawo. Olukaluku wo̩n pada lo̩le lati lo̩ mura. E̩nikan ninu wo̩n lo o̩jo̩ me̩ta ko to je̩un, enikan pe̩lu si lo o̩jo̩ me̩rin, bee ni ninu wo̩n a ri eyi to lo o̩jo̩ marun, be̩e̩ ni awo̩n to lo o̩jo̩ meje na si wa lara wo̩n. Nigbati wo̩n pari awo̩n o̩jo̩ ti wo̩n ya so̩to̩ fun laijeun, o wa ku ki wo̩n wa jo niwaju o̩ba. O ni amin ti wo̩n a fi mo̩ boya e̩ni yi s̩e ge̩ge̩ bi won ti ni ki wo̩n s̩e. Awo̩n ti wo̩n ko lo o̩jo̩ meje ti wo̩n fi ni ki wo̩n ma je, ma mu ye̩n, oye o̩jo̩ ti wo̩n fi puro a ko̩ o̩ sile̩ fun wo̩n. Alako̩ko̩ wa, o jo, o lo̩, elekeji s̩e be̩ pelu, ike̩ta ati ike̩rin; awo̩n me̩ta kan wa to lo o̩jo̩ meje na. Ibere ni pe, ta ni wo̩n yoo fun ni iyawo ninu wo̩n. Eni to ko̩ko̩ yoju ninun wo̩n ni e̩ye̩ as̩a, o wa morin senu. Tin ba ni Se̩se̩se̩, se̩ge̩le̩te̩ emi ladomude, nitori oruko̩ omidan na ni omude. E̩ oni Sorosa. O be̩re̩ si nin korin wipe
wink
sorosa grin.....hahahahahahaha oya egbon mi eba mi pari alo na o cheesy
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dokita kingtom, e jowo eba mi pari poet yi sad
Ise ni ogun ise
mura si ise ore mi
ise ni a fi n di eni giga
ti a ko ba ri eni feyintin
bi ole la n ri
ti a ko ba ri eni gbekele
sad
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by KingTom(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
sorosa grin.....hahahahahahaha oya egbon mi eba mi pari alo na o cheesy
grin grin
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Two lovers telling themselves stories grin lipsrsealed
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
KingTom:
grin grin
ondun momi o cheesy
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Two lovers telling themselves stories grin lipsrsealed
abi o olomoge sooyoyo cheesy
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by KingTom(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
ondun momi o cheesy
tani Ni lovers? Emi ati Iwo? Olorun maje! grin
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
abi o olomoge sooyoyo cheesy
soyoyo by Musiliu Haruna Ishola?
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
KingTom:
tani Ni lovers? Emi ati Iwo? Olorun maje! grin
peter shocked
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
soyoyo by Musiliu Haruna Ishola?
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
grin
Sarah shocked
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
I can only remember ‘Alao hu wo"
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Sarah shocked
jack shocked
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
jack shocked
myles lipsrsealed
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
myles lipsrsealed
sparrowlipsrsealed
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
sparrowlipsrsealed
happen? This place dey boring jare
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
happen? This place dey boring jare
e dry pass kingtom yanshlipsrsealed
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
e dry pass kingtom yanshlipsrsealed
lol. Why you so obsessed with his yansh tho?
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Mightyraw(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
daretodiffer:
I can only remember ‘Alao hu wo"
alade hu wo...xame name they us in teasing me wen I was young
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
lol. Why you so obsessed with his yansh tho?
hmmmmlipsrsealed

wink
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
hmmmmlipsrsealed

wink
The long arm of the law will soon catch up with you
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
The long arm of the law will soon catch up with you
nob person dy inside cell?undecided who dem build am for? ......nob una type?angrytongue
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by acmesuccess: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
kindly download BLOOD ON THE ALTAR for free.

[size=16pt]CLICK HERE[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-EpC3yBtuhJE/Vf5uzOnASUI/AAAAAAAAAb0/HZLNMY3s7lo/s400/book%2Bblood%2Bon%2Btha%2Baltar%2Bembross.png[/img]
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
ggrin:
nob person dy inside cell?undecided who dem build am for? ......nob una type?angrytongue
una own cell dey different. Na underground _gays cell dey
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by ggrin(f): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
una own cell dey different. Na underground _gays cell dey
angry
Re: Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook by Profmaojo: 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sori can't type in yoro. I remember ' an adult is wise, a child is also wise' agba gbo omode gbo .. Also i stil remember babalawo ko ba fe ki ifa, oroti opon ifa. Akope ko ba fe ko eniyo

(1) (Reply)

How The Flesh Almost Ruin Him (true Life Story) / Diary Of A Wimpy Kid(nigerian Version) / Spoken Word Poetry: - The Future Of Poetry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.