Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL (18827 Views)

1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by abatically(m): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
nurey:

doing 161km/hr on Nigerian express is what fela tagged Double wahala for dead body

Depends on the state of the road. I cruise control at 160km/hr between ore and benin, that is with my family in the car. The reason I have my car in cruise control is because I don't wanna go beyond that speed. If I'm alone I'll easily do 170-180 on that road.

If the road is smooth, wide, less traffic and ur car doesn't have any vibration, then 180km/hr is not a death wish.

3 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by lonelydora: 3:38am On Nov 10, 2015
nurey:

doing 161km/hr on Nigerian express is what fela tagged Double wahala for dead body

I beg to disagree. That's my cruising speed. Meet me on Abuja-Kaduna or Benin-Ore or PH-Akwa Ibom (through Ogoni). Just that I can't take a pix at that speed.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by lonelydora: 3:40am On Nov 10, 2015
abatically:

Depends on the state of the road. I cruise control at 160km/hr between ore and benin, that is with my family in the car. The reason I have my car in cruise control is because I don't wanna go beyond that speed. If I'm alone I'll easily do 170-180 on that road.

If the road is smooth, wide, less traffic and ur car doesn't have any vibration, then 180km/hr is not a death wish.

Nurey be like say he still dey learn work. wink wink wink
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 5:32am On Nov 10, 2015
lonelydora:

I beg to disagree. That's my cruising speed. Meet me on Abuja-Kaduna or Benin-Ore or PH-Akwa Ibom (through Ogoni). Just that I can't take a pix at that speed.

through out the journey, it's only abuja-lokoja express and zaria-kano express I can try it, others is just too risky especially with a CUV or SUV.

1 Like

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
nurey:

Not on roads in the north.

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 6:12am On Nov 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Not on roads in the north.

Not all, but some. The abuja to zaria road is not crater and pot hole free, you should see the way land cruisers and prado are driven carefully on that road. Evading pot holes on high speed with higher ground clearance can spell doom.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by uboma(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2015
Bossforeva:
well sone bro. Gwagwalada sha, u never enter Abuja. But it will be more easier now. Lagos-Abuja is very far on its own.

Is Gwagwalada not a LGA under the FCT?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by MPVGoddess: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
nurey:

Kano boy are you safe?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 5:40am On Nov 20, 2015
MPVGoddess:

Kano boy are you safe?

I am safe. It was my brother from Lagos who hinted me on the bomb thing. My area in kano is peaceful. Thank you for been concerned.

My ride is up now, The kickstarter was the culprit, the fan was fixed with its own personal relay just that I may need to change the top gasket according to the mechanic said the overheating thing affected it.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by aieromon(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
That's great news. Do you think the car can survive the drive back to Lagos?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 6:03am On Nov 21, 2015
aieromon:
That's great news. Do you think the car can survive the drive back to Lagos?

I have Faith it can, but I can't say categorically say it won't give problems, but I can minimise the problems if I do my due diligence. Thanks for viewing
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by clemz85(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2015
kingreign:
You wan kill am? lipsrsealed
they don't know d diff btwn 1. ltrs and 2 to 2. ltrs,
I hate 1ltrs
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by BTT(m): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hurry, how far?
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by caesaraba(m): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Piyke:
@Nurey

It's all a lesson and I know we're all now better drivers by this experience. My longest road trip was just shy of 1000km it was 942km (Gombe to Enugu through benue not Abuja), did this a couple of times back in the days. Had no issues, I think why this went wrong is essentially because you rebuilt your engine recently (gathered this from Gazzuzz's posts) and I don't know if the engine was properly broken in before you took it on this gruelling journey. Guess that lead to the accelerated wear and subsequent oil shorts.

There's a whole lot and sometimes conflicting info on how to break in a rebuilt engine, but breaking-in a rebuilt or new engine should be done. One rule of breaking-in an engine is not doing long trips like 1000km until the engine has been properly broken in. Can't remember now but I think 600miles is the figure Honda quotes from break-in distance. Nissan may be different.

Why I'm making this comment is because I see you are considering fitting in a new engine and undertaking the same journey, whilst a new tokunbo engine won't require break-in, it may be advisable to drain the oil after a couple hundred kms just to remove all the gunk in the engine (engine may have been sitting for long). This will ensure that any possible debris in the engine that can wear it out and cause oil shortage is removed. Also you have the task of ensuring that the replacement engine has not had any parts like rings replaced. If it has then its a rebuilt engine and a break-in procedure must be followed.

Thanks a lot. Would do this on an engine I changed yesterday.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by larrypourl(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
Which kind post bi dis now Nurey come and complete the story oo. How was your trip back to Lagos and hope nothing happened to the car again before it was sold ?

Let's finish the story biko grin
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
larrypourl:
Which kind post bi dis now Nurey come and complete the story oo. How was your trip back to Lagos and hope nothing happened to the car again before it was sold ?

Let's finish the story biko grin

I gave the car to my brother in the north and entered luxurious bus home.

how did you open this can of worms grin nawa for you

2 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by larrypourl(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
nurey:

I gave the car to my brother in the north and entered luxurious bus home.
how did you open this can of worms grin nawa for you
Eagles eye now grin
Now story yaff finish.

3 Likes

Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by ehizario2012: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2020
Hmmm... Learnt alot from this. I intend buying this 1.5L engine Nissan Almera hatchback for my wife. I can now believe it has excellent duel economy.

@nurey, hope you now have a good job/biz and family now?

As they said, the internet NEVER forgets.

You did well.

Please respond if u can.
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
ehizario2012:
Hmmm... Learnt alot from this. I intend buying this 1.5L engine Nissan Almera hatchback for my wife. I can now believe it has excellent duel economy.

@nurey, hope you now have a good job/biz and family now?

As they said, the internet NEVER forgets.

You did well.

Please respond if u can.

I had a good business had to close down because I got a very juicy job, making plans for family.

Yes the Almera N16 is a very good and reliable vehicle once you can get pass the crankshaft and camshaft sensor factory issues
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by Nafizzey(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ko
GAZZUZZ:

Tales of a learner.

Guy this is how to play the game, put a car moving at your desired speed in front, keep a distance and when him dodge pothole you follow dodge, when him enter "koto" you dodge, in future zip your wheel covers to your rims on Nigerian roads, or remove them before the journey. As for the exhaust, that one don tey wey e wan fall, just waiting for the right moment.

Weldon. The rest of the journey is a straight road without any incidents, I'll advice you keep a light foot if not you will damage your engine.

Lastly when you fall into a pothole, let go of the brakes!!
please why should you let go off brake when you when you fall into pot hole..? Thanks GAZZUZZ
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by DECOtech(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
nurey:
Please Gurus in the House, does this calculation work if a distance is 1000km and you are driving 200km/h. if you divided 1000km by 200km you get 5, does that mean if am in a bugatti, doing 200km/h then I will cover the whole 1000km in just 5 hours. Gurus, over to you
Numbers don't lie smiley
Re: 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL by nurey(m): 6:05am On Jan 17, 2023
Una don wake the sleeping dog again grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.