Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:48 AM

At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? (6892 Views)

Can A Person Pursue A Second Degree In Law After A First Degree In Accounting? / After A First Degree, What Next? / At What Age Did You Finish Your First Degree / HND Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
B4 u start saying its not how far but how well....pls i'm already aware of that notion. D motive behind this thread is to get the idea of what age a normal Nigerian, living a normal Nigerian life should posses his/her first degree.
Btw, i'm 23 and i finshed few weeks ago. I'm i late, on time or ahead of time cos sm1 said i'm too young to start going to offices with my certificate...lool
tnx 4ur honest replies. Cc lalasticlala
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Gboliwe: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Greycious:
B4 u start saying its not how far but how well....pls i'm already aware of that notion. D motive behind this thread is to get the idea of what age a normal Nigerian, living a normal Nigerian life should posses his/her first degree.
Btw, i'm 23 and i finshed few weeks ago. I'm i late, on time or ahead of time cos sm1 said i'm too young to start going to offices with my certificate...lool

What was the average age of your classmates?

[s] Can you graduates please learn to write like graduates please? [/s]

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Lescott7(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
To my own opinion, the minimum age should be 21 while the maximum age should be 25. When you are finishing at 26 and above, is not worth celebrating.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
At
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by nawtibownie: 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
22-25 years.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by HawksDude(m): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Greycious:

The average age of graduates now is 20! I finished at 21 and I still felt old coz I had younger course mates. You're old already! The person who told you you're too young lied. By the way, your grammar is way too poor for a graduate.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by lilmax(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
Depends on the school, course and ASUU

Its normally at 21
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by PresVA: 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Greycious:
You finished at 23 an you're calling yourself young? By the time you finish nysc you will be around 24/25...Then you'll know you're very old because you'll see graduate jobs that require maximum of 24 years old. .access bank, oanda, NSE et al..

Don't feel so special, people finished at a much younger age.. some people got their Doctorate degrees at 25 and even lower!!

However, age is only but a number. . It doesn't stop you from reaching your goals if you're determined!

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by unofficial(m): 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ogbeni, you aren't young.

I'm 23 and I have 2years experience.

I have a colleague that is 21years now, and she's on her second job.

Recalibrate your definition of young.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
unofficial:
biko help me o...I'm 23 no job...
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by akins56(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2015
i'll be through with my 5years course when am 21 next year, i gain admission to the university when am just 15.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by doublex: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2015
am 17 and even i can see according to calculations that you are the right age or even a year late.are you looking for compliments?hehe grin

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by doublex: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
akins56:
i'll be through with my 5years course when am 21 next year, i gain admission to the university when am just 15.
cool man cool

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
NLanders are always quick to point out ppl's errors not considering d constraints dat might hv caused it....buh dah one no concern me sha. Sm1 said i'm feeling special which is wrong cos i'm just trying to find out d average age of fresh graduates. I finished at 23 cos i studied a 5yr course with d initial year i spent trying to gain admission. Everybody has a story to tell.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
20132014:
At 23, you have an opportunity to organise yourself and move forward. I wasted mine and everyday I keep regretting. I'm 22 and just gain admission into Tertiary institution. F**k me.
sorry bro...but i knw of sm1 who gained admission at 24. Different strokes for different folks
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
akins56:
Are u in a private uni?
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
unofficial:

i didn't claim to be too young, how can i when i knw sm1 who is 21 in the class.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
nawtibownie:
22-25 years.
Thanks much. At what age did u or will u graduate?
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by akins56(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Greycious:
Are u in a private uni?
no, a public uni. I even wasted a year at home, i finished my secondary school at age 14.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
akins56:
no, a public uni. I even wasted a year at home, i finished my secondary school at age 14.
dat means u must have skipped at least two classes in pry or sec. Sch.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by akins56(m): 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Greycious:
dat means u must have skipped at least two classes in pry or sec. Sch.
i only skipped SS3
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
akins56:
i only skipped SS3
taught as much my namesake smiley
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Osemond123(m): 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Then us that are in our late 20s should start crying abi. The rate at which poeple ask some senseless questions on NL is really disturbing. Concentrate in your studies you want instead you choose to stay in NL and be qsking senseless questions. when you graduate the next qusetion will be *Abeg can some one survive with third class or second class lower in labour market*

#CONTINUE

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by destino24(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
akins56:

The legal age to attain before getting a JAMB form is 16.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by destino24(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Op asked this question so he could feel good about himself
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Darey00(m): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Op u no young at all o.. M also 23 and just graduated. Check the job section on nairaland most of the entry jobs are in the 21-26 range
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by akins56(m): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2015
destino24:

The legal age to attain before getting a JAMB form is 16.
lol,,who told you that ? Only Unilag enforced it back then in 2011 when wrote jamb, other Uni never did.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by destino24(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
akins56:
lol,,who told you that ? Only Unilag enforced it back then in 2011 when wrote jamb, other Uni never did.

That's not true
UNN still does, till today
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by akins56(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2015
destino24:

That's not true
UNN still does, till today
well in my own Uni, and some other uni's i knows as well, the 16year minimum age ceiling is never enforced.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Greycious:
NLanders are always quick to point out ppl's errors not considering d constraints dat might hv caused it....buh dah one no concern me sha. Sm1 said i'm feeling special which is wrong cos i'm just trying to find out d average age of fresh graduates. I finished at 23 cos i studied a 5yr course with d initial year i spent trying to gain admission. Everybody has a story to tell.
then you would have just asked for the average year instead of telling us how ppl say ur a youmg graduate....cuz ur nt.
am 23 and am about rounding up my youth service, and i read a 5 yr course too.
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
chayomastic:
then you would have just asked for the average year instead of telling us how ppl say ur a youmg graduate....cuz ur nt.
am 23 and am about rounding up my youth service, and i read a 5 yr course too.

cool....

Bt if u read tru ma first post i neva claimed young. Just said sm1 said i'm too young to start searching for office work.

Can't claim young wen my closest frnd in class is just 21.

Peace
Re: At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? by Greycious(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
Osemond123:
Then us that are in our late 20s should start crying abi. The rate at which poeple ask some senseless questions on NL is really disturbing. Concentrate in your studies you want instead you choose to stay in NL and be qsking senseless questions. when you graduate the next qusetion will be *Abeg can some one survive with third class or second class lower in labour market*

#CONTINUE

only a senseless poster replies to a senseless question

and btw, ur reasoning is so shallow to think most ppl dat graduated at a younger age did so with a bad result.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Employment Oppurtunities For Biochemists In Nigeria Today ? / I Need To Know All About Chartered Institute Of Logistics And Transport (cilt) / AVEVA PDMS Training Videos + Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.